Peaceful quotes

• I hope that none of the countries in the Middle East are planning anything but the peaceful utilization of nuclear energy.
    -- Abdallah II

#Country #Peaceful #Energy

• Ballots are the rightful and peaceful successors of bullets, and that when ballots have fairly and constitutionall y decided there can be no successful appeal back to bullets.
    -- Abraham Lincoln

#Successful #Peaceful #Bullets

• The serene and peaceful mind is the true epitome of human achievement.
    -- Ajahn Chah

#Achievement #Peaceful #Mind

• I have to say that elections, even in the most peaceful region, always make the hardest time for regional state institutions, including security structures.
    -- Akhmad Kadyrov

#Peaceful #Election #Structure

• Everybody needs time to reflect and contemplate, and the most inspirational and peaceful place to do so is in nature.
    -- Akiane Kramarik

#Nature #Peaceful #Needs

• Whatever fells your mind is what you are. So, feel loving and peaceful for no reason at all.
    -- Alan Finger

#Yoga #Peaceful #Mind

• I envision someday a great, peaceful South Africa in which the world will take pride, a nation in which each of many different groups will be making its own creative contribution.
    -- Alan Paton

#Pride #Creative #Peaceful

• There is a deep, peaceful calm in the dawning of a new day.
    -- Alan Watts

#New Day #Peaceful #Calm

• It is both auspicious and peaceful for people to choose vegetarinism.
    -- Albert Einstein

#People #Peaceful

• We went to Austria to train and it was so peaceful. And I love coffee and the coffee was great.
    -- Alex Morgan

#Coffee #Peaceful #Austria

• The quietly pacifist peaceful always die to make room for men who shout.
    -- Alice Walker

#Technology #Men #Peaceful

• The more we practice nonviolence in our words, thoughts and actions the more peaceful will be our inner state.
    -- Amit Ray

#Practice #Peaceful #Our Words

• There is no sound more peaceful than rain on the roof, if you're safe asleep in someone else's house.
    -- Anne Tyler

#Rain #House #Peaceful

• When I used to teach civil procedure as a law professor, I would begin the year by telling my students that 'civil procedure is the etiquette of ritualized battle.' The phrase, which did not originate with me, captured the point that peaceful, developed societies resolve disputes by law rather than by force.
    -- Anne-Marie Slaughter

#Years #Law #Peaceful

• The surface of American life looks smooth, prosperous, peaceful. But underneath, fault-line shifts in family and work life have led us into what some have called 'advanced insecurity.
    -- Arlie Russell Hochschild

#Peaceful #Insecurity #Looks

• I assure you, it would be much more pleasant for me to be an ordinary voter in peaceful Chechnya than the president of a republic at war.
    -- Aslan Maskhadov

#War #Peaceful #President

• Peace is a rare gift. Peace of mind, peaceful sleeps, and peaceful spirits are all luxuries that few rebels can ever afford.
    -- Assata Shakur

#Sleep #Luxury #Peaceful

• Every thought, every word, and every action that adds to the positive and the wholesome is a contribution to peace. Each and every one of us is capable of making such a contribution. Let us join hands to try to create a peaceful world where we can sleep in security and wake in happiness.
    -- Aung San

#Sleep #Hands #Peaceful

• Only through women’s full and equal participation in all areas of public and private life can we hope to achieve the sustainable, peaceful and just society promised in the United Nations Charter,
    -- Ban Ki-moon

#Peaceful #Achieve #Equal

• Islamic culture has given us majestic arches and soaring spires; timeless poetry and cherished music; elegant calligraphy and places of peaceful contemplation.
    -- Barack Obama

#Islamic #Peaceful #Culture

• You are the best friend you will ever have. In the presence of your true self you will become the most peaceful, the most relaxed, the most natural person possible.
    -- Bartholomaus

#Self #Peaceful #Awareness

• The Journey of Reconciliation was organized not only to devise techniques for eliminating Jim Crow in travel, but also as a training ground for similar peaceful projects against discrimination in such major areas as employment and in the armed services.
    -- Bayard Rustin

