Stressed quotes

• I don't worry about gaining weight. I'm fortunate in that I've never had to worry about that. Some people eat when they are stressed. I don't eat enough.
    -- Alana Stewart

#People #Worry #Stressed

• Oh, man," Xavier groaned. "See what you've done-now I'm stressed." "You can't! You're the stable one!
    -- Alexandra Adornetto

#Men #Stressed #Done

• ...nuclear threats and nuclear weapons are the last argument of weak, stressed and irresponsible politicians. People must act very quicky to stop the movement to nuclear war.
    -- Alla Yaroshinskaya

#War #People #Stressed

• The wrong things are predominantly stressed in the schools - things remote from the student's experience and need.
    -- Anne Sullivan Macy

#School #Stressed #Needs

• PETA doesn't want stressed animals to be cruelly crowded into sheds, ankle-deep in their own crap, because they don't want any animals to die-ever-and basically think chickens should, in time, gain the right to vote. I don't want animals stressed or crowded or treated cruelly or inhumanely because that makes them probably less delicious.
    -- Anthony Bourdain

#Animal #Thinking #Stressed

• Life is beautiful. Cherish every moment even if you're stressed or hurt or whatnot. There's always tomorrow and it always gets better
    -- Ariana Grande

#Beautiful #Hurt #Stressed

• The onset of this second movement is characterized by the falling away of self and coming upon "that" which remains when it is gone. But this going-out is an upheaval, a complete turnabout of such proportions it cannot possibly be missed, under-emphasized, or sufficiently stressed as a major landmark in the contemplative life.
    -- Bernadette Roberts

#Fall #Self #Stressed

• We're a nation of exhausted and over-stressed adults raising over-scheduled children.
    -- Brené Brown

#Children #Stressed #Adults

• The first time around as a mom, I held on really tight and I was so stressed.
    -- Bridgette Wilson

#Mom #Stressed #Firsts

• I know that when I get stressed, I want to eat junk food. So now I just know - 'I'm stressed, I want to eat junk food, so I'm going to go work out instead, or eat something healthy.' It really works.
    -- Cara Castronuova

#Work Out #Healthy #Stressed

• A religion old or new, that stressed the magnificence of the universe as revealed by modern science, might be able to draw forth reserves of reverence and awe hardly tapped by the conventional faiths. Sooner or later such a religion will emerge.
    -- Carl Sagan

#Religion #Stressed #Magnificence

• I get irritated, nervous, very tense or stressed, but never bored.
    -- Catherine Deneuve

#Bored #Stressed #Irritated

• Typically, people who exercise, start eating better and becoming more productive at work. They smoke less and show more patience with colleagues and family. They use their credit cards less frequently and say they feel less stressed. Exercise is a keystone habit that triggers widespread change.
    -- Charles Duhigg

#Exercise #People #Stressed

• The human being is like a light bulb. If a human being is super stressed, depressed and filled with negativity, this is what that human being radiates out into the world.
    -- David Lynch

#Light #Negativity #Stressed

• I'm a worrywart, so I'm always a bit more stressed out than I should be or wish I was.
    -- David Nail

#Stressed #Wish #Stressed Out

• I used to get stressed out, but my cancer has put everything into perspective.
    -- Delta Goodrem

#Cancer #Perspective #Stressed

• A program designed for inputs from people is usually stressed beyond breaking point by computer-generated inputs.
    -- Dennis Ritchie

#People #Point Break #Stressed

• The important thing is to take your time and not get stressed.
    -- Diane von Furstenberg

#Stressed #Important #Stressed Out

• One set at extreme intensity does the muscle-building job. It must be stressed that the one final, all-out set I do takes me to the very limit of my capabilities. If you feel you can attempt a second set, then you couldn’t have been pulling out all the stops during the first set. It's not pretty, but it works.
    -- Dorian Yates

#Jobs #Stressed #Doe

• They wanna hang us, see us dead, or enslave us, keep us trapped in the same place we raised in. Then they wonder why we act so outrageous, run around stressed out and pull out gauges.
    -- Dr. Dre

#Running #Revenge #Stressed

• Don't depend on other people to be responsible for you. Don't make yourself stressed out over nonsensical things like material things.
    -- Eartha Kitt

#People #Stressed #Nonsensical

• You can be very much aware that when you are stressed, it always is a sign you have lost the present moment. So, you can choose to re-enter the present moment.
    -- Eckhart Tolle

#Stressed #Moments #Lost

• The whole world accepts that being stressed is the normal way to live.
    -- Eckhart Tolle

