Fever quotes

• I'm sorry, but I don't get it. If we're supposed to ignore everything that's wrong with our lives, then I can't see how we'll ever make things right.
    -- A.S. King

#Sorry #Fever

• We who were loved will never unlive that crippling fever.
    -- Adrienne Rich

#Love #Fever

• Patriotism is as fierce as a fever, pitiless as the grave, blind as a stone, and irrational as a headless hen.
    -- Ambrose Bierce

#Patriotism #Fever #Stones

• If what Proust says is true, that happiness is the absence of fever, then I will never know happiness. For I am possessed by a fever for knowledge, experience, and creation.
    -- Anais Nin

#Happiness #Knowledge #Fever

• I abandon myself to the fever of dreams, in search for new laws.
    -- Antonin Artaud

#Dream #Law #Fever

• Up to 90% of the total decline in the death rate of children between 1860-1965 because of whooping cough, scarlet fever, diphtheria, and measles occurred before the introduction of immunisations and antibiotics.
    -- Archie Kalokerinos

#Children #Vaccines #Fever

• The problem of individual differences and group differences would not be made to disappear by abolishing tests. One cannot treat a fever by throwing away the thermometer.
    -- Arthur Jensen

#Differences #Groups #Fever

• The role seemed to demand that I keep myself worked up to fever pitch, so I took on the actual attributes of the horrible vampire, Dracula.
    -- Bela Lugosi

#Vampire #Roles #Fever

• Laziness has many disguises. Soon "winter doldrums" will become "spring fever."
    -- Bernard Williams

#Spring #Winter #Fever

• I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -- Christopher Walken

#Fever

• I am glad it cannot happen twice, the fever of first love. For it is a fever, and a burden, too, whatever the poets may say.
    -- Daphne du Maurier

#First Love #Fever #May

• I returned to upstate NY where I just laid in bed for days with a fever that just wouldn't go away. After more of this, I grew increasingly sure that this was not simply the flu!
    -- Daryl Hall

#Going Away #Bed #Fever

• To begin to understand the gorgeous fever that is consciousness, we must try to understand the senses and what they can tell us about the ravishing world we have the privilege to inhabit.
    -- Diane Ackerman

#Trying #Fever #World

• Of all the calamities to which humanity is subject, none is so dreadful as insanity. ... All experience shows that insanity seasonably treated is as certainly curable as a cold or a fever.
    -- Dorothea Dix

#Insanity #Humanity #Fever

• Love was a fever that came along a few years after chicken-pox and measles and scarlet fever.
    -- Eleanor Hallowell Abbott

#Years #Fever #Pox

• 'Great Expectations' has been described as 'Dickens's harshest indictment of society.' Which it is. After all, it's about money. About not having enough money; about the fever of the getting of money; about having too much money; about the taint of money.
    -- Felix Dennis

#Expectations #Fever #Too Much

• If I write what I feel, it's to reduce the fever of feeling. What I confess is unimportant, because everything is unimportant.
    -- Fernando Pessoa

#Writing #Feelings #Fever

• Youth is a perpetual intoxication; it is a fever of the mind.
    -- Francois de La Rochefoucauld

#Children #Mind #Fever

• The day will come when all nations amidst which the Jews are dwelling will have to raise the question of their wholesale expulsion, a question which will be one of life or death, good health or chronic disease, peaceful existence or perpetual social fever.
    -- Franz Liszt

#Dwelling #Peaceful #Fever

• There's nothing revolutionary about Saturday Night Fever . You can see the same kind of movement at your local disco.
    -- Gene Kelly

#Night #Fever #Movement

• A sick thought can devour the body's flesh more than fever or consumption.
    -- Guy de Maupassant

#Sick #Fever #Body

• You don't need treatment. The fever, inflammation, coughing, etc., constitute the healing process. Just get out of their way and permit them to complete their work. Don't try to 'aid' nature. She doesn't need your puny aid—she only asks that you cease interfering.
    -- Herbert M. Shelton

#Healing #Trying #Fever

• Six weeks with a fever is an eternity.
    -- Honore de Balzac

#Fever #Six #Eternity

• Spiritual infirmities such as tepidity are caused, not only by chills but also by fevers, that is, by excessive zeal.
    -- Ignatius Loyola

