Sisterhood quotes

• Women marry men hoping they will change. Men marry women hoping they will not.
    -- Albert Einstein

#Sisterhood #Men #Marry Me

• Women must pay for everything. They do get more glory than men for comparable feats, but, they also get more notoriety when they crash.
    -- Amelia Earhart

#Sisterhood #Men #History

• Obviously I faced the possibility of not returning when first I considered going. Once faced and settled there really wasn't any good reason to refer to it.
    -- Amelia Earhart

#Sisterhood #Firsts #Empowering Women

• I want to live darkly and richly in my femaleness.
    -- Anais Nin

#Sisterhood #Want

• Love men and women not for their strength but their softness, not for their fullness but their hunger, not for their plenty but their need.
    -- Anais Nin

#Men #Sisterhood #Needs

• Maybe the truth is, there's a little bit of loser in all of us. Being happy isn't having everything in your life be perfect. Maybe it's about stringing together all the little things.
    -- Ann Brashares

#Happiness #Being Happy #Sisterhood

• This is the Easter message, that awakening is possible, to the goodness of God, the sacredness of human life, the sisterhood and brotherhood of all.
    -- Anne Lamott

#Easter #Sisterhood #Brotherhood

• We can have unity in diversity and diversity in unity. We don't have to be like one another to enjoy sisterhood.
    -- Barbara W. Winder

#Sisterhood #Diversity #Unity

• As long as women are using class or race power to dominate other women, feminist sisterhood cannot be fully realized.
    -- Bell Hooks

#Sisterhood #Race #Class

• Men and women belong to different species and communications between them is still in its infancy.
    -- Bill Cosby

#Communication #Sisterhood #Men

• Great women scholars like Jane Harrison and Gisela Richter were produced by the intellectual discipline of the masculine classical tradition, not the wishy-washy sentimentalism of clingy, all-forgiving sisterhood, from which no first-rate book has yet emerged. Every year, feminists provide more and more evidence for the old charge that women can neither think nor write.
    -- Camille Paglia

#Book #Writing #Sisterhood

• Lesbian feminists, for all their ideals of sisterhood and solidarity, can treat each other with a fickleness, a parasitic exploitativeness, and vicious spite that have to be seen to be believed.
    -- Camille Paglia

#Sisterhood #Feminist #Vicious

• Women with money and women in power are two uncomfortable ideas in our society.
    -- Candace Bushnell

#Sisterhood #Ideas #Two

• Ironically, women who acquire power are more likely to be criticized for it than are the men who have always had it.
    -- Carolyn Heilbrun

#Sisterhood #Men #He Man

• Sisterhood cannot be assumed on the basis of gender; it must be forged in concrete historical and political practice and analysis
    -- Chandra Talpade Mohanty

#Sisterhood #Practice #Political

• When our burdens are grievous to be borne, when we face a world in which it seems that there is only struggle and no rest, I hope we can remember the immense strength of our sisterhood, the reservoirs that we have within us, and the unfailing wellspring of the Savior’s love for us, even in the midst of adversity.
    -- Chieko N. Okazaki

#Struggle #Adversity #Sisterhood

• There is space within sisterhood for likeness and difference, for the subtle differences that challenge and delight; there is space for disappointment-and surprise.
    -- Christine Downing

#Disappointment #Sisterhood #Differences

• I've been screwed by as many women as I have by men, in terms of lawyers. But lawyers don't count. If you take lawyers out of the equation, you have a more fair playing field. There is a sisterhood.
    -- Courtney Love

#Sisterhood #Men #Fields

• The realization that we are all basically the same human beings who seek happiness and try to avoid suffering is very helpful in developing a sense of brotherhood and sisterhood; a warm feeling of love and compassion for others.
    -- Dalai Lama

#Inspiration #Sisterhood #Compassion

• Oh, the comfort - the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person - having neither to weigh thoughts nor to measure words, but pouring them all right out, just as they are, chaff and grain together.
    -- Dinah Maria Murlock Craik

#Anniversary #Sisterhood #Feelings

• From the psychological jousting between sisters in the early family arena emerge the first tentative boundaries of their personalities.
    -- Elizabeth Fishel

#Sisterhood #Personality #Firsts

• Both within the family and without, our sisters hold up our mirrors: our images of who we are and of who we can dare to become.
    -- Elizabeth Fishel

