Hiking quotes

• I want a guy I can go hiking with, who wants to do outdoorsy stuff. It's so much fun to be out in nature and who better to do that with than the person you're dating?
    -- Adrianne Palicki

#Fun #Hiking #Dating

• In fact, it will be very easy to climb the building because of its shape and architecture.
    -- Alain Robert

#Hiking #Shapes #Facts

• I love to play. I love, opera, hiking and museums. The one thing I don't do is sit. I have a tremendous amount of energy.
    -- Alan Dershowitz

#Museums #Play #Hiking

• My father considered a walk among the mountains as the equivalent of churchgoing.
    -- Aldous Huxley

#Nature #Father #Hiking

• Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are.
    -- Alfred Austin

#Journey #Garden #Hiking

• I did get upset once, when we were hiking between pitches 15 and 16. Two women and a dog were trying to find their way down through the maze of trails below the First Summit and they asked us: 'Are you on the trail?' I let my indignity show: 'NO, we're on a CLIMB!'
    -- Andy Cairns

#Dog #Two #Hiking

• There are naked people in boots on a mountain top firing guns.
    -- Andy Richter

#Gun #Hiking #People

• I wear Blundstones for hiking. They're like a work boot with a bit of grip, so you can wear them all day. They're quite groovy.
    -- Anna Torv

#Hiking #Boots #Groovy

• I'm a huge camper, and love hiking and mountain biking.
    -- Anna Torv

#Hiking #Mountain #And Love

• I focus on having a feminine body, a dancer's body. I do resistance and dance and cardio. I like hiking, swimming, being active. It clears your mind and it's a good way to decompress.
    -- Ashley Greene

#Dance #Swimming #Hiking

• I did a lot of hiking and I loved it.
    -- Ashley Judd

#Hiking

• There's a world out there, and you've got to look at both sides of the mountain in your lifetime.
    -- Bill Janklow

#Hiking #Mountain #Looks

• I love hiking in Iceland most, there are lots of brilliant paths.
    -- Bjork

#Iceland #Hiking #Path

• When I was hitch-hiking, people had to follow me, 'cause I didn't stay long.
    -- Brownie McGhee

#Hiking #Long #People

• That's what I liked about hitch-hiking. If a crowd wasn't big enough, I kept walkin.'
    -- Brownie McGhee

#Hiking #Crowds #Enough

• Walking is a virtue, tourism is a deadly sin.
    -- Bruce Chatwin

#Travel #Journey #Hiking

• I like golf, hiking, camping, boating and fishing.
    -- Bryan Clay

#Golf #Fishing #Hiking

• I've been doing a lot of hiking, which I love
    -- Calista Flockhart

#Hiking

• In my case Pilgrim's Progress consisted in my having to climb down a thousand ladders until I could reach out my hand to the little clod of earth that I am.
    -- Carl Jung

#Hands #Hiking #Progress

• I'm not surfing much anymore, but I love hiking and gardening, and I'm always wearing a hat and sunblock.
    -- Carolyn Murphy

#Hiking #Surfing #Gardening

• I'm trying to climb up both walls at once.
    -- Charles Olson

#Wall #Hiking #Trying

• A young woman hiking alone in the mountains sounds dangerous. In the pre-cell phone era maybe it was, but Ill stop short of calling it foolish.
    -- Claire Cameron

#Phones #Cells #Hiking

• I prefer to stay in shape through doing activities I enjoy, such as climbing, hiking and exploring.
    -- Clive Standen

#Climbing #Hiking #Shapes

• I may climb perhaps to no great heights, but I will climb alone.
    -- Cyrano de Bergerac

#Single #Hiking #May

• I'd be nervous about skiing, wondering what I'd do if I felt shaky on top of a mountain; but other diabetics do ski, so there's no reason I couldn't.
    -- Dana Hill

#Hiking #Mountain #Wonder

• In Paris, I rent a bike in the street and cycle around, and in L.A. I live up in the hills so I go hiking a lot.
    -- Diane Kruger

#Paris #Hiking #Hills

• My sport is biking. I'm not much of a gym person, but I like being outside - hiking, canoeing, camping.
    -- Diane Kruger

#Sports #Hiking #Camping

• We are all vegetarians here, and except for a mountain lion that's been hanging around and killed our dog, we don't have a care in the world.
    -- Dirk Benedict

#Dog #Hiking #Mountain

• My hobbies are mountain biking, horseback riding and packing, canoeing and kayaking, hiking, camping, cooking, and skiing.
    -- Douglas Preston

