Splits quotes

• Without awareness of bodily feeling and attitude, a person becomes split into a disembodied spirit and a disenchanted body.
    -- Alexander Lowen

#Attitude #Feelings #Splits

• For a split second they stared at each other. A fleeting, lasting moment. One person noticing another person out of a whole crowd of strangers.
    -- Alexandra Potter

#Crowds #Splits #Fleeting

• The attempt is all the wedge that splits its knotty way betwixt the impossible and possible.
    -- Alice Cary

#Splits #Way #Action

• Nothing is as dangerous in architecture as dealing with separated problems. If we split life into separated problems we split the possibilities to make good building art.
    -- Alvar Aalto

#Art #Design #Splits

• Stones are checked every so often to see if any have split or at worst exploded. An explosion can leave debris in the elements so the firing has to be abandoned.
    -- Andy Goldsworthy

#Artist #Elements #Splits

• I thought about how one tiny decision can change a life. A decision that takes only a split second to make.
    -- Anita Shreve

#Decision #Splits #Tiny

• But it was the singing that pulled me in and split me wide open.
    -- Anne Lamott

#Singing #Splits

• Because in a split second, it's gone.
    -- Ayrton Senna

#Gone #Splits

• Name and date split in soft slate a few months obliterate. 166
    -- Basil Bunting

#Names #Splits #Months

• Air power is indivisible. If you split it up into compartments, you merely pull it to pieces and destroy its greatest asset - its flexibility.
    -- Bernard Law Montgomery

#Air #Pieces #Splits

• I want you to make u and go halfzies on this cake. K? But. . . I want a piece too, so i guess we'll have to go thirdzies. . . Awwww, we're not going to be able to split the strawberry on top though. What should we do? Maybe I should just take it after all strawberries are my favorite. . . oh! I forgot to ask Hiku-chan, Kau-chan do you like strawberries? -Hunny
    -- Bisco Hatori

#Cake #Pieces #Splits

• Any time the country is split 50/50, the leader is wrong.
    -- Charles Evers

#Country #Leader #Splits

• Scientists are like atomic nuclei. They are more easily split than fused....
    -- Charles Osgood

#Nucleus #Splits #Scientist

• What do we leave behind when we cross each frontier? Each moment seems split in two: melancholy for what was left behind and the excitement of entering a new land.
    -- Che Guevara

#Land #Two #Splits

• I am a woman with a foot in both worlds; and I refuse the split. I feel the necessity for dialogue. Sometimes I feel it urgently.
    -- Cherrie Moraga

#Feet #World #Splits

• Life is savagely unfair. It ignores our deep-seated convictions and places a disproportionate emphasis on the decisions we make in split seconds.
    -- Chris Cleave

#Decision #Splits #Life Is

• I blow up fireworks all the time, and I love making milkshakes and banana splits.
    -- Chris Isaak

#Blow #Splits #Bananas

• My partner and I won the race, and I threw my hat into the air and bent to pick it up. Everyone started laughin' because I had split the back end of my pants out, and I wasn't wearing shorts.
    -- Chris LeDoux

#Race #Air #Splits

• Music is split up now into little pockets.
    -- Chris Martin

#Pockets #Splits #Littles

• I am made of endless hours. Not just split seconds.
    -- Christophe Lemaitre

#Splits #Hours #Made

• There's moments when you have to make a split-second decision that will form you for the rest of your life.
    -- Dash Mihok

#Decision #Splits #Moments

• The hardest thing about being productive is not the work, but the split second it takes to decide to take control.
    -- David Allen

#Splits #Hardest #Productive

• Quantum theory was split up into dialects. Different people describe the same experiences in remarkably different languages. This is confusing even to physicists.
    -- David Finkelstein

#People #Confusing #Splits

• Comedy is the most difficult. Comic timing is something which you either have it in you, or you don't. You have to have a good sense of humour to be able to understand it. A split second can make you lose the punch.
    -- Deepika Padukone

#Splits #Able #Comedy

• Images split the truth in fractions.
    -- Denise Levertov

#Splits #Fractions

• And our dreams, with what frivolity we have pared them like toenails, clipped them like ends of split hair.
    -- Denise Levertov

