Hug quotes

• I wanted to make sure that I did one movie in my career that mothers hug me for.
    -- Adam Sandler

#Mother #Careers #Hug

• Sometimes you don't really need armor to feel protected. Sometimes maybe you need just a chiffon dress to hug you.
    -- Alber Elbaz

#Hug #Dresses #Needs

• Hug me till you drug me, honey; Kiss me till I'm in a coma.
    -- Aldous Huxley

#Kissing #Drug #Hug

• One never hugs one's good luck so affectionately as when listening to the relation of some horrible misfortunes which has overtaken others.
    -- Alexander Smith

#Good Luck #Listening #Hug

• If you turn the heat down on the relationship, she will soften, the tension will lessen, and she will eventually inch closer to you. Don't go in for the hug until you achieve a handshake.
    -- Amy Dickinson

#Women #Hug #Heat

• Mrs. Obama has a hug - a sincere and friendly embrace - that has become familiar to countless supporters from coast to coast. And when she talks to you, she focuses all her calm attention on your face.
    -- Andre Leon Talley

#Hug #Friendly #Attention

• Everywhere I go people come up to me, they mob me - anyone who has MS or has a relative with MS - they come up and hug and cry.
    -- Ann Romney

#People #Hug #Cry

• The decisions that Ellen made on her show were between her and her producers. I supported her decisions. I was there to hug her when she got home.
    -- Anne Heche

#Home #Decision #Hug

• When I'm dancing with any woman, I immediately get rid of intimacy barriers. I just give her a big hug and crack on.
    -- Anton du Beke

#Giving #Dancing #Hug

• Now the dressing-room full of RSC hierarchy. Suddenly Trevor Nunn pushes his way through and 'Trevs' me. I've heard a lot about this 'Trevving', but never had it done to me. From what I'd heard, a 'Trev' is an arm round your shoulder and a sideways squeeze. But this 'Trev' is a full frontal hug, so complete and so intimate that the dressing-room instantly clears, as if by suction. I'm left alone in the arms of this famous man wondering whether it's polite to let go.
    -- Antony Sher

#Letting Go #Men #Hug

• There is very little you can beat into a child, but no limit to what you can hug out of it.
    -- Astrid Lindgren

#Children #Hug #Littles

• If I see my fans crying, I just want to give them a hug and tell them I love them.
    -- Austin Mahone

#Giving #Hug #Fans

• Mr. President, Mrs. Obama. There is a photograph of you [hugging] that went viral, became the most shared photograph in the history of Twitter. How do you keep the fire going?
    -- Barbara Walters

#Fire #Hug #President

• For a terrifying moment I thought he was going to hug me, but fortunately we both remembered we were English just in time. Still, it was a close call.
    -- Ben Aaronovitch

#Hug #Moments #Close Calls

• They invented hugs to let people know you love them without saying anything.
    -- Bil Keane

#Valentines Day #People #Hug

• My dad didn't hug me every day and say he loved me and anything like that.
    -- Billy Bob Thornton

#Dad #Hug #My Dad

• Bono as we all know, is in love with the world, he's enamoured by it. I'm enraged by it. He wants to give the world a great big hug, I want to punch its lights out.
    -- Bob Geldof

#Light #Giving #Hug

• Guys are OK... shake their hand... Women are special. You can hug 'em.
    -- Bon Scott

#Hands #Guy #Hug

• Bewildered as he might be, sometimes a man's highest calling is simply to stand, and hug.
    -- Brent Weeks

#Men #Hug #Calling

• When dogs are actually looking at you, they're essentially hugging you with their eyes.
    -- Brian Hare

#Dog #Eye #Hug

• Handshakes and Hugs will always trump Likes and Shares.
    -- C.C. Chapman

#Hug #Likes #Share

• I'm more the sort of person who doesn't like hugging strangers because we don't know each other, so we shouldn't.
    -- Carey Mulligan

#Hug #Stranger #Persons

• The story of a mother's life: Trapped between a scream and a hug.
    -- Cathy Guisewite

#Mother #Hug #Stories

• I looked in the audience. There were no strangers. Everybody was singing and cheering and hugging. That was a beautiful picture to look at.
    -- Celine Dion

#Beautiful #Cheer #Hug

• A fan will grab you and hug you and will not let go. When that happens, you wish it could be that way all over the world.
    -- Charley Pride

