Disrespect quotes

• My critique of democracy begins and ends with this point. Kids must be educated to disrespect authority or else democracy is a farce.
    -- Abbie Hoffman

#Kids #Disrespect #Democracy

• Disrespect earns the displeasure of the creator and the creation.
    -- Abdul-Qadir Gilani

#Islamic #Disrespect #Creation

• They allow us to disrespect our Black woman. A lot of these things would be considered criminal if it were to be carried out in the streets. That's like when they tell you after you buy your VHS and you rent movies they tell you not to copy the movies.
    -- Afrika Bambaataa

#Disrespect #Black #Criminals

• Our disrespect for thinking: someone sitting in a chair, gazing out of a window blankly, always described as 'doing nothing'.
    -- Alain de Botton

#Thinking #Disrespect #Gazing

• There's no reason to trade insults. We have our way of life and they have theirs. I wouldn't live as they do, but disrespect seems pointless. I'm sure there are good people among them.
    -- Alexei Panshin

#People #Disrespect #Way

• Disrespect is the weapon of the weak
    -- Alice Miller

#Disrespect #Weapons #Weak

• If Somebody disrespects me they will pay for it. I promise
    -- Anderson Silva

#Disrespect #Promise #Pay

• Somehow we can't live outside the politics of race. There's something very deep in all of us, that is taught to us when we are very, very little. Which is the disrespect and fear of the other.
    -- Anna Deavere Smith

#Race #Disrespect #Littles

• I have a lot of disrespect for people who cheat. I feel like if you're in a position in a relationship where you want to see other people, and the opportunity to cheat comes up, don't.
    -- Avan Jogia

#Opportunity #People #Disrespect

• One thing I don't like is when you disrespect the law.
    -- Barack Obama

#Law #Disrespect

• They [ Respublicans] wanna argue the sensational which is about abort not certain cases of abortion, but the fact is it's a fundamental disrespect for women - women's judgment about the sizing and time of their families.
    -- Barack Obama

#Abortion #Disrespect #Fundamentals

• There's a lot of disrespect in the major leagues. I believe that the disrespect in the major leagues is at a high rate and is really bad for the gam
    -- Bengie Molina

#Believe #League #Disrespect

• I hate to compare anything, especially while I'm promoting. I feel that's another disrespect, but 'Ocean's 13' is the best movie I've ever done in my life. No question.
    -- Bernie Mac

#Hate #Ocean #Disrespect

• Preservation of one's own culture does not require contempt or disrespect for other cultures.
    -- Cesar Chavez

#Other Cultures #Diversity #Disrespect

• I'm not trying to disrespect anybody by saying this - I'm not sure I feel any interaction with Asian America in any collective sense. - It's like, when you're telling me this right now, my reaction is, Really? Asian America knows about me?
    -- Chad Hugo

#America #Disrespect #Trying

• I'm like Demerol... No disrespect to the Jacksons, but I kill mics.
    -- Cyhi the Prynce

#Rap #Hip Hop #Disrespect

• Confidence is one thing, disrespect is quite another. (Justice Elizabeth Knight)
    -- David Baldacci

#Knights #Justice #Disrespect

• Only once in my life was I on the edge of incivility. I do not like to be unkind.
    -- David Rockefeller

#Disrespect #Incivility #Unkind

• I no longer see Descartes' statement as arbitrary. It is representative of our culture's narcissism. This narcissism leads to a disturbing disrespect for direct experience and a negation of the body.
    -- Derrick Jensen

#Disrespect #Culture #Arbitrary

• I'm not going to disrespect you, don't disrespect me.
    -- DMX

#Disrespect

• i expected demands. he gifted me with tenderness. i expected ego. he let me experiment. i expected disrespect. he called me beautiful. i expected him to expect perfection. he taught me all i needed to know.
    -- Ellen Hopkins

#Beautiful #Perfection #Disrespect

• For what it's worth, I've been a hip-hopper from birth. Try to disrespect, and get your ***** played up like a Smurf.
    -- Extra P

#Rap #Hip Hop #Disrespect

• Respect depicts acceptance while disrespect is rejection.
    -- Fawad Afzal Khan

#Acceptance #Rejection #Disrespect

• That showed a total lack of disrespect from the player.
    -- Garth Crooks

#Football #Player #Disrespect

• Impertinence will intermeddle in things in which it has no concern, showing a want of breeding, or, more commonly, a spirit of sheer impudence.
    -- George Crabbe

