Frustrated quotes

• In computing, turning the obvious into the useful is a living definition of the word "frustration".
    -- Alan Perlis

#Frustration #Frustrated #Definitions

• Every intelligent individual wants to know what makes him tick, and yet is at once fascinated and frustrated by the fact that oneself is the most difficult of all things to know.
    -- Alan Watts

#Intelligent #Frustrated #Want

• Every comic is really a frustrated rock star.
    -- Alex Borstein

#Stars #Rocks #Frustrated

• I'm just generally hugely frustrated, I'm a very, very frustrated man. I'm just a ball of pent-up frustration.
    -- Allen Carr

#Frustration #Men #Frustrated

• I myself am frustrated in just where sports are at. It's a hard thing when you're out there working every day, and you know that someone else is cheating and they may not necessarily get caught.
    -- Allyson Felix

#Sports #Cheating #Frustrated

• I'm frustrated by something, it's my fault for exposing myself to it in the first place. The rumor mill always seemed like a grass fire to me. Why walk out in the middle of the field, it's just going to flame out and go away just like everything else does?
    -- Amy Grant

#Flames #Fire #Frustrated

• I've gotten a lot more comfortable with the audition process, but there's something that really turned me off initially when I was younger, to auditioning. The idea that I couldn't get to the person that was actually making the film really frustrated me.
    -- Amy Seimetz

#Ideas #Frustrated #Auditions

• My experience of test screenings is that you don't know what kind of mood people are going to be in, and sometimes the studios accept what Joe Blo says - and this guy could just be a frustrated filmmaker, or not paying attention.
    -- Antoine Fuqua

#People #Guy #Frustrated

• A 'god' who's will is resisted, designs frustrated, and purpose checkmated, possesses no title to Deity.
    -- Arthur W. Pink

#Design #Frustrated #Titles

• Hatred is love frustrated.
    -- Ashley Montagu

#Hatred #Frustrated

• You know, Chihiro, darling- all it takes is one little wrong step and you end up feeling frustrated your whole life, like me.
    -- Banana Yoshimoto

#Feelings #Frustrated #Littles

• After 2000 or so, I started to realize I wanted to be doing something else. I didn't want to be in front of a camera. I was frustrated. I didn't think I would stop acting, but I didn't want to be seen.
    -- Ben Affleck

#Thinking #Frustrated #Acting

• It would be a pity if, frustrated by the price of travel, we elected to become a society that never made contact, that never gave SETI a fair chance.
    -- Bernard M. Oliver

#Frustrated #Would Be #Chance

• Like, with one arm I know I can surf, but competitive surfing can be really frustrating, and sometimes you don't do as well as you want to. It can be discouraging at times. But whenever I do get frustrated, I just focus on God.
    -- Bethany Hamilton

#Focus #Surfing #Frustrated

• You're always frustrated, you don't have the chance to do a song on the album, like the Beatles did with Ringo and George, or like Led Zeppelin, where everybody was given a chance to contribute. There never is a chance with the Stones.
    -- Bill Wyman

#Song #Frustrated #Albums

• When we played against Dan Marino, the best defense was to keep him on the sideline. By keeping him on the sideline, you made him frustrated. You made him anxious. When he came on the field, he felt like he had to score every time. I think that is where Peyton Manning is.
    -- Boomer Esiason

#Sports #Thinking #Frustrated

• IBM doesn't want its people to get frustrated and restless because it has them reaching for carrots they can't quit
    -- Buck Rodgers

#People #Frustrated #Want

• The more we understand what is happening in the world, the more frustrated we often become, for our knowledge leads to feelings of powerlessness. We feel that we are living in a world in which the citizen has become a mere spectator or a forced actor, and that our personal experience is politically useless and our political will a minor illusion.
    -- C. Wright Mills

#Political #Feelings #Frustrated

• I don't really get too frustrated. I know I'm going to get the ball.
    -- Calvin Johnson

#Nfl #Frustrated #Balls

• If you work in casting, it's sort of not cool to want to act. A lot of people think that casting directors are frustrated actors, but it wasn't true with any of the casting people I knew.
    -- Catherine Keener