#Sisterhood #Mirrors #Who We Are

• Women are the only exploited group in history to have been idealized into powerlessness.
    -- Erica Jong

#Women #Equality #Sisterhood

• Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood.
    -- Fionnula Flanagan

#Sister #Sisterhood #Secret

• Female bonobos form a strong sisterhood. They rule through female solidarity.
    -- Frans de Waal

#Strong #Sisterhood #Female

• It will never be altogether well with us till we convert the universe into a prayer room, and continue in the Spirit as we go from place to place.... The prayer hour is left standing before God till the other hours come and stand beside it; then, if they are found to be a harmonious sisterhood, the prayer is granted.
    -- George Bowen

#Prayer #Sisterhood #Rooms

• There are three roads to ruin; women, gambling and technicians. The most pleasant is with women, the quickest is with gambling, but the surest is with technicians.
    -- Georges Pompidou

#Technology #Sisterhood #Gambling

• Women's natural role is to be a pillar of the family.
    -- Grace Kelly

#Family #Mom #Sisterhood

• Now, we are agreed, I and my destinies. The total world, Above, below, whate'er is seen or known, And all that men, and all that gods enact, Hopes, fears, imaginations, purposes; With joy, and pain, and every pulse that beats In the great body of the universe, I give to the eternal sisterhood, To make my peace withal! And cast this husk, This hated, mangled, and dishonour'd carcase Into the balance; so have I redeem'd My proper birthright, even the changeless mind, The imperishable essence uncontroll'd.
    -- Hartley Coleridge

#Pain #Destiny #Sisterhood

• If I am happy in spite of my deprivations, if my happiness is so deep that it is a faith, so thoughtful that it becomes a philosophy of life. If, in short, I am an optimist, my testimony to the creed of optimism is worth hearing.
    -- Helen Keller

#Philosophy #Sisterhood #Thoughtful

• Near or far, there are burdens and terrors in sisterhood, and perhaps the nearer, the more complicated.
    -- Helen Yglesias

#Sisterhood #Complicated #Burden

• That is our vocation: to convert the enemy into a guest and to create the free and fearless space where brotherhood and sisterhood can be formed and fully experienced.
    -- Henri Nouwen

#Sisterhood #Space #Fearless

• To a philosopher all news, as it is called, is gossip, and they who edit and read it are old women over their tea.
    -- Henry David Thoreau

#Women #Sisterhood #Media

• When women love us, they forgive us everything, even our crimes; when they do not love us, they give us credit for nothing, not even our virtues.
    -- Honore de Balzac

#Love #Sisterhood #Giving

• But we're all so different, we're different ages; we're not vying for the same roles. There's no competition, there's really kind of a sisterhood, on and off the set, you know?
    -- Jeanne Tripplehorn

#Sisterhood #Competition #Age

• Long before feminism made fashion a guilty pleasure, my first experience of the sisterhood among strangers took place in a communal dressing room.
    -- Judith Thurman

#Fashion #Sisterhood #Long

• So women are at the beginning of building a language, and not all women are conscious of it.
    -- Judy Chicago

#Sisterhood #Language #Building

• Sisterhood is a powerful metaphor; it ought not become a synonym for groupthink.
    -- Kathleen Hall Jamieson

#Powerful #Sisterhood #Feminism

• I think women are really vicious in the work place, they're really jealous, really competitive. Women are emotional, they cry in toilets. The sisterhood only extends as far as the kitchen door. Men talk in logic and rational terms, they don't squark and make a noise.
    -- Katie Hopkins

#Jealous #Sisterhood #Men

• Friendship is not possible between two women one of whom is very well dressed.
    -- Laurie Colwin

#Sisterhood #Two #Well Dressed

• I failed eating, failed drinking, failed not cutting myself into shreds. Failed friendship. Failed sisterhood and daughterhood. Failed mirrors and scales and phone calls. Good thing I'm stable.
    -- Laurie Halse Anderson

#Drinking #Cutting #Sisterhood

• I think women are amazing and womens friendships are like a sisterhood and we should see more of it in television and film.
    -- Laurie Holden

#Sisterhood #Thinking #Television

• We must continue to unite in sisterhood to turn our tears into triumph. There is no time to rest until our world achieves wholeness and balance, where all men and women are considered equal and free.
    -- Leymah Gbowee

