Fabric quotes

• What you are basically, deep, deep down, far, far in, is simply the fabric and structure of existence itself.
    -- Alan Watts

#Inspiring #Fabric #Structure

• Without energy life would be extinguished instantaneously, and the cellular fabric would collapse.
    -- Albert Szent-Gyorgyi

#Energy #Would Be #Fabric

• The fabric of American empire ought to rest on the solid basis of THE CONSENT OF THE PEOPLE. The streams of national power ought to flow from that pure, original fountain of all legitimate authority.
    -- Alexander Hamilton

#People #Fabric #Empires

• People are pushing against the fabric of society all the time.
    -- Andrew Vachss

#People #Pushing #Fabric

• I am a work in progress dressed in the fabric of a world unfolding.
    -- Ani DiFranco

#Expression #Progress #Fabric

• A piece of fabric can get me going.
    -- Anna Sui

#Fabric #Pieces

• I love it when people are able to interpret thoughts and feelings on fabric or some kind of material.
    -- Anne Hathaway

#People #Feelings #Fabric

• We all move on the fringes of eternity and are sometimes granted vistas through fabric of illusion.
    -- Ansel Adams

#Moving #Fabric #Sometimes

• He who cannot change the very fabric of his thought will never be able to change reality.
    -- Anwar Sadat

#Change #Reality #Fabric

• My contemplation of life and human nature in that secluded place [cell 54 of Cairo Central Prison] taught me that he who cannot change the very fabric of his thought will never, therefore, make any progress.
    -- Anwar Sadat

#Cells #Progress #Fabric

• I found that I faced a highly complex situation, and that I couldnt hope to change it until I had armed myself with the necessary psychological and intellectual capacity. My contemplation of life and human nature in that secluded place had taught me that he who cannot change the very fabric of his thought will never be able to change reality, and will never, therefore, make any process.
    -- Anwar Sadat

#Reality #Intellectual #Fabric

• Migration is an expression of the human aspiration for dignity, safety and a better future. It is part of the social fabric, part of our very make-up as a human family
    -- Ban Ki-moon

#Expression #Safety #Fabric

• Despite the ethnic diversity within each nation, the social fabric of the region by and large is one.
    -- Bashar al-Assad

#Diversity #Fabric #Social

• Memories, all those little experiences make up the fabric of our lives and on balance, I wouldn't want to erase any of them, tempting though it may be.
    -- Ben Affleck

#Memories #Balance #Fabric

• Data is the fabric of the modern world: just like we walk down pavements, so we trace routes through data, and build knowledge and products out of it.
    -- Ben Goldacre

#Data #Fabric #World

• Faith ... is a conscious apprehension of something inevident, something which unlike this desk and this chair is not seen to be there, even if it enters into the fabric of our personal relations to reality with at least as much force, relevance, and moment as things which are seen to be there.
    -- Bernard Lonergan

#Reality #Fabric #Moments

• People are wearing fleece, which is a hard fabric to be angry in.
    -- Carrie Brownstein

#People #Fabric #Angry

• The fabric of existence weaves itself whole.
    -- Charles Ives

#Fabric #Existence

• Men may die, but the fabrics of free institutions remains unshaken.
    -- Chester A. Arthur

#Patriotic #Men #Fabric

• Fabrics and lining make a big difference in the garment. If you're buying an expensive trench coat, and it's lined in something cheap, it doesn't feel as nice.
    -- Christian Siriano

#Nice #Differences #Fabric

• I care more about telly because it made me an actor and there's a much more immediate response to TV. You can address the political or cultural fabric of your country.
    -- Christopher Eccleston

#Country #Political #Fabric

• I hate the endless admonishments of a nanny state that lives in fear of its lawyers. While colonies of dim-witted traffic wardens swarm about looking for minor parking infringements, nobody seems to notice that our very social fabric is falling apart.
    -- Christopher Fowler

#Hate #Fall #Fabric

• Change is the very fabric of our time.
    -- David Brin

#Fabric

• Lightfoot's voice is such a part of the fabric of Canada, I know it almost as well as I know my own voice.
    -- David Foster

#Voice #Fabric #Canada

• Wall Street sees a social fabric or social contract as inefficiencies, which need to be removed.
    -- David Korten

#Wall #Needs #Fabric

• Europeans say they are proud of their social fabric, of strong rights for workers and the weak in society.
    -- David Korten