#Journey #Peaceful #Crow

• It is because peaceful agitation and passive resistance are effective that I uphold them, and it is because force strengthens tyranny that I condemn it. War and Authority are companions; Peace and Liberty are companions. It is foolish in the extreme not only to resort to force before necessity compels, but especially to madly create the conditions that will lead to this necessity.
    -- Benjamin Tucker

#War #Peaceful #Liberty

• The world rushes through us. We are peaceful. We are as deep and black as space. Staring up at the stars, we see only our own image reflected back at us. We are infinite and we are ravenous.
    -- Bennett Madison

#Stars #Space #Peaceful

• You discover over time that music can be overwhelming. Unless the musicians involved understand this they can lose audiences. Spontaneity and improvisation are salient features but I also strive to make music that is peaceful. I want to make music that aids world peace in the same way that the people who shaped my development did.
    -- Bennie Maupin

#People #Peaceful #Want

• We dedicate ourselves to working with our neighbors, near and far, day in and day out, to building that peaceful society in which the tragedies we have known are a bad memory and a continuing warning.
    -- Betty Williams

#Memories #Peaceful #Tragedy

• We want to live and love and build a just and peaceful society.
    -- Betty Williams

#Justice #Peaceful #And Love

• I believe President Bush is one of the most dangerous leaders in the world. He is not in search of peaceful and diplomatic solutions.
    -- Bianca Jagger

#Believe #Leader #Peaceful

• One cannot help being impressed by the protesters. They have begun each day of the protest in Kiev in prayer and all activities are accomplished with a collective sense of respect, kindness, and an intention to conduct a peaceful revolution.
    -- Bob Schaffer

#Prayer #Kindness #Peaceful

• Male female slave or free; peaceful or disorderly; maybe you and he will not agree; but you need him to show you new ways to see.
    -- Bruce Cockburn

#Peaceful #Males #Female

• There is "what is" only when there is no comparing and to live with "what is" is to be peaceful.
    -- Bruce Lee

#Motivation #Peaceful #Compare

• The greatest self is a peaceful smile, that always sees the world smiling back.
    -- Bryant H. McGill

#Self #Keep Smiling #Peaceful

• When the democratic deficit is so enormous, people are left with very little option but to take peaceful, non-violent direct action.
    -- Caroline Lucas

#People #Peaceful #Littles

• I had dreamed of visiting Bali for many years and because I had an extended family of Balinese friends in Los Angeles, I felt connected. The island is so peaceful and the smiles are constant.
    -- Carolyn Murphy

#Islands #Years #Peaceful

• Imagine the National Guard being called against a group of peaceful people. How far can we get; how disgraceful can it become? It's the most disgraceful, the most wicked thing I've seen in all my years of organizing farm labor.
    -- Cesar Chavez

#Years #People #Peaceful

• Im a peaceful man with bad intentions.
    -- Charlie Sheen

#Men #Peaceful #Intention

• Where a government has come into power through some form of popular vote, fraudulent or not, and maintains at least an appearance of constitutional legality, the guerrilla outbreak cannot be promoted, since the possibilities of peaceful struggle have not yet been exhausted.
    -- Che Guevara

#Struggle #Government #Peaceful

• Peaceful coexistence cannot be limited to the powerful countries if we want to ensure world peace.
    -- Che Guevara

#Country #Powerful #Peaceful

• Until mankind is peaceful enough not to have violence on the news, there's no point in taking it out of shows that need it for entertainment value.
    -- Cher

#Peaceful #Needs #News

• Cats are peaceful and tranquil - they bring calmness with their serene personalities.
    -- Chris Evert

#Cat #Personality #Peaceful

• Bombs know no ism but barbarism. The laws that successfully govern a peaceful and democratic society do not interfere with the only law bombs know, which is the law of gravity.
    -- Clare Boothe Luce

#War #Law #Peaceful

• But Portugal has a peaceful feel about it. I sit on the terrace overlooking the vineyard there and I feel cut off from the world. You need that sort of thing.
    -- Cliff Richard

#Cutting #Peaceful #Needs

• It's better to build a peaceful child than re-build a violent adult.
    -- Colman McCarthy