#Disrespect #Want #Spirit

• We are often told we are materialistic. It seems to me, we are not materialistic enough. We have a disrespect for materials. We use it quickly and carelessly. If were genuinely materialistic people, we would understand where materials come from and where they go to. But, at the moment, the entire global economy seems to be built on the model of digging things up from one hole in the ground on one side of the earth, transporting them around the world, using them for a few days, and sticking them in a hole in the ground on the other side of the world.
    -- George Monbiot

#People #Disrespect #Digging

• Contempt mates well with pity.
    -- Gloria Naylor

#Disrespect #Pity #Mates

• Gentleness in the gait is what simplicity is in the dress. Violent gestures or quick movements inspire involuntary disrespect.
    -- Honore de Balzac

#Simplicity #Inspire #Disrespect

• You're not going to be liked by everybody when you speak the truth. I don't speak the truth to put people down; I don't speak the truth to show disrespect.
    -- Hope Solo

#People #Disrespect #Speak

• Some libs took offense at my David Broder quip earlier. In my own defense, I was taught in college it's OK to disrespect dead white males.
    -- James Taranto

#College #White #Disrespect

• On a grander scale, when a society segregates itself, the consequences affect the economy, the emotions, and the ecology. That's one reason why it's easy for pro-lifers to eat factory-raised animals that disrespect everything sacred about creation. And that is why it's easy for rabid environmentalists to hate chainsaws even though they snuggle into a mattress supported by a black walnut bedstead.
    -- Joel Salatin

#Hate #Animal #Disrespect

• Groups like the NAACP, The Anti-Defamation League, NOW and GLAAD, will respond to derisive language directed at their constituents. The price paid by those who cavalierly chose to verbally disrespect the dignity of African Americans, Jews, women and homosexuals is steep.
    -- John C. McGinley

#League #Disrespect #African American

• Incivility is the extreme of pride; it is built on the contempt of mankind.
    -- John G. Zimmerman

#Pride #Disrespect #Incivility

• I would never disrespect anyone.
    -- Juan Pablo Galavis

#Disrespect

• Don't accept less than what it is that you know that you want. Don't allow someone to be a jerk. Don't allow someone to disrespect you. Listen to the bigger voice in your head telling you that you deserve the best, whatever that is whatever that is you decide you like for yourself. It may differ from what I like or what is ideal for me. But the bottom line is to never accept less than what you know you deserve.
    -- Kimora Lee Simmons

#Voice #Disrespect #May

• Irreverence not only shows disrespect to Deity but also makes it hard for the Spirit to teach us the things we need to know.
    -- L. Lionel Kendrick

#Disrespect #Needs #Irreverence

• Wikipedia lacks the habit or tradition of respect for expertise. As a community, far from being elitist (which would, in this context, mean excluding the unwashed masses), it is anti-elitist (which, in this context, means that expertise is not accorded any special respect, and snubs and disrespect of expertise is tolerated).
    -- Larry Sanger

#Mean #Community #Disrespect

• You must learn to respect," Papa said. But I do not respect her," I said. Papa paused for a moment, and patted my leg. "Then you must learn to hide your disrespect.
    -- Lawrence Hill

#Disrespect #Papa #Legs

• Abusive language and swearing are a legacy of slavery, humiliation, and disrespect for human dignity, one’s own and that of other people.
    -- Leon Trotsky

#People #Disrespect #Legacy

• In the minds of great managers, consistent poor performance is not primarily a matter of weakness, stupidity, disobedience, or disrespect. It is a matter of miscasting.
    -- Marcus Buckingham

#Stupidity #Disrespect #Mind

• If we as a people realized the greatness from which we came we would be less likely to disrespect ourselves.
    -- Marcus Garvey

#Greatness #People #Disrespect

• That bad manners are so prevalent in the world is the fault of good manners.
    -- Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

#Disrespect #Good Man #World

• You don't have permission to disrespect yourself.
    -- Martin de Maat

#Disrespect #Permission

• Disrespect cannot be commanded, it must be earned.
    -- Matthew Taberner

#Disrespect #Insult

• Don't disrespect the sword marshmallow.
    -- Michael Buckley

#Disrespect #Marshmallow

• If you [Americans] behave with disrespect - even just a little bit - [the Iranian people] will punch you in the mouth so hard that all your devouring teeth will fall off.
    -- Mohammed Emami-Kashani

