Faithful quotes

• If you be faithful, you will have that honor that comes from God: his Spirit will say in your hearts, Well done, good and faithful servants.
    -- Adam Clarke

#Heart #Faithful #Honor

• As I’m so often reminded what a priceless gift my life is, I ache with everything in me to make it count, so that when I finally cross the finish line, I’ll hear the words, 'Well done, good and faithful servant.
    -- Adam Young

#Faithful #Done #Lines

• The Church has realized that anything and everything can be built up on a document of that sort, no matter how contradictory or irreconcilable with it. The faithful will swallow it whole, so long as logical reasoning is never allowed to be brought to bear on it.
    -- Adolf Hitler

#Religious #Long #Faithful

• The demons of the Devil don't use your weak weaknesses against you, they use your strong ones. If you're rational and logical, they argue their case rationally and logically. If you're loyal and faithful, they turn those against you. If you're passionate and emotional, they make you passionate and emotional about your worse fears. Your weak weaknesses are no use to them.... They find the strongest weaknesses you didn't know were yours and use those against you.
    -- Aidan Chambers

#Strong #Emotional #Faithful

• It's Satan's delight to tell me that once he's got me, he will keep me. But at that moment I can go back to God. And I know that if I confess my sins, God is faithful and just to forgive me.
    -- Alan Redpath

#Forgive Me #Faithful #Forgiving

• Some cry: 'Love me!!' Others: 'Don't love me!!' But a certain genus, the worst and most unhappy, cries: 'Don't love me and be faithful to me!!'
    -- Albert Camus

#Love #Faithful #Unhappy

• The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. We will not solve the problems of the world from the same level of thinking we were at when we created them. More than anything else, this new century demands new thinking: We must change our materially based analyses of the world around us to include broader, more multidimensional perspectives.
    -- Albert Einstein

#Thinking #Perspective #Faithful

• Be faithful to your love and you mill be recompensed beyond measure.
    -- Albert Schweitzer

#Love #Faithful #Being Faithful

• There are women who do not like to cause suffering to many men at a time, and who prefer to concentrate on one man: These are the faithful women.
    -- Alfred Capus

#Men #Faithful #Suffering

• We may be confident in this: that in the pain of our suffering is the presence of a faithful God.
    -- Alistair Begg

#Pain #Faithful #Suffering

• Rather than the destination it is the journey that lends meaning to our lives, great Neelkanth. Being faithful to our path will lead to consequences, both good as well as bad. For that is the way of the universe.
    -- Amish Tripathi

#Journey #Faithful #Way

• There have been times of late when I have had to hold on to one text with all my might: "It is required in stewards that a man may be found faithful." Praise God, it does not say "sucessful.
    -- Amy Carmichael

#Men #Faithful #Might

• Be faithful to that which exists nowhere but in yourself- and thus make yourself indispensable.
    -- Andre Gide

#Success #Faithful #Being Faithful

• Among the faithful, in the great kitchens of the world, Escoffier is to Careme what the New Testament is to the Old.
    -- Andre Simon

#Food #Faithful #Kitchen

• Yet, if the most frequent sex and apparently the best sex is that between married partners who are faithful to one another, is there not a hint that affection might be an important aspect of sex? Even love?
    -- Andrew Greeley

#Sex #Faithful #Important

• Success is remaining faithful to the process God has laid out for you.
    -- Andy Stanley

#Faithful #Process

• Strive to be faithful to that which God has called you.
    -- Angela Merici

#Faithful #Being Faithful #Strive

• Only let the North exert as much moral influence over the South, as the South has exerted demoralizing influence over the North, and slavery would die amid the flame of Christian remonstrance, and faithful rebuke, and holy indignation
    -- Angelina Grimke

#Christian #Flames #Faithful

• I have always been faithful to you if faithful means the experience against which everything else has been measured.
    -- Anita Shreve

#Mean #Faithful

• Keep me rather in this cage, and feed me sparingly, if you dare. Anything that brings me closer to illness and the edge of death makes me more faithful. It is only when you make me suffer that I feel safe and secure. You should never have agreed to be a god for me if you were afraid to assume the duties of a god, and we know that they are not as tender as all that. You have already seen me cry. Now you must learn to relish my tears.
    -- Anne Desclos

