Sparks quotes

• I am only a spark: Make me a fire.
    -- Amado Nervo

#Fire #Sparks

• An idea might spark an essay, but never a story.
    -- Amy Hempel

#Ideas #Might #Sparks

• What he had yearned to embrace was not the flesh but a down spirit, a spark, the impalpable angel that inhabits the flesh.
    -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

#Angel #Flesh #Sparks

• We are sparks that must glow as brightly as possible.
    -- Asger Jorn

#Sparks

• Differences must be not merely tolerated, but seen as a fund of necessary polarities between which our creativity can spark like a dialectic.
    -- Audre Lorde

#Creativity #Differences #Sparks

• As a businessman, I know President Obama understands what it takes to spark economic growth, because I have seen him in action.
    -- Austin Ligon

#Growth #President #Sparks

• We always talk about being a spark and swinging the momentum of the game and that swung it.
    -- Barry Alvarez

#Games #Momentum #Sparks

• Defiance to constituted authority leaped like a spark from one flammable area to another, growing in heat as it went.
    -- Bernard Bailyn

#Growing #Sparks #Heat

• I have to feel connected before I record and the song has to spark something inside me. Very few songs do that. I guess it's a good process because I love all of my music.
    -- Britney Spears

#Song #Records #Sparks

• All it takes is one person who is committed, focused, and on a mission to spark an entire team into believing in themselves.
    -- Bruce Brown

#Team #Believe #Sparks

• You can't start a fire without a spark
    -- Bruce Springsteen

#Fire #Sparks

• The Sparks have always been committed to success and making the right moves to build upon their rich tradition in the WNBA.
    -- Candace Parker

#Moving #Sparks #Rich

• If one mouse is a spark...then ten thousand are a conflagration.
    -- Carmen Agra Deedy

#Sparks #Thousand #Mice

• A spark can set a whole forest on fire. Just a spark. Save it.
    -- Charles Bukowski

#Fire #Sparks #Forests

• Cravings are what drive habits. And figuring out how to spark a craving makes creating a new habit easier.
    -- Charles Duhigg

#Creating #Sparks #Habit

• I'm just so honored that the universe chose me to be the spark that has set off a raging inferno
    -- Cindy Sheehan

#Sparks #Rage #Inferno

• It is only occasional that talent becomes genius - radiating sparks, brilliance, energy, and charismatic magnetism... such a talent was Janis Joplin.
    -- Clive Davis

#Energy #Genius #Sparks

• A mighty flame followeth a tiny spark.
    -- Dante Alighieri

#Flames #Sparks #Tiny

• When sparks fly, some truly great ideas come to light.
    -- David Heinemeier Hansson

#Light #Ideas #Sparks

• But there was something about you that made me think of sparks and motion.
    -- David Levithan

#Thinking #Sparks #Made

• Make yourself an efficient spark plug, igniting the latent energy of those about you.
    -- David Seabury

#Energy #Sparks #Efficiency

• Each part of speech a spark awaiting redemption, each a virtue, a power in abeyance....
    -- Denise Levertov

#Redemption #Speech #Sparks

• Wine adds a smile to friendship and a spark to love.
    -- Edmondo De Amicis

#Wine #Add #Sparks

• A whole roomful of Jews is like a charged battery. The vitality sparks seem to fly, and frequently the result is a short circuit.
    -- Edna Ferber

#Vitality #Batteries #Sparks

• As we descend deeper and deeper in this region its inhabitants become more and more modified, and fewer and fewer, indicating our approach towards an abyss where life is either extinguished , or exhibits but a few sparks to mark its lingering presence.
    -- Edward Forbes

#Gmos #Sparks #Life Is

• Never forget that you have the spark of the divine in you. Whatever you do or don't do won't change this fact.
    -- Elaine A. Cannon

#Divinity #Sparks #Facts

• a small spark can start a great fire
    -- Emmet Fox

#Fire #Sparks

• The postdoc explained to me how to distinguish different sorts of particles on the basis of the amounts of energy they deposited in various sorts of detectors, spark chambers, calorimeters, what have you.
    -- Eric Allin Cornell

#Energy #Different #Sparks

• Seen politically, systems follow one another, each consuming the previous one. They live on ever-bequeathed and ever-disappointed hope, which never entirely fades. Its spark is all that survives, as it eats its way along the blasting fuse. For this spark, history is merely an occasion, never a goal.
    -- Ernst Junger

