September 11 quotes

• Only Allah changes the regime.
    -- Abdul Salam Zaeef

#September 11 #September #Regimes

• Yeah, September 11 happened and all my friends were like, 'Let's join the military!' and I was the only one who actually did.
    -- Adam Driver

#Military #September 11 #September

• No, we did not do this, and we are not with you.
    -- Ali Khamenei

#September 11 #September

• The September 11, 2001, attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon prompted a fundamental shift in the American government's approach to Islamic terrorism.
    -- Amy Waldman

#Islamic #Government #September 11

• Ellen Barkin, your upcoming TV show ‘The New Normal’ premiers on September 11th. September 11th, that sounds about right. Every clip I’ve seen feels like I’m watching a third tower collapse.
    -- Anthony Jeselnik

#Tv Shows #September 11 #Normal

• What do I tell the pilots to do?
    -- Barbara Olson

#September 11 #Pilots #September

• While it may be true that the UAE has been an ally since the September 11, 2001, attacks, the American people know it has also harbored and aided some of the al Qaeda agents who were involved in that attack.
    -- Bart Gordon

#People #September 11 #Allies

• September 11 impressed upon us that life is a precious gift. Every life has a purpose. And I think we all have a duty to devote at least a small portion of our daily lives to ensuring that neither America nor the world ever forgets September 11.
    -- Bill Frist

#Thinking #America #September 11

• No matter how hard we try words simply cannot express the horror, the shock, and the revulsion we all feel over what took place in this nation on Tuesday morning. September 11 will go down in our history as a day to remember.
    -- Billy Graham

#Morning #Tuesday #September 11

• What happened on September 11 compels us to focus on who we are as Americans, what we stand for, what really matters in our lives - family, friends, faith and freedom.
    -- Bob Taft

#Focus #September 11 #Who We Are

• Whether we knew many who died on September 11 or personally knew none, we all lost something on that day. Innocence. Security. A trust that our homeland would always be safe.
    -- Bob Taft

#September 11 #Safe #Innocence

• The Europeans must finally understand the incredible shock triggered by the attacks of September 11.
    -- Brent Scowcroft

#September 11 #September #Incredibles

• Fox News has learned some United States investigators believe that there are Israelis again very much engaged in spying in and on the United States, who may have known things they didn't tell us before September 11, 2001.
    -- Brit Hume

#Believe #September 11 #United States

• I haven't had that good a time in ages. Since September 11, really. I just felt so happy, it was like the sun came out of the clouds for me. I love Italy.
    -- Bruce Sterling

#Clouds #September 11 #Age

• The terrorist attacks of September 11th and the courageous actions of our armed forces in Afghanistan and Iraq remind us that friends of tyranny and enemies of freedom still exist
    -- Carl Levin

#Iraq #Enemy #September 11

• There were no weapons of mass destruction and Saddam Hussein was not involved in the September 11th attack.
    -- Charles Rangel

#September 11 #Hussein #Weapons

• Legislation passed in the aftermath of September 11, 2001 enhanced our intelligence capabilities and strengthened our national defense, but until now our nation's immigration policies have not adapted to the needs of a post-September 11th world.
    -- Chris Chocola

#September 11 #Immigration #Needs

• The world changed on September 11, 2001.
    -- Christopher Dodd

#September 11 #World #Changed

• Certainly, the murder of civilians for political statement did not just begin on September 11, 2001.
    -- Cliff Stearns

#Political #September 11 #Murder

• On September 11, the murders of World Trade Center employees and visitors took the lives of numerous nationalities, ethnic groups and religious followers.
    -- Cliff Stearns

#Religious #September 11 #Groups

• So I think, if September 11 taught us anything, it taught us that we're vulnerable, and vulnerable in ways that we didn't fully understand.
    -- Condoleezza Rice

#Thinking #September 11 #Way

• I never got a lot done using a broomstick. You've got to have something that's lethal.
    -- Conrad Burns

#September 11 #Done #September

• One could dismiss the zombie trend as merely feeding a mass public that craves the strange and bizarre. Such an explanation would be only skin-deep. Popular culture often provides a window into the subliminal or unstated fears of citizens, and zombies are no exception. Some cultural commentators argue that the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks are a primary cause for renewed interest in the living dead, and the numbers appear to back up this assertion.
    -- Daniel Drezner

#Numbers #Zombie #September 11

• What separates us from the animals, what separates us from the chaos, is our ability to mourn people we’ve never met.
    -- David Levithan

#Animal #People #September 11

• For me and my family personally, September 11 was a reminder that life is fleeting, impermanent, and uncertain. Therefore, we must make use of every moment and nurture it with affection, tenderness, beauty, creativity, and laughter.
    -- Deepak Chopra