#Children #Peaceful #Adults

• Collectively, we have all it takes to create a just and peaceful world, but we must work together and share our talents. We all need one another to find happiness within ourselves and within the world.
    -- Craig Kielburger

#Justice #Peaceful #Together

• We're all snatching precious moments from the peaceful jaws of time.
    -- Cressida Cowell

#Peaceful #Moments #Precious Moments

• Before I became famous I had a very full life, and that gave me a lot to pick from. I always use everything. It always comes in handy. Working with animals... Well, I just enjoyed that. That was the most peaceful time.
    -- Cyndi Lauper

#Animal #Peaceful #Use

• I firmly believe that the mission of religion in the 21st century must be to contribute concretely to the peaceful coexistence of humankind.
    -- Daisaku Ikeda

#Believe #Peaceful #Century

• Women have the capacity to lead us to a more peaceful world with compassion, affection, and kindness.
    -- Dalai Lama

#Kindness #Compassion #Peaceful

• Compassion naturally creates a positive atmosphere, and as a result you feel peaceful and content.
    -- Dalai Lama

#Compassion #Peaceful #Atmosphere

• An affectionate disposition not only makes the mind more peaceful and calm, but it affects our body in a positive way too.
    -- Dalai Lama

#Inspiration #Peaceful #Mind

• We cannot hope to die peacefully if our lives have been full of violence, or if our minds have mostly been agitated by emotions like anger, attachment, or fear. So if we wish to die well, we must learn how to live well: Hoping for a peaceful death, we must cultivate peace in our mind, and in our way of life.
    -- Dalai Lama

#Death #Attachment #Peaceful

• The creation of a more peaceful and happier society has to begin from the level of the individual, and from there it can expand to one's family, to one's neighborhood, to one's community and so on.
    -- Dalai Lama

#Community #Peaceful #Levels

• Although we are all the same in not wanting problems and wanting a peaceful life, we tend to create a lot of problems for ourselves. Encountering those problems, anger develops and overwhelms our mind, which leads to violence. A good way to counter this and to work for a more peaceful world is to develop concern for others. Then our anger, jealousy and other destructive emotions will naturally weaken and diminish.
    -- Dalai Lama

#Peaceful #Mind #World

• Education is the best way to train ourselves that we will secure our own well-being by concerning ourselves with others. It is possible to create a better world, a more compassionate, more peaceful world, which is not only in everyone’s interest, but is everyone’s responsibility to achieve.
    -- Dalai Lama

#Responsibility #Peaceful #World

• Everybody wants a happy life and a peaceful mind, but we have to produce peace of mind through our own practice.
    -- Dalai Lama

#Happy Life #Practice #Peaceful

• When we speak of a calm state of mind or peace of mind, we shouldn't confuse that with an insensitive state of apathy. Having a calm or peaceful state of mind doesn't mean being spaced out or completely empty. Peace of mind or a calm state of mind is rooted in affection and compassion and is sensitive and responsive to others.
    -- Dalai Lama

#Mean #Compassion #Peaceful

• We can make this a more peaceful century if we cherish non-violence and concern for others’ well-being. It is possible. If the individual is happier, his or her family is happier; if families are happy, neighborhoods and nations will be happy. By transforming ourselves we can change our human way of life and make this a century of compassion.
    -- Dalai Lama

#Compassion #Peaceful #Way

• As our own peace of mind grows, so the atmosphere around us becomes more peaceful.
    -- Dalai Lama

#Peaceful #Atmosphere #Mind

• What I believe, according to my own experience, is that a calm, peaceful mind is a very important element for sustaining the body in a balanced way.
    -- Dalai Lama

#Spiritual #Believe #Peaceful

• If you want a kinder world, then behave with kindness; if you want a peaceful world, make peace within.
    -- Dan Millman

#Kindness #Peaceful #World

• Like most Americans, I hope and wish is that there is a peaceful resolution to the Middle East conflict. Unfortunately, there are extremists on both sides who oppose a peaceful resolution and instead choose violence.
    -- Darrell Issa