#Faithful #Suffering #Tears

• God cannot be less than Himself. And God is good. And active. And faithful. And He cares.
    -- Anne Graham Lotz

#God #Christian #Faithful

• On this day, when we're celebrating our constitutional heritage, I urge you to be faithful to that heritage - to impose on our fellow citizens only the restrictions that are there in the Constitution, not invent new ones, not to invent the right because it's a good idea.
    -- Antonin Scalia

#Ideas #Scary #Faithful

• If you're going to be a good and faithful judge, you have to resign yourself to the fact that you're not always going to like the conclusions you reach. If you like them all the time, you're probably doing something wrong.
    -- Antonin Scalia

#Judging #Faithful #Facts

• Of all the doctors I have known, psychoanalysts, a congregation of lay priests with bible, rites, and the faithful, constitute the most sinister, the most ridiculous, the most unwholesome of the species.
    -- Antonio Lobo Antunes

#Doctors #Faithful #Ridiculous

• That perfect tranquillity of life, which is nowhere to be found but in retreat, a faithful friend and a good library.
    -- Aphra Behn

#Perfect #Faithful #Library

• If there is anything in life in which I take a pardonable pride, it is my friendship for certain old woodsmen and hunters; obscure men, as far as the world is concerned, but faithful friends, loyal comrades.
    -- Archibald Rutledge

#Pride #Men #Faithful

• It is difficult to make a reputation, but is even more difficult seriously to mar a reputation once properly made --- so faithful is the public.
    -- Arnold Bennett

#Faithful #Mars #Reputation

• Be but faithful, that is all; Go right on, and close behind thee There shall follow still and find thee Help, sure help.
    -- Arthur Hugh Clough

#Faithful #Helping #Fidelity

• True realism lies in the search for the expression of forms faithful to their content. But there is no content detached from human interest.
    -- Asger Jorn

#Lying #Expression #Faithful

• Abstinence, being faithful and correct and consistent condom use are the only ways to successfully reach everyone when discussing HIV prevention. I believe that the abstinence message alone does not solve the AIDS epidemic.
    -- Ashley Judd

#Believe #Epidemics #Faithful

• A disciplined conscience is a man's best friend. It may not be his most amiable, but it is his most faithful monitor.
    -- Austin Phelps

#Men #Faithful #May

• By presenting a faithful and honest record of my experience as a mother, I hope to show both my readers and my children how truth can redeem even what you fear might be the gravest of sins.
    -- Ayelet Waldman

#Mother #Children #Faithful

• My own soul is my most faithful friend. My own heart, my truest confidant
    -- Babur

#Heart #Soul #Faithful

• I thought being faithful was about becoming someone other than who I was...it wasn't until I failed that I began to wonder if my human wholeness might be more useful to God than my exhausting goodness.
    -- Barbara Brown Taylor

#Faithful #Might #Becoming

• If the historian will be faithful to the photograph, the photograph will be faithful to history.
    -- Beaumont Newhall

#Photography #Faithful #Historian

• Books are faithful repositories, which may be awhile neglected or forgotten, but when they are opened again, will again impart their instruction.
    -- Ben Jonson

#Book #Faithful #May

• Eeyore religion says that the earth isn't worth saving, anyway, and that when it comes to an end, the Faithful will be transported instantly to heaven. No problem. We'd like to see them explain things to Saint Peter at the Gate, when he asks them what they did with the world that God entrusted to them. That might get a bit sticky.
    -- Benjamin Hoff

#Heaven #Faithful #Saint

• I want people to remember me that I was faithful, faithful to the gospel, faithful to the call that God gave me. And when I get to heaven, I'm going to ask him why he called me, because I was much used to milking cows and working on the farm than I was preaching.
    -- Billy Graham

#People #Heaven #Faithful

• I haven't been faithful to my own advice in the past. I will in the future.
    -- Billy Graham

#Past #Advice #Faithful

• Jesus was victorious not because he never flinched, talked back, or questioned, but having flinched, talked back, and questioned, he remained faithful.
    -- Brennan Manning

