Sharks quotes

• Hand me down the shark repellent Bat-Spray!
    -- Adam West

#Sharks #Hands #Bats

• I've sat looking down into a volcano that could blow at any moment; I've helped catch a shark and several rattlesnakes; I let a tarantula walk across my hand, and I ate rat soup.
    -- Alan Alda

#Blow #Volcanoes #Sharks

• One shark turned to the other to say he was fed up chasing tuna and the other said, 'Why don't we go to Morecambe Bay and get some Chinese?'
    -- Ann Winterton

#Sharks #Chinese #Tuna

• I do my very best to avoid shark fin.
    -- Anthony Bourdain

#Sharks #Fins

• Watching Jaws just scared the living daylights out of me when I was young. I know a lot of people my age who are still petrified of sharks because of that film.
    -- Ashley Scott

#Sharks #People #Age

• He described to me how crocodiles kill more people than sharks. There are just a lot of things in Australia that can kill you.
    -- Barack Obama

#Memorable #Sharks #Australia

• Sharks are declining globally ...
    -- Barbara Block

#Sharks

• Sharks are being driven to extinction because people want to eat their fins and their flesh.
    -- Barbara Block

#Sharks #People #Flesh

• Shark Tales: How I turned $1,000 into a Billion Dollar Business
    -- Barbara Corcoran

#Sharks #Dollars #Tales

• Getting back on the surfboard after the [shark] attack was the hardest thing and I did it! After that, the hardest thing was my first competition.
    -- Bethany Hamilton

#Sharks #Competition #Firsts

• Being able to turn to Jesus after the shark attack kept me alive.
    -- Bethany Hamilton

#Inspirational #Jesus #Sharks

• In the end, my love for surfing helped me overcome my fear of sharks.
    -- Bethany Hamilton

#Inspirational #Sharks #Surfing

• Instead of squirreling away your earnings early in your career, spend on experiences that will enrich your life - like diving with great white sharks. It can expose you to influential people who could open doors for you.
    -- Blake Mycoskie

#Doors #Sharks #Careers

• By nature, I keep moving, man. My theory is, be the shark. You've just got to keep moving. You can't stop.
    -- Brad Pitt

#Moving #Men #Sharks

• There's still a lot of people out there who think the only good shark is a dead shark.
    -- Brian Skerry

#Ocean #Thinking #Sharks

• More people are killed every year by pigs than by sharks, which shows you how good we are at evaluating risk.
    -- Bruce Schneier

#Pigs #Sharks #Years

• I love contemporary art, although I wouldn't want a pickled shark in my house.
    -- Bruno Tonioli

#Art #Sharks #House

• Maybe we’ll live to see sharks recover. Right now, that seems as improbable as seeing all these falcons. Hope is the ability to see how things could be better. The world of human affairs has long been a shadowy place, but always backlit by the light of hope. Each person can add hope to the world. A resigned person subtracts hope. The more people strive, the more change becomes likely.
    -- Carl Safina

#Light #Sharks #Long

• The ground is my ocean, I’m the shark, and most people don’t even know how to swim.
    -- Carlos Machado

#Ocean #Sharks #People

• After the clinch, it doesn't matter what happens, one way or another, we're going to hit the ground, and we'll be in my world. The ground is my ocean, I'm the shark, and most people don't even know how to swim.
    -- Carlos Machado

#Ocean #Sharks #People

• There are no rules about investment. Sharks can be good. Artist's dung can be good. Oil on canvas can be good.
    -- Charles Saatchi

#Artist #Sharks #Oil

• I won't swim in a pool by myself, because I think that somehow a little magic door is going to open up and let a shark out
    -- Christina Ricci

#Thinking #Doors #Sharks

• I would stay at my grandma's house on my birthday every year and I remember she had a bookshelf of murder mystery books along with really frightening books, like one on Jack the Ripper. She also had a poster of a shark in the closet which also terrified me at the time.
    -- Christopher Bollen