#Thinking #People #Frustrated

• I'm fortunate enough to have learned not to waste time getting frustrated with my kids, or co-workers, or friends and family for not doing everything I wish they would. If someone doesn't respond to me the way I want them to, I understand that it doesn't have anything to do with me.
    -- Chandra Wilson

#Kids #Frustrated #Wish

• What if loving something means you should mostly feel frustrated and thwarted? And then a little ruined, too, by the pursuit? But you keep coming back for more?
    -- Chang-Rae Lee

#Mean #Frustrated #What If

• I'm frustrated when I see movies in which I feel like the plot is being told to me instead of shown to me.
    -- Channing Tatum

#Frustrated #Plot #Feels

• There's no nobility with war. It's tear-'em-up destruction that leaves you frustrated, bitter and angry... If you really knew what it was like for an hour, you wouldn't want anyone to go through it.
    -- Charles Durning

#War #Frustrated #Tears

• The pains of disconcerted or frustrated habits, and the inherent pleasure there is in following them, are motives which nature has put into our wills without generally caring to inform us why; and she sometimes decrees, indeed, that her reasons shall not be ours.
    -- Chauncey Wright

#Pain #Caring #Frustrated

• I've got an overactive, analytical brain. I get frustrated, impatient, angry with myself. I swear at myself a lot.
    -- Cherie Lunghi

#Frustrated #Brain #Impatient

• When I was 13 they were saying your album won't come out until your sweet 16. I felt really frustrated because that felt like forever from then and I felt like I was ready then. Looking back I wasn't ready.
    -- Cheyenne Kimball

#Sweet #Forever #Frustrated

• I have no projects on the horizon. I don't feel frustrated. It's a great life lesson for me.
    -- Christine Taylor

#Life Lesson #Frustrated #Horizon

• You should be a person inside the world with knowledge of your terrain. And if you lock yourself into the 2,000-by-3,000-square-mile, lower-48 box of the United States, you're going to be frustrated by its limitations. You gotta think outside the box.
    -- Chuck D

#Thinking #Squares #Frustrated

• Jason felt humiliated and frustrated. Rejected by a rock.
    -- Cinda Williams Chima

#Rocks #Frustrated #Jason

• Dhyana is retaining one's tranquil state of mind in any circumstance, unfavorable as well as favorable, and not being disturbed or frustrated even when adverse conditions present themselves one after another.
    -- D.T. Suzuki

#Frustrated #Mind #Coping

• Sometimes we get frustrated ourselves and decide it's time to download a big chunk of mythology. And then the audience says, 'I find this confusing and alienating and too weird.' So then we pull back, and they say, 'You're not giving us enough'.
    -- Damon Lindelof

#Giving #Confusing #Frustrated

• I'm frustrated with Hollywood and television and the movies because they see science fiction as an excuse for eye candy, for lots of great special effects.
    -- David Gerrold

#Eye #Frustrated #Special

• Sometimes we get very frustrated here on court. It is tough to control. It is a mistake.
    -- David Nalbandian

#Mistake #Frustrated #Tough

• Never stop learning and adapting. The world will always be changing. If you limit yourself to what you knew and what you were comfortable with earlier in your life, you will grow increasingly frustrated with your surroundings as you age.
    -- David Niven

#Frustrated #Age #World

• Drivers in a traffic jam, frustrated by each others presence, are not the most amiable of men.
    -- David Riesman

#Men #Frustrated #Jam

• A lot of my idealism was frustrated by the end of the '60s because of the way things went with the assassinations and the sense that the political establishment was so fixed in its ways you couldn't change anything.
    -- David Talbot

#Political #Frustrated #Way

• I'm becoming a frustrated director, I think, in an actor's body.
    -- David Wenham

#Thinking #Frustrated #Directors

• When he was very excited, [John Singer] Sargent would rush at his canvas with his brush poised for attack, yelling, 'Demons, demons, demons!' When he was particularly angry or frustrated, he expressed these feelings with 'Damn,' the only curse he allowed himself. He once had the expletive inscribed on a rubber stamp so he could have the satisfaction of pounding it on a piece of paper.
    -- Deborah Davis