#Jesus #Faithful

• To be damned is to be banished from, or be deprived of living in the presence of the Father and the Son. Who will live with him? They [who] will come up and inherit the highest glory that is prepared for the faithful.
    -- Brigham Young

#Father #Son #Faithful

• Let the people be led by the revelations of Jesus Christ, and the finger of God will be made manifest before them day by day in their progress to eternal happiness; for this is the privilege of the faithful.
    -- Brigham Young

#Jesus #People #Faithful

• The promise to the Church is a promise of persecution, if faithful in this world, but a promise of a great inheritance and reward hereafter.
    -- C. I. Scofield

#Faithful #Promise #Church

• Faithful to the cause of Prohibition - She hath done what she could
    -- Carrie Nation

#Tombstone #Faithful #Done

• He knew enough of the world to know that there is nothing in it better than the faithful service of the heart.
    -- Charles Dickens

#Heart #Faithful #World

• I know of nothing which I would choose to have as the subject of my ambition for life than to be kept faithful to my God till death.
    -- Charles Spurgeon

#Christian #Ambition #Faithful

• Authority is just and faithful in all matters of promise-keeping; it is also considerate, and that is why a good mother is the best home-ruler.
    -- Charlotte Mason

#Mother #Home #Faithful

• The worker faithful to the well has neither the intention, or time, to violate the name and the service of others.
    -- Chico Xavier

#Names #Faithful #Intention

• A man is only as faithful as his options.
    -- Chris Rock

#Men #Faithful #Religion

• The same God who brought you here is the same God that will take you there! Stop worrying about how and trust Him. He who promised is faithful!
    -- Christine Caine

#Christian #Worry #Faithful

• Being faithful doesn’t mean you are fearless. It just means that your faith is greater than your fear.
    -- Christine Caine

#Mean #Fearless #Faithful

• Time spent arguing with the faithful is, oddly enough, almost never wasted.
    -- Christopher Hitchens

#Time #Faithful #Arguing

• What is that which can never die It is that faithful force that is born into us that one that is greater than us that calls new seed to the open and battered and barren places so that we can be resown. It is this force in its insistence in its loyalty to us in its love of us in its most often mysterious ways that is far greater far more majestic and far more ancient than any heretofore ever known.
    -- Clarissa Pinkola Estes

#Loyalty #Faithful #Way

• If a man is not faithful to his own individuality, he cannot be loyal to anything.
    -- Claude McKay

#Men #Accountability #Faithful

• The Church doesn't censor. It tries to guide its faithful through catechism.
    -- Claudio Hummes

#Faithful #Church #Trying

• God's Word brought me peace and a desire for a relationship with Him. I found that questioning Him and searching for answers through Scripture helped me grow and gave me direction. Now my faith in Christ is what gives me confidence for the future. I know that through both good times and bad, He is faithful and will watch over me.
    -- Clint Dempsey

#Giving #Faithful #Desire

• The superior man is intelligently, not blindly, faithful.
    -- Confucius

#Army #Men #Faithful

• I haven't been faithful to my wife. Our marriage has been tainted with my infidelities. I was irresponsible.
    -- David Boreanaz

#Wife #Faithful #Infidelity

• If the God of revelation is most appropriately worshipped in the temple of religion, the God of nature may be equally honored in the temple of science. Even from its lofty minarets the philosopher may summon the faithful to prayer, and the priest and sage exchange altars without the compromise of faith or knowledge.
    -- David Brewster

#God #Prayer #Faithful

• You cannot see faith, but you can see the footprints of the faithful. We must leave behind "faithful footprints" for others to follow.
    -- Dennis Anderson

#Commitment #Faithful #Footprint

• Geoffrey [Boycott] is the only fellow I've ever met who fell in love with himself at a young age and has remained faithful ever since
    -- Dennis Lillee

#Faithful #Age #Mets

• I solemnly swear that I will bear true and faithful allegiance to the Queen when she pays her income tax
    -- Dennis Skinner

#Queens #Faithful #Income

• The colors of living things begin to fade with the last breath, and the soft, springy skin and supple muscle rot within weeks. But the bones sometimes remain, faithful echoes of the shape, to bear some last faint witness to the glory of what was.
    -- Diana Gabaldon

