Psychics quotes

• Mass democracy, mass morality and the mass media thrive independently of the individual, who joins them only at the cost of at least a partial perversion of his instincts and insights. He pays for his social ease with what used to be called his soul - his discriminations, his uniqueness, his psychic energy, his self.
    -- Al Alvarez

#Self #Media #Psychics

• Hastiness and superficiality are the psychic diseases of the 20th century, and more than anywhere else this disease is reflected in the press.
    -- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

#Health #Psychics #Disease

• Above all, faith is grounded in one's body, in one's humanity, and in one's animal nature. It is an biological phenomenon and not a psychic creation
    -- Alexander Lowen

#Animal #Psychics #Feelings

• In fifty years time, the need for true psychics and conscious mediums (such as H.P.B., for instance [Helena Petrova Blavatsky]) will be very great if the Masters' plans are to be carried through to fruition, and the movement must be set on foot in preparation for the coming of Him for Whom all nations wait
    -- Alice Bailey

#Feet #Years #Psychics

• You are a cosmic flower. Om chanting is the process of opening the psychic petals of that flower.
    -- Amit Ray

#Flower #Psychics #Meditation

• Sometimes you just need to give in to the yuckiness of the day, throw your psychic hands up in the air and trust that tomorrow will be an improvement.
    -- Amy Shearn

#Psychics #Air #Hands

• Dreams are essential to life.
    -- Anais Nin

#Dream #Psychics #Empowerment

• Psychic automatism in its pure state, by which one proposes to express -- verbally, by means of the written word, or in any other manner -- the actual functioning of thought. Dictated by the thought, in the absence of any control exercised by reason, exempt from any aesthetic or moral concern.
    -- Andre Breton

#Mean #Psychics #Moral

• I spent my whole life helping my mother carry around her psychic trunks like a bitter bellhop. So a great load was lifted when she died, and my life was much easier.
    -- Anne Lamott

#Mother #Psychics #Helping

• I used to love to untangle chains when I was a child. I had thin, busy fingers, and I never gave up. Perhaps there was a psychiatric component to my concentration but like much of my psychic damage, this worked to everyone's advantage.
    -- Anne Lamott

#Children #Psychics #Damage

• I find greater companionship in inert figures, animals & speechless artifacts, for I can enjoy their presence & there is no psychic drain
    -- Anton Szandor LaVey

#Animal #Psychics #Companionship

• I am coming back to New York after five years, and it seems that psychics are taking over the city.
    -- Aravind Adiga

#New York #Years #Psychics

• I've always been quite psychic and believe there's a reason why things happen and that we need to learn from them.
    -- Archie Panjabi

#Believe #Psychics #Needs

• Obviously, not everybody who dies becomes a ghost, otherwise those who are psychic would be aware of shouldering through deep crowds of assorted shades every time they moved.
    -- Ariana Franklin

#Psychics #Would Be #Crowds

• We have no evidence as yet about mind or the power to think; it seems to be a widely different kind of soul, differing as what is eternal from what is perishable; it alone is capable of existence in isolation from all other psychic powers.
    -- Aristotle

#Thinking #Psychics #Soul

• It is never on account of its formal nature as a psychic act that faith is conceived in Scripture to be saving. It is not, strictly speaking, even faith in Christ that saves, but Christ that saves through faith. The saving power resides exclusively, not in the act of faith or the attitude of faith or nature of faith, but in the object of faith.
    -- B. B. Warfield

#Attitude #Psychics #Saving

• Passion begins where your bodies unite and ends where your souls dance. When your spirits can join together at the same time as your bodies become one, then all of you will be making love. There will be nothing left between you that is not love. This is sacred communion. This is ecstasy.
    -- Barbara De Angelis

#Passion #Psychics #Making Love

• Passion is not a quality that is foreign to you. It is not a characteristic that some people are born with and some must do without. To be passionate is as natural to you as breathing, as natural as being alive. It is the source of who you are.
    -- Barbara De Angelis

#Passion #Psychics #Breathing

• My mom was a psychic. And there's a movie called The Gift that I'd written years ago with Cate Blanchett which is loosely based on my mom.
    -- Billy Bob Thornton

#Mom #Years #Psychics

• Mental synthesis of psychic content in the unity of a moment-consciousness is a fundamental principle of psychology.
    -- Boris Sidis

#Psychics #Psychology #Unity

• Psychology must postulate uniformity of interrelation of physical, physiological, and psychic processes.
    -- Boris Sidis