#Book #Grandma #Sharks

• I wanted a shark that's big enough to eat you, and in a large enough amount of liquid so that you could imagine you were in there with it.
    -- Damien Hirst

#Sharks #Liquid #Imagine

• But as they say about sharks, it's not the ones you see that you have to worry about, it's the ones you don't see.
    -- David Blaine

#Sharks #Worry

• I dont like the idea of being eaten by a shark. I like to swim in the ocean, and I think much more about sharks than anyone should. I really resent the fact that my oceangoing experiences are ruined by Jaws.
    -- David Duchovny

#Ocean #Thinking #Sharks

• It looks like I'm this huge shark going in for the kill... I don't know what I was thinking.
    -- David Gest

#Thinking #Sharks #Looks

• It's really not as bad as it sounds. I was attacked by a shark once, back when I was alive. Well, not so much a shark as a rather large fish. And not so much attacked as looked at menacingly. But it had murder in its eyes, that fish. I knew, in that instant, if our roles had been reversed and the fish had been holding the fishing pole and I had been the one to be caught, it wouldn't hesitate a moment before eating me. So I cooked it and ate before it had a chance to turn the tables.
    -- Derek Landy

#Eye #Sharks #Fishing

• Shark Tale feels borrowed, sampled and dittoed from the collective funniness of the past 10 years in studio-made animation,
    -- Desson Thomson

#Past #Sharks #Years

• The studios will go wherever they smell money. It's like sharks to the blood.
    -- Don Bluth

#Sharks #Blood #Smell

• I'm just a simple guy swimming in a sea of sharks.
    -- Don Johnson

#Swimming #Simple #Sharks

• I have a hard problem, being some part Native American - being a Christian: do you get burned, do you get cremated, do you get - let the sharks eat you? How do you die?
    -- Duane Chapman

#Christian #Native American #Sharks

• My dad was kind of a pool shark and had a Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin thing going on. I've always been fascinated by the fifties because of him. There was a hip, cool, anything-goes atmosphere back then, but looking good was still a priority.
    -- Dylan McDermott

#Dad #Sharks #Priorities

• My phobias worsen as I get older. I'm scared of flying, driving. I'm terrified of sharks. I'm a germaphobe. But I try to face my fears; I do. Well, most of them.
    -- Eli Roth

#Sharks #Flying #Trying

• It is estimated that one-third of all reef-building corals, a third of all fresh-water mollusks, a third of sharks and rays, a quarter of all mammals, a fifth of all reptiles, and a sixth of all birds are headed toward oblivion. The losses are occurring all over: in the South Pacific and in the North Atlantic, in the Arctic and the Sahel, in lakes and on islands, on mountaintops and in valleys,
    -- Elizabeth Kolbert

#Loss #Sharks #Lakes

• Is there no Villain in this World who doth not regard himself as a poor abus'd Innocent, no She-Wolf who doth not think herself a Lamb, no Shark who doth not fancy that she is a Goldfish?
    -- Erica Jong

#Thinking #Sharks #World

• Better a dish of husks to the accompaniment of a muted lute than to be satiated with stewed shark's fin and rich spiced wine of which the cost is frequently mentioned by the provider.
    -- Ernest Bramah

#Wine #Sharks #Cost

• When I was starting out, young actresses had the studio system to protect them. Now you have a host of sharks, from your agent to your publicist to your lawyer.
    -- Francesca Annis

#Sharks #Agents #Actresses

• You Know the Most Dangerous Thing In the Water? A Shark Fart.
    -- Gary Busey

#Sharks #Water #Fart

• Man Swims in Shark Infested Waters, Forgets He's Shark Food.
    -- Gary Larson

#Men #Sharks #Water

• You always hear a headline like this, 'Man Killed By Shark', you never hear it from the other perspective, 'Man Swims in Shark Infested Waters, Forgets He's Shark Food'.
    -- Gary Larson

#Men #Sharks #Water

• Nobody had ever instructed him that a slave-ship, with a procession of expectant sharks in its wake, is a missionary institution, by which closely-packed heathen are brought over to enjoy the light of the Gospel.
    -- Harriet Beecher Stowe

