Hunters quotes

• I shall always think of myself first and foremost... as a hunter.
    -- Abraham Lincoln

#Thinking #Hunters #Firsts

• The first rule of all air combat is to see the opponent first. Like the hunter who stalks his prey and maneuvers himself unnoticed into the most favourable position for the kill, the fighter in the opening of a dogfight must detect the opponent as early as possible in order to attain a superior position for the attack.
    -- Adolf Galland

#Air #Order #Hunters

• I'm a Red-baiter; I'm a witch-hunter if the witches are Communists.
    -- Adolphe Menjou

#Hunters #Red #Witch

• Then he said in his most excellent Mick impression, "Your powers are useless against Ninja Lords, O great zombie hunter! Surrender or feel the sting of the shuriken!
    -- Alan Goldsher

#Zombie #Hunters #Useless

• Vegetarian: Indian word for lousy hunter.
    -- Andy Rooney

#Hunters #Vegetarian #Culinary

• Human beings thrive on action. Stagnation does not wear well with us. We are said to have our origins as hunter-gatherers. We run and we chase. We are problem-solvers. We must be continuously tested and we continuously test ourselves. And it will not end until our lives end because of life itself.
    -- Art Buchwald

#Running #Doe #Hunters

• You can't teach a hunter it's wrong to kill.
    -- Baba Hari Dass

#Teaching #Literature #Hunters

• Freedom is nothing but the distance between the hunter and the hunted.
    -- Bei Dao

#Distance #Hunters

• The leaping Jaguar on the bonnet, to me, makes it look more like a hunter than something that is getting away. It's a hunter. Richard III definitely would have had a chauffeur driven Jaguar MK X.
    -- Ben Kingsley

#Hunters #Looks #Jaguars

• Africa is mystic; it is wild; it is a sweltering inferno; it is a photographer's paradise, a hunter's Valhalla, an escapist's Utopia. It is what you will, and it withstands all interpretations. It is the last vestige of a dead world or the cradle of a shiny new one. To a lot of people, as to myself, it is just 'home'. It is all these things but one thing - it is never dull.
    -- Beryl Markham

#Home #People #Hunters

• As a head-hunter I get a lot of satisfaction from seeing my candidates do well and therefore my clients happy. I want to work with clients more as a partner than simply a head-hunter.
    -- Bruce Bennett

#Hunters #Want #Satisfaction

• I imagined calling in to my own radio show: Yeah hi, I'm a werewolf, and I'm stuck in a cabin in the woods with another werewolf and a werewolf hunter...
    -- Carrie Vaughn

#Hunters #Cabins #Calling

• The Heart is a Lonely Hunter.
    -- Carson McCullers

#Lonely #Heart #Hunters

• Certificates from top US universities adorned the walls like tiger head in a hunter’s home.
    -- Chetan Bhagat

#Wall #Home #Hunters

• There is that great proverb — that until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
    -- Chinua Achebe

#Hunters #Lions #Historian

• Even a hunter cannot kill a bird which flies to him for refuge.
    -- Chiune Sugihara

#Bird #Hunters #Refuge

• Only recently have we come up with the technology to turn lazing around into a way of life. We've taken our sinewy, durable, hunter-gatherer bodies and plunked them into an artificial world of leisure.
    -- Christopher McDougall

#Taken #Technology #Hunters

• People such as Hunter S. Thompson and the Beats were a huge influence on me, not just in what they were saying, but how they said it.
    -- Corey Taylor

#People #Hunters #Influence

• The theory I'm putting forward here is that storytelling is a genetic characteristic in the sense that early human hunters who were able to organize events into stories were more successful than hunters who weren't—and this success translated directly into reproductive success. In other words, hunters who were storytellers tended to be better represented in the gene pool than hunters who weren't, which (incidentally) accounts for the fact that storytelling isn't just found here and there among human cultures, it's found universally.
    -- Daniel Quinn

#Successful #Events #Hunters

• A little knowledge is a dangerous thing." - Harkat Mulds (Hunters of the Dusk)
    -- Darren Shan

#Hunters #Littles #Dangerous

• I am a hunter. Not merely 'a person who hunts', but someone to whom this ancient, natural and honorable activity is an essential and deeply meaningful part of life.
    -- David Petersen

#Meaningful #Essentials #Hunters

• I felt like a deer with a hundred hunters after me.
    -- Deion Sanders

#Hunters #Deer #Hundred

• To be honest, when you're young and you watch The Deer Hunter for the first time, that's when you're like, "That's what I want to do."
    -- Donal Logue