#Kayaking #Hiking #Cooking

• I believe firmly in plodding. Productivity is more a matter of diligent, long-distance hiking than it is one-hundred-yard dashing. Doing a little bit now is far better than hoping to do a lot on the morrow. So redeem the fifteen minute spaces. Chip away at it.
    -- Douglas Wilson

#Distance #Believe #Hiking

• While I'm in L.A. I always make time for my favorite activity which is hiking. The trails in California are amazing, as they are always challenging, and I never get bored from all the beautiful scenery.
    -- Dylan Lauren

#Beautiful #California #Hiking

• One way to get high blood pressure is to go mountain climbing over molehills.
    -- Earl Wilson

#Climbing #Blood #Hiking

• I would walk along the quais when I had finished work or when I was trying to think something out. It was easier to think if I was walking and doing something or seeing people doing something that they understood.
    -- Ernest Hemingway

#Journey #Thinking #Hiking

• The mountain music... is compelling music in its own right, harking back to a time when music was a part of everyday life and not something performed by celebrities.
    -- Ethan Coen

#Hiking #Everyday #Mountain

• I have a Lab, it's fun to hang out and hike with the dog, people come up to him, and pet him, it's fun.
    -- George Eads

#Dog #Fun #Hiking

• There are some cases in which the sense of injury breeds not the will to inflict injuries and climb over them as a ladder, but a hatred of all injury.
    -- George Eliot

#Hiking #Hatred #Ladders

• Half the charm of climbing mountains is born in visions preceding this experience - visions of what is mysterious, remote, inaccessible.
    -- George Leigh Mallory

#Climbing #Hiking #Vision

• Mountaineers have often observed a lack of clarity in their mental state at high altitudes; it is difficult for the stupid mind to observe how stupid it is.
    -- George Leigh Mallory

#Stupid #Hiking #Mind

• Once more I can climb about and remind you that a woman in this epoch does the important literary thinking.
    -- Gertrude Stein

#Thinking #Hiking #Important

• I came to Ireland 20 years ago as a student, hitch-hiking round for a week and staying in Dublin.
    -- Greta Scacchi

#Stay Strong #Years #Hiking

• There are no wrong turnings. Only paths we had not known we were meant to walk.
    -- Guy Gavriel Kay

#Destiny #Journey #Hiking

• Everybody starts at the top, and then has the problem of staying there. Lasting accomplishment, however, is still achieved through a long, slow climb and self-discipline.
    -- Helen Hayes

#Stay Strong #Hiking #Self

• I like playing sport, and I like doing physical stuff. I like hiking and I like climbing and I like playing sport. I do a lot. But I don't like the term 'exercising.' I feel like with sport, you're playing games. But with exercise, you're literally just trying to stop yourself from dying too young. It's weird.
    -- James McAvoy

#Sports #Exercise #Hiking

• Hiking alone lets me have some time to myself.
    -- Jamie Luner

#Hiking #Let Me

• Hiking is the best workout!... You can hike for three hours and not even realize you're working out. And, hiking alone lets me have some time to myself.
    -- Jamie Luner

#Workout #Hiking #Work Out

• I'm lucky to have parents who used to be bodybuilders! They help me keep fit by going to the gym and training with me. I'm also addicted to Cardio Barre classes and hiking.
    -- Janel Parrish

#Class #Hiking #Parent

• I love to ride horses, hike in the woods with Juliette and appraise Longhorns.
    -- Janine Turner

#Horse #Hiking #Woods

• My life is very exciting now. Nostalgia for what? It's like climbing a staircase. I'm on the top of the staircase, I look behind and see the steps. That's where I was. We're here right now. Tomorrow, we'll be someplace else. So why nostalgia?
    -- Jeanne Moreau

#Hiking #Climbing #Steps

• I know that I was hiking at a very young age because I remember being convinced that it was the trees that were talking.
    -- Jennifer Pharr Davis

#Talking #Hiking #Tree

• Food is like a torture device because hiking 47 miles a day is hard enough. And then you're trying to get down 6,000 calories a day. Every hour, I needed a snack, every few hours I had to take in a meal and it's just not food, it's fuel. You're not enjoying it - you're seriously shoving it in your mouth and following it with water, juice or Gatorade.
    -- Jennifer Pharr Davis

#Snacks #Hiking #Water

• My motivation to keep hiking was rooted in the magnificent details of the Appalachian Mountains, and the more I poured myself out - the more energy I gave the trail - the more it gave me in return.
    -- Jennifer Pharr Davis