#Light #Sharks #Missionary

• I'm not saying that everyone should swim with sharks, but sometimes you have to jump over your own shadow in order to learn something that you will never forget for the rest of your life. Then you know you can conquer your fears.
    -- Heidi Klum

#Swimming #Sharks #Order

• I was once stranded on a broken-down boat in shark-infested waters in the middle of the Indian Ocean for five days before we were rescued while doing a 'Vogue' shoot.
    -- Helena Christensen

#Ocean #Sharks #Broken

• --

• --

• Nothing is more important than saving ... the Lions, Tigers, Giraffes, Elephants, Froggies, Turtles, Apes, Raccoons, Beetles, Ants, Sharks, Bears, and, of course, the Squirrels. The humans? The planet does not need humans.
    -- James Lee

#Squirrels #Turtles #Sharks

• I am terrified of sharks, so I don't surf!
    -- Janel Parrish

#Sharks #Surf

• How fishy on the fishiness scale? Ten is a stickleback and one is a whale shark." "A whale isn't a fish, Thursday." "A whale shark is--sort of." "All right, it's as fishy as a crayfish." "A crayfish isn't a fish." "A starfish, then." "Still not a fish." "This is a very odd conversation, Thursday.
    -- Jasper Fforde

#Sharks #Whales #Thursday

• All right, you got that out of your system. Can I get back in the boat without you striking me again? Or should I stay out here enjoying the marine life?" "Why don't you swim around until you find a shark? Then you can discuss how much the two of you have in common
    -- Jeaniene Frost

#Marine #Two #Sharks

• Let's be perfectly clear, shall we. The fox is not a little orange puppy dog with doe eyes and a waggly tail. It's a disease-ridden wolf with the morals of a psychopath and the teeth of a great white shark.
    -- Jeremy Clarkson

#Dog #Eye #Sharks

• Yet the reality is that I'm a stage actor from the Midwest - probably the opposite of a shark agent.
    -- Jeremy Piven

#Reality #Sharks #Opposites

• Sometimes making a story is as easy as putting two characters in a room and seeing what happens. So, imagine a great white shark and a giant squid in the same bathroom.
    -- Jim Toomey

#Character #Sharks #Two

• The country's newest aquarium, opened in November, bills itself as the largest in the world, holding more than 100,000 animals representing 500 species. It is the first in the USA to display whale sharks, the largest fish in the world.
    -- John Grant

#Country #Animal #Sharks

• It's a moment. A defining moment when you know that your favorite television program has reached its peak. That instant that you know from now on...it's all downhill. Some call it the climax. We call it 'Jumping the Shark.' From that moment on, the program will simply never be the same.
    -- Jon Hein

#Jumping #Sharks #Television

• What's the inside of a shark smell like? I always thought it would smell like chicken.
    -- Judd Hirsch

#Sharks #Smell #Chickens

• Hey Rid?" She stopped and turned to look at him, almost ruefully. Like she couldn't help what she was any more then a shark could help being a shark, but if she could... "Yeah, Shrinky Dink?" "You're not all bad." She looked right at him and almost smiled. "You know what they say. Maybe I'm just drawn that way.
    -- Kami Garcia

#Sharks #Looks #Hey

• Annoyance and pathos warred in my breast, and after a short struggle, annoyance punched pathos in the snout like the voracious shark it was.
    -- Kate Elliott

#Struggle #Sharks #Pathos

• I have a ridiculous fear of sharks but I'd jump in the water in a second for an amazing role.
    -- Kate Mara

#Sharks #Water #Roles

• Tobias asked. "Weird? Weird?" Marco crowed. "The talking bird wants to know if getting information on the location of an alien from a whale, that you've just saved from sharks, by turning into dolphins . . . You're suggesting that's weird?
    -- Katherine Applegate

