Eras quotes

• The stage has been reached where our armed forces should withdraw beyond the borders It's not the end. It's the start of a new era.
    -- Abdullah Ocalan

#Eras #Borders #Should

• I am the biggest face of boxing right now. That's how I feel. I am the greatest of this era.
    -- Adrien Broner

#Motivation #Boxing #Eras

• Man cannot do without beauty, and this is what our era pretends to want to disregard.
    -- Albert Camus

#Men #Want #Eras

• First off, I have to mention what is undoubtedly the greatest phenomenon of the modern era: All You Can Eat Buffets.
    -- Alexei Sayle

#Buffets #Eras #Firsts

• We live in the Facebook era. I think everyone, not just celebrities, have an unprecedented level of self-awareness, of presenting yourself to the world. The truth is, it starts with how you look, and that goes into how you dress.
    -- Allison Williams

#Thinking #Self #Eras

• We live in an era of consumerism and it's all about desire-based consumerism and it has nothing to do with things we actually need.
    -- Aloe Blacc

#Desire #Needs #Eras

• I think the era of the diva actress is coming to an end.
    -- Amanda Seyfried

#Thinking #Eras #Actresses

• I seem to be stuck in the '60s, and my favorite music, cars, and women's fashion come from that era. And the sense of social rebellion. It was a good time for a lot of things.
    -- Amber Heard

#Fashion #Car #Eras

• A good book is fruitful of other books; it perpetuates its fame from age to age, and makes eras in the lives of its readers.
    -- Amos Bronson Alcott

#Book #Age #Eras

• We live now in an era where normal values have been displaced. The good is called bad, the bad - good.
    -- Anna Politkovskaya

#Eras #Normal #Values

• I am fascinated by history and particularly the Victorian era.
    -- Annie Lennox

#Eras #Victorian Era

• When, at the end of the 1960s, I became interested in the Nazi era, it was a taboo subject in Germany. No one spoke about it anymore, no more in my house than anywhere else.
    -- Anselm Kiefer

#House #Eras #Germany

• Youth is not the era of wisdom; let us therefore have due consideration.
    -- Antoine Rivarol

#Eras #Youth #Consideration

• We stand now at the turning point between two eras. Behind us is a past to which we can never return ...
    -- Arthur C. Clarke

#Past #Two #Eras

• An era can be said to end when its basic illusions are exhausted.
    -- Arthur Miller

#Dream #Eras #Exhausted

• The war is ending, for the first time in the history of relations between Moscow and Grozny, and the era of peace is starting.
    -- Aslan Maskhadov

#War #Moscow #Eras

• [P]rogress, however, has not sufficiently infiltrated the Interior Ministry, affording protection to those who participated in the Bytyqi murders and other egregious Milosevic-era crimes.
    -- Avis Bohlen

#Ministry #Eras #Murder

• Every period ruled by mystics was an era of stagnation and want, when most men were on strike against existence,
    -- Ayn Rand

#Men #Want #Eras

• In this era in which we live, the old-fashioned virtues grow increasingly unpopular.
    -- B. Carroll Reece

#Eras #Virtue #Old Fashioned

• It was a great time to grow up in Chicago. It was the mid-80s, and we had the 85 Bears and the Michael Jordan era.
    -- Bailey Chase

#Growing Up #Chicago #Eras

• I am a huge admirer of Elizabeth I, and this intriguing biography gives a wonderful picture of the era.
    -- Barbara Taylor Bradford

#Giving #Eras #Biographies

• And we have a new era in boxing!
    -- Barry Tompkins

#Boxing #Eras

• I'm sure I can make a movie that doesn't feel like a seventies movie! But the truth is, that's my favorite era in American filmmaking. To me, those were the great years.
    -- Ben Affleck

#Years #Eras #Truth Is

• When chaos is the god of an era, clamorous music is the deity's chief instrument.
    -- Ben Okri

#Eras #Deities #Chaos

• When I grew up in the '60s, your hair had to be straight and you had to be skinny and have no boobs, and it was like not my era.
    -- Bernadette Peters

#Hair #Eras #Skinny

• Notorious B.I.G. was one of my favorites. I started getting into hip-hop around the Bad Boy era.
    -- Big Sean

#Boys #Hip Hop #Eras

• Not every President is a great speaker. Not every President is a great thinker. But in the modern era, every single President is a master of one thing: eye contact.
    -- Brad Meltzer

#Eye #President #Eras

• We are living through a remarkably privileged era, when certain deep truths about the cosmos are still within reach of the human spirit of exploration.
    -- Brian Greene

