Pilots quotes

• I tested for a couple of pilots, but they said I was too tall.
    -- Adam Baldwin

#Couple #Pilots #Said

• Today it is even more important to dominate the . . . highly sophisticated weapon systems, perhaps even more important than being a good pilot; to make the best use of this system.
    -- Adolf Galland

#Important #Use #Pilots

• Nine g's is good, if the pilot can stand it. We couldn't stand it. Not in the airplanes of World War II.
    -- Adolf Galland

#War #Airplane #Pilots

• The German Luftwaffe always fought without any reserves. This is also the reason why we have pilots with extremely high numbers of victories.
    -- Adolf Galland

#Numbers #Victory #Pilots

• And most of these pilots were lost during the first five flights.
    -- Adolf Galland

#Pilots #Firsts #Flight

• Whether you are an astronomer or a life scientist, geophysicist, or a pilot, you've got to be there because you believe you are good in your field, and you can contribute, not because you are going to get a lot of fame or whatever when you get back.
    -- Alan Shepard

#Believe #Pilots #Fields

• Then there was the challenge to keep doing better and better, to fly the best test flight that anybody had ever flown. That led to my being recognized as one of the more experienced test pilots, and that led to the astronaut business.
    -- Alan Shepard

#Challenges #Pilots #Tests

• You know, being a test pilot isn't always the healthiest business in the world.
    -- Alan Shepard

#World #Pilots #Tests

• But when I was selected, after my very first tour of squadron duty, to become one of the youngest candidates for the test pilot school, I began to realize, maybe you are a little bit better.
    -- Alan Shepard

#School #Pilots #Tests

• Death is the handmaiden of the pilot. Sometimes it comes by accident, sometimes by an act of God.
    -- Albert Scott Crossfield

#Pilots #Aviation #Sometimes

• I always wanted to be on Glee. As soon as the pilot aired, I said I needed to be on the show.
    -- Alex Newell

#Glee #Pilots #Said

• I'm actively looking at pilots in the very limited pilot season that is about to begin. Lots of work for my clothing line which is extremely exciting.
    -- Alyssa Milano

#Lines #Pilots #Exciting

• Every pilot I've ever written, I've fallen deeply and madly in love with. It's the only way I work.
    -- Amy Sherman-Palladino

#Pilots #Way #Madly In Love

• I'm going to write a whole pilot and see if anyone's interested, and if not then I'll just live out the tortured life instead of showing it on TV.
    -- Andy Milonakis

#Writing #Pilots #Tvs

• Every first episode of a season has been crafted like another pilot.
    -- Anna Torv

#Pilots #Firsts #Episodes

• The only thing that I'm not willing to do is really stupid, horribly written sitcoms. It can be tempting during pilot season time, but I realized this a while ago when I almost signed my life away to a stupid pilot.
    -- Ari Graynor

#Stupid #Pilots #I Realized

• What do I tell the pilots to do?
    -- Barbara Olson

#September 11 #Pilots #September

• Any pilot can describe the mechanics of flying. What it can do for the spirit of man is beyond description.
    -- Barry Goldwater

#Men #Flying #Pilots

• I always wanted to be a pilot.
    -- Bo Jackson

#Pilots #Wanted

• You read a lot of pilots during pilot season, and not all of them really grab you.
    -- Brandon Jay McLaren

#Pilots

• There are a lot of good shows that don't get picked up. Like that Ben Stiller pilot, Heat Vision And Jack? That would have been a great show, but somehow it slipped by.
    -- Bret McKenzie

#Vision #Pilots #Heat

• I did some commercials and a couple of B movies, then a few pilots that didn't go anywhere. Eventually I did the pilot for Beverly Hills, 90210. The rest is history.
    -- Brian Austin Green

#Couple #Beverly Hills #Pilots

• I never intended to become a professional pilot. But, as I became more curious about aircraft, and, well, not being John Travolta, I realized that the only way I was ever going to fly a jet is if I got a job.
    -- Bruce Dickinson

#Jobs #Pilots #Way

• I'm trying to be as green as I can. As an airline pilot, I have a carbon footprint that's a size 10, so it's pretty hard.
    -- Bruce Dickinson

#Trying #Green #Pilots

• I don't watch the show - only bits and pieces of all of them. The only one I sat through was the pilot.
    -- Calista Flockhart

#Watches #Pieces #Pilots

• Why don't we just buy one airplane and let the pilots take turns flying it.
    -- Calvin Coolidge