#Laughter #Creativity #September 11

• We have no intention of ignoring or appeasing history's latest gang of fanatics trying to murder their way to power.
    -- Dick Cheney

#September 11 #Trying #Way

• Imagine, a September 11 with weapons of mass destruction. It's not 3,000. It's tens of thousands of innocent men, women and children.
    -- Donald Rumsfeld

#Children #Men #September 11

• After September 11, when the United States took action to overthrow the Taliban, our interests and Iran's aligned, and we were able to coordinate quietly but effectively.
    -- Earl Blumenauer

#Iran #September 11 #Able

• When you look at where the Democratic field is going relative to foreign policy, they are increasingly moving away from a policy of pre-emptive self-defense that the president has adopted since September 11.
    -- Ed Gillespie

#Moving #Self #September 11

• The wrongful arrest of tens of thousands of British Muslims after the September 11 attacks can be explained by the very poor intelligence the police had, and, just possibly, excused by the fact that a terrorist action in Britain linked to British Muslims would have been hugely damaging.
    -- Geoff Mulgan

#Police #September 11 #Facts

• I think what has happened, actually, is that September 11 has given a spur, a renewed urgency, to dialogue between the great faiths.
    -- George Carey

#Thinking #September 11 #Spurs

• After September 11th, nations from across the globe offered their generous assistance to the people of New York. And whenever our friends around the world need our assistance, New York is there.
    -- George Pataki

#New York #People #September 11

• An attack on one is an attack on all.
    -- George Robertson, Baron Robertson of Port Ellen

#September 11 #September

• The whole international community will be united in condemning what they have done.
    -- George Robertson, Baron Robertson of Port Ellen

#Community #September 11 #Done

• War has been waged against us by stealth and deceit and murder. This nation is peaceful, but fierce when stirred to anger. This conflict was begun on the timing and terms of others. It will end in a way, and at an hour, of our choosing.
    -- George W. Bush

#War #Peaceful #September 11

• These acts of mass murder were intended to frighten our nation into chaos and retreat.But they have failed; our country is strong.
    -- George W. Bush

#Country #Strong #September 11

• In time, perhaps, we will mark the memory of September 11th in stone and metal, something we can show children, as yet unborn, to help them understand what happened on this minute and on this day. But for those of us who lived through these events, the only marker we’ll ever need is the tick of a clock at the 46th minute of the eighth hour of the 11th day.
    -- George W. Bush

#Children #Memories #September 11

• Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward, and freedom will be defended.
    -- George W. Bush

#Morning #September 11 #Coward

• ... for those of us who lived through these events, the only marker we'll ever need is the tick of a clock at the 46th minute of the eighth hour of the 11th day.
    -- George W. Bush

#September 11 #Events #Needs

• September 11, 2001, revealed heroism in ordinary people who might have gone through their lives never called upon to demonstrate the extent of their courage.
    -- Geraldine Brooks

#People #September 11 #Heroism

• Together with the rise of the internet, September 11 and its aftermath has changed most of our lives.
    -- Hedi Slimane

#September 11 #Together #Aftermath

• I am about to die. It is September 11, and every cell in my body is acutely aware of my looming demise. The certainty of it. The inevitability. Not years from now, not weeks nor days. Moments.
    -- Hugh Howey

#Cells #Years #September 11

• France is deeply upset to learn of the monstrous attacks that have just struck the United States.... In these terrible circumstances, all French people stand by the American people. We express our friendship and solidarity in this tragedy.
    -- Jacques Chirac

#People #Upset #September 11

• We emerged from the events of September 11 more steadfast in our beliefs, more courageous in our actions and more determined to protect our values than ever before.
    -- Jane D. Hull

#September 11 #Our Actions #Events

• It is impossible to fully comprehend the evil that would have conjured up such a cowardly and depraved assault upon thousands of innocent people.
    -- Jean Chretien

#People #Evil #September 11

• We're going to rush the hijackers.
    -- Jeremy Glick

#September 11 #September

• This is Huntress placing Panta four-five, four-six on battle stations, I repeat battle stations, time one-two-four-one. Authenticate hotel romeo, all parties acknowledge with initials.
    -- Jeremy Powell

#Party #Two #September 11

• The whole world has changed after September 11th.
    -- Jerry Bruckheimer

#September 11 #World #Changed

• Since its enactment in the weeks following the September 11 terrorist attacks, the tools in the Patriot Act have been used by law enforcement to stop more than 400 terrorist threats to our families and communities.
    -- Jim Gerlach

#Law #Community #September 11

• After the horrific attacks of September 11th, it was evident that our Government needed to be transformed to meet the new challenges of this dangerous world.
    -- Jim Ryun

