Rockets quotes

• I've been told I sold 110m albums and singles. If that's the case, I should've come here in a space rocket.
    -- Adam Ant

#Space #Albums #Rockets

• Stand back! I gotta get some rocket fuel out of the fridge!
    -- Adam Savage

#Fuel #Rockets #Fridges

• It seems farther away now because there are no rockets getting there. Nobody is going.
    -- Alan Bean

#Rockets

• You don't try and put rockets under prime ministers.
    -- Andrew Forrest

#Trying #Rockets #Prime

• I would say we want to stop the firing of rockets, for sure. But we also want to dismantle the terror - the tunnel - the terror tunnel networks that we have uncovered.
    -- Benjamin Netanyahu

#Tunnels #Want #Rockets

• What's the point of wearing your favorite rocket ship underpants if nobody ever asks to see 'em?
    -- Bill Watterson

#Ems #Rockets #Ships

• When I was doing Dobie Gillis, I got blasted off to the moon with a chimp in a rocket, and I landed on a deserted tropic island. That should have told me something was coming.
    -- Bob Denver

#Moon #Islands #Rockets

• We're right next to Mile High Stadium. I'm no rocket scientist, but...uh...(smile).
    -- Brian Skrudland

#Hockey #Rockets #Next

• We didn't have practical model rockets in the '50s. The ones we made were very dangerous and the kids that played with them didn't have all their fingers, and sometimes were blind in one eye.
    -- Burt Rutan

#Kids #Eye #Rockets

• Resentments are the rocket fuel that lives in the tip of my saber.
    -- Charlie Sheen

#Fuel #Rockets #Resentment

• I'm really glad that I made a lot of mistakes, poorly chose my friends throughout my twenties, and didn't have a rocket trajectory that set me on one path without making any mistakes or having any setbacks. The older I get, the more I realize that it's all of these failed, horrible things from my past, and the stories that they generated, that are the things I will draw on for the rest of my life.
    -- Chuck Palahniuk

#Mistake #Past #Rockets

• The key to success is having some discipline, .. You don't have to be rocket scientist.
    -- David Caruso

#Keys #Discipline #Rockets

• The great thing about being an astronaut is you kind of get to do a little bit of everything. I mean, we're going to ride a rocket uphill.
    -- David M. Brown

#Mean #Littles #Rockets

• Yet another proposal would have us rocket the waste into the sun, but, as you're probably aware, about one in ten of our space shots doesn't quite make it out of the earth's gravitational field.
    -- David R. Brower

#Space #Earth #Rockets

• When I looked into the mechanics of being a businessman, I found it wasn't rocket science.
    -- Donny Deutsch

#Business #Rockets #Mechanic

• This individual does not know where initiative ends and rocket-propelled idiocy begins.
    -- Elizabeth Moon

#Doe #Rockets #Initiative

• The clans began to bombard the outer force field with rockets, missiles, nukes, and harsh language.
    -- Ernest Cline

#Nukes #Rockets #Fields

• It's really not rocket science. If animals are not mere things; if they have moral value, we cannot justify eating, wearing, or using them particularly when we have no better reason than palate pleasure or fashion. If you are eating, wearing, or using animals, then your actions say that you regard them as mere things, despite what your words say.
    -- Gary L. Francione

#Fashion #Animal #Rockets

• The Retrofire rockets seem to be responding well
    -- Gherman Titov

#Rockets #Responding #Wells

• The Palestinian must stop throwing stones, and the Israelis must stop firing rockets. And in the view of the Sharm el-Sheikh summit, rockets are equal to stones.
    -- Hassan Nasrallah

#Views #Throwing Stones #Rockets

• If there is a small rocket on top of a big one, and if the big one is jettisoned and the small one is ignited, then their speeds are added.
    -- Hermann Oberth

#Rockets #Speed #Bigs

• The rockets... can be built so powerfully that they could be capable of carrying a man aloft.
    -- Hermann Oberth

#Men #Rockets #Capable

• A rocket won't fly unless somebody lights the fuse!
    -- Homer Hickam

#Light #Rockets

• I love Groot so much I get teary eyed when I think of him sometimes. Essentially, all the Guardians start out the movie as bastards - except Groot. He’s an innocent. He’s a hundred percent deadly and a hundred percent sweet. He’s caught up in Rocket’s life, really.
    -- James Gunn

