Strong Women quotes

• In all the horror films that I have done, all of those women were strong women. I don't feel I ever played the victim, although I was always in jeopardy.
    -- Adrienne Barbeau

#Strong Women #Done #Horror

• Responsibility to yourself means refusing to let others do your thinking, talking, and naming for you; it means learning to respect and use your own brains and instincts; hence, grappling with hard work.
    -- Adrienne Rich

#Strong Women #Hard Work #Mean

• Just be what it is that you are, and that is just fine. You don't have to be what you're not in any way. Live that and live that fully, and that is where you discover ecstasy. You can't really have ecstasy as something other than yourself
    -- Alice Walker

#Strong Women #Way #Fine

• The woman who can create her own job is the woman who will win fame and fortune.
    -- Amelia Earhart

#Strong Women #Jobs #Winning

• Every time a cool rock chick or actress seems to respect themselves as a strong woman, I'm like, 'Yeah!' And I love them, and they're my girls. And then they start to go downhill and people aren't paying attention anymore. So they start stripping their clothes off, because that's all they have left. I swear to everything I've ever known, I will never do that
    -- Amy Lee

#Girl #Strong Women #Rocks

• When there is a strong woman character in a story - that always grabs me
    -- Ang Lee

#Strong Women #Strong #Character

• I might bend, but I will NEVER break because it's in my nature as a strong woman.
    -- Angela Merkel

#Strong Women #Might #Break

• I am thankful for all the hard times I've been through and all the tears I've cried because that has put me as closer to God and made me the strong woman I am today!
    -- Angela Merkel

#Strong Women #Hard Times #Tears

• Without Police Woman I wouldn't have had a career. The show started about the same time the women's movement was taking off. Ours was the first prime-time one-hour show featuring a strong, professional woman. It paved the way for other series to follow.
    -- Angie Dickinson

#Strong Women #Careers #Police

• Whatever you do, be different - that was the advice my mother gave me, and I can't think of better advice for an entrepreneur. If you're different, you will stand out.
    -- Anita Roddick

#Mother #Strong Women #Thinking

• I like to think that I represent myself as a strong woman, so to work with other strong women I find very inspiring.
    -- Annabelle Wallis

#Strong Women #Strong #Thinking

• Strong women are absolutely unpredictable.
    -- Anne Rice

#Strong Women #Strong #Unpredictable

• I get very frustrated when I hear women saying, "Oh, feminism is passé," because I think feminism means empowerment. Men can be feminists, too! Many men are feminists. We need feminism. It's not against men; it's about the empowerment of women. It's the respect of women - giving women equal rights, the same opportunities.
    -- Annie Lennox

#Strong Women #Mean #Opportunity

• Men are by nature merely indifferent to one another; but women are by nature enemies.
    -- Arthur Schopenhauer

#Strong Women #Philosophical #Enemy

• If you're a strong man, you should not feel threatened by strong women
    -- Barack Obama

#Strong Women #Strong Man #Should

• Most people who meet my wife quickly conclude that she is remarkable. They are right about this. She is smart, funny and thoroughly charming. Often, after hearing her speak at some function or working with her on a project, people will approach me and say something to the effect of, you know, I think the world of you, Barack, but your wife, wow!
    -- Barack Obama

#Strong Women #Smart #Thinking

• When you are a strong woman, you will attract trouble. When a man feels threatened, there is always trouble.
    -- Barbara Taylor Bradford

#Strong Women #Trouble #Feels

• I was always this guy who appreciated and loved women and supported them and all those little things that were female-skewed, strong women parts.
    -- Barry Bostwick

#Strong Women #Guy #Female

• Success breeds confidence.
    -- Beryl Markham

#Strong Women #Strong

• Happy international woman's day to all of the beautifully strong women across the world
    -- Bethany Mota