#Cosmos #Eras #Spirit

• Welcome to a new era of marketing and service in which your brand is defined by those who experience it.
    -- Brian Solis

#Marketing #Eras #Welcome

• I was so naive about writing, I went to the public library and checked out the only volume they had on the topic - an academic treatise about publishing from the WWII era.
    -- Bruce Feiler

#Writing #Library #Eras

• I am endeavoring to steer gymnastics out of a dead end that satisfies only a handful of short-sighted individuals with nostalgia for an era gone by.
    -- Bruno Grandi

#Gymnastics #Gone #Eras

• I am stuck in the 70's. I can't seem to get away from that era.
    -- Carnie Wilson

#Eras #Stuck #Get Away

• We are at the beginning of a new era of immunochemistry, namely the production of "antibody based" molecules.
    -- Cesar Milstein

#Science #Molecules #Eras

• A cool & diversified version of a mix tape. The BreakBeat Poets is a thorough and complete summation of Golden Era writers who continue to build the scene of literary and performance poetry.
    -- Chance the Rapper

#Tape #Golden #Eras

• In this difficult era the most valuable commodity is the unfailing turn of the hours and how they retrieve for us the known harbor of yesterday.
    -- Chang-Rae Lee

#Yesterday #Eras #Commodity

• Modern allopathic medicine is the only major science stuck in the pre-Einstein era.
    -- Charlotte Gerson

#Medicine #Eras #Modern

• The big studio era is from the coming of sound until 1950, until I came in I came in at a crux in film, which was the end of the studio era and the rise of filmmaking.
    -- Charlton Heston

#Sound #Eras #Film

• I love that Viking era, but also they're a fatalistic people and that dictated their fearlessness in battle and approach to life.
    -- Chris Hemsworth

#People #Battle #Eras

• We grew up with all the Fat Wreck Records and all the Epitaph bands, that era. We mixed it up together. We were never purists of being just pop or just pop-punk. We always wanted to blend everything that we love.
    -- Chuck Comeau

#Together #Wrecks #Eras

• When eras die, their legacies Are left to strange police. Professors in New England guard The glory that was Greece.
    -- Clarence Day

#Police #Legacy #Eras

• We live in an era where pizzas show up faster than the police.
    -- Claude Chabrol

#Police #Eras #Faster

• Design, in its broadest sense, is the enabler of the digital era.
    -- Clement Mok

#Design #Eras #Digital

• We Americans entered a new phase in our history - the era of integration - in 1954.
    -- Constance Baker Motley

#Phases #Eras #Integration

• The work of art expresses precisely those things which do not die. It must do so, however, in a form that bears witness to the artist's own era.
    -- Constantin Brancusi

#Art #Eras #Bears

• Native annalists may look sadly back from the future on that period when we had the atomic bomb and the Russians didn't. Or when the Russians had aquired (through connivance and treachery of Westerns with warped minds) the atomic bomb - and yet still didn't have any stockpile of the weapons. That was the era when we might have destroyed Russia completely and not even skinned our elbows doing it.
    -- Curtis LeMay

#Russia #Mind #Eras

• Something I always wanted to do, to capture that later half of the '70s. It's like the early half of the '70s is still the '60s, in that there's still kind of a playfulness and inventiveness in terms of design and the things that were going on in the culture. The second half, it got much more commodified. It's possibly the ugliest era of architecture and clothes and design in the entire 20th century, from 1975 to '81 or '82.
    -- Daniel Clowes

#Clothes #Design #Eras

• The ultimate pitch for an era of short attention spans begins with a single word - and doesn't go any further.
    -- Daniel H. Pink

#Communication #Attention #Eras

• I would consider all of the legislation which I have supported meaningless if I were to sit idly by, silent, during a period which may go down in history as an era when we permitted the curtailment of our liberties.
    -- Dennis Chavez

#Liberty #May #Eras

• Why is it I feel a new nostalgia for the era of the guillotine?
    -- Dennis Cooper

#Eras #Nostalgia #Guillotine

• My career spanned the era when relievers started to become more important
    -- Dennis Eckersley

#Careers #Important #Eras

• The tribal community lived in the totality of circular time; the farmers of God's universe understood before and after; workers of the clockwork universe lived by the tick; and we creatures of the digital era must relate to the pulse.
    -- Douglas Rushkoff

#Community #Pulse #Eras

• I want to be the greatest player ever in my era.
    -- Dwight Howard

#Player #Want #Eras

• The Victorian era is the sexiest age for me, but I also like a woman in a pair of jeans.
    -- Dylan McDermott