#Sisterhood #Men #Our World

• Are you trivialising the sisterhood if you dye your hair or have your eyebrows threaded? I'd say the answer to that is no. But equally, it's a perfectly valid feminist thing to say there is a certain amount of attention on a woman's appearance, and I don't wish that to be the focus or a distraction.
    -- Louise Mensch

#Sisterhood #Hair #Eyebrows

• The real ornament of woman is her character, her purity.
    -- Mahatma Gandhi

#Real #Character #Sisterhood

• Women want mediocre men, and men are working to be as mediocre as possible.
    -- Margaret Mead

#Women #Sisterhood #Mediocrity

• Many societies have educated their male children on the simple device of teaching them not to be women.
    -- Margaret Mead

#Children #Teaching #Sisterhood

• There's three things men always talk about - women, sports, and cars.
    -- Mario Lopez

#Sports #Sisterhood #Men

• Life's piano can only produce melodies of brotherhood (and sisterhood) when it is recognized that the black keys are as basic, necessary and beautiful as the white keys.
    -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

#Life #Beautiful #Sisterhood

• Patti Callahan Henry’s THE STORIES WE TELL is a lyrical exploration of love and longing, secrets and suspicion, family and friendship, all told with the author’s trademark insights into the hollows and curves of the heart and mind of a working woman who must balance the demands of motherhood, wifedom, sisterhood, and yes, the deepest cravings for artistic expression. I always love the stories PCH tells!
    -- Mary Kay Andrews

#Heart #Motherhood #Sisterhood

• When death comes…. I want to step through the door full of curiosity, wondering: what it’s going to be like, that cottage of darkness? And therefore I look upon everything as a brotherhood and a sisterhood, and I look upon time as no more than an idea, and I consider eternity as another possibility, and I think of each life as a flower, as common as a field daisy, and as singular, and each name a comfortable music in the mouth, tending, as all music does, toward silence, and each body as a lion of courage, and something precious to the earth. [from the poem "When Death Comes"]
    -- Mary Oliver

#Flower #Sisterhood #Thinking

• If American men are obsessed with money, American women are obsessed with weight. The men talk of gain, the women talk of loss, and I do not know which talk is the more boring.
    -- Marya Mannes

#Loss #Sisterhood #Men

• Equal pay isn't just a women's issue; when women get equal pay, their family incomes rise and the whole family benefits.
    -- Michael M. Honda

#Equality #Sisterhood #Equal Pay

• My sisters and mom raised me to respect women and open doors for them.
    -- Milo Ventimiglia

#Mom #Mother #Sisterhood

• The only thing the women were after was just the chance to help the world on. But some men were so dreadfully afraid of them that they refused to understand, and talked about 'shrieking sisterhoods' and 'disappointed spinsters' and rubbish of that sort.
    -- Nancy Astor

#Sisterhood #Men #World

• Women are going to form a chain, a greater sisterhood than the world has ever known.
    -- Nellie L. McClung

#Sisterhood #World #Chains

• Sisterhood - that is, primary and bonding love from women - is, like motherhood, a capacity, not a destiny. It must be chosen, exercised by acts of will.
    -- Olga Broumas

#Motherhood #Destiny #Sisterhood

• Sisterhood is a funny thing. It's easy to recognize, but hard to define.
    -- Pearl Cleage

#Sisterhood #Funny Things #Easy

• But whenever she thanks the givers for favors great and small, she thinks of the good little sister who gave her more than they all.
    -- Phoebe Cary

#Sisterhood #Thinking #Little Sister

• I have thought a sufficient measure of civilization is the influence of good women.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

#Sisterhood #Civilization #Good Woman

• there is more to this hijab than the whole modesty thing. These girls are strangers to me but I know that we all felt an amazing connection, a sense that this cloth binds us in some kind of universal sisterhood.
    -- Randa Abdel-Fattah

#Girl #Sisterhood #Hijab

• How wide and sweet and wild motherhood and sisterhood can be.
    -- Rebecca Wells

#Sweet #Motherhood #Sisterhood

• Because there's one thing stronger than magic: sisterhood.
    -- Robin Benway

#Sisterhood #Magic #Stronger

• Sisterhood is powerful.
    -- Robin Morgan

#Sister #Powerful #Sisterhood

• Once made equal to man, woman becomes his superior.
    -- Socrates

#Sisterhood #Men #Made

• I would rather trust a woman's instinct than a man's reason.
    -- Stanley Baldwin