#Yelling #Feelings #Frustrated

• Because of our belief in being separate, we fall into all kinds of harmful actions and deeds that create more problems for us. Competitiveness is a big one—trying to get ahead of others, stepping on each other. We become frustrated and angry with each other. We try to control others; we condemn them. All of these things stem from one false belief, “I am apart, separate from everything else.
    -- Dennis Merzel

#Fall #Frustrated #Trying

• Congress is so beholden to the money that any solution in the general interest will be frustrated and subverted by the corporate interests who feel they will be damaged by progress, fair play and justice.
    -- E. L. Doctorow

#Play #Justice #Frustrated

• It's always discouraging when you don't have things go your way. They are frustrated just like the rest of us.
    -- Ed Belfour

#Frustrated #Way #Discouraging

• I have always had a hidden wish, a frustrated desire, to run a hotel
    -- Edward Heath

#Running #Frustrated #Wish

• A tap dancer is really a frustrated drummer.
    -- Eleanor Powell

#Dancer #Frustrated #Tap Dancers

• When we work so hard at our preparations for Christmas, we often feel cheated and frustrated when others fail to notice the results of our efforts. We need to ask ourselves why we are doing the things we choose to do. If love motivates us-love for our families, for our neighbors - then we are free to simply enjoy the actual process of what we do, rather than requiring the approval and admiration of others for the results of our labors.
    -- Ellyn Sanna

#Christmas #Effort #Frustrated

• To the frustrated, freedom from responsibility is more attractive than freedom from restraint. They are eager to barter their independence for relief from the burdens of willing, deciding and being responsible for inevitable failure. They willingly abdicate the directing of their lives to those who want to plan, command and shoulder all responsibility.
    -- Eric Hoffer

#Responsibility #Frustrated #Independence

• Communists are frustrated capitalists.
    -- Eric Hoffer

#Frustrated #Communism #Communist

• A rising mass movement attracts and holds a following not by its doctrine and promises but by the refuge it offers from the anxieties, barrenness and meaningless of an individual existence. It cures the poignantly frustrated not by conferring upon them an absolute truth or by remedying the difficulties and abuses which made their lives miserable, but by freeing them from their ineffectual selves and it does this by enfolding and absorbing them into a closely knit and exultant corporate whole.
    -- Eric Hoffer

#Self #Anxiety #Frustrated

• Glory is largely a theatrical concept. There is no striving for glory without a vivid awareness of an audience... The desire to escape or camouflage their unsatisfactory selves develops in the frustrated a facility for pretending -- for making a show -- and also a readiness to identify themselves wholly with an imposing spectacle.
    -- Eric Hoffer

#Self #Frustrated #Desire

• Stay neurotic. Stay frustrated. Stay emotional. Stay excited. Your life is happening.
    -- Erin Foster

#Emotional #Frustrated #Life Is

• If a man fights his adversaries, he's called determined. If a woman does it, she's frustrated.
    -- Esther Peterson

#Fighting #Men #Frustrated

• The basic formula of all sin is: frustrated or neglected love.
    -- Franz Werfel

#Frustrated #Sin #Neglected

• The egocentric is always frustrated, simply because the condition of self-perfection is self-surrender. There must be a willingness to die to the lower part of self, before there can be a birth to the nobler.
    -- Fulton J. Sheen

#Self #Perfection #Frustrated

• Many married women who have deliberately spurned the "hour" of childbearing are unhappy and frustrated. They never discovered the joys of marriage because they refused to surrender to the obligation of their state. In saving themselves, they lost themselves!
    -- Fulton J. Sheen

#Marriage #Joy #Frustrated

• I'm not like one of those actors who's a frustrated director.
    -- Gary Sinise

#Frustrated #Directors #Actors

• I was so frustrated in Sabbath after the last few albums. I just didn't like the musical direction Sabbath was going in
    -- Geezer Butler

#Frustrated #Musical #Albums

• Well, I think everybody is frustrated by the finances of the U.N. and the inability to solve problems of war and peace.
    -- George H. W. Bush