#Goal #Sparks #Way

• There are moments when I feel like giving up or giving in, but I soon rally again and do my duty as I see it: to keep the spark of life inside me ablaze.
    -- Etty Hillesum

#Determination #Giving Up #Sparks

• For no man can forbid the spark nor tell whence it may come.
    -- Francis Bacon

#Men #May #Sparks

• Whenever I find a spark of that hidden fire that will sooner or later consume the old and create the new, I am drawn to it with love and hope, regarding it as a sign of my future home.
    -- Friedrich Schleiermacher

#Home #Fire #Sparks

• In the sciences, the authority of thousands of opinions is not worth as much as one tiny spark of reason in an individual man.
    -- Galileo Galilei

#Men #Sparks #Tiny

• A seed is really something spiritual as much as it is something material. It contains a life spark that allows the regenerative process to happen. We need seeds because they are the physical manifestation of that concept that we call hope.
    -- Gary Paul Nabhan

#Spiritual #Needs #Sparks

• I had been offered a Hollywood contract before my 18th birthday. It gave me the spark I needed.
    -- Gene Tierney

#Birthday #Hollywood #Sparks

• Nothing comes from nothing. You must continuously feed the inner beast that sparks and inspires.
    -- George Lois

#Creativity #Inspire #Sparks

• We seldom get into trouble when we speak softly. It is only when we raise our voices that the sparks fly and tiny molehills become great mountains of contention.
    -- Gordon B. Hinckley

#Voice #Mountain #Sparks

• All ideas come about through some sort of observation. It sparks an attitude; some object or emotion causes a reaction in the other person.
    -- Graham Chapman

#Attitude #Ideas #Sparks

• What's the impulse behind art? It's saying in whatever language is the language of your work, “If I could move you as much as it moved me … if I can move anyone a tenth as much as that moved me, if I can spark the same sense of mystery and awe and surprise as that sparked in me, well that's why I do what I do.”
    -- Greil Marcus

#Art #Moving #Sparks

• I never think it necessary to repeat calumnies; they are sparks, which, if you do not blow them, will go out of themselves.
    -- Herman Boerhaave

#Blow #Thinking #Sparks

• All living creatures are sparks from the radiation of God’s brilliance, emerging from God like the rays of the sun.
    -- Hildegard of Bingen

#Rays #Radiation #Sparks

• There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning.
    -- Hunter S. Thompson

#Winning #Sparks #Madness

• I don't think I have one particular favourite writer. I have many whose works I will always buy or reread - Muriel Spark, Anthony Powell, Robert Louis Stevenson, Ruth Rendell, James Ellroy, William McIlvanney, Kate Atkinson, John Burnside, Louise Welsh, Iain Banks.
    -- Ian Rankin

#Thinking #Ruth #Sparks

• The work of the individual still remains the spark that moves mankind forward.
    -- Igor Sikorsky

#Positive #Moving #Sparks

• It's been so amazing. I've always struggled with this barrier that I felt like I'd had up until blogging came along. Just one comment from somebody really sparks something in me. It doesn't need to be this huge war between me and the listeners anymore. I really thrive on that.
    -- Imogen Heap

#War #Needs #Sparks

• Even in the worm that crawls in the earth there glows a divine spark. When you slaughter a creature, you slaughter God.
    -- Isaac Bashevis Singer

#Religious #Earth #Sparks

• The masters of information have forgotten about poetry, where words may have a meaning quite different from what the lexicon says, where the metaphoric spark is always one jump ahead of the decoding function, where another, unforeseen reading is always possible.
    -- J. M. Coetzee

#Reading #Sparks #Different

• They were not half living, or quarter living. They were simply so many bags of bones in which sparks of life fluttered faintly.
    -- Jack London

#Bags #Half #Sparks

• Genuine leadership comes from the quality of your vision and your ability to spark others to extraordinary performance.
    -- Jack Welch

#Vision #Quality #Sparks

• The night crackled ... Everything had turned to static electricity in the heat. I combed my hair to watch the sparks fly from the ends.
    -- Janet Fitch

#Night #Hair #Sparks

• There is something else that is trying to come through - that lure of becoming - and it does come from the realm of spirit, it does come from the quantum universe, it does come from the great spark that is the threshold of time and history trying to emerge and electrify us.
    -- Jean Houston

