Puppets quotes

• You've got to stand for something, or you'll fall for anything You've got to be your own man, not a puppet on a string
    -- Aaron Tippin

#Fall #Men #Puppets

• We're all puppets, Laurie. I'm just a puppet who can see the strings.
    -- Alan Moore

#Puppets #Strings

• What you do is what the whole universe is doing at the place you call the here and now. You are something the whole universe is doing in the same way that the wave is something that the whole ocean is doing. The real you is not a puppet which life pushes around. The real deep-down you is the whole universe.
    -- Alan Watts

#Real #Ocean #Puppets

• The real you is not a puppet that life pushes around, the real deep down you is the whole universe.
    -- Alan Watts

#Real #Puppets #Real Deep

• You're not something that's a result of the big bang. You're not something that is a sort of puppet on the end of the process. You are still the process. You are the big bang, the original force of the universe.
    -- Alan Watts

#Bangs #Puppets #Ends

• There is no ICC anymore. It is just BCCI. It is not International Cricket Council it is International Crime Council. If you take all the cricket board Presidents am sure they are all puppets. ICC is the toothless tiger.
    -- Arjuna Ranatunga

#President #Boards #Puppets

• When I was young, my mum was part of a brilliant puppet theatre that toured all over the world.
    -- Arthur Darvill

#Theatre #World #Puppets

• If anyone would have been paying serious attention to my puppet shows, I would have been sent to therapy very young.
    -- Bob Balaban

#Puppets #Serious #Attention

• Most unfortunately, in the lives of puppets there is always a 'but' that spoils everything.
    -- Carlo Collodi

#Puppets #Spoil

• The puppet thinks: It's not so much what they make me do as their hands inside me.
    -- Charles de Lint

#Thinking #Hands #Puppets

• You know who likes to get fisted? Sock puppets.
    -- Daniel Tosh

#Likes #Puppets #Sock

• The world and the universe are far more wonderful if there's not a puppet master.
    -- Dave Matthews

#World #Puppets #Wonderful

• All of society is built to prop up that lie, the whole world a big, noisy puppet show meant to distract us from the fact that at the end, you'll die, and you'll probably be alone.
    -- David Wong

#Lying #World #Puppets

• They belonged to that vast group of human automata who go through life without neglecting to perform a single one of the gestures executed by the surrounding puppets.
    -- Edith Wharton

#Groups #Puppets #Gestures

• Religion is for followers... Followers and puppets.
    -- Ellen Hopkins

#Followers #Puppets

• You feel very much like a puppet, but it had been what I was accustomed to - so you just get on with it and try to find something that rings true.
    -- Emily Blunt

#Trying #Puppets #Feels

• A Clock stopped-- Not the Mantel's-- Geneva's farthest skill Can't put the puppet bowing-- That just now dangled still
    -- Emily Dickinson

#Skills #Puppets #Clock

• I've never had anyone put on a puppet show to convince me of anything. And I've done a lot of stuff. I don't know that I would put the puppets on when I was pitching a show. This was the head of the studio putting a puppet show on. And I'll tell you, he wasn't bad.
    -- Garry Shandling

#Done #Puppets #Pitching

• I’ve carved the puppet, and I manipulate the strings, but while it’s on stage, the show belongs to the puppet.
    -- Guy Davenport

#Puppets #Strings #Stage

• Analysis gave me great freedom of emotions and fantastic confidence. I felt I had served my time as a puppet.
    -- Hedy Lamarr

#Analysis #Puppets #Emotion

• That's the thing with animated films - I often feel that puppets get the better parts compared to us normal actresses.
    -- Helena Bonham Carter

#Normal #Puppets #Actresses

• Maybe from now on puppets can do the parts
    -- Helena Bonham Carter

#Puppets #Parting

• When I was a kid, I never saw a puppet show. I never played with puppets or had any interest in them.
    -- Jim Henson

#Kids #Puppets #Saws

• Well, Detroit Institute is kind of a key - probably the largest permanent collection of puppets in the US.
    -- Jim Henson