#War #Thinking #Frustrated

• Eating out doesn't have to be a formula. Eating out is about having fun. I get really frustrated when it's badly done.
    -- Gordon Ramsay

#Fun #Frustrated #Done

• If a guy truly likes you, but for personal reasons he needs to take things slow, he will let you know that immediately. He won’t keep you guessing, because he’ll want to make sure you don’t get frustrated and go away.
    -- Greg Behrendt

#Guy #Frustrated #Going Away

• Sometimes I play guitar like a frustrated drummer.
    -- Hal Sparks

#Guitar #Play #Frustrated

• A personal relationship with God enhances life. First, it enables us to accept our limitations without being frustrated by them. It assures us that problems we can't solve are not necessarily insoluble. Second, when we need it, God offers us a sense of forgiveness, a sense of cleansing from our incompleteness. . . . Last and perhaps most important, a personal relationship with God redeems us from the fear of death. We needn't be afraid that all our good deeds will vanish when we die.
    -- Harold S. Kushner

#God #Frustrated #Important

• I get really frustrated during a crisis when I go through all the cable channels and find - very often with the exception of CNN - that I'm not watching news at all. You think, 'Well, God... there are talk shows, talk shows, talk shows and everyone is an expert!
    -- Howard Stringer

#Thinking #Cnn #Frustrated

• It gets on top of me and I get frustrated.
    -- Hugh Laurie

#Depression #Frustrated

• When you are frustrated and do not know a way out, only flexibility and moderation towards difficulties will save you.
    -- Husayn ibn Ali

#Frustrated #Way #Moderation

• I am, of course, a frustrated rock star - I'd much rather be a rock star than a writer. Or own a record shop. Still, it's not a bad life, is it? You just sit at a computer and make stuff up.
    -- Ian Rankin

• Being frustrated is disagreeable, but the real disasters of life begin when you get what you want.
    -- Irving Kristol

#Real #Frustrated #Want

• I'm not hurt. I'm pissed off and sexually frustrated.
    -- J.R. Ward

#Hurt #Frustrated #Pissed Off

• Show me a husband who keeps his thoughts to himself, and I will show you a frustrated wife.
    -- James Dobson

#Husband #Wife #Frustrated

• Age had taught him patience. Youth had taught me to get frustrated at the lack of progress.
    -- Jeaniene Frost

#Frustrated #Progress #Age

• When I see a good singer, I get teary-eyed. Part of it is jealousy because all comedians are frustrated rock stars. That's a fact.
    -- Jeff Ross

• Well, I don't think I'll ever stop being frustrated or feel fulfilled artistically.
    -- Jello Biafra

#Thinking #Frustrated #Wells

• Learn how to turn frustration into fascination. You will learn more being fascinated by life than you will by being frustrated by it.
    -- Jim Rohn

#Happiness #Frustration #Frustrated

• Be fascinated instead of frustrated.
    -- Jim Rohn

#Frustrated

• I was racing through life, utterly confused and angry. I don't know if I was out of control; it was more like I felt frustrated with myself and everything I saw happening around me.
    -- Jimmy Nail

#Confused #Frustrated #Racing

• I was frustrated. I was doing some bad movies, movies that I knew going in were not going to be great.
    -- Joan Chen

#Frustrated

• Next time you're tempted to be upset, frustrated, offended, remind yourself, it's a part of that ten percent of things in life that you can't control - but you can control how you respond.
    -- Joel Osteen

#Upset #Frustrated #Next

• The more we know about how we lost our spontaneous wonder and creativity, the more we can find ways to get them back.
    -- John Bradshaw

#Creativity #Frustrated #Way

• Frustrated love has been the incentive for many great works.
    -- John N. Mitchell

#Love #Frustrated #Incentives

• I am not well suited to the tasks that are set before me today. Most of what I must do is either insulting to my intelligence, or far beyond my capabilities. This explains why I am so frustrated and full of rage most of the time.
    -- John S. Hall

