Bankers quotes

• The end goal is to get everybody chipped, to control the whole society, to have the bankers and the elite people control the world.
    -- Aaron Russo

#People #Goal #Bankers

• The last duty of a central banker is to tell the public the truth.
    -- Alan Blinder

#Bankers #Lasts #Duty

• The printing presses of the state treasuries cranked out reams of paper currency- showing wise kinds and blissful martyrs- while bankers wept and peasants starved.
    -- Alan Furst

#Wise #Bankers #Paper

• It's a different kind of economic recovery. The kind where bankers steal trillions and you don't have a job.
    -- Alex Jones

#Jobs #Recovery #Bankers

• Poets are mysterious, but a poet when all is said is not much more mysterious than a banker.
    -- Allen Tate

#Poetry #Bankers #Mysterious

• It's a topsy-turvy world in which a country can import the same amount of ice-cream, toilet paper and other goods to trading partners as it exports, and where top bankers are paid millions for destroying economic value, while hospital cleaners create value many times their pay
    -- Andrew Simms

#Country #Ice Cream #Bankers

• What the Spanish War began the World War accomplished: America became the world's banker and ceased to be the world's pioneer!
    -- Anna Louise Strong

#War #America #Bankers

• When I became CEO of Xerox 10 years ago, the company's situation was dire. Debt was mounting, the stock sinking and bankers were calling. People urged me to declare bankruptcy, but I felt personally responsible for tens of thousands of employees.
    -- Anne M. Mulcahy

#Years #People #Bankers

• Bankers cannot afford to be concerned with only the economic aspects of projects. There may be serious implications on the natural environment, the urban environment, on human culture.
    -- Arthur Erickson

#Bankers #Culture #May

• I do what I do, and write what I write, without calculating what is worth what and so on. Fortunately, I am not a banker or an accountant. I feel that there is a time when a political statement needs to be made and I make it.
    -- Arundhati Roy

#Writing #Political #Bankers

• The economic repercussions of a stock market crash depend less on the severity of the crash itself than on the response of economic policymakers, particularly central bankers.
    -- Ben Bernanke

#Bankers #Economics #Crash

• The benefit of appointing a hawkish central banker is the increased inflation-fighting credibility that such an appointment brings.
    -- Ben Bernanke

#Fighting #Bankers #Benefits

• It is easier to rob by setting up a bank than by holding up a bank clerk.
    -- Bertolt Brecht

#Fog #Clerks #Bankers

• Printing up extra money - with no backing - used to be the sort of thing only counterfeiters did. Now it is done by the central bankers and Treasury Secretaries themselves. They don't apologize for it. They don't hang their heads and contemplate blowing their brains out. Instead, they're proud of it... announcing that they 'saved civilization,' or some such claptrap.
    -- Bill Bonner

#Civilization #Brain #Bankers

• Why is it possible to rescue S&L buccaneers in the early '90s and provide guidance to levered Wall Street investment bankers during the 1998 long-term capital management crisis, yet throw 2 million homeowners to the wolves in 2007?
    -- Bill Gross

#Wall #Long #Bankers

• In addition to their power over government based on government financing and personal influence, bankers could steer governments in ways they wished them to go by other pressures.
    -- Carroll Quigley

#Government #Bankers #Way

• There are only seven movie stars in the world whose name alone will induce American bankers to lend money for movie productions, and the only woman on the list is Ingrid Bergman.
    -- Cary Grant

#Stars #Names #Bankers

• Research suggests that investment bankers are more prone to commit fraud when they feel the competitor at their heels.
    -- Charles Duhigg

#Bankers #Research #Investment

• Bankers regard research as most dangerous a thing that makes banking hazardous due to the rapid changes it brings about in industry.
    -- Charles Kettering

#Bankers #Banking #Research

• I do not think you can trust bankers to control themselves. They are like ***** addicts.
    -- Charlie Munger

#Thinking #Bankers #Heroin

• Every dollar that is printed should not represent a debt to private bankers. It should represent an investment potential in the common good, in the common needs of our country.
    -- Cynthia McKinney

#Country #Bankers #Dollars

• Bankers, nepotists, contracts and talkies: on four fingers one may count the leeches which have sucked a young and vigorous industry into paresis.
    -- Dalton Trumbo

#Bankers #Leeches #Four

• The modern suburb is the product of the car, the five-day week, and the "bankers' hours" of the masses.
    -- David Riesman

#Car #Bankers #Week

• How to get rich ... whenever I meet people, that's usually what they want to know from me. You ask a banker how he makes bread. You ask a billionaire how he makes money.
    -- Donald Trump