#Stressed #Normal #World

• When you want to arrive at your goal more than you want to be doing what you are doing, you become stressed.
    -- Eckhart Tolle

#Goal #Stressed #Doing You

• We could say that the totality, life wants the sapling to become a tree, but the sapling doesn't see itself as separate from life and so wants nothing for itself. It is one with what life wants. That's why it isn't worried or stressed. And, if it has to die prematurely, it dies with ease..
    -- Eckhart Tolle

#Tree #Stressed #Ease

• I'm a very anxious, nervy kind of loser in many ways, and I get very stressed and a little tense.
    -- Ed Weeks

#Stressed #Littles #Way

• When I read educational articles it often seems to me that this important side of the matter, the purely personal side, is not emphasized enough; the fact that it is so much more agreeable and interesting to be an educated person than not. The sheer pleasure of being educated does not seem to be stressed.
    -- Edith Hamilton

#Education #Interesting #Stressed

• I'm too grateful to be hateful. I am too blessed to be stressed.
    -- El DeBarge

#Blessed #Grateful #Stressed

• In the world I notice persons are nearly always stressed and have no time...I don't know how persons with jobs do the jobs and all the living as well...I guess the time gets spread very thin like butter all over the world, the roads and houses and playgrounds and stores, so there's only a little smear of time on each place, then everyone has to hurry on to the next bit.
    -- Emma Donoghue

#Jobs #House #Stressed

• I have always been very calm on the outside. I'm not too stressed now just because I'm in formula one. For me, tomorrow will be another day whether I finish first or last. I have to do the maximum and I cannot ask any more from myself.
    -- Fernando Alonso

#Stressed #Lasts #Firsts

• But Hitler didn't strive for the annihilation of the Jews - he stressed that fact in public life and in the newspapers. Hitler merely said at the beginning that Jewish influence was too great, that of all the lawyers in Berlin, eighty percent were Jewish. Hitler thought that a small percentage of the people, the Jews, should not be allowed to control the theater, cinema, radio, et cetera.
    -- Franz von Papen

#People #Stressed #Cinema

• The fact -- not theory -- that evolution has occurred and the Darwinian theory as to how it occurred have become so confused in popular opinion that the distinction must be stressed.
    -- George Gaylord Simpson

#Confused #Stressed #Facts

• ...the disqualification is unjust, I understand his reaction. You must understand the riders at certain moments (like climbing an 18% hill) they are stressed and they can react rashly.
    -- Gilberto Simoni

#Climbing #Stressed #Unjust

• I have repeatedly stressed that we have the knowledge to reduce hunger and poverty.
    -- Gro Harlem Brundtland

#Knowledge #Stressed #Poverty

• Keep in mind that the tendency to be judgmental - toward yourself or another person - is a good barometer of how anxious or stressed out you are. Judging others is simply the flip side of judging yourself.
    -- Harriet Lerner

#Judging #Mind #Stressed

• I try to live my life one day at a time, and if I look too far in advance, I get really stressed.
    -- Hope Solo

#One Day At A Time #Stressed #Trying

• There are few things stressed more strongly in the Bible than the reality of God's work as Judge.
    -- J. I. Packer

#Reality #Judging #Stressed

• Don't get stressed over the little things and make sure you're enjoying life to the fullest.
    -- Jack Barakat

#Enjoy Life #Stressed #Littles

• The basic rhymes in English are masculine, which is to say that the last syllable of the line is stressed: 'lane' rhymes with 'pain,' but it also rhymes with 'urbane' since the last syllable of 'urbane' is stressed. 'Lane' does not rhyme with 'methane.'
    -- James Fenton

#Pain #Stressed #Lines

• When a society is stressed, when it comes up against things that are hard to understand, you get a lot of delusional thinking.
    -- James Howard Kunstler

#Thinking #Stressed #Delusional

• The importance of a warm up and cool down can't be stressed enough.
    -- Jamie Redknapp

#Stressed #Enough #Importance

• Everything is calm, happier, and less stressed. As soon as you drive into the park, it’s like you’ve entered an oasis.
    -- Jemma Kidd

#Oasis #Stressed #Parks

• I get stressed out really easily.
    -- Jennette McCurdy

#Stressed #Stressed Out

• I try to do a lot of research beforehand so I know where I want to go with a scene. I try not to get too stressed about it, because I find that's the worst thing
    -- Jennifer Connelly

#Stressed #Trying #Research

• Cleaning is my favorite way to relax. I clear things out and get rid of the stuff I don't need. When the food pantry and the refrigerator are organized, I feel less stressed.
    -- Jennifer Morrison