#Strong #Rights #Fabric

• AIDS destroys families, decimates communities and, particularly in the poorest areas of the world, threatens to destabilize the social, cultural, and economic fabric of entire nations...
    -- David Saperstein

#Community #Fabric #World

• The true nature of the world was weirder than any bizarre fabric that anyone might weave from the warp and weft of imagination's loom.
    -- Dean Koontz

#Reality #Imagination #Fabric

• Once the fabric of a just society is undone, it takes generations to weave it back together.
    -- Deepak Chopra

#Together #Generations #Fabric

• I can transform my entire life. The universe is an unbroken, continuous fabric within which I can create and intend my destiny.
    -- Deepak Chopra

#Destiny #Fabric #Unbroken

• The patient person accepts a certain amount of failure knowing that it is as important a thread in the fabric of life as is success. Great individuals make great successes out of failure.
    -- Denis Waitley

#Knowing #Important #Fabric

• I buy about $1,500 worth of papers every month. Not that I trust them. I'm looking for the crack in the fabric.
    -- Dick Gregory

#Cracks #Fabric #Paper

• What we are reluctant to touch often seems the very fabric of our salvation.
    -- Don DeLillo

#Fabric #Salvation

• Decisions are the frequent fabric of our daily design.
    -- Don Yaeger

#Design #Decision #Fabric

• Good schools underpin not only our economy, but the social fabric of our lives.
    -- Donald L. Carcieri

#School #Fabric #Economy

• We can't afford as a nation - not because of money but because of our social fabric - to have large numbers of people who are not working.
    -- Donna Shalala

#Numbers #People #Fabric

• Constant use had not worn ragged the fabric of their friendship.
    -- Dorothy Parker

#Friendship #Use #Fabric

• We share something in common with the fabric of the whole universe that connects us.
    -- Dwight Yoakam

#Fabric #Common #Share

• The chain that's fixed to the throne of Jove, On which the fabric of our world depends, One link dissolved, the whole creation ends.
    -- Edmund Waller

#Our World #Thrones #Fabric

• In theory, everybody buys the best and cheapest commodities offered to him on the market. In practice, if every one went around pricing, and chemically testing before purchasing, the dozens of soaps or fabrics or brands of bread which are for sale, economic life would become hopelessly jammed.
    -- Edward Bernays

#Practice #Fabric #Dozen

• On the slightest touch the unsupported fabric of their pride and power fell to the ground. The expiring senate displayed a sudden lustre, blazed for a moment, and was extinguished for ever.
    -- Edward Gibbon

#Pride #History #Fabric

• I don't watch TV, so I feel like I'm left out of the American fabric or something.
    -- Edward Ruscha

#Watches #Fabric #Tvs

• Voluptuous and enveloping like layers of precious fabrics
    -- Elie Saab

#Fabric #Layers #Voluptuous

• Metal shades only give directional lighting, which is great for a desk or work area, but not for ambient lighting. Fabric shades are much softer.
    -- Emily Henderson

#Giving #Fabric #Shade

• It is not that things are delusory but their separateness in the fabric of the Whole that is illusory...
    -- Frederick Franck

#Fabric

• When I don't have any ideas, I pick up fabric and start working with it and something happens.
    -- Geoffrey Beene

#Ideas #Fabric #Things Happen

• Still, despite all our noise, this universe hinges on a melody, that’s the dismal truth of it. Oh, we can propagandize all we wish, it doesn’t change the fabric of things. This universe was not made for the fallen, only the redeemed.
    -- Geoffrey Wood

#Wish #Noise #Fabric

• Who can know how much of his most inward life is made up of the thoughts he believes other men to have about him, until that fabric of opinion is threatened with ruin?
    -- George Eliot

#Believe #Men #Fabric

• The weight of a fabric is inconsequential, since seasonal dressing is all about layering.
    -- George Kotsiopoulos

#Fabric #Weight #Dressings

• When the fabric of the universe becomes unknown, it is the duty of the university to produce weavers.
    -- Gordon Gee

#Fabric #Weavers #Produce

• We never know how our small activities will affect others through the invisible fabric of our connectedness. In this exquisitely connected world, it's never a question of 'critical mass.' It's always about critical connections.
    -- Grace Lee Boggs

#Connections #Fabric #World

• Yes, metaphor. That's how the whole fabric of mental interconnections holds together. Metaphor is right at the bottom of being alive.
    -- Gregory Bateson