#Psychics #Psychology #Process

• Psychology is the science of psychic states both as to content and form, regarded from an objective standpoint, and brought in relation to the living corporeal individual.
    -- Boris Sidis

#Psychics #Psychology #Individual

• The aim of art is to project an inner vision into the world, to state in aesthetic creation the deepest psychic and personal experiences of a human being. It is to enable those experiences to be intelligible and generally recognized within the total framework of an ideal world.
    -- Bruce Lee

#Art #Psychics #Vision

• You name the TV psychic - they're con men.
    -- Bruno Heller

#Men #Psychics #Names

• We live in a period of declining stars. Few celebrities these days (aside from the smoldering Angelina Jolie) seem to have complex psychic lives.
    -- Camille Paglia

#Stars #Psychics #These Days

• Masses are always breeding grounds of psychic epidemics.
    -- Carl Jung

#Hippie #Epidemics #Psychics

• Not only does the psyche exist, but it is existence itself. It is an almost absurd prejudice to suppose that existence can only be physical...We might well say, on the contrary, that physical existence is a mere inference, since we know of matter only in so far as we perceive psychic images mediated by the senses.
    -- Carl Jung

#Psychics #Doe #Prejudice

• The general function of dreams is to try to restore our psychological balance by producing dream material that re-establishes, in a subtle way, the total psychic equilibrium.
    -- Carl Jung

#Dream #Psychics #Trying

• The mandala is an archetypal image whose occurrence is attested throughout the ages. It signifies the wholeness of the self. This circular image represents the wholeness of the psychic ground or, to put it in mythic terms, the divinity incarnate in man.
    -- Carl Jung

#Men #Self #Psychics

• There are as many archetypes as there are typical situations in life. Endless repetition has engraved these experiences into our psychic constitution, not in the forms of images filled with content, but at first only as forms without content, representing merely the possibility of a certain type of perception and action.
    -- Carl Jung

#Psychics #Psychology #Perception

• The psychic depths are nature, and nature is creative life.
    -- Carl Jung

#Psychics #Creative #Psychology

• I can only gaze with wonder and awe at the depths of and heights of our psychic nature. Its non-spatial universe conceals an untold abundance of images which have accumulated over millions of years of living development and become fixed in the organism....Beside this picture I would like to place the spectacle of the starry heavens at night, for the only equivalent of the universe within is the universe without; and just as I reach this world through the medium of the body, so I reach that world through the medium of the psyche.
    -- Carl Jung

#Night #Years #Psychics

• Before you open the lunch menu or order that cheeseburger or consider eating the cake with the frosting intact, haul out the psychic calculator and start tinkering with the budget.
    -- Caroline Knapp

#Order #Psychics #Cake

• Do not discount the psychic warmth of the hive.
    -- Chang-Rae Lee

#Psychics #Discounts #Warmth

• I snuck a look to see how Eric was taking this, and he was staring at me the same way the Monroe vampires had. Thoughtful. Hungry. "That's interesting," he said. "I had a psychic once. It was incredible." "Did the psychic think so?
    -- Charlaine Harris

#Thoughtful #Thinking #Psychics

• Love is all right for those who can handle the psychic overload. It's like trying to carry a full garbage can on your back over a rushing river of piss.
    -- Charles Bukowski

#Love Is #Psychics #Rivers

• When you are not physically starving, you have the luxury to realize psychic and emotional starvation.
    -- Cherrie Moraga

#Emotional #Psychics #Luxury

• There is no death, only a change of worlds.
    -- Chief Seattle

#Change #Native American #Psychics

• It was about finding the sacred within myself, my center, my peaceful core. We each have a sacred space within us, a part of us. This sacred space is a temple, a temple to our inner power, our intuition, and our connection with the divine. Discovery of psychic powers, spells, and meditation are all things that lead us to the temple. They help us find the road within and walk our path to the inner temple.
    -- Christopher Penczak

#Space #Discovery #Psychics

• A psychic once read my palm and told me I was my mother's mother in a past life. Isn't that weird?
    -- Chynna Phillips

#Mother #Past #Psychics

• No one has the ability, that I'm aware of, to do anything supernatural, psychic, talk to the dead.
    -- Criss Angel

#Psychics #Ability

• I am a Spiritualist, a proud wearer of the Spiritualist badge. Mediums and psychic research have gone on for many, many years.
    -- Dan Aykroyd