#Airplane #Flying #Pilots

• Garcia wondered why people with JESUS stickers on their bumper always drove twenty miles per hour under the speed limit. If God was my co-pilot, he thought, I'd be doing a hundred and twenty.
    -- Carl Hiaasen

#Jesus #People #Pilots

• So, I'm happy to do that because it's a wonderful working relationship but I will be going out for pilot season for half hour work and that's the gamble I'm taking.
    -- Charisma Carpenter

#Going Out #Half #Pilots

• If I were, to pick out the most valuable personal traits of a fighter pilot, aggressiveness would rate high on the list. Time and again, I have seen aggressive action, even from a disadvantageous position, completely rout a powerful Nip formation.
    -- Charles H. MacDonald

#Powerful #Pilots #Lists

• There's always some pressure to achieve something. You make a pilot, but you don't know if you're going to get a show. And then, you make a show, but you don't know if people are going to watch. And then, people watch, but you don't know if enough people are watching.
    -- Charles Halford

#People #Watches #Pilots

• Accuracy means something to me. It's vital to my sense of values. I've learned not to trust people who are inaccurate. Every aviator knows that if mechanics are inaccurate, aircraft crash. If pilots are inaccurate, they get lost-sometimes killed. In my profession life itself depends on accuracy.
    -- Charles Lindbergh

#Mean #People #Pilots

• Great thoughts of your sin alone will drive you to despair; but great thoughts of Christ will pilot you into the haven of peace.
    -- Charles Spurgeon

#Despair #Pilots #Sin

• Each generation of pilots hopes that they will leave their profession better off than they found it.
    -- Chesley Sullenberger

#Generations #Pilots #Found

• "What's the next thing that's going to kill me?" is a mantra for pilots and astronauts.
    -- Chris Hadfield

#Pilots #Next #Astronaut

• Well, it's difficult to fall in love with a character when you just read the pilot. You don't really know who the character is.
    -- Christina Ricci

#Falling In Love #Character #Pilots

• If you want to grow old as a pilot, you've got to know when to push it, and when to back off.
    -- Chuck Yeager

#Want #Pilots #Grows

• There's no such thing as a natural-born pilot.
    -- Chuck Yeager

#Pilots #Natural #Born

• The best pilots fly more than the others; that's why they're the best.
    -- Chuck Yeager

#Pilots

• Once embarked on a course of sensationalism, the composer is forced into a descending spiral spin from which only the most experienced pilot can flatten out in time.
    -- Constant Lambert

#Pilots #Spirals #Descending

• I decided I'd never do a series again, but I was offered a pilot for a series through Eddy Murphy Productions, and that was the gig that got me Parker Lewis.
    -- Corin Nemec

#Pilots #Gigs #Murphy

• We realized what a spot we were in. We had to deliver the goods, or else there wouldn't ever be another chance for women pilots in any part of the service.
    -- Cornelia Fort

#Pilots #Another Chance #Spots

• In between shooting for Awake, I was attempting to have my own pilot season. The audition for Anger Management actually came during a week that I was already testing for a couple other shows and we werent really letting any other shows into the mix.
    -- Daniela Bobadilla

#Couple #Shooting #Pilots

• I've done 10 or 11 pilots for network television, which is ridiculous.
    -- Dave Chappelle

#Done #Television #Pilots

• Aggressiveness was a fundamental to success in airtoair combat and if you ever caught a fighter pilot in a defensive mood you had him licked before you started shooting.
    -- David McCampbell

#Fundamentals #Shooting #Pilots

• In aviation they have auto pilot and color radar and a lot of other instrumentation that is a backup for pilots. It's really brought the incidents of plane crashes way down. Same thing ought to happen in the medical industry, I think.
    -- Dennis Quaid

#Thinking #Color #Pilots

• This is stolen? We're in a stolen jet?" "Not stolen," said Donegan Bane from the co-pilot's seat. "Almost stolen," Grascious corrected. "Semi-stolen," said Donegan. "Quasi stolen," said Grascious. Aurora's frown did not turn upside down. "So is it stolen or not?" Donegan and Grascious hesitated. "Yes,"they both said toghether.
    -- Derek Landy

#Aurora #Pilots #Upside Down

• I did do an American pilot, but it wasnt shot in America, it was shot in South Africa. It was called The Philanthropist, and it was for NBC.
    -- Dominique McElligott

#Nbc #America #Pilots

• I did a pilot for HBO, called One Percent, that they didn't end up picking up, but it was a pretty intense and dramatic piece.
    -- Donal Logue