#Strong Women #Strong #World

• Let's be clear, I'm a strong woman.
    -- Bethenny Frankel

#Strong Women #Strong #Clear

• Strong Women never put their safety or their self-esteem aside to please someone else or to keep a man. If someone acts inappropriately or abusively in any way (including becoming emotionally abusive), Strong Women stand up for themselves and make it abundantly clear that they will not tolerate the abuse. If this doesn't work, they walk away.
    -- Beverly Engel

#Being Yourself #Strong Women #Self Esteem

• A strong man can handle a strong woman. A weak man will say she has an attitude problem
    -- Boonaa Mohammed

#Strong Women #Attitude #Problem

• I love strong women, not only in life but in craft.
    -- Brad Garrett

#Strong Women #Strong #Strong Love

• On the day my daughter was born, I started writing a book for her. The plan was that, over the course of her life, I'd fill it with advice on how to be a strong woman. But along the way, I got caught up in the stories of Amelia Earhart, Sally Ride, and so many others. So how do you pick the best heroes for your kids?
    -- Brad Meltzer

#Daughter #Mother #Strong Women

• The woman must be restored to her rightful place, as the strong, loving maternal leader of peace and reason.
    -- Bryant H. McGill

#Strong Women #Strong #Leader

• Running to Mommy and Daddy on the campus grievance committee is unworthy of strong women.
    -- Camille Paglia

#Running #Strong Women #Daddy

• A really strong woman accepts the war she went through and is ennobled by her scars.
    -- Carly Simon

#Strong Women #War #Scar

• John and I were lucky because our mother was a strong woman with high expectations and a strong sense of values. She encouraged us to pursue things we were interested in and not think about what other people wanted us to do.
    -- Caroline Kennedy

#Mother #Strong Women #Thinking

• The best part? Probably being able to portray such a respectable, ethical, intelligent, strong woman. That's still pretty rare in our business, unfortunately.
    -- Catherine Bell

#Strong Women #Intelligent #Able

• Whatever women do, they must do twice as well as men to be thought half as good. Luckily, this is not difficult.
    -- Charlotte Whitton

#Funny #Hilarious #Strong Women

• I think probably like seeing women fight because we're generally not thought to be strong, especially in the case of this movie.
    -- Chiaki Kuriyama

#Strong Women #Fighting #Thinking

• I am struck by how many leading women... today started as Girl Scouts. It is an organization that obviously develops strong women leaders.
    -- Christine Todd Whitman

#Girl #Strong Women #Organization

• Women must tell men always that they are the strong ones. They are the big, the strong, the wonderful. In truth, women are the strong ones. It is just my opinion, I am not a professor.
    -- Coco Chanel

#Strong Women #Opinion #Wonderful

• Martha Washington. I think she's done herself a disservice in history with a little cap, you know? She looks like a namby-pamby little grandmotherly type, but she turned out to be a very strong woman.
    -- Cokie Roberts

#Strong Women #Thinking #Looks

• I'm lucky my wife is a strong woman. She's one of the stronger people I've ever met. It's hard for me to be away, but I know my home life is fine because my wife is there.
    -- Darius Rucker

#Strong Women #Home #People

• I grew up in a family with two very strong women, my mother and my older sister, and they were big influences on my life. I've spent a life loving women, and studying them as much as I can, or am allowed to.
    -- Darren Aronofsky

#Mother #Strong Women #Two

• I was surrounded by strong women so it had never even occurred to me that women were anything other than equal to men.
    -- David Bailey

#Strong Women #Strong #Men

• The essence of my work, and of me, is the softer side of a strong woman, and that goes into a number of different roles.
    -- Dee Wallace

#Strong Women #Essence #Numbers

• As long as every generation rises to its challenges and stands up in defense of liberty - as Americans have done in the past and as our men and women continue to do today - our nation will remain free and strong.
    -- Doc Hastings

#Strong Women #Past #Long

• Women think with their whole bodies and they see things as a whole more than men do.
    -- Dorothy Day

#Strong Women #Thinking #Body

• Time and trouble will tame an advanced young woman, but an advanced old woman is uncontrollable by any earthly force.
    -- Dorothy L. Sayers

