Bass quotes

• Actually freestyle really comes from 'Planet Rock'. If you listen to all the freestyle records you'll hear that they are based on 'Planet Rock'. All the Miami Bass records are based upon Planet Rock.
    -- Afrika Bambaataa

#Rocks #Records #Bass

• I got heavily into the drum-and-bass scene, which is really wicked.
    -- Ajay Naidu

#Wicked #Bass #Scene

• I don't show just anyone how to crust a sea bass. That's sacred information.
    -- Alexandra Guarnaschelli

#Sea #Bass #Information

• Sometimes in films it's nice to have violins on either side, rather than on one side, so you've got more of a stereo picture with the violins. Sometimes it's good to have the basses in the middle.
    -- Anne Dudley

#Nice #Bass #Violin

• I'm not going to do the Ben Harper house record or the Ben Harper drum 'n' bass record.
    -- Ben Harper

#House #Records #Bass

• I always got great respect as a bass player.
    -- Bill Wyman

#Respect #Player #Bass

• It's not art, it's science.
    -- Billy Sheehan

#Art #Bass

• As far as current inspiration, I'm listenting to a lot of flamenco, because the techniques used for flamenco can be adapted to playing bass.
    -- Billy Sheehan

#Inspiration #Bass #Technique

• As a genre, rockabilly's post-Elvis profile has seldom been lower in the United States. Many labels that produced fresh bass-slappin' sides during the '90's are now out of business.
    -- Brian Setzer

#United States #Labels #Bass

• I have assigned many of my father's basses to students, without endangering their lives. Also, they do no harm to the fingers.
    -- Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach

#Father #Bass #Students

• So Mr.Bass why do you think you should become an Usher?" asked the interviewer.Chuck smiled. Because I'm Chuck Bass.
    -- Cecily von Ziegesar

#Thinking #Bass #Should

• The bass, no matter what kind of music you're playing, it just enhances the sound and makes everything sound more beautiful and full. When the bass stops, the bottom kind of drops out of everything.
    -- Charlie Haden

#Beautiful #Sound #Bass

• I recruited my dad to be my bass player and fired him on several occasions. He stayed on as a bus driver.
    -- Chely Wright

#Dad #Player #Bass

• If you're working on a computer and you're editing bass, it looks like a warm curvy, sort of feminine object.
    -- Colin Greenwood

#Editing #Looks #Bass

• Bill Withers and Curtis Mayfield, those are the people who informed me in playing the bass.
    -- Colin Greenwood

#People #Bass #Bills

• I'm the quiet bass player.
    -- Colin Hanks

#Player #Bass #Bass Players

• Besides, the bass isn't a difficult instrument to play. It's like one step up from the kazoo, isn't it?
    -- Dave Mustaine

#Play #Bass #Steps

• I like to combine the dramatic emotional warmth of strings with the grooves and body business of drums and bass.
    -- David Byrne

#Emotional #Body #Bass

• I like the guitar better these days. I like the bass, too, but it's hard to fit a bass amp in a small car.
    -- Dee Dee Ramone

#Guitar #Car #Bass

• Plus, I grew up with Steve Cropper. There were so many good guitar players another one wasn't needed. What was needed was a bass.
    -- Donald Dunn

#Player #Guitar #Bass

• I really pay attention to the bass in the music I listen to, and that's what I tend to write toward.
    -- Dustin Diamond

#Writing #Attention #Bass

• I realized pretty soon that I have to do more than just play bass in the background way. So, I developed a kind of playing which only a handful of musicians accepted.
    -- Eberhard Weber

#Play #Musician #Bass

• When I started to pick up the bass, it was purely by random chance.
    -- Eberhard Weber

#Random Chance #Bass #Chance

• From the first moment that I can remember, I had identified myself as a bass player and it had everything to do with my father, who was a bass player. And he loved music, you know, as much as anybody Ive ever seen. And that dynamic I just thought as somehow was a straight pass to me.
    -- Edgar Meyer