#Echoes #Color #Faithful

• As an artist I have always tried to be faithful to my vision of life, and I have frequently been in conflict with those who wanted me to paint not what I saw but what they wished me to see.
    -- Diego Rivera

#Artist #Faithful #Vision

• It stank pretty bad, of course: manure was caked all over the wagon. But we were free. Right then I was elated with a sense of how faithful God is to his promises; I was free, and I was smiling joyfully on a manure wagon. As we ambled along, I laughed to myself when I thought of God's sense of humor in delivering us that way. Even today, the smell of manure reminds me of freedom.
    -- Diet Eman

#Smell #Faithful #Promise

• If ever you are tempted to become discouraged or to lose faith, remember those faithful Saints who remained true in Kirtland. Hold on a little longer. You can do this! You are part of a special generation. You were prepared and preserved to live at this important time in the existence of our beautiful planet earth. You have a celestial pedigree and therefore have all the necessary talents to make your life an eternal success story.
    -- Dieter F. Uchtdorf

#Beautiful #Faithful #Special

• Who can really be faithful in great things if he has not learned to be faithful in the things of daily life?
    -- Dietrich Bonhoeffer

#Faithful #Daily Life #Being Faithful

• God has called us to SHINE, just as much as Daniel was sent into Babylon to shine. Let no one say that he cannot shine because he has not so much influence as some others may have. What God wants YOU to do is to use the influence YOU have. Daniel probably did not have much influence down in Babylon at first, but God soon gave him more because he was FAITHFUL and used what he had.
    -- Dwight L. Moody

#Shining #Faithful #Use

• Ive always seen writing as a way of telling the truth. For me, writing is about truth. I have always tried to be faithful to my own experience.
    -- Edmund White

#Writing #Faithful #Way

• Satan is cunning and man is weak, but God rules the heart of his faithful, and does what he will.
    -- Edouard Rene de Laboulaye

#Heart #Men #Faithful

• Being faithful in that which is another man's qualifies us to receive our own.
    -- Edwin Louis Cole

#Men #Faithful #Literature

• For years after I resigned, I was still faithful to their way of thinking. But not in the American Communists.
    -- Elia Kazan

#Thinking #Years #Faithful

• When you invent something, you're drawing on reservoirs of knowledge that you already have. It's only when you're faithful to the truth that something can come to you from the outside.
    -- Elif Batuman

#Writing #Drawing #Faithful

• I am imperfect in a million ways, but I always thought I was the kind of woman, the kind of wife to whom a husband would be faithful.
    -- Elizabeth Edwards

#Husband #Wife #Faithful

• Leave me if you must, but be faithful to me if you are with me.
    -- Elizabeth Edwards

#Faithful #Being Faithful #Leaving Me

• I was completely loyal and faithful to Stephen throughout this time as, indeed, he assured me he was to me.
    -- Elizabeth Hurley

#Faithful #Loyal

• Be always faithful to me, as I always desire to keep you in peace; and if there have been wiser kings, none has ever loved you more than I have.
    -- Elizabeth I

#Loyalty #Peace #Faithful

• Mothers, look after your daughters, keep them near you, keep their confidence - that they may be true and faithful.
    -- Elmina Shepard Taylor

#Mother #Daughter #Faithful

• All mass movements strive, therefore, to interpose a fact-proof screen between the faithful and the realities of the world. They do this by claiming that the ultimate and absolute truth is already embodied in their doctrine and that there is no truth nor certitude outside it. The facts on which the true believer bases his conclusions must not be derived from his experience or observation but from holy writ.
    -- Eric Hoffer

#Reality #Faithful #Facts

• Collective unity is not the result of the brotherly love of the faithful for each other. The loyalty of the true believer is to the whole the church, party, nation and not to his fellow true believer. True loyalty between individuals is possible only in a loose and relatively free society .
    -- Eric Hoffer

#Loyalty #Party #Faithful

• I don't owe my success to state subsidies but to a faithful public which has sustained me.
    -- Eric Rohmer

#Faithful #Subsidies #States

• I haven't hurt you ... if I have, it's the faithful wound of a friend.
    -- Ethel M. Dell

