Hollies quotes

• I didn't get into acting to have a moment, I got into it because of people who've inspired me, like Judi Dench, Holly Hunter, and Jodie Foster.
    -- Amy Adams

#People #Hollies #Acting

• Have a holly jolly Christmas!
    -- Burl Ives

#Christmas #Hollies #Jolly

• Holly smiled weakly. Gerry would know exactly how she was feeling, he would know exactly what to say and he would know exactly what to do. He would give her one of his famous hugs and all her problems would melt away. She grabbed a pillow from her bed and hugged it tight. She couldn't remember the last time she hugged someone, really hugged someone. And the depressing thing was that she couldn't imagine ever embracing anyone the same way again.
    -- Cecelia Ahern

#Depressing #Giving #Hollies

• Buddy Holly was the geekiest looking guy in the world, but he had some really rockin tunes.
    -- Chris Cheney

#Guy #Hollies #Tunes

• Personal identity seems like it's just such an American archetype, from Holly Golightly re-inventing herself in 'Breakfast At Tiffany's' to Jay Gatsby in 'The Great Gatsby.' It seems like the sort of archetypal American issue. If you're given the freedom to be anything, or be anyone, what do you do with it?
    -- Chuck Palahniuk

#Issues #Hollies #Identity

• I wanted to pay tribute to my musical influences: Buffalo Springfield, Lightfoot, the Beatles, the Hollies.
    -- Dan Fogelberg

#Hollies #Musical #Pay

• Wait," said Butler. "Just wait, Holly. Artemis has a plan." He squinted through the green dome. "What is your plan, Artemis?" All Artemis could do was smile and shrug.
    -- Eoin Colfer

#Waiting #Hollies #Green

• Don't hate me forever, Arty," whispered Holly. "I couldn't bear that.
    -- Eoin Colfer

#Hate #Forever #Hollies

• Holly is alive,' thought Foaly 'My princess lives,'exulted Orion. 'And we're chasing a dragon
    -- Eoin Colfer

#Princess #Dragons #Hollies

• She can't afford to commit more troops,' Holly whispered. 'The gate is her priority, and she needs to have as many Berserkers watching her back as possible. We are secondary at this point.' 'That will be her undoing,' Artemis gasped, already suffering under the weight of the flak jacket. 'Artemis Fowl will never be secondary.' 'I thought you were Artemis Fowl the Second?' said Holly.
    -- Eoin Colfer

#Priorities #Hollies #Suffering

• Somehow we just dont make the same boisterous fun of Holy Week that we do of Christmas. No one plans to have a holly, jolly Easter.
    -- Frederica Mathewes-Green

#Easter #Fun #Hollies

• All green was anished sae of pine and yew, That still displayed their melancholy hue; Sae the green holly with its berries red, And the green moss that o'er the grael spread.
    -- George Crabbe

#Hollies #Berries #Hue

• Money is made at Christmas out of holly and mistletoe, but who save the vendors would greatly care if no green branch were procurable?
    -- George Gissing

#Christmas #Hollies #Care

• The Hollies, after I left in 1968, had the audacity, the gall, to have three number one records after I left. Thanks a lot, guys.
    -- Graham Nash

#Numbers #Guy #Hollies

• I've been listening to a lot of Hollies stuff lately, and it's beginning to sound pretty good to me.
    -- Graham Nash

#Hollies #Listening #Stuff

• Crash Holly's so short, you can see his feet on his driver's licence photo.
    -- Jerry Lawler

#Wwe #Feet #Hollies

• Elijah Wood from Lord Of The Rings can't get married with a girl named Holly beacause it would make Holly Wood get it HOLLYWOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    -- Joel Madden

#Girl #Hollies #Woods

• You shouldn't even be in a band if you can't play Buddy Holly's Not Fade Away.
    -- John Mellencamp

#Play #Hollies #Band

• I’ll have your fathers make something special,” Holly said serenely. “If it turns out we don’t like him, I’ll cook the next meal for him.
    -- Maya Banks

#Father #Hollies #Special

• I told my agents that I love Holly Hunter and Frances McDormand and all of these women that are good at doing comedies as well as dramas.
    -- Rachael Harris

#Drama #Hollies #Agents

• HOLLY TREE (Ilex aquifolium) is a symbol of good will and is associated with sun gods. In Rome the holly was sacred to Saturn and was employed in the rites of the Saturnalia, where it was a symbol of health and happiness. The holly is an evergreen and therefore is associated with the sun god.
    -- Raven Grimassi

#Rome #Tree #Hollies

• I can try to wheedle information out of people," Holly offered. "For which I'll need a lower-cut top.
    -- Sarah Rees Brennan

#Cutting #People #Hollies

• The mistletoe hung in the castle hall, The holly branch shone on the old oak wall.
    -- Thomas Haynes Bayly

#Christmas #Wall #Hollies

• Anyone who ever gave you confidence, you owe them a lot". ~Truman Capote, Breakfast at Tiffany's, 1958, spoken by the character Holly Golightly
    -- Truman Capote

#Character #Hollies #Breakfast

• I mean, I haven't been completely lacking in some enjoyment of Chuck Berry or Buddy Holly. But I just didn't pay attention to that period of music, obviously.
    -- Warren Zevon

#Mean #Hollies #Attention

• Holly, I understand that you are upset because Gemma pulled down your ants, but why did you think pouring motor oil inside her backpack is the way to solve the problem?
    -- Wendelin Van Draanen

#Thinking #Oil #Hollies

• Be merry all, be merry all, With holly dress the festive hall; Prepare the song, the feast, the ball, To welcome merry Christmas.
    -- William Spencer

#Christmas #Song #Hollies

• Listen- my relationship with radio on a personal level is nothing but a one way love-a-thon... I love radio, I grew up on radio. That's where I heard Buddy Holly, that's where I heard Chuck Berry. I couldn't believe it the first time I heard one of my records on the radio, and I STILL love hearing anything I'm involved with on radio, and some of my best friends were from radio. But we were on different sides of that argument, there's no question about that.
    -- Bernie Finkelstein

#Believe #Hollies #My Best Friend

• Kim: "What, a coffee? Hollie, I have some bad news. I hate you, okay?" Hollie: "You hate everyone, Kim." Kim: "You're one of everyone.
    -- Bryan Lee O'Malley

#Hate #Coffee #Hollies