#Strong Women #Time #Age

• My experience has been that work is almost the best way to pull oneself out of the depths.
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt

#Strong Women #Work #Depth

• Being a woman did not look enviable to me, even when it looked admirable. It looked like nonstop sacrifice and service. Because it was. Being a woman seemed vulnerable and sad. Even the strong women I knew - and they were all strong - had earned their strength through enduring huge disappointments and tremendous struggles.
    -- Elizabeth Gilbert

#Strong Women #Disappointment #Struggle

• Though the sex to which I belong is considered weak you will nevertheless find me a rock that bends to no wind.
    -- Elizabeth I

#Strong Women #Sex #Rocks

• Many men admire strong women but they don't love them. Some women succeed at being strong and also tender, but most of those who have intended to walk alone, making their own way, have lost their happiness.
    -- Elsa Schiaparelli

#Strong Women #Way #Succeed

• I think we all want to be Gisele Bündchen. Whether it inspires. Not only for her beauty. Successful she is, is a businesswoman, is an activist, a good mother is a strong woman and a good example to all the powerful women . Everybody wants to know what she does or says, rather than what she wears.
    -- Erin Heatherton

#Mother #Strong Women #Powerful

• I grew up with all mothers, all women. I come from a long line of matriarchs, very strong women.
    -- Erykah Badu

#Mother #Strong Women #Long

• I'm a very stubborn woman and I'm from a very stubborn family of headstrong women. I have sisters, so the women rule the coop in my house.
    -- Evangeline Lilly

#Strong Women #House #Stubborn

• I feel like a good mom. I'm a strong woman now... Don't look down on me. Pray for me because I'm trying.
    -- Fantasia Barrino

#Mom #Strong Women #Trying

• I like intelligent women. When you go out, it shouldn't be a staring contest.
    -- Frank Sinatra

#Strong Women #Intelligent #Staring

• Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly?
    -- Frida Kahlo

#Strong Women #Art #Reality

• Welcome to Lake Wobegon, where all the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and all the children are above average.
    -- Garrison Keillor

#Strong Women #Children #Lakes

• Men spend their whole lives showing that they're strong and silent. They fight for independence the way women struggle to connect.
    -- George Weinberg

#Strong Women #Struggle #Fighting

• Cavalli is all about being a strong woman - being sexy and powerful. Which is how we'd like to feel, all of the time! The clothes are very strong and sexy - quite Amazonian. And you feel like that yourself when you're wearing the clothes.
    -- Georgia May Jagger

#Sexy #Strong Women #Powerful

• I want my daughter to see a strong woman who goes after what she wants.
    -- Giada De Laurentiis

#Daughter #Strong Women #Want

• You know, there's nothing damnable about being a strong woman. The world needs strong women. There are a lot of strong women you do not see who are guiding, helping, mothering strong men. They want to remain unseen. It's kind of nice to be able to play a strong woman who is seen.
    -- Ginger Rogers

#Strong Women #Nice #Play

• You know, there's nothing damnable about being a strong woman. The world needs strong women.
    -- Ginger Rogers

#Strong Women #Needs #World

• There are some people who still feel threatened by strong women. That's their problem. It's not mine.
    -- Gloria Allred

#Strong Women #People #Problem

• Strong women wear their pain like stilettos. No matter how much it hurts, all you see is the beauty of it.
    -- Harriet Morgan

#Strong Women #Hurt #Pain

• A strong women is someone who is able to smile this morning like she wasn't crying last night.
    -- Harriet Morgan

#Strong Women #Morning #Night

• Most of all, I like the quiet, rounded tugs. They remind me of women. As I watch them work I see them as kindly, no-fuss boats which patiently tend much larger, grander and more important-looking ships. They make sure these ships get to the right place as the right time, shepherding them with a pull or a push as needed. Their power is not immediately obvious but it is there - inside. I watch them a lot and never tire of seeing their unsung but absolutely essential work. The silent strong women of the sea.
    -- Hazel Hawke