#Motivation #Hiking #Mountain

• When I'm in turmoil, when I can't think, when I'm exhausted and afraid and feeling very, very alone, I go for walks. It's just one of those things I do. I walk and I walk and sooner or later something comes to me, something to make me feel less like jumping off a building.
    -- Jim Butcher

#Journey #Thinking #Hiking

• There are two things I will never do in my life. I will never climb Mount Everest, and I will never work with Val Kilmer again. There isn't enough money in the world.
    -- John Frankenheimer

#Two #Hiking #World

• I believe in evolution. But I also believe, when I hike the Grand Canyon and see it at sunset, that the hand of God is there also.
    -- John McCain

#Believe #Sunset #Hiking

• Hiking - I don't like either the word or the thing. People ought to saunter in the mountains - not hike! Do you know the origin of that word 'saunter?' It's a beautiful word. Away back in the Middle Ages people used to go on pilgrimages to the Holy Land, and when people in the villages through which they passed asked where they were going, they would reply, "A la sainte terre,' 'To the Holy Land.' And so they became known as sainte-terre-ers or saunterers. Now these mountains are our Holy Land, and we ought to saunter through them reverently, not 'hike' through them."
    -- John Muir

#Beautiful #Land #Hiking

• Hiking. I don't like either the word or the thing. People ought to saunter in the mountains...the se mountains are our Holy Land, and we ought to saunter through them reverently, not 'hike' through them.
    -- John Muir

#Land #Hiking #People

• How can a guy climb trees, say Me Tarzan, You Jane, and make a million?
    -- Johnny Weissmuller

#Hiking #Guy #Tree

• I actually love woodworking. I'm just getting into it. And I love playing guitar, I'm a big movie aficionado, and I like hiking.
    -- Jordan Gavaris

#Guitar #Hiking #Woodworking

• The best remedy for a short temper is a long walk.
    -- Joseph Joubert

#Anger #Hiking #Long

• Fishing the small streams of New Hampshire is a pastime that combines hiking, map reading, and bushwhacking - plenty of it.
    -- Joseph Monninger

#Reading #Fishing #Hiking

• Hitch was interested in what I had to offer, like one of my background ideas for Norman's upbringing.
    -- Joseph Stefano

#Ideas #Hiking #Backgrounds

• I didn't know it at the time, but Hitch didn't want to talk to me - he hated meeting with people he might have to reject. As it turned out, someone, maybe his agent, insisted that he interview me.
    -- Joseph Stefano

#Hiking #People #Agents

• I'm sort of an old man, always tinkering in the backyard. Since I grew up playing outdoors, I still like to plant things, sit out on the deck, or go hiking.
    -- Josh Duhamel

#Men #Hiking #Backyards

• I am confirmed in my division of human energies. Ambitious people climb, but faithful people build.
    -- Julia Ward Howe

#Hiking #People #Faithful

• Hiking in undiscovered places is a lot of fun.
    -- Karolina Kurkova

#Fun #Hiking

• Especially with the signing of riders with climbing abilities and the new arrival of Tyler Hamilton, who has the strength and ability to become a great leader for the big tours. All in all, I feel this is a very complete team.
    -- Laurent Jalabert

#Team #Climbing #Hiking

• I'm simple. I love hiking, going to the gym, doing some simple stuff. I love being outdoors, I love bike riding. Just stuff that's fun!
    -- Lea Michele

#Fun #Simple #Hiking

• I love being outdoors - hiking, biking, and swimming.
    -- Lea Michele

#Swimming #Hiking #Biking

• My career has been a gradual climb. I think that's part of the reason why I've had longevity.
    -- Lenny Kravitz

#Thinking #Careers #Hiking

• It was like hiking into a Hemingway story; everything was sepia-toned and bristling with subtext.
    -- Leslie What

#Hilarious #Hiking #Stories

• Sometimes you get a glimpse of a semicolon coming, a few lines farther on, and it is like climbing a steep path through woods and seeing a wooden bench just at a bend in the road ahead, a place where you can expect to sit for a moment, catching your breath.
    -- Lewis Thomas

#Hiking #Climbing #Woods

• Take a walk on the wild side.
    -- Lou Reed

#Journey #Hiking #Sides

• I enjoy hiking and skiing, like most Norwegians. In winter, there will be snow for months on end. In the summer, there are the long evenings to enjoy.
    -- Magnus Carlsen

#Summer #Winter #Hiking

• I've always had bad posture, and Pilates makes me feel taller and reminds me to keep my shoulders back. And hiking isn't just about doing cardio, it's also when I can get my 'me time' to be alone with my thoughts. After Pilates I should do some cardio, and after hiking, I need to do some resistance training.
    -- Mandy Moore