#Jeans #Age #Eras

• My favorite era of hip-hop was between '85-'89. That was the era that got me to love hip-hop.
    -- El-P

#Hip Hop #Eras #Hips

• Tax rates for the wealthy should revert to Clinton-era levels, both because it is necessary for long-term deficit reduction and because fairness dictates it. Moreover, there is no proof that higher marginal rates dissuade investment, all the rhetoric from the Right notwithstanding.
    -- Eliot Spitzer

#Long #Levels #Eras

• The birth of democracy in Iraq is one of the great positive changes of our era.
    -- Ernest Istook

#Iraq #Democracy #Eras

• Life is so absurd now that it is almost impossible to be a satirist in this era.
    -- Fran Lebowitz

#Eras #Impossible #Life Is

• Only by doing the best we can with the very best that an era offers, do we find the way to do better in the future.
    -- Frank Drake

#Way #Eras #Offers

• I love to unwind and watch movies, especially those from the classic black-and-white era.
    -- Fred Savage

#Black And White #Watches #Eras

• The passionate controversies of one era are viewed as sterile preoccupations by another, for knowledge alters what we seek as well as what we find.
    -- Freda Adler

#Passionate #Eras #Preoccupation

• Really, each era has its own false nostalgia. We all put a picket fence up around something. For my generation it was the '50s, and for other generations it will be something else. Change is scary for everyone, as is complexity, contradiction, and an uncertain future.
    -- Gary Ross

#Scary #Generations #Eras

• We're living in an era where word-of-mouth is on steroids,
    -- Gary Vaynerchuk

#Mouths #Eras #Steroid

• The 21st Century has begun as an era of uncertainty, with a heightened focus on security and public safety.
    -- Gavin Newsom

#Safety #Focus #Eras

• Obviously we're celebrating a 36-year legacy on ABC and the end of an era, but we're also celebrating the start of a new era with this great property on ESPN. It's a bit of mixed emotions.
    -- George Bodenheimer

#Years #Legacy #Eras

• There are new eras in one's life that are equivalent to youth-are something better than youth.
    -- George Eliot

#Eras #Youth #Something Better

• While I put forth the suntan and the teeth and the cavalier attitude, I've survived under the worst of eras and times, and I've always had a good time doing it, because I never really took myself seriously, nor did I take life seriously because it is already terribly serious.
    -- George Hamilton

#Attitude #Teeth #Eras

• I'm kind of like a relic from another era.
    -- George Hamilton

#Eras #Kind #Relics

• The Palestinian cause is not a cause for Palestinians only, but a cause for every revolutionary, wherever he is, as a cause of the exploited and oppressed masses in our era.
    -- Ghassan Kanafani

#Eras #Causes #Revolutionary

• Social Security is a plan that actually was designed in a much different time, in a different era, and with a different set of American demographics in mind.
    -- Ginny Brown-Waite

#Mind #Different #Eras

• I think we're approaching an era where there's a consistent dialogue going on between artists and consumers. And I think that's going to be part of the solution to actually selling music.
    -- Girl Talk

#Artist #Thinking #Eras

• If we go back to the heyday of that era I think we will see replicated again the extraordinary human damage that we as a nation have suffered from
    -- Glenda Jackson

#Thinking #Heyday #Eras

• We are entering an era in which national government, instead of directing, enables powerful regional and local initiatives to work, where Britain becomes as it should be - a Britain of nations and regions
    -- Gordon Brown

#Powerful #Government #Eras

• If this is how science operates, by silencing those who express opposing views rather than by debating with them, then science is dead and we are in a new era of the Inquisition.
    -- Graham Hancock

#Views #Opposing Views #Eras

• The coming of the wireless era will make war impossible, because it will make war ridiculous.
    -- Guglielmo Marconi

#War #Eras #Ridiculous

• In the new era, thought itself will be transmitted by radio.
    -- Guglielmo Marconi

#Science #Radio #Eras

• Everyone is born into a certain era. I wouldn't want to see anyone faced with the circumstances that prevailed at the time, when there were few or no alternatives.
    -- Gunter Grass

#Alternatives #Want #Eras

• We talking about revolution because that's the era that you're caught in.
    -- H. Rap Brown

#Talking #Eras #Revolution

• What is supposed to be the very essence of Judaism - which is the notion that it is by study that you make yourself a holy people - is nowhere present in Hebrew tradition before the end of the first or the beginning of the second century of the Common Era.
    -- Harold Bloom

