Spinning quotes

• After all, spinning is its own reward. There wouldn't be carousels if it weren't so.
    -- Adam Gopnik

#Rewards #Spinning #Carousels

• My advice is keep your lips away from the spinning things.
    -- Adam Savage

#Advice #Spinning #Lips

• The signs that the world is spinning out of kilter are increasingly difficult to misinterpret. The question is how to convince enough people to join a critical mass of urgent opinion, in the U.S. and the rest of the world.
    -- Al Gore

#People #World #Spinning

• No spinning," I said. I wasn't sure my head or heart could take it. Up close, he was so warm, and so beautiful. I was already dizzy enough.
    -- Alexandra Bracken

#Beautiful #Heart #Spinning

• Someone with a figure like Jennifer Aniston has a trainer, a cook spinning out some version of the latest diet, and probably a stop at the tanning salon.
    -- Amanda Peet

#Spinning #Tanning #Figures

• I enjoy multi-tasking, so I want to do a lot of different things. I want to keep all the plates spinning.
    -- Annie Lennox

#Different #Want #Spinning

• Joyfully celebrating the killing of a killer who joyfully celebrated killing carries an irony that I hope will not be lost on us. Are we learning anything, or simply spinning harder in the cycle of violence?
    -- Brian D. McLaren

#Killers #Spinning #Violence

• It is only comparatively primitive machinery that affords a stimulus, and there is already a faint period touch about Pacific 231 and Le Pas d'Acier. One feels...that Prokofieff should have written ballets about the spinning jenny and the Luddite riots; that Honegger should have been there to celebrate the opening of the Stockton and Darlington Railway and the death of Huskisson with a "Symphonie Triomphale et Funèbre".
    -- Constant Lambert

#Fun #Spinning #Jenny

• In spinning a robe of your own righteousness, before the sun goes down you will find it all unraveled.
    -- Curtis Hutson

#Spinning #Sun #Righteousness

• It's not magic! It's physics. The speed of the turn is what keeps you upright. It's like a spinning top.
    -- Deborah Bull

#Dance #Magic #Spinning

• I feel like a spinning top or a DreidelThe spinning don't stop when you leave the cradleYou just slow downRound and around this world you goSpinning through the lives of the people you knowWe all slow down.
    -- Don McLean

#People #World #Spinning

• I know that spinning sets me in a trance; it soothes me and charges my batteries at the same time. When times are tough I sit down to spin during the news-broadcasts, with therapeutic results.
    -- Elizabeth Zimmermann

#Batteries #News #Spinning

• I walk into a kids' store, and it's amazing, the types of instruments - little squeaky things, rattling things, spinning tops.
    -- Evelyn Glennie

#Kids #Littles #Spinning

• The society that will organize production on the basis of a free and equal association of the producers will put the whole machinery of the state where it will then belong: into the museum of antiquities, by the side of the spinning wheel and the bronze axe.
    -- Friedrich Engels

#Museums #Spinning #Wheels

• •"for her, life was as cold as an attic with a window looking to the north, and ennui, like a spider, was silently spinning its shadowy web in every cranny of her heart.
    -- Gustave Flaubert

#Heart #Spinning #Spiders

• All my life's a circle; But I can't tell you why; Season's spinning round again; The years keep rollin' by.
    -- Harry Chapin

#Years #Circles #Spinning

• The moon is at her crystal window / Spinning and weaving ...
    -- Hilda Conkling

#Moon #Weaving #Spinning

• Who’s to say what’s impossible? Well they forgot this world keeps spinning. And with each new day, I can feel a change in everything.
    -- Jack Johnson

#New Day #World #Spinning

• I feel like the world stopped. And I got off...and then it started spinning again, but too fast for me to hop back on. I feel like I'm still trying to get a...to get some kind of foothold on living
    -- Jacqueline Woodson

#Trying #World #Spinning

• Drug addicts are so funny that way. Just spinning around, lost in their own little world. Doing so much, accomplishing so little. How sad.
    -- James St. James

#Drug #Spinning #World

• Einstein said that he never could understand it all, the planets spinning in space, the smile upon your face.
    -- James Taylor

#Space #Spinning #Faces

• My tides were fluctuating, too - back and forth, back and forth - sometimes so fast they seemed to be spinning. They call this 'rapid cycling.' It's a marvel that a person can appear to be standing still when the mood tides are sloshing back and forth, sometimes sweeping in both directions at once. They call that a 'mixed state.'
    -- Jane Pauley

#Cycling #Spinning #Tides

• The sensation of writing a book is the sensation of spinning, blinded by love and daring. It is the sensation of rearing and peering from the bent tip of a grass blade, looking for a route.
    -- Janet Burroway

#Book #Writing #Spinning

• Each one of us is a set of shifting molecules, spinning in ecstasy,
    -- Jim Jarmusch

#Molecules #Spinning #Shifting

• Abruptness is an eloquence in parting, when spinning out the time is but the weaving of new sorrow.
    -- John Suckling