#Government #Challenges #September 11

• Since September 11th, federal terrorism investigations have resulted in charges against more than 400 suspects, and more than half of them have been convicted.
    -- Jim Sensenbrenner

#September 11 #Half #Terrorism

• Since the September 11 attacks, nearly 400 individuals have been arrested by the Justice Department as a result of ongoing investigations into international terrorism. Of that total, over half were convicted as a result of their actions.
    -- Jo Bonner

#Justice #September 11 #Ongoing

• Whether or not Saddam is implicated directly in the anthrax attacks or the horrors of September 11, he is, by any common definition, a terrorist who must be removed.
    -- Joe Lieberman

#September 11 #Definitions #Common

• Prior to September 11, we thought the world beyond our shores was one world of risk and the world in our continent was another world of risk
    -- John Ashcroft

#Risk #September 11 #World

• What we learned on September 11 is that the unthinkable is now thinkable in the world
    -- John Ashcroft

#September 11 #World #Unthinkable

• Remember the hours after Sept. 11 when we came together as one...It was the worst day we have ever seen, but it brought out the best in all of us.
    -- John F. Kerry

#September 11 #Together #Remember

• The attacks of September 11 - and subsequent acts of terror from London to Madrid to Fort Hood, Texas - embody the most repulsive of human instincts, the will to power at the price of the lives of others.
    -- Jon Meacham

#Texas #September 11 #London

• This outrageous and vicious act of violence against the United States is unforgivable.
    -- Junichiro Koizumi

#September 11 #Violence #United States

• The scenarios of biological or chemical warfare painted in detail by the American media during the months after September 11 only betray the inability of the government to determine the magnitude of the danger.
    -- Jurgen Habermas

#Government #Media #September 11

• I cannot imagine a context that would some day, in some manner, make the monstrous crime of September 11 an understandable or comprehensible political act
    -- Jurgen Habermas

#Political #September 11 #Imagine

• Perhaps at a later point important developments will be traced back to September 11. But for now we do not know which of the many scenarios will actually hold in the future.
    -- Jurgen Habermas

#September 11 #Important #Development

• If the September 11 terror attack is supposed to constitute a caesura in world history, it must be able to stand comparison to other events of world historical impact.
    -- Jurgen Habermas

#Impact #Historical #September 11

• After September 11, the European governments have completely failed. They are incapable of seeing beyond their own national scope of interests.
    -- Jurgen Habermas

#Government #September 11 #Scope

• The September 11 attacks were the greatest work of art in the cosmos...compared to that, we composers are nothing
    -- Karlheinz Stockhausen

#Art #September 11 #Cosmos

• Since September 11, 2001, the powerful coalition of nations, led by the United States, has seen many successes against al-Qaeda and other terrorist groups. It is imperative that we remain united and steadfast in the quest to defeat terrorism around the world.
    -- Kenny Marchant

#Powerful #September 11 #World

• We're young men; we're not ready to die.
    -- Kevin Cosgrove

#Men #September 11 #Young

• There can be no doubt that these attacks are deliberate acts of terrorism, carefully planned and coordinated and as such I condemn them utterly. Terrorism must be fought resolutely wherever it appears.
    -- Kofi Annan

#September 11 #Doubt #September

• September 11 is one of our worst days but it brought out the best in us. It unified us as a country and showed our charitable instincts and reminded us of what we stood for and stand for.
    -- Lamar Alexander

#Country #Powerful #September 11

• I am one of the 11.5% of New Yorkers who remain traumatized by the events of September 11.
    -- Lanford Wilson

#September 11 #Events #September

• As the third anniversary of the September 11th attacks draws near we must ensure our nation is prepared to handle the continued threat of violence and terrorism on our country.
    -- Leonard Boswell

#Country #September 11 #Violence

• There was a golden retriever who saved countless lives on September 11 by going back in to find people. His companion was in a wheelchair. He got him out and kept going back in to save others.
    -- Linda Blair

#People #September 11 #Golden Retrievers

• The U.S. has already suffered a devastating attack on September 11, 2001, and may again become a target.
    -- Linda Chavez

#September 11 #Target #May

• The country was not focused on terrorism before September 11th.
    -- Louis J. Freeh

#Country #September 11 #Terrorism

• I see water and buildings ... Oh my God! Oh my God.
    -- Madeline Amy Sweeney

#Water #September 11 #September

• There have been a lot of events that have made me really look at the real world, like September 11th. There are so many things that just make you realize that you're not going to live forever and that you have to enjoy every day.
    -- Mae Whitman

