Emo quotes

• We played in Texas about a year ago, at Emo's, the famous country and western club in Austin. And I figured, well, if I'm finally gonna die onstage, that's where it's going to be!
    -- Alan Vega

#Country #Emo #Texas

• Why can't love be a fairy tale?
    -- Amy Davis

#Emo #Love Is #Fairy Tale

• So many nights I cried myself to sleep. Now that you love me, I love myself. I never thought I would say this. I never thought there'd be you.
    -- Amy Lee

#Emo #Sleep #Night

• We will be whatever they need us to be. Call us emo's, liars, and cheaters...tell people how awful we are and how little talent we have...do whatever it takes to make themselves feel better because at the end of the day, we are strong, we can take it. We don't need their approval to justify our lives. Each and every one of us has a fire that burns inside us and they can try like hell to put out that flame but as long as in our minds we know who we are meant to be, they don't stand a chance.
    -- Andy Biersack

#Strong #Emo #Liars

• Emo means different things to different people. Actually, that's a massive understatement. Emo seems solely to mean different things to different people—Like pig latin or books by Thomas Pynchon, confusion is one of its hallmark traits.
    -- Andy Greenwald

#Emo #Latin #Book

• Emo: e-mo 1. A much-maligned, mocked, and misunderstood term for melodic, expressive, and confessional punk rock.
    -- Andy Greenwald

#Emo #Rocks #Misunderstood

• When people hear our record, they're not going to be able to put us into the 'New Metal' category or the 'pop-punk' category or the 'aggressive emo' category. I think people will be able to take it for what it is.
    -- Bert McCracken

#Emo #Thinking #People

• It's ignorant! The stereotype is guys that are weak and have failing relationships write about how sad they are. If you listen to our songs, not one of them has that tone. Emo is bullshit! If people want to take it for the literal sense of the word, then yes, we're an emotional band, we put a lot of thought into what we do. People always try to stereotype us, but we don't fit the emo stereotype.
    -- Brendon Urie

#Song #Emo #Writing

• I keep thinking about blood, I dream about it. Wake up thinking about it. Pretty soon I'll be writing morbid emo poetry about it.
    -- Cassandra Clare

#Dream #Emo #Writing

• People come up to me and say, 'Emo, do people really come up to you?'
    -- Emo Philips

#Emo #People #Come Up

• Emo always meant emotional. Any kind of art or music should be emotional. If its not, than it's pretty much just a jingle selling bleach or pizza.
    -- Frank Iero

#Art #Emo #Jingles

• I've never recognized 'emo' as a genre of music. I always thought it was the most retarded term ever. I know there is this generic commonplace that every band that gets labeled with that term hates it. They feel scandalized by it. But honestly, I just thought that all the bands I played in were punk rock bands. The reason I think it's so stupid is that - what, like the Bad Brains weren't emotional? What - they were robots or something? It just doesn't make any sense to me.
    -- Guy Picciotto

#Emo #Hate #Stupid

• Poetry is just so emo." he said. "Oh, the pain. The pain. It always rains. In my soul.
    -- John Green

#Emo #Pain #Rain

• Now go and stake some vamps. Especially the sparkly emo ones.
    -- Kevin Hearne

#Emo #Stakes #Vamp

• Granuaile looked terminally depressed when she emerged from the bathroom with raven hair and, as a result rather Goth by accident. She didn't want to get her picture taken. "Aughh!" she said miserably, looking in the vanity mirror in the truck of the cab and fingering a wavy curl near her temple. "This sucks more than anything has ever sucked before. You know what we look like? A couple of emo douche bags." "Well, look at the bright side, Granuaile. Emo Douche Bags would be a great band name." [That's brilliant! It's already the unofficial name of more bands than I can count.]
    -- Kevin Hearne

#Couple #Emo #Taken

• sensitive," I tried. Sam translated, "squishy." "creative." "Dangerously Emo." "thoughtful." Feng shui.
    -- Maggie Stiefvater

#Emo #Thoughtful #Creative

• Creative" "Dangerously emo.
    -- Maggie Stiefvater

#Emo #Creative

• They are called 'Emos' now, and before that they were 'Goths.' They didn't have a name for it when I was one, but I was that black-wearing teenager and yes, I wore a little eyeliner.
    -- Mark Gatiss

#Emo #Teenager #Names

• Unicorns are real and emo is imaginary.
    -- Mikey Way

#Emo #Real #Unicorn

• Eve: Shut up, we have zero time for you and your bullshit dramatics Monica: Or what, you'll bleed on me, Emo Princess of Freakdomonia? Claire: Fine. You come with us. If you get in my way, I'll kill you.
    -- Rachel Caine

#Zero #Emo #Princess

• So biggest ***** in METAL, I'd say a lot of these emo bands come off as pussies.They have those beards and tight jeans and to me they all look so fake.
    -- Charlie Benante

#Emo #Jeans #Fake

• I'm accountable - this sounds emo - to black American writing, Southern writing, Southern black American writing, American writing and my people. That's kind of what keeps me accountable.
    -- Kiese Laymon

#Emo #Writing #People

• Future's Pluto is my favorite album of the year. It's so emo. Future is the number one dude I'd love to produce for - every time I listen to the song he did with Rihanna, "Loveeeeeee Song", I'm like, "I should have produced that."
    -- Ryan Hemsworth

#Song #Emo #Should Have

• My beats and my production aren't dark or emo by any means; it's basically the lyrics I think, and the melody sometimes can be too.
    -- Sarah Barthel

#Emo #Mean #Dark

• My musical style changes with every song that I make. I jokingly referred to it one time as 'emo thug', and I think that kind of stands because it's got equal parts of the aggressive confidence of the Dre beats I grew up listening to, and the emotion of like... emo music!
    -- The Last Skeptik

#Song #Emo #Thinking

• I have no interest in emo. I'm all about rap metal.
    -- Rivers Cuomo

#Emo #Rap #Interest

• There are bands now, and for years, that called themselves emo. I never followed that stuff.
    -- Jeremy Enigk

#Emo #Years #Band

• No matter how much you care about a person, you have to be able to know that you can sit down at night and be happy with who you are without that person. That's really hard when you're a lonely emo kid.
    -- Justin Vernon

#Lonely #Emo #Kids