#Sharks #Talking #Whales

• I'm like a shark. I've got to be constantly moving.
    -- Kenny Chesney

#Moving #Sharks

• Piscary killed people, but he didn’t have the concept of pity or remorse. It would be like telling a shark he was a bad fish and to stop eating people. But Trent? He knew he was doing wrong, and he did it anyway.
    -- Kim Harrison

#Sharks #People #Would Be

• Oh, the shark has pretty teeth, dear, And he shows them pearly white. Just a jackknife has Macheath, dear, And he keeps them out of sight.
    -- Kurt Weill

#Song #Sight #Sharks

• There are 350 varieties of shark, not counting loan and pool.
    -- L. M. Boyd

#Animal #Sharks #Pool

• Of all the creatures in the world that really frighten me - the hyena in Africa, the great white shark - leopard seals are near the top of the list. They're killers. If my team spots one, they'll pull me out of the water.
    -- Lewis Gordon

#Team #Sharks #White

• I swear on St. Francis, the patron saint of all animals.” Seeing Poppy’s hesitation, Beatrix added enthusiastically, “If a band of pirates kidnapped me and took me to their ship and threatened to make me walk the plank over a shiver of starving sharks unless I told them your secret, I still wouldn’t tell it. If I were tied by a villain and thrown before a herd of stampeding horses all shod in iron, and the only way to keep from being trampled was to tell the villain your secret, I—
    -- Lisa Kleypas

#Horse #Animal #Sharks

• But it's also true that my memory is a card shark, reshuffling the deck to hide what I fear to know, unable to keep from fingering the ace at the bottom of the deck even when I'm doing nothing more than playing Fish in the daylight with children.
    -- Lorene Cary

#Children #Memories #Sharks

• . . I tell you Dain is a splendid catch. I advise you to set your hooks and reel him in.” Jessica took a long swallow of her cognac. “This is not a trout, Genevieve. This is a great, hungry shark.” “Then use a harpoon.
    -- Loretta Chase

#Sharks #Long #Use

• Life is little more than a loan shark: It exacts a very high rate of interest for the few pleasures it concedes
    -- Luigi Pirandello

#Sharks #Life Sucks #Littles

• Turns out, I couldn't catch them - or even get close to them. I realized that sharks are amazing, beautiful animals who have absolutely no interest in checking me out.
    -- Malin Akerman

#Beautiful #Animal #Sharks

• I wish you good writing and good luck. Even if you've already done the good writing, you'll still need the good luck. It's a shark-filled lagoon out there. Cross your fingers and watch your back.
    -- Margaret Atwood

#Writing #Good Luck #Sharks

• There's a cardinal rule that you don't talk about sharks. If you don't see it, it's not there.
    -- Mark Warkentin

#Sharks #Cardinals #Cardinal Rules

• We want the accursed foreclosure system wiped out.... We will stand by our homes and stay by our firesides by force if necessary, and we will not pay our debts to the loan-shark companies until the government pays its debts to us.
    -- Mary Elizabeth Lease

#Home #Sharks #Government

• I just believe that sometimes in life you're like a shark - you have to keep moving through water; otherwise, you'll die.
    -- Michelle Ryan

#Moving #Believe #Sharks

• Does anyone know a word that rhymes with shark?
    -- Mike Birbiglia

#Sharks #Doe #Rhyme

• I don't think you can be a diver without a shark on the list.
    -- Natalie Dormer

#Thinking #Sharks #Lists

• I know this is your hand now,' she tells him. "Roland would have never touched me like that." Connor smiles, and Risa takes a moment to look down at the shark on his wrist. It holds no fear for her now, because the shark has been tamed by the soul of a boy. No- the soul of a man.
    -- Neal Shusterman

#Men #Boys #Sharks

• I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther. I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion.
    -- Nicolas Cage

#Sharks #Panthers #Lizards

• I always read. You know how sharks have to keep swimming or they die? I’m like that. If I stop reading, I die.
    -- Patrick Rothfuss