#Fall #People #Disrespect

• I'm a mama's boy because everything I do is with respect to my mother. I won't do a movie or a video that would bring disrespect to my mother.
    -- Mr. T

#Mother #Boys #Disrespect

• I don't want to disrespect hip-hop by being something I'm not. I'm Pooch Hall. My strength is in front the camera and holding dialogue.
    -- Pooch Hall

#Hip Hop #Disrespect #Want

• That it has pleased God to make Holy Scripture obscure in certain places lest, if it were perfectly clear to all, it might be vulgarized and subjected to disrespect or be so misunderstood by people of limited intelligence as to lead them into error.
    -- Pope Gregory VII

#Errors #People #Disrespect

• No disrespect to anyone. I just didn't know where the flag was.
    -- Ray Emery

#Disrespect #Flags

• If I were dictator, I'd have a catch-all crime of disrespect.
    -- Richard Griffiths

#Disrespect #Dictator #Crime

• I was taught you never, ever disrespect your opponent or your teammates or your organization or your manager and never, ever your uniform.
    -- Ryne Sandberg

#Sports #Organization #Disrespect

• No disrespect to the country. It's a wonderful place, the... where's he gone again?
    -- Steve Bruce

#Country #Football #Disrespect

• The essence of American racism is disrespect.
    -- Ta-Nehisi Coates

#Essence #Racism #Disrespect

• No disrespect to Kyle Orton, who's been solid and stable for both the Broncos and the Bears, but I think the upside for Tim Tebow is greater right now.
    -- Terrell Davis

#Thinking #Disrespect #Bears

• Forgive me for my disrespect, forgive me for my lies.
    -- The Notorious B.I.G.

#Lying #Forgive Me #Disrespect

• Please, all you MCs out there, all you fans out there, don't think Big gonna make a record dissing 2Pac or the West Coast because it's not going down like that. I cant even see me wasting my time or my talent to disrespect another black man.
    -- The Notorious B.I.G.

#Men #Thinking #Disrespect

• No amount of money could make me play for Liverpool, that isn't disrespect to Liverpool or their fans, it's respect for Everton
    -- Tim Cahill

#Play #Disrespect #Fans

• I've had lots of parts in movies that I've never seen. I mean no disrespect to them. It was really fun to go act, but I'm not calling my friends and saying, 'I couldn't be more proud of this picture. You should go see it.
    -- Timothy Olyphant

#Fun #Mean #Disrespect

• Never make excuses for someone who disrespects you-who they are or what they do isn't a pass to treat you like trash!
    -- Trent Shelton

#Disrespect #Excuse #Trash

• A woman bought you into this world, so you have no right to disrespect one.
    -- Tupac Shakur

#Disrespect #World #This World

• I've got a good man. He takes care of me. I don't have to be scared of anything because I know he will kick every ass... disrespect him and you've got a problem.
    -- Whitney Houston

#Love #Men #Disrespect

• I am quite prepared, if we can do it without any disrespect to the Crown of England, to bring our titles to the marketplace and make a bonfire of them.
    -- Wilfrid Laurier

#Disrespect #England #Titles

• On the Continent, every attempt to substitute a lighter punishment for death was fiercely denounced as a direct violation of the Divine law. Indeed, some persons went so far as to question the lawfulness of strangling the witch before she was burnt. Her crime, they said, was treason against the Almighty, and therefore to punish it by any but the most agonizing deaths was an act of disrespect to Him. Besides, the penalty in the Levitical code was stoning, and stoning had been pronounced by the Jewish theologians to be a still more painful death than the stake.
    -- William Edward Hartpole Lecky

#Law #Punishment #Disrespect

• I don't go to clubs and throw money and pop bottles. That's not my thing, no disrespect.
    -- Yelawolf

#Disrespect #Bottles #Clubs

• I think that both Mill and Sidgwick are great and admirable philosophers, from whom we still have a lot to learn. I would not favor a form of Kantianism (if there is such a form) that treats Mill's or Sidgwick's moral philosophy with disrespect.
    -- Allen W. Wood

#Philosophy #Thinking #Disrespect

• I've only covered a few songs because I feel that if you're not going to go beyond the original artist in some way, then don't disrespect what they created.
    -- Dawn Angelique

