Heartache quotes

• What would become of the world if the condemned started to confide their heartaches to the executioners?
    -- Albert Camus

#Friends #Sympathy #Heartache

• All art, like all love, is rooted in heartache.
    -- Alfred Stieglitz

#Art #Love Is #Heartache

• In childhood we all have ... a far higher sensibility for April and April evenings - a heartache for them, which in riper years is gradually and irretrievably consoled.
    -- Alice Meynell

#Years #Heartache #Childhood

• There isn't heartache if there hasn't been joy. I wouldn't feel loss if there hadn't been love.
    -- Amy Harmon

#Loss #Heartache #Joy

• The greatest virtue of man is perhaps curiosity.
    -- Anatole France

#Men #Heartache #Curiosity

• Stop torturing yourself, her friends said. Stop living in the past. He was gone. Capital G--Gone. He wasn't coming back. She should focus not on the pain, but on the possibility. Something good would come from all this heartache, something always did. Everything, her friends told her, happened for a reason. She should start looking for the silver lining. She thought she might start looking for new friends.
    -- Aryn Kyle

#Pain #Past #Heartache

• Whatever a man might do, whatever misery or heartache your children might give you - and they give you a lot - however much your parents irritate you - it doesn't matter because you love them.
    -- Audrey Hepburn

#Children #Men #Heartache

• It's come at last", she thought, "the time when you can no longer stand between your children and heartache.
    -- Betty Smith

#Children #Heartache #Lasts

• I came to see that what constitutes strength is not just a muscle or will. It can also include the most desperate vulnerability, the saddest heartache, the lightest, sweetest laughter.
    -- Brenda Shaughnessy

#Laughter #Heartache #Desperate

• The least of things with a meaning is worth more in life than the greatest of things without it.
    -- Carl Jung

#Life #Thoughtful #Heartache

• If we never have headaches through rebuking our children, we shall have plenty of heartaches when they grow up.
    -- Charles Spurgeon

#Growing Up #Children #Heartache

• Every test, every trial, every heartache that's been significant, I can turn it over and see how God has turned it into good no matter what.
    -- Charles Stanley

#Heartache #Trials #Tests

• Even if times are tough and you're enduring a terrible heartache, it's important to focus your anger on a vibrator, not another person.
    -- Chelsea Handler

#Heartache #Focus #Important

• Whatever happens tomorrow, we had today; and I'll always remember it
    -- David Nicholls

#Heartache #Today #Tomorrow

• The last girl I went out with blew me off. Now I call her with lame excuses to see her, "Hey, did I leave a penny over there?"
    -- David Spade

#Girl #Heartache #Hey

• Every human being on this planet has their pain and their heartache and it's up to all of us to find our way back to the light.
    -- Diana Nyad

#Pain #Light #Heartache

• You're going to be buying your ticket with your heartache, you're gonna be payin' the man with your dues. You're gonna be living alone when you hear that whistle moan, you're gonna be learnin' to live with the blues.
    -- Don McLean

#Sadness #Men #Heartache

• The thing about breaking up when you get older, you just don't have the steam anymore. "Oh, that's it. I can't start shaving my legs above the knee again."
    -- Elayne Boosler

#Heartache #Legs #Knees

• Natural joy brings no headaches and no heartaches.
    -- Elbert Hubbard

#Happiness #Heartache #Joy

• Where there is love, there is bound to be heartache.
    -- Elif Safak

#Heartache

• You'd be surprised to know how many heartaches, how many bitter disappointments, how many disasters that seem final when they come, we learn to survive and in time even to forget.
    -- Emilie Loring

#Disappointment #Heartache #Sorrow

• I once had a man break up with me. He said I was using him because right after making love I would weigh myself.
    -- Emily Levine

#Men #Heartache #Making Love

• It is not on the pinnacle of success and ease where men and women grow most. It is often down in the valley of heartache and disappointment and reverses where men and women grow...
    -- Ezra Taft Benson