#Real #Forever #September 11

• That day, my first day on the job, was September 11, 2001! I was actually being recognized by Switzerland the very day that the World Trade Center was hit.
    -- Mercer Reynolds

#Jobs #September 11 #World

• Five years have come, and five years have gone, and still we stand together as one. We come back to this place to remember the heartbreaking anniversary - and each person who died here - those known and unknown to us, whose absence is always with us.
    -- Michael Bloomberg

#Heart #Years #September 11

• We now have capabilities in science and technology that raise the very realistic possibility that a small group of terrorists could kill not only thousands of people, as they did on September 11th, but hundreds of thousands of people. And that has changed the dimension of the threat we face.
    -- Michael Chertoff

#Technology #People #September 11

• The attacks of September 11, 2001, were spectacular, riveting, grim, costly and searing. The shock that they caused reverberated throughout the world. What happened in New York and Washington and Pennsylvania ended the lives of thousands of people and changed the lives of many more. But they did not change the world.
    -- Michael Mandelbaum

#New York #People #September 11

• We all lived through September 11. I was here at the Capitol that day. I saw the evil of our enemies written in the smoke rising above the Pentagon.
    -- Mike Pence

#Evil #September 11 #Enemy

• Like every American, I will never forget where I was on the morning of September 11, 2001. As a member of Congress from Indiana, that day my duties took me to Capitol Hill and to sights and sounds I will never forget.
    -- Mike Pence

#Morning #Sight #September 11

• Irrespective of the conflict with America it is a human duty to show sympathy with the American people, and be with them at these horrifying and awesome events which are bound to awaken human conscience.
    -- Muammar al-Gaddafi

#America #People #September 11

• The tarot card 'The Tower' seemed a chilling reflection of the events of September 11, 2001.
    -- Neil Peart

#Reflection #September 11 #Tarot

• But through world wars and a Great Depression, through painful social upheaval and a Cold War, and now through the attacks of September 11, 2001, our Nation has indeed survived.
    -- Nick Rahall

#Pain #War #September 11

• Nothing can justify crimes such as those of September 11, but we can think of the United States as an innocent victim only if we adopt the convenient path of ignoring the record of its actions and those of its allies, which are, after all, hardly a secret.
    -- Noam Chomsky

#Thinking #September 11 #Secret

• The shock caused by the September 11 events has also lead to a thorough reflection on the existing disparity between rich and poor countries, on the misery of populations of the South.
    -- Omar Bongo

#Country #Reflection #September 11

• It is important to stress: Africa is also a victim of the September 11 attacks.
    -- Omar Bongo

#Stress #September 11 #Important

• We're going to find out who did this and we're going after the bastards" [referring to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon]
    -- Orrin Hatch

#Fear #September 11 #World

• We're going to find out who did this and we're going after the bastards.
    -- Orrin Hatch

#September 11 #September

• On September 11 last year international terrorism entered a new dimension.
    -- Otto Schily

#Years #September 11 #Lasts

• It was Osama bin Laden and al-Qaeda who attacked the U.S. on September 11, 2001, not Saddam Hussein and Iraq.
    -- Peter DeFazio

#Iraq #September 11 #Hussein

• Commending the victims to almighty God's mercy, I implore his strength upon all involved in rescue efforts and in caring for the survivors.
    -- Pope John Paul II

#Caring #Effort #September 11

• September 11 awoke us to the threat of terrorism. It was forever bookmarked in our history as the day when life as Americans knew it, changed forever.
    -- Randy Forbes

#Forever #September 11 #Terrorism

• I visited the Pentagon a few days after September 11, and I still remember so vividly the smell of terror surrounding the entire building and complex. I was angry that such a brutal act of violence was committed against innocent people.
    -- Randy Forbes

#Smell #People #September 11

• It almost isn't sporting, is it?
    -- Richard Dearlove

#September 11 #September

• If you want to travel on the airline system, you give up your privacy. If you want your privacy, don't fly. Flying is voluntary.
    -- Robert Crandall

#Giving Up #Flying #September 11

• What happened on September 11th is at least, theoretically, small stuff compared to what can happen.
    -- Robert D. Kaplan

#September 11 #Stuff #September

• And so every one of us in the FBI, I don't care if it's a file clerk someplace or an agent there or a computer specialist, understands that our main mission is to protect the public from another September 11, another terrorist attack.
    -- Robert Mueller

#September 11 #Clerks #Agents

• But since September 11, we have made every effort to try to work closely with state and local law enforcement.
    -- Robert Mueller

#Law #Effort #September 11

• The attacks of September 11th were intended to break our spirit. Instead we have emerged stronger and more unified.
    -- Rudy Giuliani

#September 11 #Stronger #Spirit