Being In Love quotes

• To be on an island inhabited by artificial ghosts was the most unbearable of nightmares,- to be in love with one of those images was worse than being in love with a ghost (perhaps we always want the person we love to have the existenceof a ghost).
    -- Adolfo Bioy Casares

#Being In Love #Islands #Want

• Love, being in love, isn’t a constant thing. It doesn’t always flow at the same strength. It’s not always like a river in flood. It’s more like the sea. It has tides, it ebbs and flows. The thing is, when love is real, whether it’s ebbing or flowing, it’s always there, it never goes away. And that’s the only proof you can have that it is real, and not just a crush or an infatuation or a passing fancy
    -- Aidan Chambers

#Crush #Real #Being In Love

• When I was doing 'Scarface,' I remember being in love at that time. One of the few times in my life. And I was so glad it was at that time. I would come home and she would tell me about her life that day and all her problems and I remember saying to her, look, you really got me through this picture because I would shed everything when I came home.
    -- Al Pacino

#Home #Being In Love #Looks

• Why do you love the woman you're in love with? Because she is. And that, after all, is God's own definition of Himself; I am that I am. The girl is who she is. Some of her isness spills over and impregnates the entire universe. Objects and events cease to be mere representations of classes and become their own uniqueness; cease to be illustrations of verbal abstractions and become fully concrete. Then you stop being in love, and the universe collapses, with an almost audible squeak of derision, into its normal insignificance.
    -- Aldous Huxley

#Girl #Being In Love #Illustration

• Being in love is not cool!
    -- Alice Englert

#Being In Love #Love Is

• Sometimes there's more important things in life than being in the ring, like family, like us, & being in love.
    -- Amy Dumas

#Being In Love #Wwe #Important

• Novels institutionalize the ruse of eros. It becomes a narrative texture of sustained incongruence, emotional and cognitive. It permits the reader to stand in triangular relation to the characters in the story and reach into the text after the objects of their desire, sharing their longing but also detached from it, seeing their view of reality but also its mistakenness. It is almost like being in love.
    -- Anne Carson

#Character #Being In Love #Reality

• Being in love is the only transcendent experience.
    -- Armistead Maupin

#Being In Love #Love Is

• I'm lucky because the strongest emotion I have ever felt is being in love, and that definitely informs my writing.
    -- Ben Elton

#Writing #Being In Love #Lucky

• The fulfilment that is being in love with God is not the product of our knowledge and choice. It is God's gift. Like all being in love, as distinct from particular acts of loving, it is a first principle. So far from resulting from our knowledge and choice, it dismantles and abolishes the horizon within which our knowing and choosing went on, and it sets up a new horizon within which the love of God transvalues our values and the eyes of that love transform our knowing.
    -- Bernard Lonergan

#Eye #Being In Love #Knowing

• I love being a freak. It's great!
    -- Brian Molko

#Being In Love #Freak

• I love being in love.
    -- Brittany Murphy

#Being In Love

• I'm so single. It's funny. I'm usually a relationship girl. I love being in love and having a partner in crime. But it's good to be your own partner in crime. God, that makes me sound like I have multiple-personality disorder.
    -- Brittany Snow

#Girl #Being In Love #Personality

• Love as distinct from “being in love” is not merely a feeling. It is a deep unity, maintained by the will and deliberately strengthened by habit...
    -- C. S. Lewis

#Being In Love #Love Is #Feelings

• I am in love, and he's the one. Obviously I thought the one before him was the one and the one before that was the one, too. Frankly, I'm so much into the idea of being in love that anyone out of about 3 million could be the one. But no, this one now is definitely the one, the very one.
    -- Caitlin Moran

#Being In Love #Ideas

• While there are a great many agents in nature which boost libido and enhance sexual function, chocolate alone actually promotes the brain chemistry of being in love.
    -- Chris Kilham

#Being In Love #Medicine #Chocolate

• Being a rock star is like being a cult leader - you really have to be in your own religion.
    -- Courtney Love