#Years #Psychics #Gone

• I'm trying to interpret the film through the director's head, but it all comes out through me. So, a composer is kind of like a psychic medium.
    -- Danny Elfman

#Psychics #Trying #Directors

• Dude,” I said, leaning over the desk, “I’m about as psychic as a carrot.
    -- Darynda Jones

#Psychics #Carrots #Desks

• Lonely people tend, rather, to be lonely because they decline to bear the psychic costs of being around other humans. They are allergic to people. People affect them too strongly.
    -- David Foster Wallace

#Lonely #Loneliness #Psychics

• Writing isn't a source of pain. It's psychic chemotherapy. It reduces your psychological tumors and relieves your pain.
    -- Dean Koontz

#Pain #Writing #Psychics

• By choosing not to allow parts of ourselves to exist, we are forced to expend huge amounts of psychic energy to keep them beneath the surface.
    -- Debbie Ford

#Psychics #Energy #Beneath The Surface

• When you are doing things together, you are inside the collective mind, and share psychic knowledge with each other. That is how you become one.
    -- Dharma Mittra

#Yoga #Psychics #Mind

• I have never been converted to or even had much interest in spiritualism, occultism, Swedenborgianism or any particular religion. And I never, except occasionally for a laugh, visit the quacks who call themselves psychics.
    -- Dick Cavett

#Psychics #Laughing #Quacks

• Linda Georgian is a wonderful psychic. She can do amazing things.
    -- Dionne Warwick

#Psychics #Wonderful #Georgians

• I'm not psychic myself.
    -- Dionne Warwick

#Psychics

• Breathing affects your respiratory, cardiovascular, neurological, gastrointestinal, muscular, and psychic systems, and also has a general affect on your sleep, memory, ability to concentrate, and your energy levels.
    -- Donna Farhi

#Memories #Sleep #Psychics

• The pollution of the planet is only an outward reflection of an inner psychic pollution: millions of unconscious individuals not taking responsibility for their inner space.
    -- Eckhart Tolle

#Responsibility #Reflection #Psychics

• Fix yourself something to drink," she said. "I don't have any Mr. Pepper." "You mean Dr. Pepper?" "For the love of God!" She exploded. "People expect everything from a psychic! 'Doctor,' 'mister,' I was close enough. I didn't call it 'Mrs. Salt,' did I?
    -- Elizabeth Chandler

#Mean #Doctors #Psychics

• Man is not distinguished from [the animals] by a special kind of soul, or by any peculiar and exclusive psychic function, but only by a higher degree of psychic activity, a superior stage of development.
    -- Ernst Haeckel

#Animal #Men #Psychics

• I have always been psychic. The walls of any room I walk into talk to me.
    -- Ethel Waters

#Wall #Psychics #Rooms

• It is as if the formation of patterns within the unconscious mind is accompanied by physical patterns in the outer world. In particular, as psychic patterns are on the point of reaching consciousness, the synchronicities reach their peak; moreover, they generally disappear as the individual becomes consciously aware of a new alignment of forces within his or her own personality...It is as if the internal restructuring produces external resonance, or as if a burst of 'mental energy' is propagated outward onto the world.
    -- F. David Peat

#Psychics #Personality #Unity

• There should be a science of discontent. People need hard times to develop psychic muscles. -- Muad'Dib
    -- Frank Herbert

#Hard Times #Psychics #People

• The teens are emotionally unstable and pathic. It is a natural impulse to experience hot and perfervid psychic states, and it is characterized by emotionalism. We see here the instability and fluctuations now so characteristic. The emotions develop by contrast and reaction into the opposite.
    -- G. Stanley Hall

#Emotional #Opposites #Psychics

• We are often like rivers: careless and forceful, timid and dangerous, lucid and muddied, eddying, gleaming, still. Lovers, farmers, and artists have one thing in common, at least - a fear of 'dry spells,' dormant periods in which we do no blooming, internal droughts only the waters of imagination and psychic release can civilize.
    -- Gretel Ehrlich

#Artist #Psychics #Rivers

• Physical separateness can never be overcome by electronics, but only by 'conviviality,' by 'living together' in the most literal physical sense. The physically divided are also the conquered and the controlled. 'True desires' - erotic, gustatory, olfactory, musical, aesthetic, psychic, & spiritual - are best attained in a context of freedom of self and other in physical proximity & mutual aid. Everything else is at best a sort of representation.
    -- Hakim Bey