#Disappointment #Adversity #Heartache

• I'm making out with a dead girl in my dreams. I'm screwing women I have no business screwing. I'm pushing away the one person who actually gives a damn about me. It's like the Bermuda Triangle of heartache and I'm sinking fast.
    -- Faith Sullivan

#Girl #Dream #Heartache

• I wonder who's kissing her now, Wonder who's teaching her how.
    -- Frank R. Adams

#Teaching #Kissing #Heartache

• No, I don’t live in heartache. I don’t cry myself to sleep or any of that. I am, I tell myself, over it. But I do feel a void, icky as that sounds. And—like it or not—I still think about her every single day.
    -- Harlan Coben

#Sleep #Thinking #Heartache

• I wished that I...had no savvy at all. No savvy to cause me heartache. No savvy to make me hope, and then leave me useless.
    -- Ingrid Law

#Heartache #Useless #Causes

• Family is supposed to be our safe haven. Very often, it's the place where we find the deepest heartache.
    -- Iyanla Vanzant

#Safe Haven #Family Love #Heartache

• I read as much poetry as time allows and circumstance dictates: No heartache can pass without a little Dorothy Parker, no thunderstorm without W. H. Auden, no sleepless night without W. B. Yeats.
    -- J. Courtney Sullivan

#Night #Heartache #Littles

• Someday, when in the presence of our Savior, we will thank Him for every burden, every trial, and every heartache.
    -- J. Vernon McGee

#Christian #Heartache #Trials

• To espresso or to latte, that is the question...whether 'tis tastier on the palate to choose white mocha over plain...or to take a cup to go. Or a mug to stay, or extra cream, or have nothing, and by opposing the endless choice, end one's heartache...
    -- Jasper Fforde

#Espresso #White #Heartache

• Happiness was useless to me. It was heartache that filled my purse. What happy man has need of Shakespeare?
    -- Jennifer Donnelly

#Men #Heartache #Needs

• I'm holding a teardrop for a friend Until his heartache and misery end.
    -- Jesse Tyler Ferguson

#Broken Heart #Heartache #Misery

• Raw love, like raw heartache, could blindside you.
    -- Jodi Picoult

#Heartache

• I have heartaches, I have blues. No matter what you got, the blues is there. 'Cause that's all I know - the blues. And I can sing the blues so deep until you can have this room full of money and I can give you the blues.
    -- John Lee Hooker

#Heartache #Giving #Matter

• If heartaches was commercials, we'd all be on TV.
    -- John Prine

#Heartache #Tvs

• Any pleasure that would keep you from Christ is a sinful pleasure that will doubtless cause you anguish, heartache, tears and remorse.
    -- John R. Rice

#Heartache #Tears #Causes

• I loved her for the way she embraced the unknown, how she opened herself up to every experience. When I was with her, she opened me up, too, stirred my passion and heightened my every sensation. Which was great, until she left me and all my heightened senses to deal with the heartache of losing her.
    -- Jonathan Tropper

#Passion #Heartache #Way

• Most of the verses written about praise in God’s Word were voiced by people who were faced with crushing heartaches, injustice, treachery, slander, and scores of other difficult situations.
    -- Joni Eareckson Tada

#Crush #People #Heartache

• A movie can and should have some real dissonance throughout - rage, heartache, tears, conflict, catharsis and all the other elements Aristotle demanded of a good story - but the chord has to be resolved.
    -- Josh Radnor

#Real #Heartache #Tears

• It is true that I have had heartache and tragedy in my life. These are things none of us avoids. Suffering is the price of being alive.
    -- Judy Collins

#Heartache #Suffering #Tragedy

• Heartache, Daphne eventually learned, never really went away; it just dulled. The sharp, stabbing pain that one felt with each breath eventually gave way to a blunter, lower ache—the kind that one could almost—but never quite—ignore.
    -- Julia Quinn

#Pain #Heartache #Way

• Heartache is very fertile ground for song-making but so is happiness, so is absolute bliss.
    -- K. D. Lang

