Hue quotes

• the walk liberating, I was released from forms, from the perpendiculars, straight lines, blocks, boxes, binds of thought into the hues, shadings, rises, flowing bends and blends of sight ...
    -- A. R. Ammons

#Block #Sight #Hue

• I don't have a problem with 'Idol' or 'X Factor,' I have a problem with when those things are not given the proper contextual hue.
    -- Billy Corgan

#Idols #Hue #Problem

• What politicians want and what creative writers want will always be profoundly different, because I'm afraid all politicians, of whatever hue, want propaganda, and writers want the truth, and they're not compatible.
    -- David Hare

#Creative #Different #Hue

• All green was anished sae of pine and yew, That still displayed their melancholy hue; Sae the green holly with its berries red, And the green moss that o'er the grael spread.
    -- George Crabbe

#Hollies #Berries #Hue

• All the rarest hues of human life take radiance and are rainbowed out in tears.
    -- Gerald Massey

#Tears #Hue #Radiance

• Whereas most other modern composers are engaged in manufacturing cocktails of every hue and description, I offer the public pure cold water.
    -- Jean Sibelius

#Water #Hue #Cocktails

• Drawing includes three and a half quarters of the content of painting... Drawing contains everything, except the hue
    -- Jean-Auguste-Dominique Ingres

#Drawing #Three #Hue

• We are like chameleons, we take our hue and the color of our moral character, from those who are around us.
    -- John Locke

#Character #Color #Hue

• Any ground subtracts its own hue from the colors which it carries and therefore influences.
    -- Josef Albers

#Color #Hue #Influence

• Simultaneous contrast is not just a curious optical phenomenon – it is the very heart of painting. Repeated experiments with adjacent colors will show that any ground subtracts its own hue from the colors which it carries and therefore influences.
    -- Josef Albers

#Heart #Color #Hue

• Untested assumptions and lazy habits of thought can be shown up, once put in a spotlight of a different hue.
    -- Julian Baggini

#Lazy #Different #Hue

• pictures made in childhood are painted in bright hues ...
    -- Kate Douglas Wiggin

#Childhood #Hue #Made

• A too closely watched flower/blossoms the wrong color./Excess attention to the jonquil/turns it gentian. Flowers/need it tranquil to get/their hues right. Some/only open at midnight.
    -- Kay Ryan

#Flower #Color #Hue

• I had no name for that particular hue of orange, other than unfortunate.
    -- Rachel Caine

#Names #Orange #Hue

• The hues of the opal, the light of the diamond, are not to be seen if the eye is too near.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

#Eye #Light #Hue

• The light of genius never sets, but sheds itself upon other faces, in different hues of splendor. Homer glows in the softened beauty of Virgil, and Spenser revives in the decorated learning of Gray.
    -- Robert Aris Willmott

#Light #Genius #Hue

• The hues of bliss more brightly glow, Chastis'd by sabler tints of woe.
    -- Thomas Gray

#Woe #Hue #Bliss

• Behind the steps that Misery treads Approaching Comfort view: The hues of bliss more brightly glow Chastised by sabler tints of woe, And blended form, with artful strife, The strength and harmony of life.
    -- Thomas Gray

#Views #Hue #Woe

• It was the rainbow gave thee birth, and left thee all her lovely hues.
    -- W. H. Davies

#Rainbow #Lovely #Hue

• In painting, whether colour reflection is apparent or not, every hue must echo neighbouring hues, so that homogeneity may be attained.
    -- Walter J. Phillips

#Reflection #Echoes #Hue

• The warm green of the grass, sprinkled with flowers of many hues, is a carpet whereon we walk with noiseless tread.
    -- William Wendt

#Flower #Hue #Green

• Laughter tends to mock the pompous and the pretentious; all man's boastful gadding about, all his pretty pomps, his hoary customs, his wornout creeds, changing the glitter of them into the dullest hue of lead.
    -- Sean O'Casey

#Laughter #Men #Hue

• I have, and do sometimes, work with other media. But there is something about the physical activity and the directness of painting that I find fascinating. I am very attracted to the materiality of paintings and the visual phenomena of hue and value.
    -- Stephen Beal

#Media #Hue #Painting

• Don't choose anything that's two tones lighter than your natural lip tone, and make sure there's a little pink in the hue so it doesn't look too washed out.
    -- Charlotte Tilbury

#Two #Looks #Hue

• While rose-buds scarcely show'd their hue, But coyly linger'd on the thorn.
    -- James Montgomery

#Rose #Bud #Hue