#Dream #Hair #Splits

• If we Americans are split into two meaningful camps, it is not conservative versus liberal. The two camps are the politically awake and the hypnotized.
    -- Doris "Granny D" Haddock

#Meaningful #Two #Splits

• My mother says I used to breast-feed in a split.
    -- Dree Hemingway

#Mother #Splits #Used

• Before the operation on my left hand I wasn't able to stretch my fingers open all the way. I've never had very big hands, but I could do the splits with them. Eventually I couldn't any more. I had a twisted tendon in my little finger that prevented me from being able to stretch.
    -- Eddie Van Halen

#Hands #Left Hand #Splits

• You cannot separate the composition from the life of the moment. It is all one thing, to be decided in a split second while you're living through it.
    -- Edwin Land

#Splits #Moments #Composition

• An old earthen pipe like myself is dry and thirsty and so a most voracious drinker of life at its source; I'm no more to be split by the vital stream than if I were stone or steel.
    -- Elinor Wylie

#Steel #Dry #Splits

• The schizophrenic mind is not so much split as shattered. I like to say schizophrenia is like a waking nightmare.
    -- Elyn Saks

#Mind #Splits #Waking

• Obama, like Carter, is reacting to warning signs by seeking to split the difference between dispirited Democrats and increasingly radicalized Republicans.
    -- Eric Alterman

#Differences #Warning #Splits

• My parents' marriage was very rocky. They were always arguing. When they split up when I was in my 20s, my brother and I were both delighted because we knew they weren't good for each other.
    -- Gail Porter

#Brother #Parent #Splits

• Kevin Costner told me that 'True' was his and his wife's song. I'm not sure if that's a good thing because they split up soon after.
    -- Gary Kemp

#Song #Wife #Splits

• I like to do the splits onstage
    -- Gavin DeGraw

#Splits

• Over the last decade, economists seemed to share a broad consensus about economic policy, with the old splits between monetarists and Keynesians apparently being settled by events. But the Great Recession of the last two years has changed everything.
    -- Gavyn Davies

#Years #Two #Splits

• It is the custom of Venice to paint on canvas, either because it does not split and is not worm-eaten, or because pictures can be made of any size desired, or else for convenience... so that they can be sent anywhere with very little trouble and expense.
    -- Giorgio Vasari

#Venice #Doe #Splits

• I love animals. I couldn't eat a whole one but I'll split one with you if you want.
    -- Greg Proops

#Animal #Splits #Want

• Painting should educate and enrich. Modern painting merely offers a split-second emotion: You see it, you have an instant reaction and move on. Instead, real painting can be looked at over and over again and each time it has something new.
    -- Igor Babailov

#Real #Moving #Splits

• We emphasize that such a form of communication is not absent in man, however evanescent a naturally given object may be for him, split as it is in its submission to symbols.
    -- Jacques Lacan

#Communication #Men #Splits

• Hackman is able to live in the moment which means there is nothing for him at that split second than what is occurring in the scene.
    -- James Lipton

#Mean #Live In The Moment #Splits

• In one split second I saw everything I could be, everything I want to be. And all that I'm not.
    -- Jandy Nelson

#Splits #Want #Saws

• A pair of legs engineered to defy the laws of physics and a mindset to master the most epic of splits.
    -- Jean-Claude Van Damme

#Epic #Law #Splits

• When your parents split up, it's impossible to delude yourself about fairytale romance and happy endings.
    -- Jennifer Aniston

#Romance #Parent #Splits

• O God, split the heavens and come down! Manifest yourself somehow. Do what only you can do.
    -- Jim Cymbala

#Heaven #Splits #Manifest

• If Robert Benchley and Dorothy Parker had teamed up to write epic fantasy, something like Split Heirs might have resulted.
    -- John DeChancie

#Writing #Epic #Splits

• I hitchhiked, took trucks 'n' trains - anything that would pick me up. I stopped in Memphis for about six months and they found me and come got me. Stayed about a month an' split again.
    -- John Lee Hooker

#Pick Me Up #Splits #Memphis

• It's amazing how photography can capture just a split second of something exquisite.
    -- Kiera Cass

#Photography #Splits #Capture

• I did gymnastics when I was growing up and to this day I can still do the splits.
    -- Kristin Kreuk