#Song #Heartache #Bliss

• Home is where the heartache is.
    -- Kathy Lette

#Home #Heart #Heartache

• To fall in love with someone who does not love you back, is the cruelest, most unforgiving heartache I have ever experienced.
    -- KB

#Falling In Love #Love You #Heartache

• You missed a lot of heartache, sure. But David, you missed a lot of joy.
    -- Kim Edwards

#Father #Heartache #Joy

• This, she thought, isn’t just for today. It’s for everything. For the heartache that still felt like a punch in the gut each time it struck, fresh as new, at unpredictable moments; for the smiling lies and the mental images she couldn’t shake; for the shame of having been so naive. For the way loneliness is worse when you return to it after a reprieve—like the soul’s version of putting on a wet bathing suit, clammy and miserable.
    -- Laini Taylor

#Loneliness #Lying #Heartache

• Because it's still a heartache. And nothing makes you want to die more than that.
    -- Lee Nichols

#Heartache #Want #Wanting To Die

• That's the funny thing about old hurts- they just wait for new heartache to come along and then show up, just as sharp and horrible as the first day you woke up with the world changed all around you.
    -- Lilith Saintcrow

#Hurt #Funny Things #Heartache

• She had discovered that the best remedy for heartache was trying to make herself useful to others.
    -- Lisa Kleypas

#Heartache #Trying #Remedy

• A thankful heart is the greatest virtue.
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

#Heart #Heartache #Virtue

• Did you love well what you very soon left? Come home and take me in your arms and take away this stomach ache, headache, heartache.
    -- Marilyn Hacker

#Home #Heartache #Arms

• Your pain has a purpose. Your problems, struggles, heartaches, and hassles cooperate toward one end-the glory of God.
    -- Max Lucado

#Pain #Struggle #Heartache

• Look, I come from vaudeville, I come from burlesque, I come from heartaches, I come from sadness, I come from gladness, I come from work and sweat and respect for the craft.
    -- Mickey Rooney

#Sadness #Sweat #Heartache

• Charity cures heartaches.
    -- Nachman of Breslov

#Heartache #Charity

• I will stumble, I will fall down, but I will not be moved; I will make mistakes, I will face heartache, but I will not be moved.
    -- Natalie Grant

#Mistake #Fall #Heartache

• What is love but a prelude to sorrow...with heartache ahead for your goal.
    -- Nina Simone

#Love #Goal #Heartache

• Life is love, heartache and strain, Yet the strength to overcome it all keeps me sane.
    -- O.C.

#Rap #Heartache #Hip Hop

• Now that I have all the things I once thought would make me happy, they have little meaning for me. Experience, and not just a little heartache, has taught me money buys convenience and conveniences.
    -- Oprah Winfrey

#Heartache #Littles #Taught

• There's a lot of heartache because you don't always win. You need loads of determination.
    -- Pat Cash

#Determination #Winning #Heartache

• Is it bad when you refer to all alcohol as "Pain Go Bye-Bye Juice"?
    -- Patton Oswalt

#Pain #Bye #Heartache

• Usually we regard loneliness as an enemy. Heartache is not something we choose to invite in. It's restless and pregnant and hot with the desire to escape and find something or someone to keep us company. When we can rest in the middle, we begin to have a nonthreatening relationship with loneliness, a relaxing and cooling loneliness that completely turns our usual fearful patterns upside down.
    -- Pema Chodron

#Loneliness #Heartache #Justice

• Good access to a doctor and a drugstore when you first have a problem can avoid a lot of cost and heartache later.
    -- Phil Bredesen

#Doctors #Heartache #Cost

• I know that in life there will be sickness, devastation, disappointments, heartache - it's a given. What's not a given is the way you choose to get through it all. If you look hard enough, you can always find the bright side.
    -- Rashida Jones

#Disappointment #Heartache #Devastation

• No matter what your heartache may be, laughing helps you forget it for a few seconds.
    -- Red Skelton