#Letting Go #Hug #Wish

• Can you even imagine not hugging?
    -- Charlie Crist

#Hug #Imagine

• Brothers don't shake hands, brothers gotta HUG!!!
    -- Chris Farley

#Brother #Hands #Hug

• As a father, I would say I am more like a mother. I do a lot of hugging.
    -- Damien Hirst

#Mother #Father #Hug

• Some moments can only be cured with a big squishy grandma hug.
    -- Daniel Pearce

#Grandma #Grandmother #Hug

• There are all of these people that say, my mommy doesn't love me enough, my daddy doesn't hug me enough. There are some people that would want to coddle them somewhere. I want them to shut up and stop whining.
    -- Danny Bonaduce

#Daddy #People #Hug

• Quick! Head for the ground floor! We have to get out! We will die if we stay! The vampires are here!" "Haven't you got a hug for me, Larten, old buddy?
    -- Darren Shan

#Hug #Vampire #Buddy

• Don't assume that money, shelter and creature comforts are enough to demonstrate your love. Nothing can replace your presence, your hug, your smile, your touch - you!
    -- Denis Waitley

#Love #Hug #Your Smile

• I was waiting for my teammates to embrace me and no one came, ... I told them, 'Come hug me or the referee isn't going to allow it.'
    -- Diego Maradona

#Waiting #Hug #Teammate

• The only thing to do is to hug one's friends tight and do one's job.
    -- Edith Wharton

#Friendship #Jobs #Hug

• And the bottom line is we are who we are-we look a certain way, we talk a certain way, we walk a certain way. I strut because I’m a supermodel, and sometimes I gallop for fun. When we learn to accept that, other people learn to accept us. So be who you really are. Embrace who you are. Literally. Hug yourself. Accept who you are. Unless you’re a serial killer.
    -- Ellen DeGeneres

#Fun #People #Hug

• I cannot contain this. Please, can we all have something sexual together? You're both beautiful, even just a hug.'
    -- Emilia Clarke

#Beautiful #Hug #Together

• After his kisses and hugs it feels like without them my body will fall apart into pieces.
    -- Francesca Lia Block

#Fall #Kissing #Hug

• Be as far from desiring the popular love as fearful to deserve the popular hate; ruin dwells in both: the one will hug thee to death; the other will crush thee to destruction: to escape the first, be not ambitious; to avoid the second, be not seditious.
    -- Francis Quarles

#Crush #Hate #Hug

• How I wish I could hug everyone and tell them that it's okay. It's okay to be scared and angry and hurt and selfish. It's part of being human,
    -- Frank Warren

#Hurt #Selfish #Hug

• I consider myself lucky that Sheila Johnson, the cofounder of Black Entertainment Television, didn't choose to rest on her very impressive business laurels. Her luscious 100 percent modal scarves, printed with photos she takes all over the world, are gorgeous. Wearing one is like being wrapped in a hug.
    -- Gayle King

#Black #Hug #Entertainment

• The only failure one should fear, is not hugging to the purpose they see as best.
    -- George Eliot

#Failure #Hug #Purpose

• Everyone wants a hug and kiss. It translates into any language.
    -- Georgette Mosbacher

#Best Love #Kissing #Hug

• orthodoxy is a fixed habit of mind. The average man and woman hug their orthodoxies and spit their venom on those that outrage them.
    -- Gertrude Atherton

#Men #Average #Hug

• Laughing together is as close as you can get to a hug without touching.
    -- Gina Barreca

#Laughing #Touching #Hug

• The key to beating the Dodgers is to keep them form hugging each other too much.
    -- Graig Nettles

#Keys #Hug #Too Much

• Elena had always felt like the center of her own world - who doesn't? The world arranged itself around her like petals around the stem of a flower. This way the meadows, that way the woodland. Over here, the baryn's estate, out there, the hills that hug the known world close and imply a world at beyond. She could never come up with the edge of a world, because it always kept going on beyond. She moved the center of the world as she walked. The world was balanced on her head.
    -- Gregory Maguire

#Life #Flower #Hug

• I love hugging people. If they are happy, I'm happy too.
    -- Greyson Chance

#People #Hug

• No matter how hard you hug your money, it never hugs back.
    -- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

#Money #Hug #Matter

• When you hug someone, never be the first to let go.
    -- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

#Letting Go #Hug #Firsts

• The database hugging in public institutions is hampering innovation.
    -- Hans Rosling

#Innovation #Hug #Databases

• Once the bear's hug has got you, it is apt to be for keeps.
    -- Harold MacMillan