#Trust #Sisterhood #Men

• We have set out on a quest for true humanity, and somewhere on the distant horizon we can see the glittering prize. Let us march forth with courage and determination, drawing strength from our common plight and our brotherhood [and sisterhood]. In time we shall be in a position to bestow upon South Africa the greatest gift possible--a more human face
    -- Steven Biko

#Determination #Sisterhood #Drawing

• Sisterhood is powerful. It kills. Mostly sisters.
    -- Ti-Grace Atkinson

#Powerful #Sisterhood

• The thing about guitar players is we're all like a brotherhood or sisterhood. We don't care if you're great, good, bad, in between or whatever. As long as you love it, then we're all going to help each other.
    -- Tommy Emmanuel

#Player #Sisterhood #Guitar

• Women's rights is not only an abstraction, a cause; it is also a personal affair. It is not only about us; it is also about me and you. Just the two of us.
    -- Toni Morrison

#Equality #Sisterhood #Two

• Women are a sisterhood. They make common cause in behalf of the sex; and, indeed, this is natural enough, when we consider the vast power that the law gives us over them.
    -- William Cobbett

#Sex #Sisterhood #Law

• So we grew together like to a double cherry, seeming parted, but yet an union in partition, two lovely berries molded on one stem.
    -- William Shakespeare

#Sisterhood #Two #Lovely

• I'm glad to be part of that brand and be a part of something that Hugh Hefner did. And it's a sisterhood - all the girls are sisters. You go there and it's a big old family. Once you're a Playmate you're a Playmate for life.
    -- Alyssa Arce

#Girl #Sisterhood #Bigs

• It's more than Fifth Harmony, the girl group - it's a sisterhood.
    -- Camila Cabello

#Girl #Sisterhood #Groups

• It turns out that a lot of women just have a problem with women in power. You know, this whole sisterhood, this whole let's go march for women's rights and, you know, just constantly talking about what women look like or what they wear, or making fun of their choices or presuming that they're not as powerful as the men around. This presumptive negativity about women in power I think is very unfortunate, because let's just try to access that and have a conversation about it, rather than a confrontation about it.
    -- Kellyanne Conway

#Fun #Powerful #Sisterhood

• I learned, viscerally, something that I knew intellectually: that I cannot protect my daughter from the difficulties as she may encounter in her search for her own identity, and that she will be OK. She has a sisterhood to share the experience with, in addition to her family.
    -- Linda Goldstein Knowlton

#Daughter #Sisterhood #Identity

• I grew up with a lot of brothers and I don't have any sisters, so for me it's really important to develop my sisterhood. It's something I've always coveted.
    -- Mickalene Thomas

#Brother #Sisterhood #Important

• Love him or hate him, Trump is a man who is certain about what he wants and sets out to get it, no holds barred. Women find his power almost as much of a turn-on as his money.
    -- Unknown

#Hate #Power #Sisterhood

• Patti Callahan Henry’s THE STORIES WE TELL is a lyrical exploration of love and longing, secrets and suspicion, family and friendship, all told with the author’s trademark insights into the hollows and curves of the heart and mind of a working woman who must balance the demands of motherhood, wifedom, sisterhood, and yes, the deepest cravings for artistic expression. I always love the stories PCH tells!
    -- Mary Kay Andrews

#Heart #Motherhood #Sisterhood

• Most of all, what I've learned is I need to share what it is that I know. And it's the whole reason I've done what I've done for as long as I've done it. It's that I'm able to use what I know in order to help someone else grow. And that's exactly what happened on Sisterhood of Hip Hop.
    -- MC Lyte

#Sisterhood #Order #Long

• We wound up taking my enterprise inside marketing, branding, management, finances. We went in there [Sisterhood of Hip Hop show] and taught them a little bit about everything in hopes of them being able to have some takeaways that they'd be able to use in the future for their own careers. And I think we were pretty successful.
    -- MC Lyte

#Successful #Sisterhood #Thinking

• I had a really good time on the show [Sisterhood of Hip Hop]. Most of all, what I've learned is I need to share what it is that I know.
    -- MC Lyte

#Sisterhood #Hip Hop #Needs