#Stars #Being In Love #Reality

• In the end, there probably isn't much difference between being in love and acting like you're in love.
    -- Dan Chaon

#Being In Love #Differences #Acting

• I love being on stage or in front of the camera. My work brings me a lot of joy. It helps me figure out who I am. I'm really lucky that I get to make a living at acting.
    -- Dana Delany

#Being In Love #Love Is #Who I Am

• Valentine's Day is a time to celebrate the joy of being in love. Unless you're single & lonely then it's called Laundry Day.
    -- Dane Cook

#Lonely #Valentine #Being In Love

• Being in love is dangerous because you talk yourself into thinking you've never had it so good.
    -- David Salle

#Being In Love #Love Is #Thinking

• .. but all of a sudden they’re poets, right, like that’s all it takes — being in love.
    -- David Sedaris

#Being In Love #Poet

• The second song is called 'Easy As Life,' which really describes the complete conflict of the whole story, her struggle of being in love with the enemy and also being in love with her people.
    -- Deborah Cox

#Song #Struggle #Being In Love

• I love emotion. I love being in love. And showing that on screen. I think it's wonderful.
    -- Dennis Haysbert

#Being In Love #Love Is #Thinking

• There will always be a Beach Boys. Being a Beach Boy is like being in love
    -- Dennis Wilson

#Beach #Being In Love #Boys

• Dolly Parton... I love being around that woman! I worked really hard to keep up with her.
    -- Dom DeLuise

#Being In Love #Love Is

• I like relationships and being in love, but I also like being single - you have to embrace all those different things.
    -- Dominic Monaghan

#Being Single #Being In Love #Different

• I'm all for being in love and whenever I like someone, I end up pretty much completely smitten.
    -- Ed Westwick

#Being In Love #Liking Someone #Smitten

• Each time you happen to me all over again.
    -- Edith Wharton

#Love #Romantic #Being In Love

• It's like being in love, discovering your best friend.
    -- Elizabeth Wein

#Love #Being In Love #Your Best Friend

• Since I reached the conclusion that the essence of the creative person is being in love with what one is doing, I have had a growing awareness that this characteristic makes possible all the other personality characteristics of the creative person: independence of thought and judgment, honesty, perseverance, curiosity, willingness to take risks and the like.
    -- Ellis Paul Torrance

#Perseverance #Honesty #Being In Love

• It was disconcerting that being in love felt lonelier than lonelines.
    -- Emily Maguire

#Being In Love

• Being in love, and I'm not an expert in this, I've lived it as much as anyone has, but I've not dissected it.
    -- Eric Braeden

#Being In Love #Experts

• I have a feeling that being in love sometimes means the projection of your desires onto another person. The important thing is that you like the other person, respect the other person and want to raise children with the other person.
    -- Eric Braeden

#Children #Mean #Being In Love

• After all, damn it, what does being in love mean if you can't trust a person.
    -- Evelyn Waugh

#Mean #Being In Love #Doe

• I love playing moms. It's a lot easier than being a mom, I hear.
    -- Faith Ford

#Mom #Being In Love #Being A Mom

• Being hungry is like being in love: if you don't know, you're probably not,
    -- Geneen Roth

#Being In Love #Hungry

• I do take very good care of myself, and I'm always in love. And by that I mean I have an appetite for life. I'm in love with beauty and things and people and love and being in love, and those things I think, on the inside, show on the outside.
    -- Gloria Vanderbilt

#Mean #Being In Love #Thinking

• Before, I was really passive, all I cared about was being in love with my boyfriend. I didn't have any creative power, nothing. I don't know that person any more.
    -- Gwen Stefani

#Being In Love #Creative #My Boyfriend

• Being in love means being at the mercy of someone's childhood.
    -- Hanif Kureishi

#Mean #Being In Love #Childhood

• I found the experience of falling in love or being in love was a death, a death of everything. You kind of watch yourself die in a wonderful way, and you experience for the briefest moment – if you see yourself for a moment through their eyes – everything you believed about yourself gone. In a death-and-rebirth sense.
    -- Hozier