#Sorrow #Weaving #Spinning

• The wheels are spinning in my head all the time.
    -- Justin Berfield

#Spinning #Wheels

• I still hear the world spinning.
    -- Kamila Shamsie

#World #Spinning #Stills

• Sometimes it can feel like the whole globe is spinning with irredeemable losses, capricious natural disasters and crimes so outrageously evil they dismantle any attempt to solve or explain them.
    -- Karen Russell

#Loss #Evil #Spinning

• To be a rebel is not to be a revolutionary. It is more often by a way of spinning one's wheels deeper in sand.
    -- Kate Millett

#Way #Spinning #Wheels

• Just a threat of a boycott has got the Russians spinning.
    -- Keith Olbermann

#Gay #Spinning #Threat

• I have vertigo. Vertigo makes it feel like the floor is pitching up and down. Things seem to be spinning. It's like standing on the deck of a ship in really high seas.
    -- Laura Hillenbrand

#Sea #Spinning #Pitching

• I so wanted out of this conversation, but it was like a car accident: Once you started spinning, you could only wait and see what you hit.
    -- Laurell K. Hamilton

#Car #Waiting #Spinning

• There were tiny stars behind my eyelids, a whole galaxy of tiny, spinning stars.
    -- Lucy Christopher

#Stars #Spinning #Tiny

• I try to visualize geometric shapes and patterns slowly spinning and expanding into infinity.
    -- Martina McBride

#Trying #Patterns #Spinning

• It's a purging of sorts. Like, when you're all done doing your laundry and it's fresh and bright, but washing the clothes, you wouldn't want to get in while it's spinning around.
    -- Maynard James Keenan

#Clothes #Want #Spinning

• I realized early on, maybe better than some of my competitors did, that a textile business can run only if you have scale. I decided to horizontally and vertically integrate, adding everything from spinning, dyeing, weaving, and stitching to processing and packing.
    -- Mian Muhammad Mansha

#Running #Weaving #Spinning

• I'm from the Midwest, and guys like me don't go on diets. We don't do well on spinning classes.
    -- Michael Moore

#Class #Guy #Spinning

• There is something about spending Christmas alone, naked, sitting by the Christmas tree gripping a shotgun, that lets you know your life is spinning dangerously outta control.
    -- Nikki Sixx

#Tree #Sitting #Spinning

• In my better sense of mind, I know that Im far from alone and far from the worst, and the earth keeps spinning. Everything keeps moving, with or without me.
    -- Phil Anselmo

#Moving #Mind #Spinning

• A billion stars go spinning through the night, / glittering above your head, / But in you is the presence that will be / when all the stars are dead.
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke

#Stars #Night #Spinning

• If Casey Stengel were alive today, he'd be spinning in his grave.
    -- Ralph Kiner

#Today #Spinning #Alive

• I tried spinning around in a chair to impress a girl.
    -- Ray Toro

#Girl #Spinning #Chairs

• Boo, Forever Spinning like a ghost on the bottom of a top, I'm haunted by all the space that I will live without you.
    -- Richard Brautigan

#Space #Forever #Spinning

• Love is a condition where the world seems to be standing still, and it's you who are spinning on your axis.
    -- Robert Breault

#Love #Axes #Spinning

• I try to get in one, one-hour spinning class per week.
    -- Robert Herjavec

#Class #Trying #Spinning

• Look at these worlds spinning out of nothingness. That is within your power.
    -- Rumi

#Power #World #Spinning

• I hang by a thread, but it is (if I may so speak) of Christ's spinning
    -- Samuel Rutherford

#May #Spinning #Speak

• [Operation] Rockingham was spinning reports and emphasizing reports that showed non-compliance (by Iraq with UN inspections) and quashing those which showed compliance. It was cherry-picking intelligence.
    -- Scott Ritter

#Iraq #Spinning #Operations

• Death cannot be struggled against, brother. It ever arrives, defiant of every hiding place, of every frantic attempt to escape. Death is every mortal's shadow, his true shadow, and time is its servant, spinning that shadow slowly round, until what stretched before one now stretched before him.
    -- Steven Erikson

#Brother #Shadow #Spinning

• It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.
    -- Sue Monk Kidd

#World #Matter #Spinning

• It's very rare that I ever go and research a particular subject. Mostly I do serendipitous research, I read stuff, things spinning out of the page.
    -- Terry Pratchett

#Stuff #Spinning #Research

• It was then that the ecstasy and the dream began, in which emotion was the matter of the universe, and matter but an adventitious intrusion likely to hinder you from spinning where you wanted to spin.
    -- Thomas Hardy

#Dream #Matter #Spinning

• I always imagined myself somehow as an electron around some atom, and you're just, like, bouncing around and spinning. There was a never-ending supply of places to go, people to see, things to do, and fitting it all in became kind of an art.
    -- Tom Freston

#Art #People #Spinning

• Joy is big. Joy lives in your own drunken electrons, billions of them, spinning and dancing without end in their own intimate Universe, longing for You.
    -- Judith Hanson Lasater

#Dancing #Joy #Spinning

• My music is like a spinning ball. It can turn in one direction, and then it comes back to origins.
    -- Youssou N'Dour

#One Direction #Balls #Spinning

• Make me, o lord, thy spinning wheel complete, thy holy word thy distaff make for me.
    -- Edward Taylor

#Spinning #Wheels #Lord