Viewpoints quotes

• Be warned! From Satan's viewpoint you are a pawn in his game of cosmic chess.
    -- Adrian Rogers

#Games #Viewpoints #Chess

• In the Bible, the race of life is never considered from the viewpoint of speed... We are to run it with patience.
    -- Aiden Wilson Tozer

#Running #Race #Viewpoints

• Since I've written many of my books from a less-than-sympathetic viewpoint, I think that being able to see things from all sides is a useful talent.
    -- Alex Flinn

#Book #Thinking #Viewpoints

• A historian can never claim to have the last word on anything as he is limited by his sources and further so by his viewpoint.
    -- Ambeth R. Ocampo

#Viewpoints #Lasts #Source

• I don't have clear-cut positions. I get baffled by things. I have viewpoints. Sometimes they change.
    -- Annie Lennox

#Cutting #Viewpoints #Baffled

• The way to really live is to die. The passport to living is to imagine yourself in your grave. Imagine you're lying in your coffin....Now look at your problems from that viewpoint. Changes everything, doesn't it?
    -- Anthony de Mello

#Change #Lying #Viewpoints

• The value systems of those with access to power and of those far removed from such access cannot be the same. The viewpoint of the privileged is unlike that of the underprivileged.
    -- Aung San Suu Kyi

#Power #Viewpoints #Underprivileged

• I am closer to a European viewpoint of the world than an American one. My ethics and ideals are based on European concepts.
    -- Bianca Jagger

#Europe #Viewpoints #World

• The politically correct crowd is tolerant of all viewpoints, except those they disagree with.
    -- Bobby Jindal

#Viewpoints #Crowds #Politically Correct

• From the viewpoint of analytic psychology, the theatre, aside from any aesthetic value, may be considered as an institution for the treatment of the mass complex.
    -- Carl Jung

#Psychology #Theatre #Viewpoints

• Wisdom is the capacity to see things from God's viewpoint.
    -- Charles Stanley

#Christian #Christian Inspirational #Viewpoints

• I think our music is more about seeing ourselves in each other and trying to find a more humanistic viewpoint for the world.
    -- Conor Oberst

#Thinking #Trying #Viewpoints

• Not even Sen. [Joseph] McCarthy was able to repress ideas he opposed as effectively as Harvard's hiring committees have suppressed the conservative viewpoints they despise and fear.
    -- David Horowitz

#Ideas #Viewpoints #Politics

• The next time you make a snap judgment about a situation, take a few moments to understand an opposing viewpoint.
    -- David J. Lieberman

#Snap Judgment #Viewpoints #Next

• All of us create our own versions of an event, of our lives, even, not because were liars, necessarily, but because we can only see and understand the truth from our own viewpoint, and a shifting viewpoint at that.
    -- Deb Caletti

#Liars #Events #Viewpoints

• There are things I can't force. I must adjust. There are times when the greatest change needed is a change of my viewpoint.
    -- Denis Diderot

#Acceptance #Perspective #Viewpoints

• An artist is someone who can hold two opposing viewpoints and still remain fully functional.
    -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

#Artist #Two #Viewpoints

• Treat all economic questions from the viewpoint of the consumer, for the interests of the consumer are the interests of the human race.
    -- Frederic Bastiat

#Race #Viewpoints #Economic

• The world is bad but not without hope. It is only hopeless when you look at it from an ideal viewpoint.
    -- Friedrich Durrenmatt

#Looks #Viewpoints #Literature

• Just learning to think in another language allows you to see your own culture in a better viewpoint.
    -- Gates McFadden

#Thinking #Culture #Viewpoints

• If I give up the viewpoint of action, my perfect nakedness is revealed to me.
    -- Georges Bataille

#Giving Up #Perfect #Viewpoints

• Even when you're making a movie about life, death is a presence, and I guess it's part of my dramatic viewpoint. I'm not sure why exactly.
    -- Gus Van Sant