#Spiritual #Self #Psychics

• Every criminal leaves psychic fingerprints. And he can't wear gloves to hide them.
    -- Helen McCloy

#Psychics #Criminals #Gloves

• There are manifold tones of mental life, or, in other words, our psychic life may be lived at different heights, now nearer to action, now further removed from it, according to the degree of our attention to life.
    -- Henri Bergson

#Psychics #Degrees #Different

• We each have a sixth sense that is attuned to the oneness dimension in life, providing a means for us to guide our lives in accord with our ideas.
    -- Henry Reed

#Mean #Oneness #Psychics

• There are clear differences between child and adult artistic activity. While the child may be aware that he is doing things differently from others, he does not fully appreciate the rules and conventions of symbolic realms; his adventurousness holds little significance. In contrast, the adult artist is fully cognizant of the norms embraced by others; his willingness, his compulsion, to reject convention is purchased, at the very least, with full knowledge of what he is doing and often at considerable psychic cost to himself.
    -- Howard Gardner

#Children #Artist #Psychics

• I admit I can't shake the idea that there is virtue in suffering, that there is a sort of psychic economy, whereby if you embrace success, happiness and comfort, these things have to be paid for.
    -- Hugh Laurie

#Ideas #Psychics #Suffering

• For the other end of the spectrum, the 50 to 85 percent of the world's population who are not the recipients of privilege, the world they know is almost certainly worse than any their earlier counterparts knew. It is likely they are worse off materially, despite the technological changes. In substantive as opposed to formal terms, they are more, not less, subject to arbitrary constraints, since the central mechanisms are more pervasive and more efficient. And they bear the brunt of the various kinds of psychic malaise, as well as of the destructiveness of civil wars.
    -- Immanuel Wallerstein

#War #Psychics #World

• Iggy Pop looks right at me as he sings the line: 'America takes drugs in psychic defence'; only he changes 'America' to 'Scatlin', and defines us mair accurately in a single sentence than all the others have ever done.
    -- Irvine Welsh

#America #Psychics #Drug

• As attunement to psychic (occult) reality has grown in America, one often misunderstood and secretive branch of it has begun to flourish also - magical religion...
    -- J. Gordon Melton

#Reality #Psychics #America

• Bog-lights, vapors of mysticism, psychic Gnosticisms, veils and tissues of words, gibbering subjectivisms, gropings and maunderings, ontological fantasies, pan-psychic hallucinations—this is the stuff, the phantasms of hope, that fills your book shelves. Come. Your glass is empty. Fill and forget.
    -- Jack London

#Book #Psychics #Glasses

• The knowledge that there is a part of the psychic functions that are out of conscious reach, we did not need to wait for Freud to know this!
    -- Jacques Lacan

#Psychics #Waiting #Needs

• Uri Geller may have psychic powers by means of which he can bend spoons; if so, he appears to be doing it the hard way.
    -- James Randi

#Mean #Psychics #Spoons

• [Psychics] use exactly the same gimmicks that we magicians do - the same physical methods, the same psychological methods - and they effectively and profoundly deceive millions of people around the earth, to their detriment.
    -- James Randi

#Motivation #Inspiration #Psychics

• A lot of people hate my skepticism, and I think I understand why. The psychics offer wonders and endless possibilities in a world that often seems difficult and mundane. They promise health, wealth, wisdom, eternal life. But if you examine the record, it's not the psychics but the hard-nosed scientists who have actually delivered the things that improve human life. And, to me, science describes a world far more interesting than any psychic fantasy. It's a good world -- not perfect -- but it's ours. So we'd better learn to live with it, the way it is.
    -- James Randi

#Hate #Thinking #Psychics

• I see all sorts of things when I'm clearing my pipes.
    -- Janet Morris

#Psychics #Pipe #Clearing

• The concept of psychic energy is easy for most people to imagine. After all, it's just one step beyond intuition - and almost everyone is comfortable with the idea of intuition.
    -- Jayne Ann Krentz

#Psychics #Ideas #People

• If you phone a psychic and she doesn't answer the phone before it rings, hang up.
    -- Jean-Claude Van Damme

#Phones #Psychics #Answers

• I had this crazy job, though, when I first got to Los Angeles... I answered this ad in the back of the newspaper to be a telephone psychic, and I did that for two days.
    -- Jenna Fischer

#Jobs #Crazy #Psychics

• To engage with art, we have to be willing to be wrong, venture outside our psychic comfort zones, suspend disbelief, and remember that art explores and alters consciousness simultaneously.
    -- Jerry Saltz