#Happiness #Laughter #Heartache

• When you love someone very much, you'd have to go through every tear, every heartache, every pain. Cause in the end, it's not how much you suffered but how you loved.
    -- Rita Zahara

#Love #Pain #Heartache

• Superstorm Sandy inflicted havoc and heartache throughout the Northeast, hitting the Big Apple and its surrounding coastal towns hard.
    -- Russel Honore

#Apples #Heartache #Hitting

• Great love endures time, heartache, and distance. And even when all seems lost, true love lives on.
    -- Sarah Jio

#Distance #Love Life #Heartache

• All comics want to be musicians. There's a part of me that wants to be a serious musician. I love songs about heartache and heartbreak.
    -- Sarah Silverman

#Song #Heartache #Want

• With peaks of joy and valleys of heartache, life is a roller coaster ride that's both scary and exciting at the same time - the rise and fall of which defines our journey.
    -- SebastiAn

#Fall #Journey #Heartache

• Don't tell me that [broken heartstrings] hurt less than a broken bone, that an ingrown life is something surgeons can cut away, that there's no way for it to metastasize - it does.
    -- Shane Koyczan

#Hurt #Cutting #Heartache

• Good parenting give headaches but bad parenting gives heartaches.
    -- Shiv Khera

#Giving #Heartache #Bad Parenting

• During the first period of a man's life the greatest danger is not to take the risk.
    -- Soren Kierkegaard

#Inspirational #Men #Heartache

• Wanting more is just a recipe for heartache.
    -- Stephen King

#Heartache #Wanting More #Recipes

• To be more precise it was the color of heartache.
    -- Susanna Clarke

#Color #Heartache

• The face of sin today often wears the mask of tolerance. Do not be deceived; behind that facade is heartache, unhappiness and pain. .. YOU be the one to make a stand for right, even if you stand alone. Have the moral courage to be a light for others to follow.
    -- Thomas S. Monson

#Pain #Light #Heartache

• If each man or woman could understand that every other human life is as full of sorrows, or joys, or base temptations, of heartaches and of remorse as his own . . . how much kinder, how much gentler he would be.
    -- William Allen White

#Men #Heartache #Joy

• She had been critical of his new torch song, "A Side Order of Heartache, Please," suggesting it could be used as a good way to break in their new paper shredder.
    -- Woody Allen

#Song #Order #Heartache

• God calls me to write the truth of my life transparently so that others can learn from my hurt and heartache without taking the field trip themselves.
    -- Dannah Gresh

#Hurt #Writing #Heartache

• Watching my own past heartache and experience day after day - it was gut-wrenching, cathartic, beautiful, and painful. That and shooting the film in less than a month.
    -- Leslye Headland

#Beautiful #Past #Heartache

• God realizes His people need protection from the pains and heartaches of the world.
    -- Max Anders

#Pain #People #Heartache

• Experience has taught me that what you love, you should love all the harder because someday it will be gone.
    -- Ronan O'Brien

#Love You #Heartache #Gone

• Making music has been connected to one of my greatest heartaches, because my own music has never quite connected with audiences. But it was this heartache that pushed me to explore other artistic avenues, like writing and filmmaking, and I ultimately feel most at home in a multidisciplinary environment.
    -- Vivek Shraya

#Home #Writing #Heartache

• God has made us humans in God's own image. So therefore the highest way to talk about God is by some kind of analogy with ourselves. So, naturally, if we who are finite and sinful suffer in multiple ways because of sin and evil and the horrible things that happen in our world, how much more does God, who is infinite, sinless, and knows the totality of all that happens to everybody, suffer pain and heartache at the suffering of his human and non-human creation - and be angry at all that causes it?
    -- Christopher J. H. Wright

#Pain #Evil #Heartache

• I've always said you have to go through a lot of heartache in life to feel joy.
    -- Doug Collins

#Heartache #Joy #Said

• Life can very genuinely and realistically pile things on. It doesn't dole out the heartache and pain, or joy, perfectly.
    -- Tig Notaro

#Pain #Heart #Heartache