#Strong Women #Sea #Important

• I represent more the healthy, happy, curvy, strong woman. And that sounds much healthier to me than being 80 pounds and skinny as a bean.
    -- Heidi Klum

#Strong Women #Healthy #Pounds

• The woman who appeals to a man's vanity may stimulate him, the woman who appeals to his heart may attract him, but it is the woman who appeals to his imagination who gets him.
    -- Helen Rowland

#Love #Strong Women #Heart

• My mother is such an incredibly strong woman. She raised a family of five boys extremely well. She made us all strong, loving, caring people. We all support each other. I'm really thankful to her.
    -- Henry Cavill

#Mother #Strong Women #Caring

• Lara Croft is such a strong individual, she's very driven, she doesn't need a man, she's speaks her own mind, and that she's in control of her own life. It's a lot of what women want and have.
    -- Jan de Bont

#Strong Women #Mind #Needs

• Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got.
    -- Janis Joplin

#Positive #Being Yourself #Strong Women

• I like writing strong women, because as a straight male, there's nothing more attractive to me than a strong girl.
    -- Jay Baruchel

#Girl #Strong Women #Writing

• I think the people who cast films tend to think of me in regard to strong women with integrity and a lot of it has been very good.
    -- Joan Allen

#Strong Women #Integrity #Thinking

• We can't be empowered women in our career and strong women in our relationships if it weren't for the fact that we're healthy.
    -- Joanna Garcia

#Strong Women #Careers #Healthy

• We need to ensure our men and women in uniform are equipped with the very best money can buy. We also have to make sure critical military technologies are developed in America and that the U.S. defense manufacturing base remains healthy and strong.
    -- Joe Lieberman

#Strong Women #Military #Technology

• I am proud that the Republican Party stands for strong support for the military, and I am sure we will consistently support our men and women serving in dangerous places around the world and their families.
    -- John Shimkus

#Strong Women #Military #Party

• I believe a strong woman may be stronger than a man, particularly if she happens to have love in her heart. I guess a loving woman is indestructible.
    -- John Steinbeck

#Being Strong #Strong Women #Believe

• Remember our heritage is our power; we can know ourselves and our capacities by seeing that other women have been strong.
    -- Judy Chicago

#Strong Women #Heritage #Remember

• It is not enough to call yourself a feminist because you are a strong woman. Thatcher was an enemy to feminism, as is Nadine Dorries. Like other liberation movements, feminism has an ideology and a goal. It is not about personal liberty and freedom, but the emancipation from oppression and tyranny for ALL women, whatever our race or class.
    -- Julie Bindel

#Strong Women #Class #Race

• Basically, women have to prove they are strong at all times. And then when they go on the attack, they have to not appear mean because those women often get the label of being catty.
    -- Julie Nixon Eisenhower

#Strong Women #Mean #Labels

• When you look at the stars and the galaxy, you feel that you are not just from any particular piece of land, but from the solar system.
    -- Kalpana Chawla

#Strong Women #Stars #Space

• I love playing strong women, even if theyre nuts.
    -- Karen Black

#Strong Women #Strong #Nuts

• I like to go out there looking like a strong woman, because I am strong. But I am also a woman who goes through all kinds of problems and highs and lows.
    -- Katy Perry

#Strong Women #I Am Strong #Kind

• I’m a bit of a feminist and I carry a machete! (Laughs)  I try to be a strong female. I think it’s important.  My mum is my idol in life. She’s a very strong woman. I think it’s important for women to be strong and intelligent and hold their own.
    -- Kaya Scodelario

#Strong Women #Intelligent #Thinking

• Being the ideal of a strong woman means utilizing all the things that God gives you. People are always saying to me, 'You're a strong female, so why are you wearing a bikini on the cover of that magazine?' Being a strong woman is misconstrued to be something evil and ugly.
    -- Kelis

#Strong Women #Mean #People

• I love strong women in films that are allowed to play women and not male fantasies.
    -- Kelly Reilly