#Art #Psychics #Venture

• Just as Pollock used the drip to meld process and product, Richter 'found' and used the smudge and the blur to ravish the eye, creating works of psychic and physical power.
    -- Jerry Saltz

#Eye #Creating #Psychics

• I do like to live in other people's homes. I enjoy being a guest. I am an inexpensive guest. When one lives in another's home he can enter into the psychic kingdom of that person.
    -- Jerzy Kosinski

#Home #Psychics #People

• If she's really psychic," Zack said when he saw Tanisha's photo at school, "why does she need a doorbell?
    -- Joan Bauer

#School #Psychics #Doe

• The refusal to feel takes a heavy toll. Not only is there an impoverishment of our emotional and sensory life, flowers are dimmer and less fragrant, our loves less ecstaticâ but this psychic numbing also impedes our capacity to process and respond to information. The energy expended in pushing down despair is diverted from more creative uses, depleting the resilience and imagination needed for fresh visions and strategies.
    -- Joanna Macy

#Flower #Emotional #Psychics

• I abandoned the extraterrestria l hypothesis in 1967 when my own field investigations disclosed an astonishing overlap between psychic phenomena and UFOs ... The objects and apparitions do not necessarily originate on another planet and may not even exist as permanent constructions of matter. It is more likely that we see what we want to see and interpret such visions according to our contemporary beliefs.
    -- John A. Keel

#Psychics #Vision #May

• I'm not psychic. I cannot know what is in the mind of particular public figures.
    -- John Bercow

#Psychics #Mind #Figures

• The strongest of all psychic forces in the world is unsatisfied desire.
    -- John Cowper Powys

#Psychics #Desire #World

• Keep a journal, and learn how to see how you as an individuals sees information so you can learn your own sign language. Meditate and practice psychic self defense and surrounding yourself with prayer
    -- John Edward

#Prayer #Self #Psychics

• My process of preparing for any type of psychic work is to meditate and pray the rosary.
    -- John Edward

#Psychics #Rosary #Praying

• People are great. But there's people who you get together with and you talk and you go away feeling energized, you feel inspired. And then there's people who you talk with and you go away feeling horrible, feeling drained, feeling like you're incapable of doing anything. Those people are psychic vampires and I now stay away from them.
    -- John Zorn

#Psychics #People #Feelings

• Happiness and joy are not the same. For what does the fervent craving for joy mean? It does not mean that we wish at any cost to experience the psychic state of being joyful. We want to have reason for joy, for an unceasing joy that fills us utterly, sweeps all before it, exceeds all measure.
    -- Josef Pieper

#Mean #Psychics #Joy

• Psychic, though? That sounds like something out of science fiction. We live in a space ship, dear.
    -- Joss Whedon

#Firefly #Space #Psychics

• To look at ourselves from afar, to make the subjective suddenly objective: this gives us a psychic shock.
    -- Julian Barnes

#Psychics #Giving #Looks

• Everyone is born with psychic abilities. It's just a matter of knowing how to tap into it.
    -- Julien Offray de La Mettrie

#Psychics #Knowing #Matter

• The myth is a surviving fragment of the psychic life of the infancy of the race whilst the dream is the myth of the individual.
    -- Karl Abraham

#Dream #Race #Psychics

• I don't pretend that I can read minds. I don't believe anybody can read minds. In other words, I don't believe in psychics.
    -- Keith Barry

#Believe #Psychics #Mind

• I have a belief that if I wear my placenta in a necklace, there's a possibility of me gaining second sight - like being psychic. I would be wearing it whether or not I was in the public eye.
    -- Kesha

#Eye #Sight #Psychics

• I have a kind of psychic invisibility. As long as I can stay scared, I can keep people from seeing me. That's what we have to count on.
    -- Larry Niven

#Psychics #Long #People

• In real life I do violence, but for psychic stuff I do other things better.
    -- Laurell K. Hamilton

#Real #Psychics #Stuff

• I actually have a weird tendency to say things to people that they were just about to say. I always freak my best friend out with that. So I might have a bit of psychic power.
    -- Lauren Lee Smith

#Psychics #People #My Best Friend

• Knowing how to wield psychic power leads to real solutions. Your feminine nature is strong, not weak. Your psychic gifts are your tools and landmarks that will allow you to take charge and further your own goals.
    -- Laurie Cabot

#Strong #Real #Psychics