#Sweet #Thinking #Rockets

• If you put somebody on a crack pipe and give them a 9 mm Baretta, you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out what's going to happen next.
    -- James Lee Burke

#Giving #Cracks #Rockets

• It ain't always rocket science, sometimes a door is just a door.
    -- James Rollins

#Doors #Rockets #Sometimes

• Human relationships are not rocket science--the are far, far more complicated
    -- James W. Pennebaker

#Rockets #Complicated #Rocket Science

• Most recently, terrorist forces have captured Israeli soldiers and fired rockets into Israeli cities - both unprovoked. These acts of aggression deserve the rapid and decisive response they received.
    -- John Boehner

#Cities #Soldier #Rockets

• Rocket science has been mythologized all out of proportion to its true difficulty.
    -- John Carmack

#Rockets #Proportion #Difficulty

• As I hurtled through space, one thought kept crossing my mind - every part of this rocket was supplied by the lowest bidder.
    -- John Glenn

#Space #Mind #Rockets

• There's the whole myth about rocket science. It's really not that hard. It's not brain surgery.
    -- John Powell

#Brain #Rockets #Myth

• We can shoot rockets into space but we can't cure anger or discontent.
    -- John Steinbeck

#Space #Rockets #Cures

• I'm so uncoordinated, I can't really do that much, so my specialty is standing in one spot or holding on to something, like an exploding rocket or a jetski.
    -- Johnny Knoxville

#Rockets #Holding On #Spots

• Build a rocket ship and leave the earth!
    -- Jon Heder

#Earth #Rockets #Ships

• You can't ask your pharmacist to stock larger quantities of potassium nitrate because you want to make a bigger rocket.
    -- Kary Mullis

#Want #Potassium #Rockets

• It's not rocket science to make a movie.
    -- Katie Aselton

#Rockets #Rocket Science

• What I do is not rocket science, but I sure do love it.
    -- Kyle Chandler

#Rockets #Rocket Science

• It's too bad patient-centered care is not rocket science, because if it was, we would be really good at it.
    -- Laura Gilpin

#Would Be #Care #Rockets

• Rocket ships are exciting but so are roses on a birthday.
    -- Leonard Nimoy

#Rose #Rockets #Ships

• The truth is that once you get down on the trading floor, you find that the traders come from all walks of life. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to be a trader. In fact, some of the best traders whom I knew down on the floor were surf bums. Formal education didn't really seem to have much to do with a person's skill as a trader.
    -- Linda Bradford Raschke

#Skills #Rockets #Facts

• My mother was a modern woman with a limited interest in religion. When the sun set and the fast of the Day of Atonement ended, she shot from the synagogue like a rocket to dance the Charleston.
    -- Lionel Blue

#Dance #Mother #Rockets

• Most women would rather have someone whisper their name at optimum moments than rocket with contractions to the moon.
    -- Merle Shain

#Moon #Names #Rockets

• When you launch in a rocket, you're not really flying that rocket. You're just sort of hanging on.
    -- Michael P. Anderson

#Flying #Rockets #Hanging On

• Like the old Italian saying goes, 'It ain't rocket surgery.
    -- Nadia Giosia

#Italian #Rockets #Surgery

• Just imagine: I, a Premier, a Soviet representative, when I came here to this city, I was given a plan - a program of what I was to be shown and whom I was to meet here. But just now, I was told that I could not go to Disneyland. I asked, 'Why not?' What is it, do you have rocket-launching pads there? I do not know
    -- Nikita Khrushchev

#Cities #Rockets #Pads

• I mean, gosh, my first tours I ever did were with the Ramones and Iggy Pop and Love & Rockets.
    -- Perry Farrell

#Mean #Rockets #Firsts

• I would not be able to change a sparking plug and I would not be able to fly a spaceship or build a rocket or whatever. But what I am good at doing is finding brilliant people and surrounding myself with brilliant people.
    -- Richard Branson

#People #Able #Rockets

• The space shuttle is a better and safer rocket than it was before the Challenger accident.
    -- Sally Ride

#Space #Rockets #Accidents

• Rocket science is tough, and rockets have a way of failing.
    -- Sally Ride

#Rockets #Way #Tough

• Panic is efficient. Panic is effective. Panic is the way I get things done! Panic attacks are my booster rockets!
    -- Sandra Tsing Loh