#Hug #Bears

• The mystery of God hugs you in its all-encompassing arms.
    -- Hildegard of Bingen

#Hug #Arms #Mystery

• A kiss is a secret told to the mouth instead of the ear; kisses are the messengers of love and tenderness.
    -- Ingrid Bergman

#Kissing #Secret #Hug

• Nobody loves me. Sometimes I wish God could come down and hug me.
    -- Ja Rule

#Reality #Hug #Wish

• I'm still waiting for the Lord to come hug me.
    -- Ja Rule

#Religious #Waiting #Hug

• I am a guy, but if its Yunho, whenever Yunho hugs meit feels romantic.
    -- Jaejoong

#Guy #Hug #Hug Me

• I was lonely driving here tonight so I hugged the road.
    -- Jay London

#Lonely #Hug #Tonight

• Tate grabbed me, hugging me so hard, I knew I'd have bruises. He was probably unaware of it, not having had much time to get used to his new strength. I pushed at him, "Tate...you're squeezing me too hard." He let go of me so fast I almost staggered. "Oh Christ, I can't do anything right!
    -- Jeaniene Frost

#Letting Go #Hug #Bruises

• He who hugs too much, hugs badly!
    -- Jeanne Calment

#Hug #Too Much

• Kiss me, please kiss me But kiss me out of desire, babe, and not consolation You know it makes me so angry 'cause i know that in time I'll only make you cry, this is our last goodbye.
    -- Jeff Buckley

#Goodbye #Kissing #Hug

• Any instructions?” Carpenter said. “Yeah,” Shane said. “Shoot anybody who looks at Agnes funny. And anybody else you don’t like. I’m getting tired of this shi*.” “Somebody needs a hug,” Carpenter said. “Humor,” Shane said. “Har.
    -- Jennifer Crusie

#Tired #Hug #Needs

• That Hollywood thing, where everybody hugs and kisses everybody else-I always stiffen. It's an assumed familiarity. It's phony.
    -- Jennifer Tilly

#Kissing #Hug #Hollywood

• A hug is like a strangle you haven't finished yet.
    -- Jenny Lawson

#Hug #Affection

• There's two to wash, two to dry; There's two who argue, two who cry; There's two to kiss, two to hug; and best of all, there's two to love!
    -- Jerry Smith

#Kissing #Two #Hug

• But I really would love to give her a very special gift. I was hoping if I did, she might give me a kiss in return, instead of the brotherly hugs I always get instead.
    -- Jessica Day George

#Kissing #Giving #Hug

• The smile made her want to hug him, and maybe love him up some more. Stupid smile.
    -- Jill Shalvis

#Stupid #Hug #Want

• There is no remedy for death--or birth--except to hug the spaces in between. Live loud. Live wide. Live tall.
    -- Jim Crace

#Space #Hug #Birth

• I ain't saying you're a liar, because that wouldn't be polite. But I'll tell you this, ma'am. If I loved liars, I'd hug you to death.
    -- Jim Thompson

#Liars #Hug #Polite

• I had true rivalries. Not only did I want to beat my opponent, but I didn't want to let him up, either. I had a rivalry with Mac, Lendl, Borg. Everybody knew there was tension between us, on court and off. That's what's really ingrained in my mind: 'This is real. This isn't a soft rivalry.' There were no hugs and kisses.
    -- Jimmy Connors

#Real #Kissing #Hug

• Is it just me, or did Tamou go to hug a Kiwi before realising he had just scored for Australia?
    -- Joe Galuvao

#Australia #League #Hug

• Just because everybody else is engaged in a group hug with Barack Obama doesn't mean that somebody doesn't have to tell the truth.
    -- Joe Scarborough

#Mean #Hug #Groups

• Simply because the nanny-state wants to hug you doesn't mean it's not tyrannical if you don't want to be hugged.
    -- Jonah Goldberg

#Mean #Hug #Nannies

• That's a gesture of endearment in some cultures. Some hug, some kiss, some set each other on fire in small patches of woodland
    -- Jonathan Stroud

#Kissing #Fire #Hug

• The Seinfeld motto: No learning, no hugging
    -- Julia Louis-Dreyfus

#Hug #Motto

• It's all about the director for me; we have to click. It's a trust thing. I'll say I'm ready to let down my walls. I'll cry for you as long as you need. But you're going to have to hug me afterwards.
    -- Juno Temple

#Wall #Long #Hug

• I have yet to meet a person whose favorite movie is 'Gigli', but I hope to meet them one day and give them a hug.
    -- Justin Bartha