#Together #Fabric #Alive

• Men's fashion has a certain heaviness in the fabrics and construction. But also there is a heaviness in the mentality.
    -- Hedi Slimane

#Fashion #Men #Fabric

• I like the idea of paradox, between the authentic fabrics and sophisticated shapes and between masculine and feminine. I'm not so much for sportswear. I think it's over.
    -- Hedi Slimane

#Thinking #Ideas #Fabric

• I love playing around with vintage fabrics and lace.
    -- Helena Christensen

#Vintage #Fabric #Lace

• Artistic license sneered through the thin fabric.
    -- Ingmar Bergman

#Fabric #Artistic

• I started to work with cotton fabrics. I used cotton because it's easy to work with, to wash, to take care of, to wear if it's warm or cold. It's great. That was the start.
    -- Issey Miyake

#Cotton #Fabric #Care

• One of my assistants found this old German machine. It was originally used to make underwear. Like Chanel, who started with underwear fabric - jerseys - we used the machine that made underwear to make something else
    -- Issey Miyake

#Underwear #Machines #Fabric

• Over the centuries we have transformed the ancient myths and folk tales and made them into the fabric of our lives. Consciously and unconsciously we weave the narratives of myth and folk tale into our daily existence.
    -- Jack Zipes

#Fabric #Narrative #Ancient

• When we trace the part of which this terrestrial system is composed, and when we view the general connection of those several parts, the whole presents a machine of a peculiar construction by which it is adapted to a certain end. We perceive a fabric, erected in wisdom, to obtain a purpose worthy of the power that is apparent in the production of it.
    -- James Hutton

#Views #Machines #Fabric

• Life, Steffi has learned, carries on around the pain, making room for it, absorbing it until it becomes part of the daily fabric, wrapping itself around you and lodging itself in your heart.
    -- Jane Green

#Pain #Heart #Fabric

• When the fabric of society is so rigid that it cannot change quickly enough, adjustments are achieved by social unrest and revolutions.
    -- John Boyd Orr

#Fabric #Unrest #Revolution

• Everywhere immigrants have enriched and strengthened the fabric of American life.
    -- John F. Kennedy

#Immigration #Fabric

• Anon out of the earth a fabric huge Rose, like an exhalation.
    -- John Milton

#Rose #Fabric #Earth

• We live in a web of ideas, a fabric of our own making.
    -- Joseph Chilton Pearce

#Ideas #Fabric

• I've never been one to tear the social fabric.
    -- Judith Guest

#Tears #Fabric #Social

• The little things that made up the fabric of the first six years of my life were suddenly ripped away, and I didn't have anyone around me who loved me. Not one single person.
    -- Julie Christie

#Years #Single Life #Fabric

• Science has not been successful by making up explanations of things that fit with the current social fabric.
    -- Kary Mullis

#Successful #Fabric #Fit

• It's all about the quality of the fabric, how soft it is and feeling comfortable in what you're wearing.
    -- Kellan Lutz

#Feelings #Quality #Fabric

• There is intersubjectivity woven into the very fabric of the Kosmos at all levels.
    -- Ken Wilber

#Woven #Fabric #Levels

• African slavery is the corner-stone of the industrial, social, and political fabric of the South; and whatever wars against it, wars against her very existence. Strike down the institution of African slavery and you reduce the South to depopulation and barbarism.
    -- Laurence M. Keitt

#War #Political #Fabric

• The infrastructure, institutions and social fabric of Venezuela are deteriorating, and people realize the Chavez government has been the problem, not the solution.
    -- Leopoldo Lopez

#Government #People #Fabric

• And woven into the fabric of this harsh existence was music.
    -- Lesley Garrett

#Woven #Fabric #Harsh

• Men o' war were to be a part of the fabric of my life for the next half-century.
    -- Lord Mountbatten

#War #Men #Fabric

• Alas, the world has never known a sound social fabric, a fabric sound and clean to the core and kindly. For it has ever turned its back on Man.
    -- Louis Sullivan

#Men #Sound #Fabric

• I'll always have songs with a farm connotation on my albums. It's in the fabric of my music, and I plan to keep it that way.
    -- Luke Bryan

#Song #Albums #Fabric

• The fabric of democracy is always fragile everywhere because it depends on the will of citizens to protect it, and when they become scared, when it becomes dangerous for them to defend it, it can go very quickly.
    -- Margaret Atwood