#Trying #Doe #Sparks

• Those who despise fame seldom deserve it. We are apt to undervalue the purchase we cannot reach, to conceal our poverty the better. It is a spark which kindles upon the best fuel, and burns brightest in the bravest breast.
    -- Jeremy Collier

#Fuel #Sparks #Poverty

• Have fun. Especially while you're still young, you gotta keep the spark up. Even when things get boring, just remember to have fun.
    -- Jessica Sanchez

#Fun #Advice #Sparks

• For me, a painting must give off sparks. It must dazzle like the beauty of a woman or a poem.
    -- Joan Miro

#Giving #Dazzle #Sparks

• When you find great songs, and somehow you get a spark in a little way, it can become brand new.
    -- Joe Nichols

#Song #Littles #Sparks

• When the road gets dark - And you can no longer see - Just let my love throw a spark - And have a little faith in me.
    -- John Hiatt

#Dark #Littles #Sparks

• Often it was the most unlikely people who found within themselves a spark of something greater. It was probably always there, but most people are never tested, and they go through their whole lives without ever knowing that when things are at their worst, they are at their best.
    -- Jonathan Maberry

#Knowing #People #Sparks

• It's funny. When I saw the script in my inbox and it said 'Sparkle,' I thought, 'For real? It's really called 'Sparkle?'' I was wondering, too, how does 'Jordin Sparks as Sparkle' sound?
    -- Jordin Sparks

#Real #Sparks #Scripts

• We are odd compounds full of explosive material to which circumstances may at any time apply a spark, with results undreamed of even by those who thought they knew us best.
    -- Joseph P. Farrell

#Time #May #Sparks

• I love romantic comedies. I like to watch them and I like to be in them. It's something that's increasingly difficult to find that spark of originality that makes if different than the ones that come before.
    -- Julia Roberts

#Romantic Love #Sparks #Different

• I WILL SPARK A GENERATION OF THINKERS WHO WILL QUESTION TRADITIONAL THOUGHT UNTIL THEY FIND THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH
    -- Kanye West

#Conceited #Generations #Sparks

• Leave the fireworks for those who cast no spark of their own.
    -- Karen Abbott

#Sparks #Fireworks #Casts

• What can you do if you are thirty and, turning the corner of your own street, you are overcome, suddenly, by a feeling of bliss - absolute bliss - as though you'd suddenly swallowed a bright piece of that late afternoon sun and it burned in your bosom, sending out a little shower of sparks into every particle into every finger and toe?...
    -- Katherine Mansfield

#Feelings #Littles #Sparks

• A spark can become a flame, a flame a fire.
    -- Kathryn Lasky

#Fire #Flames #Sparks

• Changing the world doesn't happen all at once. It isn't a big bang. It's an evolution, the sum of a billion tiny sparks. And some of those sparks will have to come from you.
    -- Katie Couric

#Bangs #World #Sparks

• Each of us has a spark of life inside us, and our highest endeavor ought to be to set off that spark in one another.
    -- Kenny Ausubel

#Teacher #Sparks #Endeavor

• I had to learn what made Kim happy. I learned you have to take care of the spark in your eyes.
    -- Kim Alexis

#Eye #Care #Sparks

• A devious spark lit through Al, making me smile. One way. It costs too much, he said. “There’s no inflation in the ever-after, Al.” Call it a recession then. One way.
    -- Kim Harrison

#Sparks #Too Much #Way

• I was going to say the beginning is the good part, when it's all sparks and sparkles, before they are inevitably unmasked as assholes.
    -- Laini Taylor

#Sparks #Sparkle

• Friction makes sparks and sparks start creative conflagrations.
    -- Leo Burnett

#Creative #Sparks #Friction

• You have to rely on whatever sparks you have inside.
    -- Lisa Kleypas

#Strength #Beauty #Sparks

• There is a spark of idealism within every individual which can be fanned into flame and bring forth extraordinary results.
    -- Louis D. Brandeis

#Flames #Sparks #Individual

• Common sense is a vastly overrated virtue. I myself prefer the spark of genius.
    -- Margaret Millar

#Common Sense #Genius #Sparks

• The wind flew. God told to wind to condense itself and out of the flurry came the horse. But with the spark of sprit the horse flew by the wind itself.
    -- Marguerite Henry