#Reading #Swimming #Sharks

• The shark is the apex predator in the sea. Sharks have molded evolution for 450 million years. All fish species that are prey to the sharks have had their behavior, their speed, their camouflage, their defense mechanisms molded by the shark.
    -- Paul Watson

#Sharks #Years #Sea

• Pigs eat more tuna than all the planet's sharks combined.
    -- Paul Watson

#Animal #Pigs #Sharks

• No, the shark in an updated JAWS could not be the villain; it would have to be written as the victim, for, worldwide, sharks are much more the oppressed than the oppressors.
    -- Peter Benchley

#Sharks #Villain #Victim

• Without sharks, you take away the apex predator of the ocean, and you destroy the entire food chain
    -- Peter Benchley

#Ocean #Sharks #Predator

• Twenty-five years ago nobody knew much about white sharks.
    -- Peter Benchley

#Years #White #Sharks

• I believe implicitly that every young man in the world is fascinated with either sharks or dinosaurs.
    -- Peter Benchley

#Believe #Men #Sharks

• Look, Chief, you can't go off half-cocked looking for vengeance against a fish. That shark isn't evil. It's not a murderer. It's just obeying its own instincts. Trying to get retribution against a fish is crazy.
    -- Peter Benchley

#Crazy #Sharks #Evil

• I do not believe that one can become rich without being a shark; a sensitive man will never amass wealth.
    -- Petrus Borel

#Believe #Men #Sharks

• Losing is like smoking. It's habit forming”; “Fear is the basis of all mankind. In cards, you psyche 'em out, you shark 'em, you put the fear of God in 'em
    -- Puggy Pearson

#Sharks #Smoking #Ems

• If incredible creatures like sharks can exist, why not Bigfoot? When I look at sharks, they're the most terrifying, monstrous, dinosaur-like things. To this day, I'm so fascinated by them and can't get my head around how they are on Planet Earth at all.
    -- Rachael Taylor

#Sharks #Earth #Dinosaurs

• There's a good case to be made that having fun is a key evolutionary advantage right next to opposable thumbs in terms of importance. Without that little chemical twist in our brains that makes us enjoy learning new things, we might be more like the sharks and ants of the world.
    -- Raph Koster

#Fun #Keys #Sharks

• A boxer is like a lion, the greatest predator on land, but you throw him in the shark tank and he's just another meal.
    -- Renzo Gracie

#Sharks #Land #Lions

• I try my best to avoid the sharks of life, but I have had my share of experiences with them, and in those cases I just have to handle them accordingly. But I do not swim with sharks ... sharks swim with sharks.
    -- Rihanna

#Sharks #Swim #Trying

• I don't look back. I'm like a shark - I only look forward.
    -- Rita Rudner

#Regret #Sharks #Looks

• What I compare bike lanes to is swimming with the sharks. Sooner or later you're going to get bitten... Roads are built for buses, cars, and trucks, not for people on bikes. My heart bleeds for them when I hear someone gets killed, but it's their own fault at the end of the day.
    -- Rob Ford

#Heart #Swimming #Sharks

• Sharks are like dogs. They only bite when you touch their private parts.
    -- Rob Schneider

#Dog #Sharks #Private Parts

• Were the diver to think on the jaws of the shark, he would never lay hands on the precious pearl.
    -- Saadi

#Fear #Thinking #Sharks

• pools of blood are not recreational even lifeguards drown when the undertow breaks bread with the underbelly demons disguised as sharks have not put enough thought into their costumes a wiseman stays ashore when pointed fins read like italian subtitles the end is near (...) the beginning
    -- Saul Williams

#Italian #Sharks #Blood

• Throwing blondes at Locke Lamora was not unlike throwing lettuce at sharks.
    -- Scott Lynch

#Sharks #Throwing #Lettuce

• Interesting fact: a shark will only attack you if you’re wet.
    -- Sean Lock

#Sharks #Interesting #Facts

• I don't enjoy the boo scare when you're watching a movie and then suddenly there's a big shark on the screen. The only thing they're doing is catching you off guard.
    -- Sergio Aragones

#Sharks #Scare #Catching