#Peaceful #Wish #Violence

• In America, we're trying to find a peaceful solution in the Middle East and we're not going to be divided along any lines, including religious lines, including ethnic backgrounds.
    -- Darrell Issa

#Religious #America #Peaceful

• The world is quieter now. It is never quiet, but it can get quieter. What strange creatures we are, to find silence peaceful, when permanent silence is the thing we most dread. Nighttime is not that. Nighttime still rustles, still creaks and whispers and trembles in its throat. It is not darkness we fear, but our own helplessness within it. How merciful to have been granted the other senses.
    -- David Levithan

#Silence #Peaceful #Darkness

• At this crucial crossroads of history, we join to call on the world to recognize that violence begets violence; that nuclear proliferation benefits no one; that we can, we will, and we must find other ways to protect ourselves, our nations and our future: for it is not sufficient to have peace in our time, but, instead, we must leave a peaceful world to our children.
    -- David Saperstein

#Religious #Children #Peaceful

• Yet better for one of my nature to have it that way than to have life a peaceful, placid flow of quiet contentment. I must have days of rushing excitement.
    -- Dawn Powell

#Rushing #Peaceful #Contentment

• Remember that you will create peace only when you are peaceful.
    -- Deepak Chopra

#Peaceful #Remember

• Together we can help create a peaceful, just, sustainable and healthy world.
    -- Deepak Chopra

#Healthy #Peaceful #Together

• I would prefer things to be peaceful and not have conflict.
    -- Don Winslow

#Peaceful #Conflict

• how peaceful a bedroom is without a man in it.
    -- Dorothy Eden

#Men #Peaceful #Bedroom

• When you say “yes” to the “isness” of life, when you accept this moment as it is, you can feel a sense of spaciousness within you that is deeply peaceful.
    -- Eckhart Tolle

#Peaceful #Moments #Accepting

• You can enjoy the present moment, and you can be aligned with the doing. A different state of consciousness, then, is the foundation for what you do. Presence flows into what you do. Even though what you do may be the same, there is a fundamental difference: The energy that flows into what you do, although it may be high energy, is very peaceful energy. It is not out of alignment with life.
    -- Eckhart Tolle

#Differences #Peaceful #Different

• Words were never invented to fully explain the peaceful aura that surrounds us when we are in communion with minds of the same thoughts.
    -- Eddie Myers

#Wisdom #Peaceful #Mind

• The Communist Manifesto was correct but we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding to democratic organizations. In my judgment success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance [rather] than in a catastrophic crash.
    -- Eduard Bernstein

#Lying #Organization #Peaceful

• If we want a free and peaceful world, if we want to make the deserts bloom and man grow to greater dignity as a human being - we can do it.
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt

#Inspirational #Men #Peaceful

• It's peaceful for people to know how their lives are going to be, pretty much.
    -- Elizabeth McGovern

#People #Peaceful

• The world loves a peaceful man, but it gives way to a strenuous kicker.
    -- Emily Murphy

#Men #Giving #Peaceful

• The contention that a standing army and navy is the best security of peace is about as logical as the claim that the most peaceful citizen is he who goes about heavily armed.
    -- Emma Goldman

#War #Army #Peaceful

• The forests are the flag's of Nature. They appeal to all and awaken inspiring universal feelings. Enter the forest and the boundaries of nations are forgotten. It may be that sometime an immortal pine will be the flag of a united and peaceful world.
    -- Enos Mills

#Garden #Peaceful #Feelings

• One person cannot change the world. But you can become the world for someone. A warm, bright, and peaceful world. If everyone can be such a world to one person, one will become ten people, and then a hundred. The world will be full of happy people then.
    -- Enrique Iglesias

#Drama #People #Peaceful

• N. S. Khrushchev established his supremacy in the U.S.S.R. after post-Stalinist alarums and excursions (1958-64). This admirable rough diamond, a believer in reform and peaceful coexistence, who incidentally emptied Stalin's concentration camps, dominated the international scene in the next few years. He was also perhaps the only peasant boy ever to rule a major state
    -- Eric Hobsbawm