#Falling In Love #Eye #Being In Love

• Being in love is an exhausting business.
    -- Iris Murdoch

#Being In Love #Love Is

• But no one frees himself from being in love in three days.
    -- Isabelle Adjani

#Being In Love #Three

• I never saw myself as being ambitious, I saw myself as being in love with the profession. I'm a people person. I love to get to know different kinds of people.
    -- Jack Kelley

#Being In Love #People #Ambitious

• When love first happens, the individuals are giving each other energy unconsciously and both people feel buoyant and elated. That's the incredible high we call being ‘in love.’ Unfortunately, once they expect this feeling to come from another person, they cut themselves off from the energy in the universe and begin to rely even more on the energy from each other--only now there doesn’t seem to be enough and so they stop giving each other energy and fall back into their dramas in an attempt to control each other and force the other’s energy their way.
    -- James Redfield

#Drama #Fall #Being In Love

• And suddenly I realize that although I've never thought about being in love with Nick before, all the right ingredients are there. I fancy him. I like him. He's my friend. He makes me laugh. I love being with him. And I start to feel all sort of warm and glowy, and screw the other stuff. Screw the stuff about him having no money, and living in a bedsit, and not being what I thought I wanted. I'm just going to go with this and see where it ends up. I mean, no one says I have to marry the guy, for God's sake.
    -- Jane Green

#Mean #Being In Love #Laughing

• I played the character knowing that she was knocked down, 100 percent, dead-in-front-of-a-bus in love with her boss. Every scene, I did not care if it was about taxes or about, you know, getting rid of the penny, it was all about me being in love with him.
    -- Janel Moloney

#Character #Being In Love #Knowing

• Being in love means you are completely broken, then put back together. The one piece that was yours is beating in your lover's breast. She says the same thing about hers.
    -- Jason Molina

#Mean #Being In Love #Broken

• Writing poetry is like always being in love. What masochism! What luxury!
    -- Jennifer Stone

#Writing #Being In Love #Luxury

• You can't put being in love on a scale. Either you are or you aren't.
    -- Jenny Han

#Being In Love #Scales

• I was in love with the idea of being in love with a woman way before I was actually in love with one.
    -- Jimmy Carr

#Being In Love #Ideas #Way

• Affection may be abiding and love may be abiding, but the state of being in love is transitory.
    -- Jo Coudert

#Being In Love #Love Is #And Love

• Being in love is totally punk rock.
    -- Joey Comeau

#Being In Love #Love Is #Rocks

• Being in love also means learning not to say anything until she's had coffee.
    -- Joshua Jackson

#Coffee #Mean #Being In Love

• In life, you have to take the pace that love goes. You don't force it. You just don't force love, you don't force falling in love, you don't force being in love - you just become. I don't know how to say that in English, but you just feel it.
    -- Juan Pablo Galavis

#Falling In Love #Love You #Being In Love

• Being in love is better than being in jail, a dentist's chair, or a holding pattern over Philadelphia, but not if he doesn't love you back.
    -- Judith Viorst

#Love You #Being In Love #Love Is

• You've never been in love," she said. "You don't understand." "If being in love means giving up your freedom, not to mention your opportunities," Caitlin said, "Then I haven't missed anything.
    -- Judy Blume

#Giving Up #Mean #Being In Love

• Lust, that state commonly known as 'being in love,' is a kind of madness. It is a distortion of reality so remarkable that it should, by rights, enable most of us to understand the other forms of lunacy with the sympathy of fellow-sufferers. But, paradoxically, mad and suffering as one is, and the heat of the flame, few of us are glad as we feel that passion slip away No, while most people have been at their unhappiest when in love, it is nevertheless the state the human being yearns for above all.
    -- Julian Fellowes

#Passion #Being In Love #Reality

• I think that one of the things that you do learn is that falling in love and being in love with someone is a rarity. That you don't fall in love as many times as you think you're going to. And then when you do, it's really special; it's really important.
    -- Julianne Moore