#People #Bankers #Want

• The turn of the century was the age of the banker, so much so that the leading bankers of the day had become legendary figures in the public imagination-vast, overshadowing behemoths whose colossal power seemed to reach everywhere.
    -- Doris Kearns Goodwin

#Imagination #Age #Bankers

• People always try to put a title or a symbol on you. If you work in a bank, you are a banker. For me, they see a co-founder of Facebook.
    -- Eduardo Saverin

#People #Trying #Bankers

• I'd be bored to death if I spent all my time with other businesspeople, bankers and lawyers.
    -- Eli Broad

#Bored #Bankers #Lawyer

• Argentina is a marvelous place. Argentines are great bankers of information. They import information; if someone sneezes in Milan or in New York, they clean their faces very fast there.
    -- Emilio Ambasz

#New York #Bankers #Argentina

• As an investment banker, I'm in the cross-flow of information and the changes that are taking place in capital markets.
    -- Euvin Naidoo

#Bankers #Information #Flow

• We are Americans. We - we - we are - we are doctors. We are investment bankers. We are taxi drivers. We are store keepers. We are lawyers. We are - we are part of the fabric of America. And the way that America today treats its Muslims is being watched by over a billion Muslims worldwide.
    -- Feisal Abdul Rauf

#Doctors #America #Bankers

• Is there anyone I wouldn't take as a client? Well, I'd never represent a banker.
    -- Gerry Spence

#Bankers #Clients #Wells

• When bankers get into business they usually destroy it.
    -- Henry Ford

#Bankers

• A banker is a person who is willing to make you a loan if you present sufficient evidence to show you don't need it.
    -- Herbert V. Prochnow

#Business #Bankers #Needs

• When investors, particularly investment bankers, talk about splitting up companies, there's a lot of discussion about multiple expansion, and the reality is multiple expansion is an outcome, not a strategy.
    -- Irene Rosenfeld

#Reality #Bankers #Expansion

• Thus, our national circulating medium is now at the mercy of loan transactions of banks, which lend, not money, but promises to supply money they do not possess
    -- Irving Fisher

#Promise #Bankers #Banking

• Because bankers measure their self-worth in money, and pay themselves a lot of it, they think they're fine fellows and don't need to explain themselves.
    -- James Buchan

#Self Worth #Thinking #Bankers

• I am not embarrassed to be a banker. I am not embarrassed to be in business.
    -- Jamie Dimon

#Bankers #Embarrassed

• Everyone needs a small-town banker. Especially in a big town.
    -- Jane Bryant Quinn

#Money #Bankers #Needs

• Bats have no bankers and they do not drink and cannot be arrested and pay no tax and, in general, bats have it made.
    -- John Berryman

#Bankers #Bats #Pay

• I think bankers will always get away with whatever they can get away with.
    -- John le Carre

#Thinking #Bankers #Get Away

• Bankers - pillars of society who are going to hell if there is a God and He has been accurately quoted.
    -- John Ralston Saul

#If There Is A God #Political #Bankers

• I've never particularly liked bankers.
    -- Jonathan Safran Foer

#Bankers

• The banker, therefore, is not so much primarily a middleman in the commodity "purchasing power" as a producer of this commodity. However, since all reserve funds and savings today usually flow to him, and the total demand for free purchasing power, whether existing or to be created, concentrates on him, he has either replaced private capitalists or become their agent; he has himself become the capitalist par excellence.
    -- Joseph A. Schumpeter

#Excellence #Flow #Bankers

• But if you want to continue to be slaves of the banks and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let bankers continue to create money and control credit.
    -- Josiah Stamp

#Pay #Bankers #Cost

• It is bizarre that some people can't understand how a serious poet could work at a finance firm. Goethe was a bureaucrat. Eliot worked as a banker.
    -- Katy Lederer

#People #Bankers #Serious

• Shopkeepers are not bankers.
    -- Laurent Fabius

#Bankers #Shopkeepers

• Why was it that when noughts committed criminal acts, the fact that they were noughts was always pointed out? The banker was a Cross. The newsreader didn't even mention it.
    -- Malorie Blackman

#Bankers #Criminals #Facts

• Bankers are just like anybody else, only richer
    -- Ogden Nash

#Bankers #Funny Money

• A banker warned the British poet Robert Graves that one could not grow rich writing poetry. He replied that if there was no money in poetry, there was certainly no poetry in money, and so it was all even.
    -- Robert Graves

#Writing #Bankers #Rich

• In the subprime mortgage industry, bankers handed out iffy loans like candy at a parade because such loans meant revenue and, hence, bonuses for executives in the here-and-now.
    -- Thomas Frank

#Bonus #Bankers #Mortgage

• Most business schools are geared toward churning out investment bankers and management consultants.
    -- Vivek Wadhwa