#Essence #People #Eras

• On 5 September, when the TUC unanimously rejected wage restraint, it was the end of an era, and all the financiers, all the little gnomes in Zürich and other finance centres about whom we keep on hearing, had started to make their dispositions in regard to sterling.
    -- Harold Wilson

#Littles #Hearing #Eras

• Borne out of this, starting around the 17th Century was the Baroque era. It is my view that it is one of the architectural peak periods in western civilisation.
    -- Harry Seidler

#Views #Starting Over #Eras

• No matter what era we're in, we need hope.
    -- Henry Cavill

#Needs #Matter #Eras

• My first Grammy wasn't even in a jazz category, but of course I was really excited. 'Rockit' was the beginning of kind of a new era for the whole hip-hop movement.
    -- Herbie Hancock

#Hip Hop #Eras #Firsts

• Motown, Motown, that's my era. Those are my people.
    -- Hillary Clinton

#Hilarious #People #Eras

• We are the great grassroots campaign of the modern era, built from mousepads, shoe leather and hope.
    -- Howard Dean

#Shoes #Campaigns #Eras

• For Sony, owning a studio is a gamble and probably a pretty good one, now that in the broadband era having content is a great advantage when you sell devices that in a ubiquitous world of distribution can actually show programs, movies, content directly to the consumer. So that you actually create, in a digital world, real synergy.
    -- Howard Stringer

#Real #World #Eras

• In the post-individualistic era, science and spirituality will become allies, and human beings will realize a vast potentiality now only dimly felt.
    -- Huston Smith

#Allies #Eras #Spirit

• It's impossible in our postmodern era for anyone to be original--for anybody to do what Jackson Pollock did...
    -- Irving Sandler

#Eras #Impossible #Modernism

• But to be fair, if you take players from my era to now, the game has changed and the players have many more shots. They use them differently than we did. The speed of the game has changed.
    -- Ivan Lendl

#Player #Games #Eras

• I tried to go to Kosovo to establish a statue to commemorate those who died during the wars, and to discuss moving on, so we could move into a new era. But I was banned from there.
    -- Ivica Dacic

#War #Moving #Eras

• Im a storyteller; that is what I do. And Im particularly interested in history; and in history of a certain era. But what is interesting for me is how many, how many things you see repeated.
    -- Jacqueline Winspear

#Interesting #Eras #Certain

• Rising carbon price is essential to 'decarbonize' the economy - to remove the nation towards the era beyond fossil fuels.
    -- James Hansen

#Eras #Fossils #Essentials

• I grew up in an era where an orchestra was like a treasure chest
    -- James Levine

#Treasure #Orchestra #Eras

• Biomimicry is innovation inspired by nature. In a society accustomed to dominating or 'improving' nature, this respectful imitation is a radically new approach, a revolution really. Unlike the Industrial Revolution, the Biomimicry Revolution introduces an era based not on what we can extract from nature, but on what we can learn from her.
    -- Janine Benyus

#Innovation #Eras #Revolution

• Enron and 9/11 marked the end of an era of individual freedom and the beginning of personal responsibility.
    -- Jeffrey R. Immelt

#Responsibility #Eras #Individual

• Obama is already setting a new historic course by reorienting the economy from private consumption to public investments...free-market pundits bemoan the evident intention of Obama and team to 'tell us what kind of car to drive'. Yet that is exactly what they intend to do...and rightly so. Free-market ideology is an anachronism in an era of climate change.
    -- Jeffrey Sachs

#Team #Car #Eras

• The Eee Pad Transformer Prime is a category-defining product. Powered by Tegra 3, it launches us into a new era of mobile computing, in which quad-core performance and super energy-efficiency provide capabilities never available before. With Transformer Prime, ASUS has once again led the industry into the next generation.
    -- Jen-Hsun Huang

#Energy #Generations #Eras

• Of all the great heavyweights of modern times, Joe Frazier was the unluckiest. He had to share an era with both Ali and Foreman.
    -- Jim Bailey

#Heavyweights #Eras #Modern

• There is this false perception that comedians can never be serious. It's like from like the era of court jesters.
    -- Jim Gaffigan

#Perception #Comedian #Eras

• It's not my place to say how good I was because the thing is, every champion from every era is a great fighter and it's up to one person's interpretation to who is actually the best.
    -- Joe Calzaghe

#Motivation #Champion #Eras

• It was just at the end of the golden era of BBC comedy, which was fantastic.
    -- John Leeson

#Golden #Eras #Comedy