#Growing Up #Gymnastics #Splits

• I used to be able to do the Chinese splits, where you open your legs sideways.
    -- Kylie Minogue

#Chinese #Legs #Splits

• Everything is divisible. And so is this colossus of U.S. imperialism. It can be split up and defeated.
    -- Lin Biao

#Splits #Defeated #Imperialism

• The split second she ceases to care is the only time a woman ceases to be attractive.
    -- Loretta Young

#Time #Care #Splits

• Such things as anguish, woe, affliction, guilt, feelings of awfulness, and utter wretchedness, the bread and butter of Days of Yore and Russians, sadly have very little staying power in these lickety-split Modern Times.
    -- Marisha Pessl

#Feelings #Guilt #Splits

• I had a somewhat frenetic childhood because my mum and dad split up when I was five, and then my mum remarried.
    -- Mark Ronson

#Dad #Childhood #Splits

• Phil has always been a fighter. He was getting in fights all the time. I told him that if he ever hit me then I would leave the band. He wanted to find out if I was telling him the truth. He hit me so I left and that is how UFO split up.
    -- Michael Schenker

#Fighting #Splits #Band

• Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you,
    -- Mikhail Prokhorov

#Doors #Splits #Lord

• You have to split, bend over backward, touch our toe to our heads to get recognized.
    -- Monique Coleman

#Splits #Toes

• What would happen if one woman told the truth about her life? The world would split open.
    -- Muriel Rukeyser

#Truth #Splits #World

• It's believing you can push through the exhaustion just to be able to sing after you do a cartwheel or a split.
    -- Naima Adedapo

#Believe #Splits #Able

• Write what disturbs you, what you fear, what you have not been willing to speak about. Be willing to be split open.
    -- Natalie Goldberg

#Fear #Writing #Splits

• We get together with people because they're the same or because they're different, and in the end we split with them for exactly the same reasons.
    -- Nick Hornby

#People #Together #Splits

• The world is split into two halves: the bacon, and the bacon eaters.
    -- Nick Offerman

#Life Changing #Two #Splits

• I've split my life between a few different disciplines.
    -- Nick Offerman

#Discipline #Splits #Different

• I love Neil Finn. I've loved everything he's done since Split Enz.
    -- Nik Kershaw

#Done #Splits

• For the only therapy is life. The patient must learn to live, to live with his split, his conflict, his ambivalence, which no therapy can take away, for if it could, it would take with it the actual spring of life.
    -- Otto Rank

#Spring #Splits #Patient

• United we stand, divided we fall. Let us not split into factions which must destroy that union upon which our existence hangs.
    -- Patrick Henry

#Fall #Unions #Splits

• Once in a while, life gives you a chance to measure your worth. Sometimes you're called upon to make a split-second decision to do the right thing, defining which way your life will go. These are the decisions that make you who you are.
    -- Perry Moore

#Giving #Decision #Splits

• I never knew how to throw a fastball, never learned how to throw a curveball, a slider, split-finger, whatever they're throwing nowadays. I was a one-pitch pitcher.
    -- Phil Niekro

#Splits #Curveballs #Throwing

• Life began on this planet when the first amoeba split. Mankind will still be seeking God, not accepting that God is a spirit; can't see it, touch it, only feel it. It's called LOVE.
    -- Phyllis Diller

#Splits #Firsts #Spirit

• My mother was the prettiest woman in the town. He was a bit older than her. They made me. And he split.
    -- Pierce Brosnan

#Mother #Splits #Towns

• Socrates splits himself into two, so that there are two Socrates: the Socrates who knows in advance how the discussion is going to end, and the Socrates who travels the entire dialectical path along with his interlocutor.
    -- Pierre Hadot

#Two #Path #Splits

• The more we split and pulverise matter artificially, the more insistently it proclaims its fundamental unity.
    -- Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

#Unity #Splits #Matter

• Is there anything worse for a state than to be split and disunited? or anything better than cohesion and unity?
    -- Plato

#Political #Unity #Splits

• The scientists split the atom; now the atom is splitting us.
    -- Quentin Reynolds

#Splits #Atoms #Scientist

• I am an artist and have no right buggering about with verbs and split infinitives, which is what being a writer says to me.
    -- Ralph Steadman