#Insulting #Frustrated #Tasks

• I was angry and frustrated until I started my own family and my first child was born. Until then I didn't really appreciate life the way I should have, but fortunately I woke up.
    -- Johnny Depp

#Children #Appreciate #Frustrated

• If you think that moral reasoning is something we do to figure out the truth, you’ll be constantly frustrated by how foolish, biased, and illogical people become when they disagree with you.
    -- Jonathan Haidt

#Thinking #People #Frustrated

• At the point where I'm trying to force something and it's not happening, and I'm getting frustrated with, say, writing a poem, I can go and pick up the brushes and start painting. At the point where the painting seems to not be going anywhere, I go and pick up the guitar.
    -- Joni Mitchell

#Writing #Guitar #Frustrated

• Putting our expectations on others is a habit that keeps us feeling frustrated. It diminishes the amount of love we feel.
    -- Jude Bijou

#Expectations #Feelings #Frustrated

• It is no response to assert that the Patriot Act has been useful; what you need to explain is how any particular safeguard would have so diluted investigative powers that it would have frustrated an investigation and created a security harm outweighing the benefit to civil liberties. If you'd rather trade scary stories, that's fine too - just let me know so I can buy a bag of marshmallows before our next round.
    -- Julian Sanchez

#Scary #Frustrated #Liberty

• Oh, I wish I could tell you I was a Mr. Fix-It, but I am not that kind of guy. I get frustrated so easily.
    -- Justin Chambers

#Guy #Frustrated #Wish

• Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary.
    -- Karl Marx

#Frustrated #Arms #Revolutionary

• At the end of the day, you're responsible for yourself and your actions and that's all you can control. So rather than be frustrated with what you can't control, try to fix the things you can.
    -- Kevin Garnett

#Frustrated #The End Of The Day #Trying

• There are a lot of things that frustrate me. I get frustrated when I have to wait at a red light.
    -- Kevin Garnett

#Light #Waiting #Frustrated

• These were the moments when I was disappointed and frustrated, when I got so low because it seemed all my hard work had been wasted. But the moments passed, and the motivation to go back to rehab was there again.
    -- Kim Clijsters

#Motivation #Hard Work #Frustrated

• If you're a manager you can't get frustrated and be emotional. You have to continue to steer the ship, you can't let go of the wheel because who knows where it will go then.
    -- Kirk Gibson

#Letting Go #Emotional #Frustrated

• To live is to choose. But to choose well, you must know who you are and what you stand for, where you want to go and why you want to get there.
    -- Kofi Annan

#Inspirational #Heartfelt #Frustrated

• We don't want to get frustrated because it sticks in your mind too much. We have to work at it and see what we did wrong.
    -- LeBron James

#Frustrated #Mind #Want

• It is hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail.
    -- Lech Walesa

#Frustration #Frustrated #Bitterness

• As a chemist, I wanted to ask myself the question frustrated by biology: What is the minimal unit of matter that can undergo Darwinian evolution?
    -- Leroy Cronin

#Motivation #Inspiration #Frustrated

• Some of us are seeking happiness where it is and as a result are becoming happier. And others are seeking it blindly in the world where it is not and are becoming more frustrated.
    -- Lester Levenson

#Frustrated #World #Becoming

• If you're waiting with God, waiting is okay. If you're always waiting on God, you'll be frustrated. God never seems to work at the speed that we want Him to.
    -- Louie Giglio

#Waiting #Frustrated #Want

• Whatever has you afraid, angry, intimidated or frustrated tonight - take it to our all-powerful and all-capable God. He has the answer.
    -- Lysa TerKeurst

#Powerful #Frustrated #Tonight

• This is God's work, and God's work will not be frustrated. But there is still much to be done.
    -- M. Russell Ballard

#Frustrated #Missionary #Done

• Love is not vain because it is frustrated, but because it is fulfilled. The people we love turn to ashes when we posess them.
    -- Marcel Proust

#Love Is #People #Frustrated

• In virtually every organization, regardless of mission and function, people are frustrated by problems that seem unsolvable.
    -- Margaret J. Wheatley

#Organization #People #Frustrated