#Falling In Love #Being In Love #Thinking

• I want someone who is open-minded, dedicated to whatever she is doing and isn't afraid to say I love you. As for looks, she shouldn't have three heads. I want a regular human being.
    -- Kevin Eubanks

#I Love You #Being In Love #Want

• Being interested in a woman is quite another matter from being in love with one.
    -- Linda Lael Miller

#Being In Love #Matter

• Love itself is what is left over when being "in love" has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident.
    -- Louis de Bernieres

#Art #Being In Love #Burned

• The spring in Boston is like being in love: bad days slip in among the good ones, and the whole world is at a standstill, then the sun shines, the tears dry up, and we forget that yesterday was stormy.
    -- Louise Closser Hale

#Spring #Bad Day #Being In Love

• Falling in love is great but being in love is a disaster
    -- Mario Puzo

#Falling In Love #Being In Love #Love Is

• Love is like the little red toy wagon you get for your Christmas or your sixth birthday. It makes you deliriously happy and you just can't leave it alone. But sooner or later the wheels come off. Then you leave it in a corner and forget it. Falling in love is great. Being in love is a disaster
    -- Mario Puzo

• Being in grief, it turns out, is not unlike being in love. In both states, the imagination's entirely occupied with one person. The beloved dwells at the heart of the world, and becomes a Rome: the roads of feeling all lead to him, all proceed from him. Everything that touches us seems to relate back to that center: there is no other emotional life, no place outside the universe of feeling centered on its pivotal figure.
    -- Mark Doty

#Grief #Heart #Being In Love

• Everyone knows what falling in love is like but being in love is what people have lost. That intimacy to be in bed with somebody and just laugh and not hold anybody accountable for what they say.
    -- Mark Polish

• Any time that we have time to take off, we love being home.
    -- Mary-Kate Olsen

#Home #Being In Love #Love Is

• Having a love ethic, as opposed to simply being in love, or having a lover, means love is the way you actively choose to engage with the world - whether you're in a relationship or not. It's not about disappearing into existing structures, norms, and privileges. It's precisely about breaking with the existing structures, values, and norms that prohibit real love in our culture.
    -- Masha Tupitsyn

#Real #Mean #Being In Love

• Being an entrepreneur is not about being in love with an idea, it's about being in love with running a company.
    -- Max Levchin

#Running #Being In Love #Ideas

• First best is falling in love. Second best is being in love. Least best is falling out of love. But any of it is better than never having been in love.
    -- Maya Angelou

#Falling In Love #Being In Love #Firsts

• So it's true, then, being in love is like hitting the sweepstakes. It doesn't happen to everyone, and there's no way of saying who's going to win, but it changes your life when it does.
    -- Michele Gorman

#Being In Love #Winning #Love Is

• People say that being in love is amazing. They lie. It's freaking terrifying.
    -- Molly McAdams

#Lying #Being In Love #Love Is

• Keep Giving Jesus to the people, not by words but by your example, by being in love with Jesus, by radiating holiness and spreading his fragrance of love everywhere you go. Just keep the joy of Jesus as your strength, be happy and at peace.
    -- Mother Teresa

#Jesus #Being In Love #Giving

• The biggest disease today is not leprosy or tuberculosis, but rather the feeling of being unwanted.
    -- Mother Teresa

#Butterfly #Being In Love #Helping Others

• I hate love. Hate being in love. I never want it to happen to me again.
    -- Muriel Box

#Hate #Being In Love #Want

• Being in love is something like poetry. Certainly, you can analyze and expound its various senses and intentions, but there is always something left over, mysteriously hovering between music and meaning.
    -- Muriel Spark

#Being In Love #Love Is #Hovering

• [My novel] took up the sweetest part of my mind and the rarest part of my imagination; it was like being in love and better. All day long when I was busy [...], I had my unfinished novel personified almost as a secret companion and accomplice following me like a shadow wherever I went, whatever I did.
    -- Muriel Spark