#Keys #Puppets #Detroit

• I'd rather be a free man in my grave than living as a puppet or a slave.
    -- Jimmy Cliff

#Men #Puppets #Slave

• And I keep on fighting for the things I want. Though I know that when you're dead you can't. But I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave.
    -- Jimmy Cliff

#Fighting #Men #Puppets

• I feel like Obama's an Illuminati puppet.
    -- Jonathan Davis

#Puppets #Feels

• No one is moral among the god-controlled puppets of the _Iliad_. Good and evil do not exist.
    -- Julian Jaynes

#Evil #Puppets #Moral

• Everything in my career is my decision - every picture, every outfit. You get one chance at this, and I never saw myself as being a puppet.
    -- Katherine Jenkins

#Careers #Decision #Puppets

• We are co-creators with God, not puppets on a string waiting for something to happen.
    -- Leo Booth

#Art #Waiting #Puppets

• We are no longer puppets being manipulated by outside powerful forces: we become the powerful force ourselves.
    -- Leo Buscaglia

#Powerful #Literature #Puppets

• If a god showed up every time you put a quarter in the prayer slot it wouldn't be God, it would be a puppet that you could control by doing that...that would make the deity subservient to you. So it wouldn't be a deity would it?
    -- Margaret Atwood

#Prayer #Would Be #Puppets

• The pretty fellows you speak of, I own entertain me sometimes, but is it impossible to be diverted with what one despises? I can laugh at a puppet show, at the same time I know there is nothing in it worth my attention or regard.
    -- Mary Wortley Montagu

#Flirty #Laughing #Puppets

• That is a considerable amount of puppets. But ... [Proceeds to summon one hundred puppets of his own] With this, I took down a whole country
    -- Masashi Kishimoto

#Country #Puppets #Hundred

• You hold your head up. You submitting to me doesn't mean you're anything less...the very last thing I want is for you to be some mindless puppet.
    -- Maya Banks

#Mean #Puppets #Want

• Nothing like a puppet to give you the willies.
    -- Michael Buckley

#Giving #Puppets

• I collect puppet stuff. I have a puppet workshop in my garage. I was looking for any opportunity to be able to get very creatively involved in that world.
    -- Neil Patrick Harris

#Opportunity #World #Puppets

• I could never be on stage on my own. But puppets can say things that humans can't say.
    -- Nina Conti

#Puppets #Stage #Humans

• I think I've got it pretty easy compared with somebody who works at a desk nine to five. I'm just working for an hour in the evening. I get a bit breathless, as I have to talk non-stop because of the puppets.
    -- Nina Conti

#Thinking #Puppets #Nine

• Having a puppet is a way of having opposing opinions - I say a thing; he says the other.
    -- Nina Conti

#Way #Puppets #Opinion

• The way I talk to the puppets is real, and it's in the moment, and it's seeing what will happen. It's not something that is scripted.
    -- Nina Conti

#Real #Way #Puppets

• Let me tell you, I am nobody's puppet.
    -- Nydia Velazquez

#Puppets #Let Me

• Cheap liquor is a magic potion that can turn you into a puppet cowboy before it kills you.
    -- Patton Oswalt

#Cowboy #Magic #Puppets

• I make tiny wooden people with bits of hair. Puppets and things like that.
    -- PJ Harvey

#Hair #People #Puppets

• Your mortal attachments are like a puppet’s strings," Avari said, both hands clasped casually at his back. "One need only pluck the right cord to make the puppet dance." His smile was almost creepier than his threats. "Dance, reaper!
    -- Rachel Vincent

#Attachment #Hands #Puppets

• I know what I look like - a weird, sad clown puppet. I'm fine with that.
    -- Rainn Wilson

#Puppets #Looks #Clown

• All service ranks the same with God,- With God, whose puppets, best and worst, Are we: there is no last nor first.
    -- Robert Browning

#Firsts #Puppets #Lasts

• A puppet is free as long as he loves his strings.
    -- Sam Harris

#Long #Puppets #Strings

• I had a desire to prove to myself that I was actually in control - that I wasnt a puppet.
    -- Sean Parker