#Father #Player #Bass

• No, but a cello is the perfect string bass for an accordion. Works with it beautifully.
    -- Elizabeth Moon

#Perfect #Bass #Strings

• More basses, because you are so far away.
    -- Eugene Ormandy

#Funny #Orchestra #Bass

• I love electronic music, and I love drum and bass.
    -- Fred Durst

#Bass #Electronic Music

• I had done chorus before in school, but I was only trying for an easy A. I was a bass going 'dum dum da doo wop.
    -- Garrett Hedlund

#School #Trying #Bass

• If you put a Mars bar in one of Glenn Hughes’ hands and a bass in the other, he’ll choose the Mars bar.
    -- Gary Moore

#Hands #Bass #Bars

• There was a time when fast playing and fretboard pyrotechnics on the bass were important to me and when I am recording a bass track, that is still very important to me.
    -- Geddy Lee

#Track #Important #Bass

• I like to practice on the bass, but I don't do it as often as I should.
    -- Geddy Lee

#Practice #Bass #Should

• Jack Bruce, as soon as I saw him, it changed me. I didn't even know what bass players did until I saw Cream.
    -- Geezer Butler

#Player #Bass #Saws

• I never picked a bass up before Sabbath started
    -- Geezer Butler

#Bass #Sabbath

• Black Sabbath was written on bass: I just walked into the studio and went, bah, bah, bah, and everybody joined in and we just did it.
    -- Geezer Butler

#Black #Bass #Sabbath

• Rick Bass is one of the best writers of his generation.
    -- George Plimpton

#Generations #Bass

• I'm a big lover of fish. Cooking fish is so much more difficult than cooking protein meats, because there are no temperatures in the medium, rare, well done cooking a stunning sea bass or a scallop.
    -- Gordon Ramsay

#Sea #Cooking #Bass

• If you mess around with jazz, you better have a good drummer and a good bass player.
    -- Gunther Schuller

#Player #Bass #Jazz

• Bach is really the ultimate in bass players you know
    -- Jack Bruce

• I took the frets out of my bass after I was getting into jazz a lot and I wanted to have that upright sound.
    -- Jaco Pastorius

#Sound #Bass #Jazz

• The secret to the sound is to drop the bass on the floor!
    -- Jaco Pastorius

#Secret #Sound #Bass

• The press is like a big bass, you just stick a hook in their mouth and they'll take it.
    -- James Woods

#Hook #Mouths #Bass

• When I came into Metallica, I had to do justice to Cliff's work, but I also had to put my own signature on it. No one could be Cliff Burton; Cliff Burton was the Jimi Hendrix of bass.
    -- Jason Newsted

#Justice #Signatures #Bass

• Ever since I picked up a bass, I've written songs.
    -- Jeff Ament

#Song #Bass

• I played a bass player and a singer in a movie once, but I totally lip-synced to everything.
    -- Jessica Pare

#Player #Bass #Singers

• Just because you play bass, doesn't mean you have no presence.
    -- Jimmy Page

#Mean #Play #Bass

• That first bass I had was an Eko, a very old thing with a thin neck, I had that for quite a while.
    -- John Deacon

#Old Things #Bass #Firsts

• With bass, especially bottom end, the vibration has to happen on stage otherwise the feel is wrong. This is why you can't scale the equipment down too far.
    -- John Entwistle

#Bass #Vibrations #Ends

• I've got a Fender Concert amp from the '60s, the one Joe Osborn used. He played his bass through it.
    -- Johnny Ramistella

#Bass #Used #Concerts

• I love bass, I really do. Bass is ace!
    -- Karen O

#Bass #Aces

• I don't regard myself as a great classical or jazz pianist. I like country music, but I'm not a great player. I just like music. Drums 'n' bass is pretty exciting and I'd love to explore it.
    -- Keith Emerson

#Country #Player #Bass

• I hate playing the bass, bro. I've been playing the bass because it's there and I don't want anyone else to play it.
    -- Kid Cudi