#School #Bankers #Management

• Having worked at four separate Wall Street firms, having seen a variety of talent at those places, and having competed against Goldman as a banker, one thing you have to be struck by is the power of their recruiting.
    -- William D. Cohan

#Wall #Four #Bankers

• If you are afraid to fail, then you should go and become a banker.
    -- Yossi Vardi

#Bankers #Failing #Should

• All of this talk of recession offends me. I am delighted that bankers have less money.
    -- Chris O'Dowd

#Bankers #Recessions #Delighted

• I was interested in this relationship between the armed robber and the banker who were from different worlds but had similar goals. It was kind of a metaphor for this larger marriage of the banks selling off their debt and these street guys scrapping over it.
    -- Jake Halpern

#Goal #Guy #Bankers

• Why even live? If that's your goal, if you're just clamoring your way to the top, I mean, why even have a life? Somebody was telling me the other day about the lives of investment bankers who work ninety hours a week and how it affects their patterns of consumption.
    -- Larkin Grimm

#Mean #Goal #Bankers

• I guess I am nostalgic for a time - the nineteenth century and early twentieth - when writers were, to use Stefan Collini's phrase, "public moralists" and politicians, plutocrats, bankers, arms dealers, and experts and technocrats were not solely defining the moral norms as well as the political lives of our societies. We do have some writers claiming to be public moralists, but, as I said, they have actually been more jingoistic than even the henchmen of Bush and Blair.
    -- Pankaj Mishra

#Political #Bankers #Experts

• The longing for a very garish kind of success seems as widespread among writers as among investment bankers.
    -- Pankaj Mishra

#Bankers #Kind #Longing

• I'm always an agent or a lawyer or a doctor or a banker. I'm always wearing a tie.
    -- Peter Jacobson

#Doctors #Ties #Bankers

• I'd rather be robbed by an armed highway man than the politicians and their bankers. A highway man gets away from you as fast as he can and lets you alone. The politician robs you and stands there and insists he did it for your own good.
    -- Raymond C. Hoiles

#Men #Bankers #Politician

• Risk managers and investment bankers and actually, all kinds of investors took on more risk than they expected. So there was a failure of risk management. There was a failure to recognize how much risk there was in some of these securities that people bought.
    -- Robert F. Engle

#People #Risk #Bankers

• Someone has to borrow every dollar we have in circulation, cash or credit.
    -- Robert W. Hemphill

#Money #Commercial Banks #Bankers

• If all the bank loans were paid, no one could have a bank deposit, and there would not be a dollar of coin or currency in circulation. This is a staggering thought. We are completely dependent on the commercial banks. Someone has to borrow every dollar we have in circulation, cash, or credit. If the banks create ample synthetic money we are prosperous; if not, we starve. We are absolutely without a permanent money system. When one gets a complete grasp of the picture, the tragic absurdity of our hopeless situation is almost incredible - but there it is.
    -- Robert W. Hemphill

#Commercial Banks #Bankers #Dollars

• Greedy bankers trashing the economy are to blame, not migrants.
    -- Sadiq Khan

#Migrants #Bankers #Blame

• The unforgivable sin of Hitler's Germany was to develop a new economic system by which the international bankers were deprived of their profits.
    -- Unknown

#Unforgivable Sin #Bankers #Germany

• The senior bankers have obviously decided that it is in their financial interest to repeatedly violate the law.
    -- William K. Black

#Senior #Law #Bankers

• It has been the bankers' destiny ... to find themselves on the dangerous edge of the world, pointing up the contradictions and cross-purposes. They are not often loved for it.
    -- Anthony Sampson

#Destiny #Bankers #Purpose

• No one ever felt sorry for a banker.
    -- Dominic Lawson

#Sorry #Bankers #Felt

• My father said you can't make a living in birds, my relatives all went into business: bankers, stockbrokers. However, they eventually lost it all and died in wheelchairs. Sometimes you have to be a little aberrant.
    -- Roger Tory Peterson

#Father #Bird #Bankers

• What does it feel like to represent a newspaper that used to support Adolf Hitler? And supports the banker Kabbalists that are ruining the world? Did you vote Tory?
    -- Ian Brown

#Support #Bankers #Doe

• Derivatives serve practically no purpose except to enrich bankers through opaque pricing and to deceive investors through off-the-balance-sheet accounting.
    -- James Rickards

#Balance #Bankers #Purpose

• Every sensible banker understands that Greece should not have received any more money: a bankrupt state that can never be expected to repay loans is not a good debtor.
    -- Yanis Varoufakis

#Bankers #Debtors #Loan

• We all have banker problems. We all have issues.
    -- Karolyn Grimes

#Issues #Bankers #Problem