#Hbo #Pieces #Pilots

• I did pilots here and there but mostly I was doing little bits in movies.
    -- Donal Logue

#Littles #Pilots

• Nothing's worse than telling your family you got a pilot, hearing the pilot got picked up, and then finding out it's not in the fall lineup.
    -- Dreama Walker

#Fall #Pilots #Hearing

• And, I wouldn't consider myself to be a natural pilot; I've had to work at it.
    -- Duane G. Carey

#Pilots #Natural

• When I went to the moon I was a pragmatic test pilot. But when I saw the planet Earth floating in the vastness of space the presence of divinity became almost palpable and I knew that life in the universe was not just an accident.
    -- Edgar Mitchell

#Moon #Space #Pilots

• I realized how important it was to know something about aviation, and it was something I was interested in, so I followed my brother's footsteps and obtained my pilot's license.
    -- Ellen Ochoa

#Brother #Important #Pilots

• And let's get one thing straight. There's a big difference between a pilot and an aviator. One is a technician; the other is an artist in love with flight.
    -- Elrey Borge Jeppesen

#Artist #Differences #Pilots

• It was my view that no kill was worth the life of a wingman. . . . Pilots in my unit who lost wingmen on this basis were prohibited from leading a [section]. The were made to fly as wingman, instead.
    -- Erich Hartmann

#Views #Pilots #Lost

• Flying is hypnotic and all pilots are willing victims to the spell.
    -- Ernest K. Gann

#Flying #Pilots #Victim

• I never thought of doing anything but comics, except maybe being a pilot.
    -- Ernie Colon

#Pilots

• Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive.
    -- Ernie Pyle

#Alive #World #Pilots

• To be a great pilot you have to make a pact with the devil, but don't let him swallow you up.
    -- Ernst Udet

#Devil #Pilots #Pact

• Any group of persons – prisoners, primitives, pilots, or patients – develop a life of their own that becomes meaningful, reasonable and normal once you get close to it.
    -- Erving Goffman

#Meaningful #Groups #Pilots

• I'm 100 percent sure I'm becoming a really good helicopter pilot.
    -- Felix Baumgartner

#Pilots #Becoming #Helicopters

• A superior pilot uses his superior judgment to avoid situations which require the use of his superior skill.
    -- Frank Borman

#Skills #Use #Pilots

• The principal task of a conductor is not to put himself in evidence but to disappear behind his functions as much as possible. We are pilots, not servants.
    -- Franz Liszt

#Tasks #Pilots #Disappear

• The management question, therefore, is not whether to build a pilot system and throw it away. You will do that. Hence plan to throw one away; you will, anyhow.
    -- Fred Brooks

#Pilots #Management #Plans

• If you go to pilot then you are probably going to go to series. That's my feeling about it.
    -- Gabriel Macht

#Feelings #Pilots

• The philosopher is Nature's pilot. And there you have our difference: to be in hell is to drift: to be in heaven is to steer.
    -- George Bernard Shaw

#Differences #Heaven #Pilots

• Here's to the pilot that weathered the storm.
    -- George Canning

#Storm #Pilots

• Life’s better with company.  Everybody needs a co-pilot.
    -- George Clooney

#Needs #Pilots #Company

• At best, the true philosopher can fulfil his mission very imperfectly, which is to pilot himself, or at most a few voluntary companions who may find themselves in the same boat.
    -- George Santayana

#May #Pilots #Philosopher

• Every pilot thinks they're the best pilot in the world. I think I'm the best pilot.
    -- Gordon Bethune

#Thinking #World #Pilots

• Who was the best pilot I ever saw? You're lookin' at 'im.
    -- Gordon Cooper

#Pilots #Saws

• While flying with several other USAF pilots over Germany in 1957, we sighted numerous radiant flying discs above us. We couldn't tell how high they were. We couldn't get anywhere near their altitude.
    -- Gordon Cooper

#Flying #Pilots #Germany

• We asked Jane Fonda if she would like to meet American pilots in Hanoi, but she refused, she didn't want to.
    -- Hanoi Hannah

#Want #Pilots #Hanoi

• This is why being a helicopter pilot is so different from being an airplane pilot, and why in generality, airplane pilots are open, clear-eyed, buoyant extroverts, and helicopter pilots are brooding introspective anticipators of trouble. They know if something bad has not happened it is about to.
    -- Harry Reasoner

#Airplane #Extroverts #Pilots

• What is it in fact, this learning to fly? To be precise, it is 'to learn NOT to fly wrong.' To learn to become a pilot is to learn - not to let oneself fly too slowly. Not to let oneself turn without accelerating. Not to cross the controls. Not to do this, and not to do that. . . . To pilot is negation.
    -- Henri Mignet

