Hawks quotes

• Say, will the falcon, stooping from above, Smit with her varying plumage, spare the dove? Admires the jay the insect's gilded wings? Or hears the hawk when Philomela sings?
    -- Alexander Pope

#Wings #Hawks #Dove

• I tried to become a hawk, it didn't work. I think I got -stuck
    -- Alison Croggon

#Thinking #Hawks #Stuck

• They say the first of my kind was Alasdair, a human raised by hawks. She learned the languages of birds and was gifted with their form.
    -- Amelia Atwater-Rhodes

#Bird #Hawks #Firsts

• Fairs are beneath the dignity of art. To stand there in a booth and hawk your wares - it is just not how you sell art.
    -- Arne Glimcher

#Art #Hawks #Dignity

• Every Democrat on Capitol Hill professes to be a fiscal hawk.
    -- Bob Beauprez

#Hawks #Hills #Capitol Hill

• My wife watches me like a hawk.
    -- Carl Icahn

#Wife #Watches #Hawks

• I have a Dominique Wilkins Hawks jersey that I still wear. That's probably my favorite one. What's funny is that I spend all this time collecting jerseys, and now people are out there collecting mine.
    -- Chris Paul

#People #Jersey #Hawks

• Resentments, carried too far, expose us to a fate analogous to that of the fish-hawk, when he strikes his talons too deep into a fish beyond his capacity to lift, and is carried under and drowned by it.
    -- Christian Nestell Bovee

#Fate #Hawks #Resentment

• Either you have the feeling or you don't. Hawk Davies
    -- Daniel Handler

#Feelings #Hawks

• The trombone is not meant for romance... any instrument that hawks up it's own loogie every ten minutes is not meant for wooin' the ladies.
    -- David Crowe

#Romance #Hawks #Minutes

• There are all kinds of smiles. On the football field I mostly used the one where the hawk spots the dove.
    -- Deacon Jones

#Football #Hawks #Fields

• I bleed and breathe Hawks. Even when I played for other teams I felt funny, because I was a Hawk.
    -- Dominique Wilkins

#Team #Hawks #Breathe

• A pine needle fell in the forest. The hawk saw it. The deer heard it. The white bear smelled it
    -- Edith Pattou

#White #Hawks #Deer

• I am a big fan of the old Howard Hawks films from the 30s and 40s, I was a big Hepburn and Tracey fan for a while and Woody Allen films that are a very different kind of romantic comedy.
    -- Edward Burns

#Fans #Different #Hawks

• We have struggled with terrorism for a long time. In the Reagan administration, I was a hawk on the subject. I said terrorism is a big problem, a different problem, and we have to take forceful action against it. Fortunately, Ronald Reagan agreed with me, but not many others did.
    -- George P. Shultz

#Long #Different #Hawks

• But when Warren has spoken on national security, she has invariably spouted warmed-over, banal Democratic hawk tripe of the kind that she just recited about Israel and Gaza. During her Senate campaign, for instance, she issued wildly militaristic - and in some cases clearly false - statements about Iran and its nuclear program that would have been comfortable on the pages of The Weekly Standard.
    -- Glenn Greenwald

#Israel #Iran #Hawks

• The cautious wolf fears the pit, the hawk regards with suspicion the snare laid for her, and the fish the hook in its concealment.
    -- Horace

#Hook #Pits #Hawks

• I had a faux-hawk for a while and I used to buzz the sides and design it. It was really bad.
    -- Joe Jonas

#Design #Buzz #Hawks

• Mr. Obama denounced the $2.3 trillion added to the national debt on Mr. Bush's watch as 'deficits as far as the eye can see.' But Mr. Obama's budget adds $9.3 trillion to the debt over the next 10 years. What happened to Obama the deficit hawk?
    -- Karl Rove

#Eye #Years #Hawks

• Did you know I staged the first performance in America of At the Hawk's Well?
    -- Kenneth Rexroth

#America #Hawks #Firsts

• If the F.A.A. was around when the Wright Brothers were testing their aircraft, they would never have been able to make their first flight at Kitty Hawk.
    -- Larry Walters

#Brother #Able #Hawks

• And there's nothing wrong with being a lizard either. Unless you were born to be a hawk.
    -- Leigh Bardugo

#Lizards #Hawks #Born

• To read Helen Macdonald's memoir, H Is for Hawk, is to feel as though Emily Bronte just turned up at your door, trailing all the windy, feral outdoors into your living room.
    -- Maureen Corrigan

#Doors #Hawks #Rooms

• Some things are worth the fat and calories, although I have to watch it like a hawk.
    -- Megyn Kelly

#Hawks #Watches #Calories

• We must have government, but we must watch them like a hawk.
    -- Millicent Fenwick

#Government #Liberty #Hawks

• We got the Hawks I aint talking about the Peach state
    -- Nicki Minaj

#Talking #Peaches #Hawks

• We hate the hawk because he ever lives in battle.
    -- Ovid

#Hate #Battle #Hawks

• Being a defense hawk and a budget hawk are not mutually exclusive.
    -- Pete Hegseth

#Defense #Hawks

• A retaliator behaves like a hawk when he is attacked by a hawk, and like a dove when he meets a dove. When he meets another retaliator he plays like a dove. A retaliator is a conditional strategist. His behaviour depends on the behaviour of his opponent.
    -- Richard Dawkins

#Play #Opponents #Hawks

• I worked for John Ford, Howard Hawks, Henry Hathaway, Raoul Walsh - I worked for some real good directors.
    -- Richard Farnsworth

#Real #Fog #Hawks

• When a caterpillar eats a leaf, then a thrush eats the caterpillar, or when a hawk eats the thrush only 5 to 20% of usable energy is transferred from one level to the next. ... Thus herbivores will account for a much smaller fraction of the biomass [than plants] and the carnivores for a still smaller fraction.
    -- Richard Heinberg

#Environmental #Levels #Hawks

• Conventional wisdom is not to put all of your eggs in one basket. 80/20 wisdom is to choose a basket carefully, load all your eggs into it, and then watch it like a hawk.
    -- Richard Koch

#Wisdom #Eggs #Hawks

• Our success in Singapore was a Herculean effort by the whole team. Now I am determined to deliver on all we promised. I will be watching like a hawk.
    -- Sebastian Coe

#Team #Effort #Hawks

• Cicala to cicala is dear, and ant to ant, and hawks to hawks, but to me the muse and song.
    -- Theocritus

#Song #Hawks #Ants

• In Washington they have their hawks and doves and in Ottawa we have our parrots.
    -- Tommy Douglas

#Hawks #Ottawa #Dove

• I can't quite see the point of poems like "Wittgenstein Goes for a Walk with A Hawk in Sherwood Forest." I know they're trying to be clever, but they're not.
    -- Andre Naffis-Sahely

#Clever #Trying #Hawks

• There're two different kinds of skating. There's the style skating, and there's the trick skating. He (Tony Hawk) does the trick skating so heavy duty, that he can overcome the style skating. There's always the chance that the style skater can come back, but the whole deal really is learning tricks.
    -- Christian Hosoi

#Two #Style #Hawks

• When feeding time comes around, there is nothing a hawk likes better than a nice, fat, peaceful dove.
    -- Louis L'Amour

#Nice #Peaceful #Hawks