#Hunters #Watches #Want

• As a bounty hunter, I have to dress the part. If I came to the door and looked like Carrot Top, you'd laugh.
    -- Duane Chapman

#Doors #Laughing #Hunters

• Its a matter of style. The Evan Hunter style and the Ed McBain style are very, very different.
    -- Ed McBain

#Style #Hunters #Different

• In every human society of which we know - prehistoric, ancient or modern, whether hunter-gatherer, pastoral, agricultural or industrial - at least some form of art is displayed, and not only displayed, but highly regarded and willingly engaged in.
    -- Ellen Dissanayake

#Art #Hunters #Culture

• I've always said I want a farmer, not a hunter. Hunters go for the kill and they move on. A farmer nurtures; he watches things grow.
    -- Eva Longoria

#Moving #Hunters #Watches

• The hunter for aphorisms on human nature has to fish in muddy water, and he is even condemned to find much of his own mind.
    -- F. H. Bradley

#Water #Mind #Hunters

• Beast had once informed me that humans were hunters only by luck and because they had opposable thumbs.
    -- Faith Hunter

#Luck #Hunters #Thumbs

• It is much easier to be the hunter than the hunted. When you are the one not expected to do anything, you play better.
    -- Gary Payton

#Play #Hunters #Easier

• In searching for the self, one cannot simultaneously be the hunter and the hunted.
    -- Gilbert Ryle

#Self #Hunters

• Study yourself the way a hunter studied prey. Exploit your own weaknesses to create desired changes within yourself.
    -- Grant Morrison

#Weakness #Hunters #Way

• So he stalked her again. Love makes hunters of us all.
    -- Gregory Maguire

#Hunters

• The unvarnished truth is that a trained dog is a perishable commodity. Few things are so subject to deterioration. It is almost as hard-and it takes almost as good a hunter-to keep a dog good as to make one as good. Eternal vigilance is the price of a good bird dog, regardless of who you are, or where and how virtuously you live.
    -- Havilah Babcock

#Dog #Bird #Hunters

• There will be hunters and hunted, winners and losers. What counts in global competition is the right strategy and success.
    -- Heinrich von Pierer

#Decision #Competition #Hunters

• Actually, I'm not all that interested in the subject of photography. Once the picture is in the box, I'm not all that interested in what happens next. Hunters, after all, aren't cooks.
    -- Henri Cartier-Bresson

#Photography #Hunters #Next

• A hunter of shadows, himself a shade.
    -- Homer

#Shadow #Hunters #Shade

• Until the lion learns to write, every story will glorify the hunter.
    -- J. Nozipo Maraire

#Writing #Hunters #Stories

• We were hunter-gatherers of information, and we moved from that to becoming farmers and cultivators of information.
    -- J.P. Rangaswami

#Hunters #Information #Becoming

• I realized fear one morning, with the blare of the fox hunter's sound. When they're all chasin' the poor bloody fox, 'tis safer to be dressed like the hound.
    -- Jack Higgins

#Morning #Sound #Hunters

• I am confident, I am capable, and I will not wait to be rescued by a woodsman or a hunter.
    -- Jackson Pearce

#Waiting #Hunters #Capable

• Be the hunter, not the hunted: Never allow your unit to be caught with its guard down.
    -- James Mattis

#Military #Hunters #Caught

• There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.
    -- James Mattis

#Military #Discipline #Hunters

• Thimerosal is commonly used as an antiseptic/preservative in vaccines in the range of 1:10,000 to 1:20,000. Welsh's and Hunter's 1940 findings, applied to current thimerosal use in vaccines, lead to the conclusion that thimerosal completely inhibits phagocytosis in blood, one of the body's most vital immune defenses!
    -- Jamie Murphy

#Blood #Vaccines #Hunters

• You need to hunt something that can shoot back at you to really classify yourself as a hunter. You need to understand the feeling of what it's like to go into the field and know your opposition can take you out.
    -- Jesse Ventura

#Feelings #Hunters #Needs

• Birthdays are ghost bounty hunters that track you down to ask, "Que pasa, baby?
    -- Jim Harrison

#Baby #Track #Hunters

• I'm big into fishing, but I've never been much of a hunter. I never was really raised around it a whole lot, so I never got a chance to do it a whole lot.
    -- Joe Nichols

#Fishing #Hunters #Chance

• This world's divided into two kinds of people: the hunter and the hunted. Luckily I'm the hunter. Nothing can change that.
    -- Joel McCrea

#Two #People #Hunters

• Oh my God. You're a witch-hunter. I'm a witch. Hate to break it to you Daniel, but if you're a witch-hunter? You're doing it wrong." He gave me a sidelong smile. "Maybe it's not that kind of hunting." "Then you're definitely doing it wrong.
    -- Kelley Armstrong