#Hiking #Training #Resistance

• But the fact is, it's illegal for the Administration to spend North west taxpayers' money to develop this rate hike proposal, just so it can turn around and raise their energy rates.
    -- Maria Cantwell

#Hiking #Energy #West

• I did Star 80, which was a magnificent experience as well, but still, I was at the height of my career at the beginning. Then I had to jump down the ladder and climb back up again, which I didn't understand. That was very hard.
    -- Mariel Hemingway

#Stars #Careers #Hiking

• Truth be told, I'm much more comfortable in a pair of hiking boots or with a rack of climbing gear than in front of a laptop.
    -- Mark Udall

#Climbing #Hiking #Gears

• Faith moves mountains, but you have to keep pushing while you are praying.
    -- Mason Cooley

#Faith #Moving #Hiking

• Bald as the bare mountain tops are bald, with a baldness full of grandeur.
    -- Matthew Arnold

#Hiking #Mountain #Baldness

• It is not talking but walking that will bring us to heaven.
    -- Matthew Henry

#Journey #Talking #Hiking

• The mountains were there and so was I.
    -- Maurice Herzog

#Hiking #Mountain #Mountain Climbing

• I like reading, free diving and hiking. But my favorite thing to do is travel anywhere in Greece. I love everything about that place.
    -- Max Irons

#Reading #Hiking #Diving

• If I make your workplace conducive to walking at lunch, or working out at some time during the day, or I get people to use the stairs more by creating incentives to do such, then people will start doing it naturally.
    -- Mehmet Oz

#Journey #Lunch #Hiking

• The reality is the cap-and-trade legislation offered by the Democrats amounts to an economic declaration of war on the Midwest by liberals on Capitol Hill.
    -- Mike Pence

#War #Reality #Hiking

• Jack London is a very generous description of my small hiking, bicycling, and canoeing habit. I myself feel like a weak urbanite a lot of the time, because lots of my friends are incredible outdoorsmen and women.
    -- Nick Offerman

#Hiking #London #Incredibles

• Mountain hikes instilled in me a life-long urge to get to the top of any inviting summit or peak.
    -- Paul D. Boyer

#Hiking #Long #Mountain

• [W]e have a lot of evidence on what happens when you raise the minimum wage. And the evidence is overwhelmingly positive: Hiking the minimum wage has little or no adverse effect on employment while significantly increasing workers' earnings.
    -- Paul Krugman

#Hiking #Political #Employment

• The great thing about rock-n-roll is you realize the top of the mountain is big enough for more than one band.
    -- Paul Stanley

#Rocks #Hiking #Mountain

• Take it from a guy: If you're in love with somebody, you will swim the stream, you will climb the mountain, you will slay the dragon. You're going to get to her somehow, some way.
    -- Phil McGraw

#Determination #Dragons #Hiking

• A souvenir of those years is a small cottage on the cliffs of Cornwall, where Joyce and I spend a spring month every year, hiking and seeing friends.
    -- Philip Warren Anderson

#Spring #Years #Hiking

• The civilized man has built a coach, but has lost the use of his feet.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

#Men #Feet #Hiking

• I really like listening to music when I'm hiking or exercising. I don't like hearing myself breathe.
    -- Rebecca Romijn

#Exercise #Hiking #Listening

• A path is a prior interpretation of the best way to traverse a landscape.
    -- Rebecca Solnit

#Journey #Hiking #Landscape

• Walking . . . is how the body measures itself against the earth.
    -- Rebecca Solnit

#Journey #Hiking #Body

• Also, I walk and hike in several different nearby parks near our home several early mornings a week.
    -- Reverend Malcolm Boyd

#Morning #Home #Hiking

• Space Mountain may be the oldest ride in the park, but it has the longest line.
    -- Ric Flair

#Reality #Hiking #Space

• Only if you have been in the deepest valley, can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.
    -- Richard M. Nixon

#Life #Hiking #Mountain

• When I die, I'll probably climb out of the coffin and play the organ at my own funeral!
    -- Rick Wakeman

#Play #Hiking #Funeral

• We are taught to consume. And that's what we do. But if we realized that there really is no reason to consume, that it's just a mind set, that it's just an addiction, then we wouldn't be out there stepping on people's hands climbing the corporate ladder of success.
    -- River Phoenix

#Climbing #Hands #Hiking

• It isn't the mountain ahead that wears you out; it's the grain of sand in your shoe.
    -- Robert W. Service

#Anger #Shoes #Hiking