Validation quotes

• I think a lot of actors need validation. If you see truly amazing actors perform, they expose themselves to such an incredible degree. You can really see their pain.
    -- Alex Kingston

#Pain #Thinking #Validation

• Models are just mannequins seeking validation at the hands of sleazy fashion people.
    -- Amber Heard

#Fashion #Hands #Validation

• A majority vote is not an epistemological validation of an idea. Voting is merely a proper political device--within a strictly, constitutionall y delimited sphere of action--for choosing the practical means of implementing a society’s basic principles. But those principles are not determined by vote.
    -- Ayn Rand

#Mean #Ideas #Validation

• If you are any kind of an artist, then validation . . . can be a result, but you're going to do the work anyway.
    -- David Sedaris

#Artist #Validation #Kind

• Stop looking outside for scraps of pleasure or fulfillment, for validation, security, or love - you have a treasure within that is infinitely greater than anything the world can offer.
    -- Eckhart Tolle

#Love You #Positivity #Validation

• Those who have not found their true wealth, which is the radiant joy of Being and the deep, unshakable peace that comes with it, are beggars, even if they have great material wealth. They are looking outside for scraps of pleasure or fulfillment, for validation, security, or love, while they have a treasure within that not only includes all those things but is infinitely greater than anything the world can offer.
    -- Eckhart Tolle

#Validation #Joy #World

• The world needs women who stop asking for permission from the principal. Permission to live their lives as they deeply know they often should. I think we still look to authority figures for validation, recognition, permission.
    -- Elizabeth Gilbert

#Thinking #Validation #Needs

• We have to recognise that the validation of identity comes through relationships we have and what we produce.
    -- Eva Cox

#Leadership #Validation #Identity

• Being published is not a necessary validation or a path everyone wants to take with their work. Writing—and finishing—a novel is a great thing in itself, whether or not the book is published, or becomes widely-read or not.
    -- Garth Nix

#Book #Writing #Validation

• It's so easy today to get swept up in celebrity fixation and materialism and searching for some validation outside of yourself when we know it's really found within and through meaningful connections with other people.
    -- Geoffrey S. Fletcher

#Meaningful #Validation #People

• Before you look for validation in others, try and find it in yourself
    -- Greg Behrendt

#Validation #Trying #Looks

• I'm secure in who I am. I don't need the validation of those that would say, you have to be a certain thing in order to be accepted. I'm comfortable going against the grain if I need to.
    -- J. C. Watts

#Who I Am #Order #Validation

• The Talker needs attention. The Talker needs validation. The Talker would rather talk about an idea than confront the complexities, its obstacles. The Talker wants the glory but none of the hard work.
    -- Jack Heffron

#Hard Work #Validation #Ideas

• Don't wait on approval, validation and likes from others - always give yourself the highest of approval ratings and work from there. Hold your head up and be fabulous no matter what!
    -- Jody Watley

#Validation #Giving #Waiting

• I think that the majority of messages are validating messages to confirm the survival of conscious. And many times that validation message is negative or sad.
    -- John Edward

#Thinking #Validation #Survival

• We need to break boundaries, so every time I feel like, "Oh snap, oh my God, I don't know how this is gonna be received," I also feel this validation, like, "All the greats, all my favorites have felt this."
    -- Jordan Peele

#Validation #Needs #Boundaries

• Amazingly, 85 percent of prescribed standard medical treatments across the board lack scientific validation, according to the New York Times. Richard Smith, editor of the British Medical Journal, suggests that this is partly because only one percent of the articles in medical journals are scientifically sound, and partly because many treatments have never been assessed at all.
    -- Kenny Ausubel

#New York #Editors #Validation

• You do learn things and one of them is that happiness has nothing to do with validation from other people, the important thing is being happy with yourself ... finding something that is important to you and sticking with it no matter what anyone says. The truth is you've got to really be tough because there are all kinds of forces that are always trying to get you to do things their way ... trying to tell you that you are throwing your life away if you don't follow their advice.
    -- Kurt Cobain

#Validation #People #Advice

• The more validation I need, the less discernment I have.
    -- Kurt Hanks

#Confidence #Validation #Needs

• I don't need validation, recognition or praise. What I need are facts and the facts are that one of my books gets sold, somewhere in the world, every second.
    -- Lee Child

#Book #Validation #Needs

• I have never, ever sought validation from the arbiters of British poetic taste,
    -- Linton Kwesi Johnson

#Validation #Taste #Poetic

• When I was 13, I told Henry Winkler I wanted to act. He said, Do it and don't let anyone stand in your way. His validation just made it all the more true. I haven't stopped thanking him since.
    -- Marlee Matlin

#Validation #Way #Said

• You become funny for a reason. I became an actor because that's who I was, nothing else - it was the only thing I was good at. You become a clown and you make people laugh because a) it protects you from everything, and b) it's this validating force in your life. And when you're 12 and 13 years old, you need validation and you're lost and you're kind of floating and you suffer from a severe learning disability and you're overweight and you have glasses... you become funny for a reason.
    -- Matthew Lillard

#Glasses #Years #Validation

• I think most models, when they start out, are insecure. And you become the focus of a lot of people's attention, so outside validation becomes too important.
    -- Maud Adams

#Insecure #Thinking #Validation

• I think the most attractive thing for me when I meet a guy is confidence and him being comfortable in his own skin. I like someone who doesn't need approval or validation.
    -- Minka Kelly