#Being In Love #Imagination #Long

• I love being photographed, I love the ramp.
    -- Nafisa Joseph

#Being In Love #Love Is #Ramp

• Summer weather, like being in love,is a philosopher's stone which turns our ordinary days to gold. But not the whole day ... For it is never the whole day, never all our life which is transformed in any happiness, but only the exquisite moments.
    -- Nan Fairbrother

#Summer #Being In Love #Love Is

• Love is a wonderful thing. It makes life worthwhile. I love being in love.
    -- Nicholas Sparks

#Being In Love #Love Is #Wonderful

• Being in love was like China: you knew it was there, and no doubt it was very interesting, and some people went there, but I never would. I'd spend all my life without ever going to China, but it wouldn't matter, because there was all the rest of the world to visit.
    -- Philip Pullman

#Being In Love #Interesting #People

• One of the joys of being in love is that it clarifies your priorities. Complication arises from not knowing what you want.
    -- Philip Sington

#Being In Love #Love Is #Knowing

• Travel, for me, is a little bit like being in love, because suddenly all your senses are at the setting marked “on.
    -- Pico Iyer

#Being In Love #Love Is #Littles

• It has become necessary for me to have this woman, so as to save myself from the ridicule of being in love with her: for to what lengths will a man not be driven by thwarted desire?
    -- Pierre Choderlos de Laclos

#Being In Love #Men #Desire

• There's no changing your mind about whom you love. That's part of the tough thing about being in love - it's sort of undeniable.
    -- Piper Perabo

#Being In Love #Mind #Tough

• Being in love is a very strange thing. Your thoughts constantly drift towards this other person, no matter what you're doing.
    -- Pittacus Lore

#Being In Love #Love Is #Matter

• Being in love is a very strange thing.
    -- Pittacus Lore

#Being In Love #Love Is #Strange

• They say marriage will change you but it didn't change me. Being in love changed me.
    -- R. Kelly

#Being In Love #Changed

• Being in love means seeing the Beloved all around me.
    -- Ram Dass

#Mean #Being In Love #Beloved

• The most important aspect of love is not in giving or the receiving: it's in the being. When I need love from others, or need to give love to others, I'm caught in an unstable situation. Being in love, rather than giving or taking love, is the only thing that provides stability. Being in love means seeing the Beloved all around me.
    -- Ram Dass

#Mean #Being In Love #Love Is

• I love being in love. It's the best feeling in the world. I have never felt like this before.
    -- Ranveer Singh

#Being In Love #Love Is #Feelings

• Ariel Gordon is superbly, supremely, a poet of the body. She finds words for the physicality of the forest, of the garden, of pregnancy. Hump speaks the erotics of being alive and being in love with being alive.
    -- Robert Kroetsch

#Pregnancy #Being In Love #Garden

• That summer we had been absolutely alone, together, even when people were around, the only inhabitants of the kind of floating island or magic carpet which being in love is.
    -- Robert Penn Warren

#Summer #Being In Love #Love Is

• When you love someone so much that you are in pain when you are apart it ends up being destructive. I never want to be in that place again.
    -- Sadie Frost

#Pain #Being In Love #When You Love Someone

• I like being in love, but loving is what is crucial to me. Loving is the reason to live.
    -- Saffron Burrows

#Being In Love #Reason #Reason To Live

• Ah, but being in love made you mean and crazy. Love made you act like a fool even when you knew you were acting like a fool and couldn't help yourself from acting like a fool.
    -- Sandra Brown

#Crazy #Mean #Being In Love

• Me being in love with a girl and wanting her to be with me, doing what I need to do to make her stay with me; it affects no one, yet it’s terrifying to people and they think you’re a monster.
    -- Sara Quin

#Girl #Being In Love #Thinking

• Being in love, you know... it's not like having a canary, in a cage. When you lose one sweetheart, you can't just go out and get another to replace her.
    -- Sarah Waters

#Love You #Being In Love #Cages

• Being in love isn't the only way of loving. I realized with all my being that if you loved somebody- it didn't matter who it was- and dedicated yourself to bringing joy to your loved one, you, too, would be redeemed.
    -- Sayo Masuda

#Being In Love #Love Is #Joy