#Strong Women #Play #Strong Love

• In my books, women often solve the problem. Even if the woman is not the hero, she's a strong character. She does change the plot. She'll often rescue the male character from some situation.
    -- Ken Follett

#Strong Women #Book #Hero

• There are so few strong roles for women, especially young women. And Veronica is very serious but also very likable. She's a lone wolf, and it appeals to people that she isn't rich and doesn't have a lot of friends. No posse. She's just like you, like most of us.
    -- Kristen Bell

#Strong Women #People #Lots Of Friends

• I loved Veronica right off the bat. She was so strong and I think it is so important because there are so few shows that portray women, especially young women, as being strong and being able to stand up for themselves.
    -- Kristen Bell

#Strong Women #Thinking #Important

• I think a lot of girls look up to me because I'm a strong woman.
    -- Kristin Cavallari

#Girl #Strong Women #Thinking

• I think God made a woman to be strong and not to be trampled under the feet of men. I've always felt this way because my mother was a very strong woman, without a husband.
    -- Little Richard

#Being Strong #Mother #Strong Women

• There were many women around. We all had a relationship with each other that was very strong. And all of our minds kind of hooked up. We rejected the society. We rejected marriage because we didn't like what our parents had.
    -- Lynette Fromme

#Strong Women #Parent #Mind

• Woman must not accept; she must challenge. She must not be awed by that which has been built up around her; she must reverence that woman in her which struggles for expression.
    -- Margaret Sanger

#Strong Women #Courage #Struggle

• Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country.
    -- Margaret Thatcher

#Country #Running #Strong Women

• A strong woman is a woman determined to do something others are determined not be done.
    -- Marge Piercy

#Strength #Inspiring #Strong Women

• A strong woman is a woman who craves love like oxygen or she turns blue choking. A strong woman is a woman who loves strongly and weeps strongly and is strongly terrified and has strong needs. A strong woman is strong in words, in action, in connection, in feeling; she is not strong as a stone but as a wolf suckling her young. Strength is not in her, but she enacts it as the wind fills a sail.
    -- Marge Piercy

#Strong Women #Wind #Blue

• A strong woman is a woman at work, cleaning out the cesspool of the ages, and while she shovels, she talks about how she doesn't mind crying, it opens the ducts of the eyes, and throwing up develops the stomach muscles, and she goes on shoveling with tears in her nose.
    -- Marge Piercy

#Strong Women #Eye #Justice

• My mother has always been my role model, and I believe my survival in the entertainment business is in large part due to my desire to be a strong woman like my mother. She is my hero.
    -- Marie Osmond

#Mother #Strong Women #Hero

• ...Respecting the woman as an important and valuable human being and making certain that the woman's experience while giving birth is fulfilling and empowering is not just a nice extra, it is absolutely essential as it makes the woman strong and therefore makes society strong.
    -- Marsden Wagner

#Strong Women #Nice #Pregnancy

• You can have unbelievable intelligence, you can have connections, you can have opportunities fall out of the sky. But in the end, hard work is the true, enduring characteristic of successful people.
    -- Marsha Johnson Evans

#Strong Women #Fall #Hard Work

• I'm so sick of hearing how there's no strong roles for women. I don't care about strong roles. I just want to see women who are characters! A nun, a serial killer, a housewife, as long as there's some depth there.
    -- Martha Plimpton

#Strong Women #Character #Sick

• You don't have to play masculine to be a strong woman.
    -- Mary Elizabeth Winstead

#Strong Women #Strong #Play

• Genius of a kind has always been with me; an empty heart that has taken on a certain wooden quality; an excellent, strong woman's body and a pitiably starved soul.
    -- Mary MacLane

#Strong Women #Taken #Heart

• We may encounter many defeats, but we must not be defeated. It may even be necessary to encounter the defeat so that we can know who we are. So that we can see, "Oh, that happened, and I rose. I did get knocked down flat in front of the whole world, and I rose. I didn't run away; I rose right where I'd been knocked down." That's how you get to know yourself.
    -- Maya Angelou

#Running #Strong Women #Rose