#Hate #Hunting #Hunters

• Whenever we play the Twins, Torii Hunter has a major impact on defense. He tells the left fielder and the right fielder to take the day off and he covers the whole outfield.
    -- Ken Macha

#Impact #Play #Hunters

• For greatness is only the drayhorse that coaxes The built cart out; and where we go is reason. But genius is an enormous littleness, a trickling Of heart that covers alike the hare and the hunter.
    -- Kenneth Patchen

#Heart #Greatness #Hunters

• My mother is a great hunter - she usually shoots our Thanksgiving turkey.
    -- Kirsten Gillibrand

#Mother #Turkeys #Hunters

• There are only two kinds of vampire hunters: good ones and dead ones.
    -- Laurell K. Hamilton

#Two #Vampire #Hunters

• In the past, when I shot films about fishermen and hunters, I always had to admire their ability to perceive time in its entirety. The present was always temporary.
    -- Lennart Meri

#Past #Hunters #Film

• You can be the hunter, or you can be the hunted.
    -- Lisa Gardner

#Hunters

• Witch hunters is white women’s worry.
    -- Marie Laveau

#White #Worry #Hunters

• Beyond Bookchin”, David Watson, of Fifth Estate, argues that aboriginal society represents a viable Utopia. He quotes favourably the anthropologist Marshall Sahlins; “We are inclined to think of hunters and gatherers as poor because they don’t have anything, perhaps better to think of them for that reason as free.
    -- Marshall Sahlins

#Thinking #Hunters #Arguing

• A modern writer likens coquettes to those hunters who do not eat the game which they have successfully pursued.
    -- Mary Elizabeth Braddon

#Games #Hunters #Coquette

• I suppose no man becomes a pocket hunter by first intention.
    -- Mary Hunter Austin

#Men #Hunters #Firsts

• Bitterness is the trap that snares the hunter
    -- Max Lucado

#Bitterness #Hunters #Snares

• I'm the hunter," Elena reminded him. "I should go first." "Of course you may go first. When I am dead.
    -- Nalini Singh

#May #Firsts #Hunters

• Once humans traded their hunter-gatherer existences for more settled communities, we began a quest to make our lives better and more comfortable, but we've also been sucking precious finite resources from our environment ever since.
    -- Naveen Jain

#Community #Quests #Hunters

• There are no lazy veteran lion hunters.
    -- Norman Ralph Augustine

#Effort #Lazy #Hunters

• The hunter follows things which flee from him; he leaves them when they are taken; and ever seeks for that which is beyond what he has found. [Lat., Venator sequitur fugientia; capta relinquit; Semper et inventis ulteriora petit.]
    -- Ovid

#Taken #Future #Hunters

• The human cardiovascular system evolved as part of the physiology of [prehistoric] hunters, who ran for their lives.
    -- Paul Shepard

#Endurance #Hunters #Humans

• Recently, I've been loving Monster Hunter! A film conversion is currently in planning.
    -- Paul W. S. Anderson

#Monsters #Hunters #Planning

• Unlike aboriginal hunters, commercial seal hunters leave the carcasses on the ice to rot.
    -- Paul Watson

#Animal #Ice #Hunters

• ... the ears of the hunted grow even keener than a hunter's.
    -- Phyllis Bottome

#Hunters #Ears #Grows

• Shane - "Tell you what: you can be Glammera the vampire hunter. I'll stick with being manly and heavily armed.
    -- Rachel Caine

#Vampire #Sticks #Hunters

• Hunter and I never got proper journalistic accreditation to go anywhere. Nobody was giving us passes to go in here or there. We always had to somehow talk our way in.
    -- Ralph Steadman

#Giving #Way #Hunters

• I see the reports of Anson Hunter's death have been greatly exaggerated... and I trust so are his war stories.
    -- Richard Finney

#War #Stories #Hunters

• The hunter died when he achieved supremacy. Perhaps the death of the hunter will be the long monument to interglacial man. We denied a future to our sucessor beings.
    -- Robert Ardrey

#Men #Long #Hunters

• I am an underwater explorer, not a treasure hunter.
    -- Robert Ballard

#Treasure #Underwater #Hunters

• Childhood is not dead. Children were worse off when we were hunter-gatherers; they were threatened in medieval times and exploited during the Industrial Revolution. Was it any better in the time of Charles Kingsley or Charles Dickens?
    -- Robert Winston