#Viewpoints #Dramatic #Life Death

• There are a thousand viewpoints in the viewtiful city.
    -- Herb Caen

#Cities #San Francisco #Viewpoints

• the present Western civilization ... is dominated by the extravert viewpoint. There are plenty of reasons for this domination: extraverts are more vocal than introverts; they are more numerous, apparently in the ratio of three to one; and they are accessible and understandable, whereas the introverts are not readily understandable, even to each other, and are likely to be thoroughly incomprehensible to the extraverts.
    -- Isabel Briggs Myers

#Civilization #Three #Viewpoints

• Like some of my other movies, 'Conquest Of The Planet Of The Apes' is also a very political film, and many critics still consider it even the best of all the Apes movies, because it conveys a series of political viewpoints.
    -- J. Lee Thompson

#Movie #Political #Viewpoints

• Every one of my books is written from the viewpoint of cops, with the exception of my book Killer on the Road, which is written from the viewpoint of a serial killer.
    -- James Ellroy

#Book #Serial Killer #Viewpoints

• I think painting has that unique potential to project opposing viewpoints.
    -- Joe Bradley

#Unique #Thinking #Viewpoints

• You're headed in the right direction when you realize the customer viewpoint is more important than the company viewpoint. It's more productive to learn from your customers instead of about them.
    -- John Romero

#Learning #Important #Viewpoints

• The Civil Rights Commission should never have been brought into existence. It has been most prejudiced in its viewpoint, and has fomented trouble and racial disturbance since its inception. It should be abolished, not extended.
    -- John Sparkman

#Rights #Viewpoints #Trouble

• Science is not about what's true or what might be true, science is about what people with originally diverse viewpoints can be forced to believe by the weight of public evidence.
    -- Lee Smolin

#Believe #People #Viewpoints

• To understand a cat, you must realize that he has has own gifts, his own viewpoint, even his own morality
    -- Lilian Jackson Braun

#Cat #Viewpoints #Morality

• The next time someone asks for your opinion, and you know it’s contrary to that person’s viewpoint, take the risk of putting your perspective on the table rather than taking the path of least resistance by agreeing or saying you have no opinion.
    -- Lois P Frankel

#Perspective #Risk #Viewpoints

• The only truth is that we cannot speak the truth . The only acceptable viewpoint is that we cannot express a viewpoint.
    -- Murong Xuecun

#Viewpoints #Speak #Truth Is

• Your opinion of yourself is your most important viewpoint. You are infinitely greater than you think you are.
    -- Neville Goddard

#Thinking #Important #Viewpoints

• Nietzsche seems sometimes to replace the "transcendence" which stands at the center of traditional accounts the existence of a transcendent God, or, failing that, a transcendental viewpoint with that of a continually transcending activity. ... There is no single, final perspective, but given any one perspective, we can always go beyond it.
    -- Raymond Geuss

#Perspective #Finals #Viewpoints

• Every viewpoint is a view from a point.
    -- Richard Rohr

#Views #Viewpoints

• I want to hear an alternative viewpoint, and I don't want girls to be defanged and declawed and pretty and mute.
    -- Shirley Manson

#Girl #Viewpoints #Want

• Whether it is considered from the viewpoint of its effect on society, or as one of the expressions of the human spirit, creativity stands out as an activity to be studied, cherished, and cultivated.
    -- Silvano Arieti

#Creativity #Expression #Viewpoints

• Those that regularly come into contact with people having diverse interests and viewpoints are more likely to come up with innovative ideas.
    -- Steven Johnson

#Ideas #People #Viewpoints

• No matter how advanced society becomes, institutionally or technologically, a house in which nature can be sensed represents for me the ideal environment in which to live. From a functional viewpoint, the courtyard of the Rowhouse in Sumiyoshi forces the inhabitant to endure the occasional hardships. At the same time, however, the open courtyard is capable of becoming the house's vital organ, introducing the everyday life and assimilating precious stimuli such as changes in nature.
    -- Tadao Ando

#House #Everyday #Viewpoints

• 'Darkness' is a subjective word; it depends what your viewpoint is and how you live life.
    -- Taylor Momsen