#Hate #Play #Bass

• It's really hard for me to sing and play bass.
    -- Kim Gordon

#Play #Bass

• Unless you're singing something that's kind of in rhythm with the bass, the melodies, it's just difficult.
    -- Kim Gordon

#Sight #Singing #Bass

• I'm 12 years sober, so I don't have beer! When I used to drink I really liked Bass Ale!
    -- Kristin Davis

#Beer #Years #Bass

• If your concentration is getting bad, take up bass fishing. It will really improve your ability to focus. If you aren't ready when that fish hits, you can't set the hook.
    -- Lee Trevino

#Fishing #Focus #Bass

• I wonder if I could make an electric bass.
    -- Leo Fender

#Bass #Wonder #Electric

• Because nobody wanted to play bass, I was instantly in a band.
    -- Les Claypool

#Play #Band #Bass

• Now they have banging guitar and no bass and call it rock, but that's not what I call rock.
    -- Little Richard

#Rocks #Guitar #Bass

• You can't beat 2 guitars, bass, and drums.
    -- Lou Reed

#Guitar #Bass #Beats

• Nothing beats 2 guitars, drum and bass.
    -- Lou Reed

#Guitar #Bass #Beats

• Peacock bass like to hide at ambush points, away from the strong canal currents. If you fish early and know those peacock hangouts, you will have little or no trouble catching peacocks on lures and live bait.
    -- Mark Hall

#Strong #Bass #Littles

• I even played bass for a while. Besides playing electric guitar, I'd also get asked to play some acoustic stuff. But, since I didn't have an acoustic guitar at the time, I used to borrow one from a friend so I could play folk joints.
    -- Mark Knopfler

#Play #Guitar #Bass

• Ben was more improvisational, and relied less on methodology, and basically is a guitarist who switched to bass, whereas Jeff has a more traditional approach to playing bass in a band, and has a great sense of what his band sounds like, and we lock up nicely.
    -- Matt Cameron

#Guitar #Band #Bass

• Because you know I'm All about that bass 'Bout that bass, no treble.
    -- Meghan Trainor

#Bass

• I get so into playing the bass. The only time I ever feel the same way is when I'm having sex; it's the epitome of unifying with something.
    -- Melissa Auf der Maur

#Sex #Bass #Way

• I started playing bass for the same reason everyone else does – I’m a lousy guitarist.
    -- Mike Dirnt

#Bass #Doe #Reason

• It's really important for the bass and the drums to somehow blend.
    -- Mike Gordon

#Important #Bass

• The worst thing I could be thinking is how could I be a cool bass player.
    -- Mike Gordon

#Thinking #Player #Bass

• I'm always interested in mixing technology and music. You know, maybe I'll have a MIDI bass pickup at some point, I don't really think that's the direction I would want to go.
    -- Mike Gordon

#Thinking #Technology #Bass

• I love playing with Jeff. That's something I never really say in the press, but he's my favorite bass player. I've played right next to him for 10 years.
    -- Mike McCready

#Player #Years #Bass

• So I am one of those bass players who can do something and musically, it was back then and now it is even more, if you noticed on the new album, I am not playing all the time anymore.
    -- Miroslav Vitous

• I continued studying by myself in the field of jazz with my own technique of improvisation, walking bass lines, rhythms, all kinds of stuff, which I created for myself.
    -- Miroslav Vitous

#Lines #Bass #Stuff

• So the whole basis for jazz music is based on the fact that the bass player could not play his instrument.
    -- Miroslav Vitous

#Player #Bass #Facts

• I tried to play bass in a punk band once, and it was an absolute disaster. I can’t play anything. I don’t know what it is.
    -- Nate Ruess

#Play #Bass #Band

• I love a little distortion across the bass; I think it kind of adds something to the sound of the band when the bass is a little overdriven.
    -- Nikki Sixx

#Thinking #Band #Bass

• On Ain't No Telling I came up with the bass solo.
    -- Noel Redding

#Bass #Solo

• But people are now realising why I was playing bass with Hendrix.
    -- Noel Redding