#Thinking #Validation #Guy

• The logic of validation allows us to move between the two limits of dogmatism and skepticism.
    -- Paul Ricoeur

#Moving #Validation #Two

• I don't live my life seeking validation from people on social media.
    -- Ricki-Lee Coulter

#Media #Validation #People

• A lot of people say this honor validates my career, but I didn't work hard for validation.
    -- Ryne Sandberg

#Sports #Hard Work #Validation

• Most of us want to tell our coworkers or friends, or husbands or wives, our ideas. For what reason? We want validation. But I feel ideas are most vulnerable in their infancy. Out of love and concern, friends and family give all the reasons or objections on why [you] shouldn't do it. I didn't want to risk that.
    -- Sara Blakely

#Husband #Validation #Ideas

• Don't solicit feedback on your product, idea or your business just for validation purposes. You want to tell the people who can help move your idea forward, but if you're just looking to your friend, co-worker, husband or wife for validation, be careful. It can stop a lot of multimillion-dollar ideas in their tracks in the beginning.
    -- Sara Blakely

#Husband #Moving #Validation

• When we consistently suppress and distrust our intuitive knowingness, looking instead for authority, validation, and approval from others, we give our personal power away.
    -- Shakti Gawain

#Validation #Giving #Approval

• People can think whatever they like. I don't desire their validation.
    -- Tahereh Mafi

#Thinking #Validation #People

• He was waiting for something from me. Acknowledgement. Validation. Commiseration, perhaps. I couldn’t even look at him because I was afraid of feeling any more than I already did.
    -- Tiffanie DeBartolo

#Validation #Waiting #Feelings

• The big downside to the global village that the Internet has created is that nothing has time to grow out of the public gaze and, even more dangerous, whatever your personal interests might be, there will always be someone somewhere to provide validation and encouragement.
    -- Derek Ridgers

#Encouragement #Validation #Might

• I'm insecure, and I need the validation of strangers to feel whole. So, I need every single racist 12-year-old on the Internet to like me, or I don't feel complete.
    -- Eric Andre

#Insecure #Years #Validation

• Sometimes, as a young artist, I was looking for validation to know I was good enough, and that's what the initial audition gave me. It made me feel like I was doing something right, even if it is a scary or unstable path.
    -- Erin Willett

#Artist #Validation #Scary

• I always tell people, don't worry about the haters, you are not a jackass whisperer. You have to be enough. You have to be your own validation.
    -- Jane Park

#Validation #People #Worry

• I've tried to use the recognition as validation that I'm doing the kind of work that people are interested in and to feel that my work is a contribution.
    -- Jerry Pinkney

#Validation #People #Use

• If somebody sings a song that I wrote, I feel like its a nice point of validation for the song, because it shows that the song is able to stand on its own. I like that.
    -- Jesse Harris

#Song #Nice #Validation

• Look inside, without anyone else's validation understand that you are valuable, talented, unique, and worthy.
    -- Joe Sacco

#Unique #Validation #Looks

• That you will feel the validation of your external beauty but also get to the deeper business of being beautiful inside. There is no shade in that beauty.
    -- Lupita Nyong'o

#Beautiful #Validation #Shade

• Women have to learn where their true source of validation is.
    -- Maureen Murdock

#Validation #Source

• I'm just a proud papa and it's nice to get that validation from my colleagues in the industry. You get up, you pull your pants down and you're like, "Here it is!"
    -- Richard Patrick

#Nice #Validation #Proud

• You're treated as though you're just a piece of meat, and you're there for consumption by men. I feel like the common thing is men feeling entitled to treat you how they want to treat you. You never feel as though you have a right to the space. And so that's the theme behind most of the posters - "I'm not outside for your entertainment" and "I'm not seeking your validation."
    -- Tatyana Fazlalizadeh

#Men #Validation #Space

• Know that God has a plan for your life. Turn your life over to him every day. Stop looking outside yourself for validation and approval-you're letting other people define your happiness. Instead of trying so hard to manipulate life, take care of yourself on the inside. Then all those other attributes you're so desperately seeking will find you eventually.
    -- Trisha

#Validation #People #Trying

• There's nothing more exciting than to have a project that you like, that you're proud of, and you're waiting for that validation for the world to see it and say, "Yeah! You know what? That was pretty damn funny!"
    -- Will Packer

#Validation #Waiting #World

• An artist doesn't necesetharily have to get acclaim from the outside. Maybe it is much better if he can get validation from within.
    -- Aaron Rose

#Artist #Validation #Acclaim

• This might sound masochistic or narcissistic‚ I don't know‚ but when I'm not playing the game‚ the validations I feel about life are always through the hardships. I relate more to sadness‚ in a lot of ways‚ when I'm not playing.
    -- Abby Wambach

#Sadness #Games #Validation

• You're learning to be nourished by the love you give, not by the validation offered in response to your giving.
    -- Matthew Kahn

#Love You #Validation #Giving

• I think that you should just create if you have the urge to create. There's a lot of other careers you can pursue to seek attention. If people want validation, there are other ways to get that.
    -- Hannah Hart

#Thinking #Validation #Careers

• Make sure your decision to have a child is based on the need to share your life completely with another little human being and not because of some personal need for validation as a woman.
    -- Iman Abdulmajid

#Children #Validation #Decision