#Giving #Hug #One Day

• I don't understand why my fans ask for a hug, like, i don't mind, just come and hug me!
    -- Justin Bieber

#Hug #Mind #Fans

• A hug makes you feel good all day.
    -- Kathleen Keating

#Kissing #Feel Good #Hug

• She hug me around my neck, say, "You're righter than Miss Taylor." I tear up then. My cup is spilling over. Those is new words to me.
    -- Kathryn Stockett

#Missing #Hug #Tears

• I love you, hugs & kisses, smoochies galore, licks, nibbles & assorted gropages!! -Aisling said to Drake
    -- Katie MacAlister

#Love You #Kissing #Hug

• Remy you're my king." I hug him hard. "There's no chess game for me without you.
    -- Katy Evans

#Kings #Games #Hug

• Hug me and you will see the moon. Love me and I will bring the moon to you!
    -- Kelly Clark

#I Love You #Moon #Hug

• My kids don't watch my movies. What I want to do is go home and hug my kids, talk to them and engage with them.
    -- Kevin Bacon

#Home #Kids #Hug

• I knew Elmo should represent love. Kissing and hugging.
    -- Kevin Clash

#Kissing #Hug #Elmo

• The tendency of modern American women to exclaim 'Hiiiiiiiiiiii!' in soprano octaves and hug each other upon sight can be disconcerting to those unfamiliar with it.
    -- Kevin Hearne

#Sight #Hug #Sopranos

• The good thing is we got this over in spring training. We played them three or four times and got all the hugs out of the way. Now it's time to go out there and beat them.
    -- Kevin Millar

#Spring #Hug #Training

• The world is a mess. It seems that life gets harder on a personal level each and every day. Hug and kiss those you love every day. You never know when the tragedies of this world may visit your life.
    -- Kevin Nash

#Kissing #Hug #Tragedy

• Katsa hugged her for a long time, and Bitterblue understood that this was always how it would be. Katsa would come and then Katsa would go. But the hug was real, and lasting, even though it would end. The coming was as real as the going, and the coming would always be a promise. It would have to be good enough.
    -- Kristin Cashore

#Real #Long #Hug

• I wish I could just hug you all, but I'm not gonna.
    -- Layne Staley

#Hug #Wish #Hug You

• Everybody needs a hug. It changes your metabolism.
    -- Leo Buscaglia

#Hug #Needs #Metabolism

• And you, Mom. I loved you. You've asked if i felt and understood that you loved me. of course I did. And you know this. I loved your love because it kept me safe and happy and wanted, and it existed beyond words and hugs and eyes.
    -- Lisa Genova

#Mom #Eye #Hug

• Shirley MacLaine said, You're so funny, then gave me a hug. Everything went white. I couldn't hear, I couldn't see. I thought I was going to pass out
    -- Lisa Kudrow

#White #Hug #Said

• I see the invisible spirits, where demons still find it livable. I need a hug to hold my soul inside my body.
    -- Lisa Lopes

#Soul #Hug #Needs

• I like kisses that aren't too fast or rushed - that's what makes a good kiss.
    -- Louis Tomlinson

#Kissing #Hug

• P.P.S. I am giving you telepathic hugs. P.P.P.S. But not in a telepathically lezzie way.
    -- Louise Rennison

#Giving #Hug #Way

• Like so many other positive acts, it turns out that hugging boosts our immune system. Plus it just plain feels good! So hug someone today, perhaps a person who seems particularly in need.
    -- M. J. Ryan

#Feel Good #Hug #Needs

• Unrequited love," I'd say. He'd look at me sideways in that cunning way he did and say, "what about it?" and I'd reply, "it's not your color." Pithy. Just to show him that I'd noticed. Or maybe I'd show myself to her and say, "Guess I'm not the only one who uses humans around here." And then I'd summon some of Owain's hounds to chew off the bottom bits of her legs. Then she wouldn't fit just right into his arms. She'd be too short. It'd be like hugging a midget. Nuala- pg. 75
    -- Maggie Stiefvater

#Unrequited Love #Color #Hug

• You can't get AIDS from a hug or a handshake or a meal with a friend.
    -- Magic Johnson

#Hug #Meals #Aids

• I like pencil skirts because they hug me in all the right places.
    -- Mandy Moore

#Hug #Skirts #Hug Me

• You know you are fat when you hug a child and it gets lost.
    -- Marcus Brigstocke

#Children #Hug #Lost