#Desire #Puppets #Prove

• It may be that we are puppets-puppets controlled by the strings of society. But at least we are puppets with perception, with awareness. And perhaps our awareness is the first step to our liberation. (1974)
    -- Stanley Milgram

#Perception #Puppets #May

• Look at your body— A painted puppet, a poor toy Of jointed parts ready to collapse, A diseased and suffering thing With a head full of false imaginings. —The Dhammapada
    -- Thomas Ligotti

#Suffering #Body #Puppets

• And the worst possible thing we could know — worse than knowing of our descent from a mass of microorganisms — is that we are nobodies not somebodies, puppets not people.
    -- Thomas Ligotti

#Knowing #People #Puppets

• I hate puppets so much.
    -- Trey Parker

#Hate #Puppets #I Hate

• I started, actually, to make my first animated cartoon in 1920. Of course, they were very crude things then and I used sort of little puppet things.
    -- Walt Disney

#Cartoon #Puppets #Littles

• I don't like it when they [media critics] see me as this little person who doesn't know what to do with herself -- like I have no idea what I want, like I'm just a puppet ... That's demeaning to me, because that ain't how it is, and it never was.
    -- Whitney Houston

#Ideas #Media #Puppets

• I'd always thought that, in all the great sci-fi constructs, there's always the guy who seems like he's the commander, but then you reveal that there's an even bigger puppet master up above and beyond him.
    -- Dan Fogelman

#Guy #Puppets #Above And Beyond

• With humans you would say, "Don't stand over there." and that would probably work. With puppets, you can't stand over there because you would see the guy underneath. So it is a lot of foreground stuff.
    -- James Bobin

#Guy #Puppets #Stuff

• First of all, you're improvising through a puppet, so you're not always yourself: you're a cow or you're a pig or you're an old woman, you know, whatever puppet you pick, or you're a demon, you know, whatever you pick up, that's what you get to be in the scene.
    -- Brian Henson

#Pigs #Puppets #Cows

• We're also irreverent, we have an irreverent attitude towards puppets, as well. So a lot of what we do is we're kind of making fun of the puppets for being puppets, even while we're doing it. And again, that all feeds into the absurdity of this show.
    -- Brian Henson

#Fun #Attitude #Puppets

• A puppet that starts to improvise badly is almost funnier than the puppet that's improvising well. So the show gets better when the improvising is really good, but also the show can also sometimes get better when the improvising sort of goes a little wrong and that's sort of a blessing to improvising with puppets.
    -- Brian Henson

#Blessing #Get Better #Puppets

• And then after the success at Melbourne Comedy Festival, then we regrouped back in LA and we went back into workshopping and decided to develop a proper show and that's when we started working on "Stuffed and Unstrung," which is a much bigger and sharper version of "Puppet Up."
    -- Brian Henson

#Puppets #Festivals #Comedy

• We took a show to the Aspen Comedy Festival, called "Puppet Up" at that point, and in Aspen we just did three shows, and in Aspen, there was a producer from the Edinborough Fringe Festival, who said, "Please come to Edinborough."
    -- Brian Henson

#Three #Puppets #Festivals

• I think it's a lot richer than what we call fleshy improv, I think it's very funny, puppet improv and fleshy improv.
    -- Brian Henson

#Thinking #Puppets

• But initially when I was working with my dad, it was in special effects puppets with radio control and motors and puppet effects.
    -- Brian Henson

#Dad #Special #Puppets

• he puppeteers really responded to it. Patrick Bistrow really responded to it, it's great fun to do improve comedy with puppets.
    -- Brian Henson

#Fun #Puppets #Comedy

• My voice dropped when I was 14. And when I was 14, I might have weighed 75 pounds. So you can imagine how strange that must have been: like James Earl Jones speaking through a sock puppet.
    -- Benjamin Percy

#Voice #Puppets #Might

• The pop-star thing bores me because it's somebody programming someone else. Stand over here, sing that, no, sing it like this, talk like that, when they ask you this, don't say that, say this, hold that, drive this, stay here, live there - you're not even a human being. You're a puppet.
    -- Randy Jackson

#Stars #Puppets #Programming