#Song #Artist #Disrespect

• Contempt is the only way to triumph over calumny.
    -- Francoise d'Aubigne, Marquise de Maintenon

#Disrespect #Triumph #Way

• 17th century philosophers were not in a position to understand the mind as well as we can today, since the advent of experimental methods in psychology. It shows no disrespect for the brilliance of Descartes or Kant to acknowledge that the psychology which they worked with was primitive by comparison with what is available today in the cognitive sciences, any more than it shows disrespect for the brilliance of Aristotle to acknowledge that the physics he worked with does not compare with that of Newton or Einstein.
    -- Hilary Kornblith

#Psychology #Disrespect #Mind

• I came to a point where I couldn't walk into an urban store and find anything I liked. Everything was just getting too baggy, everything was getting so over [priced]. It's as if what I wanted in street wear was nowhere in stores, with no disrespect to any hip-hop brands.
    -- K-Maro

#Hip Hop #Disrespect #Hips

• When I stepped back from the gallery I was in a phase where I thought I wasn't going to be making work for a gallery context for a while. People were like, "You should never leave a gallery if you didn't have somewhere else to go," but I wasn't trying to disrespect the gallerists in that way.
    -- Kalup Linzy

#Somewhere Else #People #Disrespect

• I would tell new artists to be themselves. Show your talents first, have your own identity, don't try to be Lady Saw. If you're coming out to be like me, once you get in, return back to yourself, that's the only way you'll be happy. Don't come in trying to be me and then disrespect me.
    -- Lady Saw

#Artist #Return Back #Disrespect

• One of the hardest things in the world to say is "President Trump," and not out of disrespect - just because people have known him just as Donald Trump for so long. It would be like if people said, "He's a doctor now, call him Doctor Trump."
    -- Michael Che

#Long #People #Disrespect

• You don't have to disrespect and insult others simply to hold your own ground. If you do, that shows how shaky your own position is.
    -- Red Haircrow

#Life #Positive #Disrespect

• The Navajo, for example, regard their traditional lands as within the four sacred peaks. One of those sacred peaks is the San Francisco Peaks where the ski resort, one of the holiest, sacred mountains in Navajo cosmology. I mean, it's considered a horrible desecration. I mean, you know, put it into another cultural context and you wouldn't be able to think of that being, with any other racial group. But for Indians because, you know, we think they really don't care about land or they have primitive ideas or they don't have ownership, we completely disrespect that.
    -- Robert A. Williams, Jr.

#Mean #Thinking #Disrespect

• Surfeit begets insolence, when prosperity comes to a bad man.
    -- Theognis of Megara

#Men #Disrespect #Prosperity

• This act of piss, which can be considered sexual by some, a pleasurable experience, is at the same time total disrespect. I had once asked a friend to do this picture and he totally refused. So I carried the idea around with me for years. When I was invited to do a Honcho shoot, I approached Phillip, who was the barman at The London Apprentice, and fortunately he knew who I was. He had a copy of my first book, and that broke the ice. At the end of the shoot with him, I realized I could ask him to do this picture. I had waited four years to do it.
    -- Wolfgang Tillmans

#Book #Disrespect #Broke

• The bonds of trust between the United States and Israel have been frayed, but even the hostility and disrespect the Obama administration has shown has not severed those bonds.
    -- Adam Hasner

#Israel #Disrespect #United States

• When God made the planet, he made the plants, he made the animals, he made the Sun and the Moon, and he made us, and we're all interconnected, and when we disregard, disrespect, or damage any part of it, we do violence against creation.
    -- Naomi Oreskes

#Animal #Moon #Disrespect

• Sometimes it's hard to listen to new music and get motivated, because it's elementary to me - no disrespect to new artists, because that's where we started, too. But it's like they're way back there in first grade, and I'm in college.
    -- DJ Quik

#Artist #College #Disrespect

• I think there is a disrespect for the mind that Trump, for example, exemplifies. His is a kind of strategic thinking that's more about shrewdness than about intellect. His attack on "elites" is meant to rally his base to rebel against the powers that be - in Washington especially. I don't think he cares much about higher education per se; he just wants to demonstrate that learning isn't necessary for business or government. He wants to elevate mediocrity to a heroic virtue.
    -- Joan Wallach Scott

#Thinking #Disrespect #Mind