#Horse #Wind #Sparks

• Certein bodies... become luminous when heated. Their luminosity disappears after some time, but the capacity of becoming luminous afresh through heat is restored to them by the action of a spark, and also by the action of radium.
    -- Marie Curie

#Body #Sparks #Fresh Start

• Mention the name George W. Bush in mixed company, and you're likely to spark a lot of debate and emotion - hot and cold, good and bad. Not a lot of neutral reaction. He was elected in the most controversial contest in American electoral history and governed during one of the most tumultuous decades.
    -- Mark McKinnon

#Names #Sparks #Hot

• Creativity is that marvelous capacity to grasp mutually distinct realities and draw a spark from their juxtaposition.
    -- Max Ernst

#Creativity #Reality #Sparks

• when you think you've got hold of a genius ... you can't be sure whether it's a spark of the divine fire or a mere flash in the pan.
    -- May Sinclair

#Thinking #Fire #Sparks

• As an author you hope your characters have sparks but truly in the end they have minds of their own!
    -- Melissa de la Cruz

#Character #Mind #Sparks

• The fuses had been lit and could not be extinguished. All that remained was to observe the speed of the spark, and the size of the explosions.
    -- Michael Lewis

#Size #Sparks #Speed

• Write down each day what surprised you and how you surprised others. When something strikes a spark of interest, follow it.
    -- Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

#Writing #Sparks #Each Day

• Heed the spark or you may dread the fire ...
    -- Miles Franklin

#Fire #Sparks #Slippery Slope

• Sparks fly, it's like electricity...
    -- Miranda Cosgrove

#Sparks #Electricity

• here and there in the barrios and the favelas, among those who have least, beat hearts of hope, fly sparks of Overcoming.
    -- Mumia Abu-Jamal

#Heart #Favelas #Sparks

• I've always had a fighter's spark in me. I was born with it. I think it's in my blood.
    -- Nicole Scherzinger

#Thinking #Blood #Sparks

• but his eyes were too dark for her to make out any spark in them
    -- Paolo Giordano

#Eye #Dark #Sparks

• We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists.
    -- Patrick Henry

#Second Amendment #Sparks #Revolution

• When you have an intense contact of love with nature or another human being, like a spark, then you understand that there is no time and that everything is eternal.
    -- Paulo Coelho

#Live In The Moment #Sparks #Moments

• You have this comet trail of your own lived life, sparks from which arrive in the head all the time, whether you want them or not - life has been lived but it is still all going on, in the mind for better and for worse.
    -- Penelope Lively

#Mind #Sparks #Want

• a single word even may be a spark of inextinguishable thought
    -- Percy Bysshe Shelley

#Sparks #May #Single Word

• It is a lively spark of nobleness to descend in most favour to one when he is lowest in affliction
    -- Philip Sidney

#Sympathy #Sparks #Favour

• A spark neglected has often raised a conflagration. [Lat., Parva saepe scintilla contempta magnum excitavit incendium.]
    -- Quintus Curtius Rufus

#Fire #Sparks #Neglected

• A spark neglected has often raised a conflagration.
    -- Quintus Curtius Rufus

#Fire #Sparks #Neglected

• Youth is, after all, just a moment, but it is the moment, the spark that you always carry in your heart.
    -- Raisa Gorbacheva

#Heart #Sparks #Youth

• Genius is fine for the ignition spark, but to get there someone has to see that the radiator doesn't leak and no tire is flat.
    -- Rex Stout

#Genius #Sparks #Tire

• God is goodness itself, in whom all goodness is involved.  If therefore we love other things for the goodness which we see in them, why do we not love God, in whom is all goodness?  All other things are but sparks of that fire, and drops of that sea.  If you see any good in the creature, remember there is much more in the Creator.  Leave therefore the streams, and go to the fountainhead of comfort.
    -- Richard Sibbes

#Sea #Fire #Sparks

• A spark neglected makes a mighty fire.
    -- Robert Herrick

#Fire #Sparks #Neglected

• For only fools, fanatics, and mental cases can stand living at the highest pitch of soul; a sane person must be content with declaring that life would not be worth living without a spark of that mysterious fire.
    -- Robert Musil

#Fire #Soul #Sparks

• Do not worry if all the candles in the world flicker and die. We have the spark that starts the fire.
    -- Rumi

#Fire #Worry #Sparks

• In the silence of LOVE you will find the Spark of LIFE.
    -- Rumi

#Love You #Silence #Sparks