#Spiritual #Fever #Chill

• I want a fever, in poetry: a fever, and tranquillity.
    -- James Dickey

#Fever #Want #Quiet

• At 'The Village Voice,' there were all these fevers inside the offices, that would break out into full-scale rumbles between writers.
    -- James Wolcott

#Voice #Office #Fever

• Wedding fever is one of the scariest diseases I have ever seen.
    -- Jessica Valenti

#Fever #Disease

• Fame lulls the fever of the soul, and makes Us feel that we have grasp'd an immortality.
    -- Joaquin Miller

#Soul #Fever #Fame

• The second stage set in ten or fifteen days after the bombing. Its first symptom was falling hair. Diarrhea and fever, which in some cases went as high as 106, came next.
    -- John Hersey

#Falling In Love #Hair #Fever

• I loved him like a fever. Then he left. He kicked through love like it was dust and he kept on walking.
    -- Judy Blundell

#Dust #Fever #Walking

• Perriwickturned to Penelope as he set the tray down on a table. "If I might be so bold, my lady-" "Perriwick!" Blake roared. "If I hear the phrase 'if I might be so bold' one more time, as God is my witness, I'm going to toss you into the channel!" "Oh dear," Penelope said. "Perhaps he does have the fever, after all.Perriwick , what do you think?" The butler reached for Blake's forehead, only to have his hand nearly bitten off. "Touch me and die," Blake snarled.
    -- Julia Quinn

#Thinking #Hands #Fever

• A fever is an expression of inner rage.
    -- Julia Roberts

#Expression #Fever #Rage

• I always like to arrive at the airport early to enjoy breakfast and lounge about so that when I get on the plane all my travel fever has disappeared.
    -- Julian Fellowes

#Airports #Fever #Breakfast

• We got married in a fever hotter than a pepper sprout.
    -- June Carter Cash

#Fever #Peppers #Emotion

• Mary and Carrie and baby Grace and Ma had all had scarlet fever. The Nelsons across the creek had had it too, so there had been no one to help Pa and Laura.
    -- Laura Ingalls Wilder

#Baby #Grace #Fever

• Far worst of all, the fever had settled in Mary's eyes, and Mary was blind.
    -- Laura Ingalls Wilder

#Eye #Fever #Blind

• Sickness is the natural state in which we humans reside. We occasionally fall into brief brackets of health, only to return to our fevers, our infections, our rapid, minute mutations, which take us toward death even as they evolve us, as a species, into some ill-defined future.
    -- Lauren Slater

#Fall #Mutation #Fever

• Obsolete misleading theologies bear the same relation to the essence of true religion that scarlet fever, mumps, and measles do to education.
    -- Luther Burbank

#Essence #Atheism #Fever

• An attack of hope is the same for us as an attack of fever.
    -- Marceline Desbordes-Valmore

#Fever

• Every dance is a kind of fever chart, a graph of the heart. The instrument through which the dance speaks is also the instrument through which life is lived ... the human body.
    -- Martha Graham

#Dance #Heart #Fever

• love, which is a madness, and a scourge, and a fever, and a delusion, and a snare, is also a mystery, and very imperfectly understood by everyone except the individual sufferer who writhes under its tortures.
    -- Mary Elizabeth Braddon

#Fever #Madness #Mystery

• Nursing is a kind of mania; a fever in the blood; an incurable disease .....
    -- Monica Dickens

#Nursing #Blood #Fever

• Give me a chance to create a fever and I will cure any disease.
    -- Parmenides

#Giving #Fever #Disease

• Give me the power to produce fever and I’ll cure all disease.
    -- Parmenides

#Giving #Disease #Fever

• Reports of illegal migrants carrying deadly diseases such as swine flu, dengue fever, Ebola virus and tuberculosis are particularly concerning.
    -- Phil Gingrey

#Ebola #Tuberculosis #Fever

• But Anne, do you love him?" I asked curiously. The curve of her hood hid all but the corner of her smile. "I am a fool to own it, but I am in a fever for his touch.
    -- Philippa Gregory

#Curves #Fever #Fool

• The first thing a writer should be is - excited. He should be a thing of fevers and enthusiasms. Without such vigor, he might as well be out picking peaches or digging ditches; God knows it'd be better for his health.
    -- Ray Bradbury