#Democracy #Citizens #Fabric

• The worst forms of tyranny, or certainly the most successful ones, are not those we rail against but those that so insinuate themselves into the imagery of our consciousness, and the fabric of our lives, as not to be perceived as tyranny.
    -- Michael Parenti

#Successful #Liberty #Fabric

• I question the negative connotations of fabric, of ribbon, of lace. I turn these symbols of our imprisonment around.
    -- Miriam Schapiro

#Quilts #Symbolism #Fabric

• Because I'm so hands on here at work and always looking at fabrics you have to be mobile and as comfortable as possible.
    -- Narciso Rodriguez

#Hands #Fabric

• Who one was, where one came from, what one was expected to be, the height of courage and character that were to be achieved, were woven into the fabric that linked oneself to all. . .
    -- Nathan Huggins

#Character #Fabric #Height

• My job ranges from creating the initial overall theme of the season, to developing fabrics and sketching to sampling and fitting.
    -- Nicole Richie

#Jobs #Creating #Fabric

• Only an excellent fabric can originate an excellent fashion
    -- Nino Cerruti

#Fashion #Fabric #Excellent

• The future is a hundred thousand threads, but the past is a fabric that can never be rewoven.
    -- Orson Scott Card

#Past #Fabric #Thread

• Quality is the result of a carefully constructed cultural environment. It has to be the fabric of the organization, not part of the fabric.
    -- Phil Crosby

#Organization #Quality #Fabric

• Time is the backdrop of our lives and the very fabric of the cosmos.
    -- Philip Zimbardo

#Cosmos #Fabric

• I love draping; it's less about proportion than fit and the fabric. It's very specialized and I think when women see the construction, they respond to it immediately.
    -- Prabal Gurung

#Thinking #Fabric #Fit

• As crude a weapon as a cave man's club, the chemical barrage has been hurled against the fabric of life.
    -- Rachel Carson

#Men #Fabric #Clubs

• I wear things that kind of can look good for extended periods of time - fabrics that don't wrinkle, things that don't stain very easily.
    -- Rachel Zoe

#Wrinkles #Fabric #Looks

• Within a few decades, machine intelligence will surpass human intelligence, leading to The Singularity -- technological change so rapid and profound it represents a rupture in the fabric of human history. The implications include the merger of biological and nonbiological intelligence, immortal software-based humans, and ultra-high levels of intelligence that expand outward in the universe at the speed of light.
    -- Ray Kurzweil

#Light #Profound #Fabric

• YOU'RE just humming with sexual energy! Is it the fabric? Is it wearing tights?
    -- Richard Madeley

#Fabric #Energy #Tights

• A pair of socks is no less suitable to make a painting with than wood, nails, turpentine, oil and fabric.
    -- Robert Rauschenberg

#Oil #Fabric #Woods

• In the Russian experience, although the Russian state is oppressive, it is their state, it is part of their fabric, and so the relation between Russian citizens and their state is complicated.
    -- Ryszard Kapuscinski

#Citizens #Fabric #Complicated

• Once you have a certain amount of money, it ceases to be an issue. I'd rather put my cultural imprint on the fabric of life. After money, all you want is immortality.
    -- Shane Smith

#Issues #Want #Fabric

• What affects one thing affects, in some way, all things: All is interwoven into the continuous fabric of being. Its warp and weft are energy, which is the essence of magic.
    -- Starhawk

#Essence #Magic #Fabric

• As a designer, I like to work with fabrics that don't bleed; that's why I avoid all animal skins.
    -- Stella McCartney

#Animal #Skins #Fabric

• I don't think I'm a political songwriter as much as I am just a political person. I think it's in my fabric.
    -- Steve Earle

#Thinking #Political #Fabric

• The bigger story here is that the fabric of the Net has changed; it’s a place for people to connect up around shared interests and then collaborate towards some sort of action.
    -- Steve Rubel

#People #Stories #Fabric

• Cognitive psychology has shown that the mind best understands facts when they are woven into a conceptual fabric, such as a narrative, mental map, or intuitive theory. Disconnected facts in the mind are like unlinked pages on the Web: They might as well not exist.
    -- Steven Pinker

#Psychology #Mind #Fabric

• I realized it for the first time in my life: there is nothing but mystery in the world, how it hides behind the fabric of our poor, browbeat days, shining brightly, and we don't even know it.
    -- Sue Monk Kidd

#Shining #Fabric #World