#Boys #Years #Peaceful

• The holy, all-loving, all-powerful, all-mighty, perfectly peaceful and joyful Life of God is waiting to be ours. It is a priceless gift that comes with only one condition:  His Life can only be had in exchange for our own.
    -- Eric Ludy

#Powerful #Waiting #Peaceful

• Shadows are cool and peaceful places for those whose minds are overstocked with treasure.
    -- Eva Ibbotson

#Peaceful #Mind #Shadow

• Few are there that will leave the secure seclusion of the scholar's life, the peaceful walks of literature and learning, to stand out a target for the criticism of unkind and hostile minds.
    -- Felix Adler

#Peaceful #Mind #Criticism

• Let us continue to strive together for a more inclusive, democratic, and peaceful future for us all.
    -- Fernando Henrique Cardoso

#Future #Peaceful #Together

• pg.9 "In my heart there's a peaceful anguish, and my calm is made of resignation.
    -- Fernando Pessoa

#Heart #Peaceful #Calm

• All that passes under our eyes proves that we do not live in a peaceful and harmonious world.
    -- Francois Mitterrand

#Eye #Peaceful #World

• Being both more systematically brutal than chimps and more empathetic than bonobos, we are by far the most bipolar ape. Our societies are never completely peaceful, never completely competitive, never ruled by sheer selfishness, and never perfectly moral.
    -- Frans de Waal

#Peaceful #Bipolar #Selfishness

• The day will come when all nations amidst which the Jews are dwelling will have to raise the question of their wholesale expulsion, a question which will be one of life or death, good health or chronic disease, peaceful existence or perpetual social fever.
    -- Franz Liszt

#Dwelling #Peaceful #Fever

• I was married to Margaret Joan Howe in 1940. Although not a scientist herself she has contributed more to my work than anyone else by providing a peaceful and happy home.
    -- Frederick Sanger

#Home #Peaceful #Married

• Make no mistake: peaceful madmen are ahead of the future.
    -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

#Mistake #Peaceful #Madmen

• Diets are based on the unspoken fear that you are a madwoman, a food terrorist, a lunatic…The promise of a diet is not only that you will have a different body; it is that in having a different body, you will have a different life. If you hate yourself enough, you will love yourself. If you torture yourself enough, you will become a peaceful, relaxed human being.
    -- Geneen Roth

#Hate #Love You #Peaceful

• War has been waged against us by stealth and deceit and murder. This nation is peaceful, but fierce when stirred to anger. This conflict was begun on the timing and terms of others. It will end in a way, and at an hour, of our choosing.
    -- George W. Bush

#War #Peaceful #September 11

• I've got a job to do, and I'm going to be judged upon whether or not the world is more peaceful and whether or not America is more prosperous and more compassionate.
    -- George W. Bush

#Jobs #America #Peaceful

• What is most important of this grand experiment, the United States? Not the election of the first president but the election of its second president. The peaceful transition of power is what will separate this country from every other country in the world.
    -- George Washington

#Country #Peaceful #Important

• Unwilling am I, in the evening of a life nearly consumed in public cares, to quit a peaceful abode for an Ocean of difficulties
    -- George Washington

#Ocean #Peaceful #Care

• You can choose to be peaceful right here and now ... it has nothing to do with what other people do or think.
    -- Gerald Jampolsky

#Thinking #People #Peaceful

• it is a peaceful thing to be one succeeding.
    -- Gertrude Stein

#Success #Peaceful #Succeed

• There is no situation so bad that it cannot be accepted patiently, with an open, accommodating, and peaceful heart.
    -- Geshe Kelsang Gyatso

#Heart #Peaceful #Accepted

• Bora Bora is peaceful and quiet, but fun, so full of cool activities and more; spiritual to the core, and you leave with fully recharged batteries.
    -- Gilles Marini

#Spiritual #Fun #Peaceful

• If anything or anyone distresses you, think how you'll feel a week - a month - a year later. If you can imagine yourself being happy and peaceful then, why waste all that time? Be happy and peaceful now.
    -- Goswami Kriyananda

#Thinking #Years #Peaceful