#Anxiety #Panic #Rockets

• I'm a huge Wes Anderson fan. I literally love every single film. He hasn't made a bad film; I've seen every single one. They've all been brilliant, from 'Bottle Rocket' up to 'Moonrise Kingdom,' they've all been wonderful.
    -- Saoirse Ronan

#Bottles #Kingdoms #Rockets

• I even have a Harmony Rocket and a Stratocaster with a scalloped neck back in Florida.
    -- Scott Putesky

#Florida #Rockets #Necks

• Most technological advances in our life now come from serendipitous discoveries. That is a contraction of rocket technology and computer technology and atomic clock technology.
    -- Serge Haroche

#Technology #Discovery #Rockets

• If both sides reduced their long-range missiles by 50%, SDI would be an unacceptable threat to the remaining Soviet rocket forces.
    -- Sergey Akhromeyev

#Long #Would Be #Rockets

• The problem of destroying enemy rockets in flight has been successfully solved in our country.
    -- Sergey Biryuzov

#Country #Enemy #Rockets

• Time travel used to be thought of as just science fiction, but Einstein's general theory of relativity allows for the possibility that we could warp space-time so much that you could go off in a rocket and return before you set out.
    -- Stephen Hawking

#Space #Fiction #Rockets

• IT is now reaching out to fuels and chemicals, energy and clean tech, rockets, all kinds of bizarre industries that formerly didn’t face much competition.
    -- Steve Jurvetson

#Competition #Fuel #Rockets

• Rockets are bad technology. iPhones are good technology
    -- Steve Wozniak

#Technology #Iphone #Rockets

• It's only rock and roll, my god! It's not rocket science.
    -- Steven Adler

#Rocks #Rock And Roll #Rockets

• That’s one of the reasons I never wanted to get married. The last thing I wanted was infinite security and to be the place an arrow shoots off from. I wanted change and excitement and to shoot off in all directions myself, like the colored arrows from a Fourth of July rocket.
    -- Sylvia Plath

#Arrows #July #Rockets

• What’s this? What are the antagonists doing here – infiltrating their own audience? Well, they’re not really. It’s somebody else’s audience at the moment, and these nightly spectacles are an appreciable part of the darkside hours of life of the rocket capital. The chances for any paradox here, really, are less than you think.
    -- Thomas Pynchon

#Thinking #Rockets #Chance

• Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down?
    -- Tom Lehrer

#Rockets #Who Cares #Care

• Legislators aren't known for being rocket scientists.
    -- Walter E. Williams

#Political #Rockets #Scientist

• Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down ? That's not my department.
    -- Wernher von Braun

#Science #Rockets #Who Cares

• The rocket worked perfectly except for landing on the wrong planet.
    -- Wernher von Braun

#Science #Rockets #Planets

• It takes sixty-five thousand errors before you are qualified to make a rocket.
    -- Wernher von Braun

#Failure #Errors #Rockets

• It's not rocket science. Hong Kong has 95% tax compliance, because it's code is only 4 pages long with a 15% flat tax.
    -- Ziad K. Abdelnour

#Long #Pages #Rockets

• Social media is not rocket science. This, however, does not make it easy either.
    -- David Amerland

#Media #Doe #Rockets

• What was it like working with John Carmack on Quake? Like being strapped onto a rocket during takeoff – in the middle of a hurricane.
    -- Michael Abrash

#Rockets #Hurricanes #Middle

• I was way into space and planes. I had loads of model planes and rockets.
    -- Rich Fulcher

#Space #Rockets #Way

• So much goes into doing a transplant operation. All the way from preparing the patient, to procuring the donor. It's like being an astronaut. The astronaut gets all the credit, he gets the trip to the moon, but he had nothing to do with the creation of the rocket, or navigating the ship. He's the privileged one who gets to drive to the moon. I feel that way in some of these more difficult operations, like the heart transplant.
    -- Denton Cooley

#Heart #Moon #Rockets

• One of our neighbors is a salami distributor, and they pretty well - I mean, we used their salami to make a rocket engine out of. They just look at us and they're amused, they're fine with it.
    -- Jamie Hyneman

#Mean #Looks #Rockets

• Every Iraqi would I know would rather have Saddam back... I mean like... that does not even take rocket science.
    -- Jodie Evans

#Mean #Doe #Rockets