#Fever #Peaches #Might

• A tale of scandal is as fatal to the credit of a prudent lady as a fever is generally to those of the strongest constitutions. But there is a sort of puny, sickly reputation, that is always ailing, yet will wither the robuster characters of a hundred prudes.
    -- Richard Brinsley Sheridan

#Character #Credit #Fever

• Love is a fever which marriage puts to bed and cures.
    -- Richard J. Needham

#Love Is #Bed #Fever

• Cabin Fever was murder. There was a lot of psychological stress, like not knowing if we were going to finish the movie. The day we arrived to start rehearsals, our main investors pulled out.
    -- Rider Strong

#Stress #Knowing #Fever

• At Leeds I've tried to concentrate on my club form, but you get caught up in all the World Cup fever once you come back to Ireland and see all the Irish boys again.
    -- Robbie Keane

#Boys #Fever #World

• A discursive student is almost certain to fall into bad company. Ten minutes with a French novel or a German rationalist have sent a reader away with a fever for life.
    -- Robert Aris Willmott

#Fall #Reading #Fever

• Lest when I am gone you may be at a loss for an epitaph for me, let me give you one - He Fed Fevers.
    -- Robert James Graves

#Loss #Giving #Fever

• If you meet an angel, you will have not peace, but a fever.
    -- Stefano Benni

#Peace #Angel #Fever

• The planet is about to break out with fever, indeed it may already have, and we [human beings] are the disease. We should be at war with ourselves and our lifestyles.
    -- Thomas Lovejoy

#War #Fever #May

• Fever itself is Nature's instrument.
    -- Thomas Sydenham

#Nature #Fever #Instruments

• Enthusiasm is the fever of reason.
    -- Victor Hugo

#Enthusiasm #Fever #Reason

• The inner climate stamps each individual with its character. Every life-form has its own individual anomaly point of health, which makes the orderly reproduction of the species possible. This also explains why the world of parasites increases with fever.
    -- Viktor Schauberger

#Character #Anomalies #Fever

• I guess my thermometer for my baseball fever is still a goose bump.
    -- Vin Scully

#Baseball #Fever #Bumps

• Words have their genealogy, their history, their economy, their literature, their art and music, as too they have their weddings and divorces, their successes and defeats, their fevers, their undiagnosable ailments, their sudden deaths. They also have their moral and social distinctions.
    -- Virgilia Peterson

#Art #Divorce #Fever

• The Fever is a one-person play. I decided I would perform it myself, and I decided I would not perform it in theaters, because the character in the play says certain things that I meant.
    -- Wallace Shawn

#Character #Play #Fever

• Perhaps we should put up posters in such places reminding people that where they stand was underwater the last time that the Earth ran a 3°F fever.
    -- William H. Calvin

#People #Underwater #Fever

• Carbon-free energy is simply something we have to do. The time for talk is past. If we turn around net carbon emissions by 2020 rather than 2040, we get another 2° of fever rather than 3° - and that's a big difference.
    -- William H. Calvin

#Past #Differences #Fever

• Passion is a sort of fever in the mind, which ever leaves us weaker than it found us.
    -- William Penn

#Passion #Mind #Fever

• The fretful stir Unprofitable, and the fever of the world Have hung upon the beatings of my heart.
    -- William Wordsworth

#Heart #Fever #World

• Spiritual infirmities such as tepidity are caused, not only by chills but also by fevers, that is, by excessive zeal.
    -- Ignatius of Loyola

#Spiritual #Fever #Chill

• Some can just knock it out and some have to lock themselves in a room and get to a fever pitch of self-loathing before they turn in a first draft. . . . each writer's process is screwed up in its own way.
    -- Warren Leight

#Self #Locks #Fever

• An ambitious and beautifully produced fever dream. Don't wake me up, I want to stay in.
    -- Jonathan Hickman

#Dream #Ambitious #Fever

• It is impossible to rise to freedom, from the midst of corruptions, without strong convulsions. They are the salutary crises of a serious disease. We are in want of a terrible political fever, to carry off our foul humors.
    -- Madame Roland

#Strong #Political #Fever