#Pilots #Facts #Crosses

• We need not fear shipwreck when God is the pilot.
    -- Henry Ward Beecher

#God #Needs #Pilots

• But the other thing is that I feel very confident in the individual pilots. They are tremendous individuals. They are individuals that have sworn to protect and defend our very citizens. That's why we serve.
    -- Hugh Shelton

#Citizens #Pilots #Individual

• At that time [1909] the chief engineer was almost always the chief test pilot as well. That had the fortunate result of eliminating poor engineering early in aviation.
    -- Igor Sikorsky

#Engineering #Pilots #Tests

• My dad is a pilot so I think I was born with the travel bug.
    -- Isabel Lucas

#Dad #Thinking #Pilots

• After the war, in which I served as a pilot in the Air Force, I took up films.
    -- Ivor Novello

#War #Air #Pilots

• I had a flight trainer who is one of the biggest and most famous helicopter pilots the world.
    -- Izabella Scorupco

#World #Pilots #Flight

• In the case of pilots, it is a little touch of madness that drive us to go beyond all known bounds. Any search into the unknown is an incomparable exploitation of oneself.
    -- Jacqueline Auriol

#Littles #Pilots #Aviation

• It is wonderful how cheered a pilot becomes after he shoots down his first machine; his morale increases by at least 100 percent.
    -- James Ira Thomas Jones

#Machines #Pilots #Firsts

• I shall never forget my admiration for that German pilot, who single handed, fought seven of us for ten minutes. I saw him go into a fairly steep dive and so I continued to watch, and then saw the triplane hit the ground and disappear into a thousand fragments, for it seemed to me that it literally went into powder.
    -- James McCudden

#Watches #Pilots #Saws

• I think aerobatic pilots make the best pilots because you know, you're just so confident in an aeroplane. If you're gonna get into trouble, I'd rather be with someone that's a skilled aerobatic pilot.
    -- Janine Shepherd

#Thinking #Pilots #Trouble

• The time is gonna fly! You better make sure you're the pilot!
    -- John Addison

#Pilots

• When I was younger I wanted to be an airline pilot, but that lasted for about 30 seconds.
    -- John Barrowman

#Pilots #Airline Pilots #Airline

• I didn't turn with the enemy pilots as a rule. I might make one turn to see what the situation was but not often. It was too risky.
    -- John C. Meyer

#Enemy #Pilots #Might

• The true exceptional performer is on super pilot. Every single sense, every fiber of his body is brought together in what he is doing.
    -- John Eliot

#Together #Body #Pilots

• In a calm sea every man is a pilot.
    -- John Ray

#Men #Sea #Pilots

• I've done a lot of pilots. A lot of shows. You're young and you do a job just because you know someone gave you a job.
    -- John Slattery

#Jobs #Done #Pilots

• To be a good fighter pilot, there is one prime requisite think fast, and act faster.
    -- John Trevor Godfrey

#Thinking #Pilots #Fighter

• JJ Abrams is definitely a guy that when he calls, you want to answer. He's incredibly focused. When he was shooting the pilot on 'Lost,' we'd do a take and he'd go back to his tent and be working on the first episodes of 'Lost' as well as the cliffhanger for the eighth season of 'Alias.' He's an incredible multitasker.
    -- Jorge Garcia

#Guy #Want #Pilots

• Pilots are a rare kind of human. They leave the ordinary surface of the word, to purify their soul in the sky, and they come down to earth, only after receiving the communion of the infinite.
    -- Jose Maria Velasco Ibarra

#Sky #Soul #Pilots

• I did a pilot for Anything But Love in 1988 that didn't sell.
    -- Kathryn Bigelow

#Pilots

• I'll admit I wanted to be a pilot, originally.
    -- Kent McCord

#Pilots #Wanted

• An airplane might disappoint any pilot but it'll never surprise a good one.
    -- Len Morgan

#Airplane #Pilots #Might

• I didn't know a lot about Amelia before I started flying. And as a woman and a pilot, I should have known more.
    -- Linda Finch

#Flying #Pilots #Amelia

• On Masters of Sex, especially in the pilot, everybody was showing up word-perfect, and youre expected to show up word-perfect.
    -- Lizzy Caplan

#Sex #Perfect #Pilots

• A pilot who says he has never been frightened in an airplane is, I'm afraid, lying.
    -- Louise Thaden

#Lying #Airplane #Pilots