#Artist #Splits #Verbs

• When I split an infinitive, God damn it, I split it so it stays split.
    -- Raymond Chandler

#Splits #Infinitive

• Making money, it seems, is all about the velocity of moving it around, so that it can exist in Hong Kong one moment and Wall Street a split second later.
    -- Richard Dooling

#Wall #Moving #Splits

• Whole people see and create wholeness wherever they go; split people see and create splits in everything and everybody.
    -- Richard Rohr

#People #Splits #Wholeness

• This is where the evening splits in half, Henry, love or death. Grab an end, pull hard, and make a wish.
    -- Richard Siken

#Wish #Half #Splits

• God split himself into a myriad parts that he might have friends. This may not be true, but it sounds good, and is no sillier than any other theology.
    -- Robert A. Heinlein

#Religion #Splits #May

• My family came in 1635 from England and settled in Williamsburg. Shortly after, they split up; half went to New England and half stayed in Virginia. I'm a Virginian Ballard.
    -- Robert Ballard

#Virginia #Half #Splits

• Your life is the one place you have to spend yourself fully--wild, generous, drastic--in an unrationed profligacy of self ... And in that split second when you understand that you finally are about to die-to uncreate the world no time to do it over no more chances--that instant when you realize your conscious existence is truly flaring nova, won't you want to have used up all-all-the splendor that you are?
    -- Robin Morgan

#Self #World #Splits

• I want a heart which is split, part by part, because of the pain of separation from God, so that I might explain my longing and complaint to it.
    -- Rumi

#Pain #Heart #Splits

• Some people say "if we split up,we can cover more ground"-with blood
    -- Seth Grahame-Smith

#Blood #People #Splits

• Through lovingly embracing the full range of our experience- human and divine- we can heal the split that existed between the spirit and the form, in ourselves individually and in the whole world.
    -- Shakti Gawain

#World #Splits #Spirit

• Banana Splits for Breakfast. I think I ate about five.
    -- Sissy Spacek

#Thinking #Ice Cream #Splits

• The poetic act consists of suddenly seeing that an idea splits up into a number of equal motifs and of grouping them; they rhyme.
    -- Stephane Mallarme

#Ideas #Numbers #Splits

• I went to Princeton from Amherst, where I split my interests between mathematics and philosophy.
    -- Stephen Cole Kleene

#Philosophy #Splits #Mathematics

• You can split atoms, but you can't split true love.
    -- Steve Fowler

#Atoms #Splits

• You know, 'power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely?' It's the same with powerlessness. Absolute powerlessness corrupts absolutely. Einstein said everything had changed since the atom was split, except the way we think. We have to think anew.
    -- Studs Terkel

#Thinking #Atoms #Splits

• I am not so different in my history of abandonment from anyone else after all. We have all been split away from the earth, each other, ourselves.
    -- Susan Griffin

#Splits #Different #Earth

• I feel like I've been split open and stuffed with sunshine.
    -- Tahereh Mafi

#Sunshine #Splits #Feels

• When you expect something, when you aim at something, right there you dilute your energy; you split your energy, you split your attention and it becomes more than the place of yin and yang. You do not only divide, but you create the problem.
    -- Taizan Maezumi

#Attention #Yang #Splits

• To be alive, it seemed to me, as I stood there in all kinds of sorrow, was to be both original and reflection, and to be dead was to be split off, to be reflection alone.
    -- Teju Cole

#Reflection #Sorrow #Splits

• Doesn't seem right, does it? A split second to lose him and a lifetime to grieve over him.
    -- Tim Bowler

#Grieving #Splits #Doe

• So I said to the gym instructor: 'Can you teach me to do the splits?' He said: 'How flexible are you?' I said: I can't make Tuesdays.'
    -- Tim Vine

#Tuesday #Splits #Said

• Global warming is too serious for the world any longer to ignore its danger or split into opposing factions on it.
    -- Tony Blair

#World #Splits #Serious

• Dancing is like bank robbery, it takes split-second timing.
    -- Twyla Tharp

#Dance #Dancing #Splits

• Do not economize on the hymeneal rites; do not prune them of their splendor, nor split farthings on the day when you are radiant. A wedding is not house-keeping.
    -- Victor Hugo

#House #Splits #Splendor