Eric quotes

• I grew up reading genre writers, and to the degree that Eric Ambler and Graham Greene are genre writers, I'm a genre writer.
    -- Alan Furst

#Reading #Degrees #Eric

• When it comes to electronic music, I started listening to a lot of Daft Punk, way before I knew what house music was, and then progressed into a lot of Steve Angello, Eric Prydz, Axwell, Sebastian Ingrosso, and Laidback Luke.
    -- Avicii

#House #Listening #Eric

• I thought Eric Clapton was good. He still is. Not only is he good - he's rock's #1 guitarist, and he plays blues better than most of us
    -- B. B. King

#Rocks #Play #Eric

• The cure for the Michael Brown, Trayvon Martin, Tamir Rice and Eric Garner tragedies is not education or exposure. It's the Gospel. So, finally, I'M ENCOURAGED because the Gospel gives mankind hope,
    -- Benjamin Watson

#Giving #Tragedy #Eric

• It's sad when you see most of your friends in the business gone, like Tommy Cooper, Frankie Howard, Eric Morecambe, Roy Castle, Les Dawson. They were very dear to me. You no longer have the chance to bump into them at a celebrity do.
    -- Bruce Forsyth

#Castles #Eric #Gone

• No one's better than me. I'm not better than anyone. Whether it's Eric Clapton or BB King we look straight at each other. And that keeps it real.
    -- Carlos Santana

#Kings #Real #Eric

• Eric Clapton is my dream guitarist.
    -- Carole King

#Dream #Guitar #Eric

• I went to London and performed in Eric Clapton's concert at the Royal Albert Hall. I'll work with him any time he asks me.
    -- Carole King

#Eric #London #Royal

• She killed Lorena in a fight?" Eric's grin grew even broader. He was as proud as if he'd heard his firstborn reciting Shakespeare.
    -- Charlaine Harris

#Fighting #Eric #Proud

• Sookie, what have we done? And to whom?" "I killed a chicken. And I cooked it." "Sookie, Sookie. My bullshit meter is reading that as a false." -Eric Northman, Sookie Stackhouse
    -- Charlaine Harris

#Reading #Bullshit #Eric

• I am here," Eric said. "And I am here." I was a little amused at Eric's phone answering technique. "Sookie, my little bullet-sucker," he said, sounding fond and warm. "Eric, my big bullshitter.
    -- Charlaine Harris

#Phones #Technique #Eric

• i was momentarily sidetracked by the vision of Eric herding a cow into a trailer and driving it to the shoulder of the the interstate and shooing it into the trees.
    -- Charlaine Harris

#Tree #Vision #Eric

• And you are mine, and you will be mine. They will not get you. - Eric from Dead and Gone
    -- Charlaine Harris

#Eric #Gone

• [Eric:] "I'm hoping that the more you see me, the more I'll grow on you." [Sookie:] "Like a fungus?
    -- Charlaine Harris

#Eric #Fungi #Sookie Stackhouse

• Eric was incensed, to use a good entry from my word of the day Calender. In fact his eyes were almost throwing sparks he was so angry. "This woman has been mine, and she will be mine" he said in tones so definite I thought about checking my rear end for a brand.
    -- Charlaine Harris

#Eye #Eric #Use

• Eric,” she said, “maybe someday one of the waitresses will get pregnant, and we can go to a baby shower!” “That would be something to see,” said Eric
    -- Charlaine Harris

#Baby #Eric #Would Be

• Eric, what are you doing?" "Snuggling." "Get out of my bed!" -Sookie Stackhouse, Eric Northman
    -- Charlaine Harris

#Bed #Eric #Eric Northman

• It was beautiful Eric, who desired me, who was hungry for me, in a world that often let me know it could do very well without me.
    -- Charlaine Harris

#Beautiful #Eric #World

• You'll have to ask Bill that, Sookie. And this is the only reason we're going? You're not cleverly using this as an excuse to make out with me?" "I'm not that clever, Eric." "I think you deceive yourself, Sookie," Eric said with a brilliant smile.
    -- Charlaine Harris

#Clever #Thinking #Eric

• I don't like having feelings," Eric said coldly, and he left. That was a tough exit line to top.
    -- Charlaine Harris

#Feelings #Eric #Lines

• You trust me?" Eric sounded surprised. "Yes." "That's . . . crazy, Sookie.
    -- Charlaine Harris

#Crazy #Eric #Trust Me

• The words of the social critic Eric Hoffer were ringing true: "Every great cause begins as a movement, becomes a business, and turns into a racket."
    -- Christopher McDougall

#Running #Eric #Movement

• Eric Walrond, handsome, cosmopolitan, and beguilingly enigmatic, may have been the most promising literary talent of the Harlem Renaissance.... James Davis's finely written, beautifully paced Eric Walrond is a major biography of a fascinating figure.
    -- David Levering Lewis

#Handsome #Eric #Renaissance

• The person I have admired the most in comedy terms would be Eric Morecambe, who is my total hero.
    -- Dawn French

#Hero #Eric #Would Be

• Well, the real Eric Bogosian is pretty self-conscious of himself.
    -- Eric Bogosian

#Real #Self #Eric

• I don't want to be famous. I want to be secure. I don't want the world. I just want a piece of it. I want people to remember Eric Davis.
    -- Eric Davis

#People #Eric #Pieces

• I want to establish myself as the first Eric Davis, not the next Willie Mays.
    -- Eric Davis

