Dublin quotes

• Fabulous place, Dublin is. The trouble is, you work hard and in Dublin you play hard as well.
    -- Bonnie Tyler

#Hard Work #Play #Dublin

• Old Dublin City there is no doubtin' Bates every city upon the say. 'Tis there you'd hear O'Connell spoutin' And Lady Morgan making tay. For 'tis the capital of the finest nation, With charmin' pisintry upon a fruitful sod, Fightin' like devils for conciliation, And hatin' each other for the Love of God.
    -- Charles Lever

#Cities #Devil #Dublin

• My Dublin wasn't the Dublin of sing-songs, traditional music, sense of history and place and community.
    -- Colin Farrell

#Song #Community #Dublin

• I saw Damien Rice in Dublin when I was 13, and that inspired me to want to pursue being a songwriter... I practised relentlessly and started recording my own EPs. At 16, I moved to London and played any gigs I could, selling CDs from my rucksack to fund recording the next, and it snowballed from there.
    -- Ed Sheeran

#Cds #Dublin #Want

• But one of the most fantastic things about Ireland and Dublin is that the pubs are like Paris and the cafe culture. And Dublin, in many ways, is a pub culture.
    -- Hugh Dancy

#Paris #Culture #Dublin

• When I die, I want to decompose in a barrel of porter and have it served in all the pubs in Dublin. I wonder would they know it was me?
    -- J. P. Donleavy

#Beer #Dublin #Want

• When I die Dublin will be written on my heart.
    -- James Joyce

#Heart #Dublin #My Heart

• Food in Dublin has gotten immeasurably better than it was. When I was a kid, there weren't a lot of options. Now you're overwhelmed with options.
    -- James Vincent McMorrow

#Kids #Dublin #Overwhelmed

• It's not easy making a living as a writer, and for many years I worked at a Waterstones in Dublin. It was a good environment for an aspiring writer, with lots of events and authors appearing.
    -- John Boyne

#Years #Events #Dublin

• I didn’t say, You are such a stuffy asshole. And he didn’t say, If you ever burn one of my quarter-of-a-million dollar rugs again I’ll take it out of your hide, and I didn’t say, Oh, honey, wouldn’t you like to? And he didn’t say Grow up, Ms. Lane, I don’t take little girls to my bed, and I didn’t say I wouldn’t go there if it was the only safe place from the Lord Master in all of Dublin.
    -- Karen Marie Moning

#Girl #Growing Up #Dublin

• England was never my home. I had a home there but Dublin is my home so leaving Ireland was the hardest thing I had to do.
    -- Kevin Kilbane

#Home #Leaving #Dublin

• by the general love of scandal and detraction in Dublin, one might reasonably imagine they were all to feed themselves through the holes which they had made in the characters of others.
    -- Laetitia Pilkington

#Character #Gossip #Dublin

• I sure love Ireland. The first trip I ever made was last year when I did this record in Dublin.
    -- Michael W. Smith

#Years #Dublin #Lasts

• If Blake said that, said Father Brian, he never lived in Dublin.
    -- Ray Bradbury

#Father #Humorous #Dublin

• I was happy in Dublin because it is very cosmopolitan.
    -- Rick Allen

#Dublin

• Dublin university contains the cream of Ireland: Rich and thick.
    -- Samuel Beckett

#Funny #Hilarious #Dublin

• We in Ireland are gifted beyond most peoples with a talent for acting, and in Dublin especially, while scorning culture, which indeed we have not got, we are possessed of a most futile and diverting cleverness.
    -- Susan Mitchell

#Acting #Dublin #Culture

• My first song was about the smog over Dublin in the 1980s, so yeah, I suppose I was always socially conscious. My first song was not a love song, it was about smog.
    -- Damien Dempsey

#Song #Dublin #Smog

• Dublin was turning into Disneyland with super-pubs, a Purgatory open till five in the morning.
    -- Joseph O'Connor

#Morning #Dublin #Pubs

• It's a big con job. We have sold the myth of Dublin as a sexy place incredibly well; because it is a dreary little dump most of the time.
    -- Roddy Doyle

#Sexy #Jobs #Dublin