#Children #Childhood #Hunters

• The woods were made for the hunter of dreams
    -- Sam Walter Foss

#Dream #Woods #Hunters

• I will remain what I am until I die, a hunter, and when there are no buffalo or other game I will send my children to hunt and live on prairie mice, for where an Indian is shut up in one place his body becomes weak.
    -- Sitting Bull

#Children #Games #Hunters

• A hunter in love with his prey.
    -- Sophie Jordan

#Hunters #Prey

• It is thought that the changeover from hunter to farmer was a slow, gradual process.
    -- Stephen Gardiner

#Hunters #Process #Farmers

• Nature taking its course - hunter and prey, the endless circle of life and death.
    -- Stephenie Meyer

#Circles #Life And Death #Hunters

• Every cent we earn from Crocodile Hunter goes straight back into conservation. Every single cent.
    -- Steve Irwin

#Hunters #Conservation #Crocodiles

• Sorry excuses for hunters and friends. Both of us.
    -- Suzanne Collins

#Sorry #Hunters #Excuse

• A mere index hunter, who held the eel of science by the tail.
    -- Tobias Smollett

#Science #Eels #Hunters

• Hey, get a nice shot of the brand-new Mr. and Mrs. Hunter Hearst Helmsley!
    -- Triple H

#Nice #Hunters #Hey

• There's nothing wrong with you..not even the darkest corner of that beautiful soul. ~ Hunter
    -- Vicki Pettersson

#Beautiful #Soul #Hunters

• Happy the hare at morning, for she cannot read The hunter's waking thoughts.
    -- W. H. Auden

#Morning #Waking #Hunters

• ...the curious hunter-up of rare quotations... the young and struggling scribbler...
    -- William Francis Henry King

#Struggle #Hunters #Curious

• Life as Hunter Thompson's mother was no weenie roast.
    -- William McKeen

#Mother #Hunters

• I have a troubled relationship with Hunter S. Thompson, not just because he kicked me out of a bar but also because it's become clear to me that he was not a good person.
    -- Andy Daly

#Troubled Relationship #Hunters #Bars

• I am certain that we do not need quotas for women, especially not in a time when we have a growing shortage of qualified workers. Companies are already asking head hunters to find women for top positions.
    -- Kristina Schroder

#Hunters #Needs #Quota

• Hunter S. Thompson brings a lunatic genius to ordinary events, and I bring an ordinary sensibility to lunatic events.
    -- P. J. O'Rourke

#Events #Ordinary #Hunters

• I started reading Hunter S. Thompson when I was in college.
    -- P. J. O'Rourke

#Reading #College #Hunters

• If the partridge didn't call at the wrong moment, Neither the hunter nor the falcon would know of it. It follows from this point also, That everyone's voice betrays him.
    -- Rahman Baba

#Voice #Hunters #Moments

• My grandmother would croon over every scrap of meat on a sparerib like a medieval relic hunter musing on the knucklebone of a saint.
    -- Rose Quiello

#Grandmother #Meat #Hunters

• Not everyone agrees the bears should be protected. Hunters, oil interests, even the state of Alaska has questions about the effects protection would have on oil and gas exploration and commercial shipping. But for many others, the bears are a symbol of a bigger crisis threatening the planet.
    -- Sam Champion

#Alaska #Oil #Hunters

• Witch hunters is white women’s worry.
    -- Marie Laveau

#White #Worry #Hunters

• Beyond Bookchin”, David Watson, of Fifth Estate, argues that aboriginal society represents a viable Utopia. He quotes favourably the anthropologist Marshall Sahlins; “We are inclined to think of hunters and gatherers as poor because they don’t have anything, perhaps better to think of them for that reason as free.
    -- Marshall Sahlins

#Thinking #Hunters #Arguing

• The little boy in me always wanted to be a treasure hunter.
    -- Matt Barr

#Boys #Hunters #Treasure

• I wouldn't be a very good hunter without these glasses. I'm not a very good hunter with these glasses, but I'd be even worse without them, so that would put a crimp in how many kids I could have, so all of these medical advances have at least in some parts of the world blunted natural selection.
    -- Carl Zimmer

#Kids #Glasses #Hunters

• It’s paradoxical that the death of your quarry is besides the point and at the same time the whole point. A chase without a kill as its object is like a journey without a destination; a kill without a chase employing all the hunter’s craft is killing, not hunting.
    -- Philip Caputo

#Journey #Hunting #Hunters

• I was one of the first of the uglies. Rock Hudson and Tab Hunter... were very pretty fellows, and that was the trend. I was one of the first of the uglies to get lucky.
    -- Rod Taylor

#Rocks #Hunters #Lucky