#People #Bass #Hendrix

• In life's orchestra, the bike is the double bass. Hard to forget it
    -- Paul Fournel

#Bass #Orchestra #Forget

• When I listen to a record, or when I'm making a record, I listen to everything. I listen to the drums, the bass, the voice, the arrangement. I listen to the whole piece as an ensemble.
    -- Paul Weller

#Voice #Records #Bass

• I grew up around salsa, merengue, bachata, bass music, freestyle, hip-hop, techno, house, rave.
    -- Pitbull

#House #Hip Hop #Bass

• I like a lot of bass players. I like a lot of tuba players too.
    -- Rick Danko

#Player #Tubas #Bass

• I was in George Martin's studio in Amsterdam and he was telling me, 'They come in here and it takes them three days to do a bass line.' Well I'm not from that era.
    -- Ringo Starr

#Lines #Bass #Amsterdam

• I've always been playing with other people, and that's how I learned. I got a kit of drums I couldn't play, but I also knew a guitarist and a friend of mine played bass and could teach us bass, and we just played. And I learned...
    -- Ringo Starr

#Play #People #Bass

• When I lost the use of my hi-hat and bass drum legs, I became basically a singer. I was a drummer who did a bit of singing, and then I became a singer who did a bit of percussion.
    -- Robert Wyatt

#Singing #Legs #Bass

• I was never much of a bass player.
    -- Ryan Adams

#Player #Bass Players #Bass

• If you're using live bass versus orchestral bass, you've got to make sure that you're not stepping on the toes of the other elements, so you've got to balance it out.
    -- Serj Tankian

#Balance #Bass #Toes

• I came from an era when we didn't use electronic instruments. The bass wasn't even amplified. The sound was the sound you got.
    -- Stan Getz

#Use #Bass #Eras

• Bass players are always the intellectual kind, but nobody knows it.
    -- Stanley Clarke

#Player #Intellectual #Bass

• I actually think that bass is probably the instrument that has evolved in a quantum leap compared to other instruments. It's the instrument that's evolved the most, especially with how it's perceived. And even how it's played, and how it's viewed from a point of view of commerce, like with the music industry.
    -- Stanley Clarke

#Thinking #Views #Bass

• Occasionally, when I run into a great bass backstage at a festival I'll play a few notes on the low E string, just to feel the instrument vibrate against my belly.
    -- Steve Swallow

#Running #Play #Bass

• 'El Otro Lado' has heavy emphasis on the bass and loads of nice little touches and sounds you really notice on a big system.
    -- Subb-an

#Nice #Bass #Littles

• The women went berserk, to the accompaniment of 'When a Man Loves a Woman.' It was all bass and drums; the musical equivalent, Anna decided, of cheap aftershave.
    -- Sue Margolis

#Music #Men #Bass

• Guitar is for the head, drums are for the chest, but bass gets you in the groin
    -- Suzi Quatro

#Guitar #Bass

• The bass player's function, along with the drums, is to be the engine that drives the car... everything else is merely colours.
    -- Suzi Quatro

#Player #Car #Bass

• A bass should sound like a bass with the thump of the finger against the wood, like it began with stand up.
    -- Suzi Quatro

#Bass #Woods #Sound

• I don't know nothing about no jungle and bass.
    -- Timbaland

#Bass #Jungle

• I play bass. I don't have to go out there and screech.
    -- Tina Weymouth

#Play #Bass

• I wasn't originally a bass player. I just found out I was needed, because everyone wants to play guitar.
    -- Tina Weymouth

#Player #Guitar #Bass

• Playing someone drum 'n' bass for the first time in 'Pass Out' - they're like, 'Oh my God, what is this?' I'm having a lot of fun and a good time showcasing the music.
    -- Tinie Tempah

#Fun #Bass #Firsts

• For me, if the music is good, whether the artist is famous or unknown, I love being part of the music and contributing what I can to the bass end.
    -- Tony Levin

#Love Is #Artist #Bass