#Friendship #Hurt #Faithful

• A faithful lifehacker would use technology to avoid dead time and move on to the entertaining, more gratifying activities as soon as possible.
    -- Evgeny Morozov

#Moving #Technology #Faithful

• I'm not faithful to one particular medium, and it's what I try to teach to people who work with me.
    -- Fay Godwin

#People #Faithful #Trying

• It's easier to be faithful to a restaurant than it is to a woman.
    -- Federico Fellini

#Faithful #Being Faithful #Easier

• Faithful to the word given and the idea had.
    -- Fernando Pessoa

#Ideas #Faithful #Given

• O what pride, conforming to the world and following its fashions! Warn them, warn them for me, while you have strength and time and be faithful to your duty.
    -- Francis Asbury

#Fashion #Pride #Faithful

• Humanity, morality, decency, might be forgotten, but codfish must still be had for the use of the faithful in Lent and on fast days.
    -- Francis Parkman

#Humanity #Faithful #Use

• The object of my researches is the brain. The cranium is only a faithful cast of the external surface of the brain, and is consequently but a minor part of the principal object.
    -- Franz Joseph Gall

#Faithful #Brain #Research

• It is an old saying, abundantly justified, that where sciences meet there growth occurs. It is true moreover to say that in scientific borderlands not only are facts gathered that [are] often new in kind, but it is in these regions that wholly new concepts arise. It is my own faith that just as the older biology from its faithful studies of external forms provided a new concept in the doctrine of evolution, so the new biology is yet fated to furnish entirely new fundamental concepts of science, at which physics and chemistry when concerned with the non-living alone could never arrive.
    -- Frederick Gowland Hopkins

#Faithful #Growth #Doctrine

• O come all ye faithful, Joyful and triumphant, O come ye, O come ye to Bethlehem.
    -- Frederick Oakeley

#Christmas #Faithful #Joyful

• I have a faithful joy and a joy that is lost. One is like a rose, the other, a thorn. The one that was stolen I have not lost.
    -- Gabriela Mistral

#Rose #Joy #Faithful

• Be faithful that your authentic power is all you need to truly share your light with the world.
    -- Gabrielle Bernstein

#Light #Faithful #Needs

• Oh, Conscience! Conscience! man's most faithful friend, Him canst thou comfort, ease, relieve, defend; But if he will thy friendly checks forego, Thou art, oh! woe for me, his deadliest foe!
    -- George Crabbe

#Art #Men #Faithful

• What is a church? Let Truth and reason speak, They would reply, "The faithful, pure and meek, From Christian folds, the one selected race, Of all professions, and in every place.
    -- George Crabbe

#Christian #Race #Faithful

• O that unbelievers would learn of faithful Abraham, and believe whatever is revealed from God, though they cannot fully comprehend it! Abraham knew God commanded him to offer up his son, and therefore believed, notwithstanding carnal reasoning might suggest may objections.
    -- George Whitefield

#Believe #Son #Faithful

• Seek perfection of character. Be faithful. Endeavor. Respect others. Refrain from violent behaviour.
    -- Gichin Funakoshi

#Character #Perfection #Faithful

• Psychoanalysis was from the start, still is, and perhaps always will be a well-constituted church and a form of treatment based on a set of beliefs that only the very faithful could adhere to, i.e., those who believe in a security that amounts to being lost in the herd and defined in terms of common and external goals
    -- Gilles Deleuze

#Believe #Goal #Faithful

• The military is faithful to the constitution. They will come in only to protect the people from the enemies of the state.
    -- Gloria Macapagal Arroyo

#Military #People #Faithful

• Of all the creations of the Almighty, there is none more beautiful, none more inspiring than a lovely daughter of God who walks in virtue with an understanding of why she should do so, who honors and respects her body as a thing sacred and divine, who cultivates her mind and constantly enlarges the horizon of her understanding, who nurtures her spirit with everlasting truth. God will hold us accountable if we neglect His daughters. He has given us a great and compelling trust. May we be faithful to that trust.
    -- Gordon B. Hinckley

#Beautiful #Daughter #Faithful