#Eric #Want #Next

• Having a stage name is like having a Superman complex. I go into the telephone booth as Eric Bishop and come out as Jamie Foxx.
    -- Jamie Foxx

#Names #Eric #Bishops

• Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs
    -- Johan Cruijff

#Player #Eric #Giggs

• I was in the main draw from the start, my opening match was on Court One against Jan Eric Lundquist of Sweden who was about eight in the world at the time.
    -- John Newcombe

#Eight #Eric #World

• I think making a pretense of civility toward Eric Alterman is like making a pretense of civility to a scorpion.
    -- John Podhoretz

#Thinking #Scorpions #Eric

• I've heard Eric Clapner, ... I think it was a wonderful thing that Eric Clapner the musician did...So I think that's the wonderful part about it, but listen - I like Eric Clapner!
    -- Joycelyn Elders

#Thinking #Musician #Eric

• You will respect my authori-tah!' Oberon said, in a passable imitation of Eric Cartman. I reminded him that I needed to concentrate. Sometimes dogs forget; they just get too excited.
    -- Kevin Hearne

#Dog #Eric #Forget

• Plus as she put it, Prince Eric was far too hairy and peach colored for her taste. I always thought he was pretty hott, but then again, I am a mammal.
    -- Kiersten White

#Mammals #Eric #Peaches

• I think Eric Bana would be a good Superman. He's got that look. I think he'd be a great Superman.
    -- Lou Ferrigno

#Thinking #Eric #Would Be

• Eric Lewis doesn't play the piano, he devours it. He doesn't play music, he channels the divine.
    -- Mariska Hargitay

#Play #Piano #Eric

• Also,I loathe it when you refer to me as dude" Eric Sinclair to Betsy
    -- MaryJanice Davidson

#Eric

• I was very influenced by Eric Clapton and Jimi Hendrix, both of whom I had the pleasure of playing with and becoming friends with.
    -- Mick Taylor

#Friends #Eric #Becoming

• Michael Brown and Eric Garner died because they got into a confrontation that could have been easily avoided. That's what made their deaths so tragic.
    -- Mike Rowe

#Eric #Brown #Made

• Eric Clapton always wanted to come out onstage with a stuffed parrot on his shoulder.
    -- Neil Innes

#Eric #Shoulders #Parrots

• He (Eric Davis) gets power from his bat speed.....it's like he has cork in his arms.
    -- Pete Rose

#Baseball #Eric #Arms

• If you want a friend, you don't buy a friend, Eric, you earn a friend through love and trust and respect.
    -- Richard Pryor

#Money #Want #Eric

• One cannot help but be impressed by this music. The musicianship is top-notch, the performances unpredictable and full of surprises, and Eric Starr's writing is consistently inventive.
    -- Scott Yanow

#Writing #Eric #Helping

• I might be in an airport, late or angry with a ticket person, and I'm going to sort of check myself, because part of me is seen as Eric Camden. We all need as much help as we can get. It's a role model to me as much as to anybody else.
    -- Stephen Collins

#Airports #Role Models #Eric

• In the world of 'Tim and Eric,' everything is big and ridiculous and absurd.
    -- Tim Heidecker

#World #Eric #Ridiculous

• I always find that I'm at my best,' Eric said leadingly, 'when I'm at my worst.
    -- Tonya Hurley

#Eric #Said #Worst

• Any idiot can stand in front of a target," I say. "It doesn't prove anything except that you're bullying us. Which, as I recall is a sign of cowardice" "Then it should be easy for you," Eric sys. "If you're willing ot take his place.
    -- Veronica Roth

#Bullying #Eric #Target

• Eric walks toward me, and I back away by instinct. I try not to be afraid of him, but I know how smart he is and that if I’m not careful he’ll notice that I keep staring at her, and that will be my undoing.
    -- Veronica Roth

#Smart #Trying #Eric

• If Eric thinks I did something right, I must have done it wrong.
    -- Veronica Roth

#Thinking #Eric #Done

• If I had to pick three players to start a franchise, I'd choose Hasek, Peter Forsberg and Eric Lindros.
    -- Wayne Gretzky

#Player #Nhl #Eric

• It means a lot to be compared to Eric Roberson. He's a hero of mine.
    -- Avery Sunshine

#Hero #Mean #Eric

• I saw a lot of that. It made me uncomfortable. He's been studying me. We don't just sit down and talk, he's actually studying me. It makes me a little uncomfortable being under that microscope. But I think Eric [Bana] immured himself wight he script and is doing what he needed to do
    -- Ralph Sarchie

#Thinking #Eric #Down And

• Eric Buckner is the most athletic big man I've ever coached.
    -- Ron Hunter

#Men #Athletic #Eric

• I'm playing like Eric Dampier.
    -- Shaquille O'Neal

#Basketball #Nba #Eric

• The hard part was when I went into the studio with co-producer Eric Broucek, and he started slashing my demos. I always sweat that.
    -- Britta Phillips

#Sweat #Eric #Producers

• I did tons of theater in school, and then when I was 16 and got my driver's license, I started driving to Los Angeles, along with my friend Eric Stoltz, who was a year ahead of me and was doing the same thing. So we had the same manager, and we started auditioning for things and doing commercials when we were 16.
    -- Anthony Edwards

#School #Years #Eric

• Eric McCormack is directing talent waiting to happen.
    -- Ron Livingston

#Waiting #Eric #Talent