#Live Life #Darkness #Viewpoints

• The present is only understandable through the past, with which it forms a living continuity; and the past is always grasped from our own partial viewpoint within the present.
    -- Terry Eagleton

#Past #Viewpoints #Form

• Truth is not a matter of personal viewpoint.
    -- Vernon Howard

#Matter #Viewpoints #Truth Is

• How to explain? How to describe? Even the omniscient viewpoint quails.
    -- Vernor Vinge

#Viewpoints #Quails

• From a hologrammatic viewpoint, ...you are one little physical image that reflects all of humanity when projected spiritually upon the cosmic screen.
    -- Wayne Dyer

#Humanity #Littles #Viewpoints

• It is a good viewpoint to see the world as a dream. When you have something like a nightmare, you will wake up and tell yourself that it was only a dream. It is said that the world we live in is not a bit different from this.
    -- Yamamoto Tsunetomo

#Dream #Viewpoints #World

• I'd like to do more collaborations because collaboration creates different viewpoints.
    -- Chath Piersath

#Collaboration #Different #Viewpoints

• During conflicts and tense situations, women often work in a more collaborative way, include a larger variety of viewpoints, and function more frequently outside traditional hierarchical means. Women leaders often take a consolidated and reconciliatory position in the society.
    -- Dalia Grybauskaite

#Mean #Leader #Viewpoints

• America as a setting seems inexhaustibly fascinating to me, and I think there's something about the outsider viewpoint that works for me. Being of Jewish descent in England always carried a vague sense of being foreign, while not being a practicing Jew made it hard to think of myself as fully Jewish either. So living here in a way just clarifies that terminal outsider position - makes it somehow official, which I like.
    -- James Lasdun

#Thinking #America #Viewpoints

• Man has a viewpoint, but God has the view.
    -- Madeleine L'Engle

#Men #Views #Viewpoints

• As a practical matter, I like the dramatic monologue for its compelling intimacy. To be inside one's character, to register his or her every vagrant thought, emotion, and response - the first-person viewpoint grants this privilege and immediacy.
    -- Norman Lock

#Character #Viewpoints #Matter

• The goal of higher education should be to champion the airing of all honest viewpoints. Nothing less is acceptable.
    -- Bill O'Reilly

#Goal #Champion #Viewpoints

• I am interested in making photographs which comment on the experience of a place as well as describe it. My position has not typically been one of advocacy for or against any political position. But I regard photographs as commentary, and that includes, at times, taking a specific political viewpoint on an issue.
    -- Mark Klett

#Issues #Political #Viewpoints

• It is a strange fact, characteristic of the incomplete state of our current knowledge, that totally opposite conclusions are drawn about prehistoric conditions on Earth, depending on whether the problem is approached from the biological or the geophysical viewpoint.
    -- Alfred Wegener

#Opposites #Facts #Viewpoints

• However, I'm older, wiser, more mature, and can deliver the rhymes in a different way. Because I guess I have a more holistic viewpoint and approach.
    -- MC Lyte

#Different #Viewpoints #Way

• On stage, the audience watches from a fixed viewpoint and the director cannot retake something he doesn't like. It has to work straight through.
    -- Bruce Beresford

#Directors #Watches #Viewpoints

• In opera, everyone's watching from a fixed viewpoint, and that really challenges you. Lighting, the sets, stage groupings, the music-but doesn't relate too much to film.
    -- Bruce Beresford

#Challenges #Viewpoints #Opera

• I have approached the buildings as psychological and poetic manifestations - rather than from the more technical viewpoints of the architect and historian (which mostly miss the living spirit behind the forms).
    -- Clarence John Laughlin

#Missing #Viewpoints #Spirit

• Alan was always interested in politics in a major way. He actually believes that anarchy is a politically viable system, but I don't. I was always interested in putting forward the ideas that represented my viewpoint. I feel the same about anything I'm doing.
    -- David Lloyd

#Believe #Ideas #Viewpoints