#Stressed #Relax #Needs

• Pause and remember - The more you stay focused on your blessings the less stressed your life will be!
    -- Jennifer Young

#Blessing #Negativity #Stressed

• Believe that God is in control. There is no need to be stressed out or worried
    -- Joel Osteen

#Believe #Stressed #Needs

• As you know, I have over the years written critically about the U.N. I have consistently stressed in my writings that American leadership is critical to the success of the U.N., an effective U.N., one that is true to the original intent of its charter's framers.
    -- John Bolton

#Writing #Years #Stressed

• There are plenty of brilliant people who are too stressed out to read challenging literary novels.
    -- John Burdett

#People #Challenges #Stressed

• I always stressed that I didn't have coaching experience, but that I did have a deadline: June 9.
    -- Jurgen Klinsmann

#June #Coaching #Stressed

• We should realize that, if [Socrates] demanded that the wisest men should rule, he clearly stressed that he did not mean the learned men; in fact, he was skeptical of all professional learnedness, whether it was that of the philosophers or of the learned men of his own generation, the Sophists. The wisdom he meant was of a different kind. It was simply the realization: how little do I know! Those who did not know this, he taught, knew nothing at all. This is the true scientific spirit.
    -- Karl Popper

#Mean #Men #Stressed

• Life is a pressure cooker and whether you remain serene or become stressed-out depends on how you handle that pressure.
    -- Kevin Leman

#Life #Stressed #Pressure

• People get so stressed and nervous and mad.
    -- Kim Clijsters

#People #Mad #Stressed

• Everyone knows how much Australia means to me. I try to get back here as much as I can, but normally it's for work, so I'm in and out and jetlagged and stressed.
    -- Kylie Minogue

#Mean #Australia #Stressed

• Any actor has their moments of being stressed, but the great part about this job is that it's so unpredictable, and that's what I like. I love spontaneity. I don't ever want to be bored, doing the same thing from 9 to 5.
    -- Liana Liberato

#Jobs #Bored #Stressed

• It's important to be gentle about my routines. I've learned that the hard way. When I'm really stressed out, I can take it out on my body and hurt myself. Sometimes I need to be as loving and soft with myself as possible. I've had to learn how to pay attention. It's a kind of mind-set.
    -- Lisa Edelstein

#Hurt #Mind #Stressed

• If you are in a country that is progressive, the woman is progressive. If you're in a country that reflects the consciousness toward the importance of education, it's because the woman is aware of the importance of education. But in every backward country you'll find the women are backward, and in every country where education is not stressed its because the women don't have education.
    -- Malcolm X

#Country #Stressed #Consciousness

• When leaders take back power, when they act as heroes and saviors, they end up exhausted, overwhelmed, and deeply stressed.
    -- Margaret J. Wheatley

#Hero #Leader #Stressed

• The more prepared I am, the more I'll be in control, less nervous, less stressed and more focused.
    -- Marilu Henner

#Stressed #Nervous #Prepared

• In a forbearance, the homeowner pays interest and principal on a smaller mortgage, at least for a time, but still owes the full amount. The lower monthly payment helps with affordability, giving stressed homeowners a break.
    -- Mark Zandi

#Giving #Stressed #Pay

• A parent can seem very kind and gentle, but as any child knows, as soon as that parent gets stressed, they can suddenly turn and get a bit angry.
    -- Michael Sheen

#Children #Parent #Stressed

• Don't be stressed, express
    -- Michelle Chang

#Stress #Stressed

• If I knew where creativity came from, I'd probably be a lot less stressed about coming up with new stories.
    -- Nicholas Sparks

#Creativity #Stressed #Stories

• Paranoia: the gift of the survivor and the burden of the overtired, stressed, and terrified...
    -- Patricia Briggs

#Stressed #Survivor #Paranoia

• It's amazing how stress keeps you trim.
    -- Peter Andre

#Stress #Stressed

• I don't think I realised how stressed I was, being a single parent. It was really, really stressful. It's not easy on anybody.
    -- Reese Witherspoon

#Thinking #Parent #Stressed

• But the majority of things that one could get stressed about, they?re not worth getting stressed about.
    -- Richard Branson

#Reality #Stressed #Majority

• When I'm really stressed out, I go to church. I light candles and sit and pray. And I'll ask myself, What's the lesson? Why am I going through this? There's got to be a reason I'm here. What am I supposed to learn?
    -- Sandra Lee

#Light #Stressed #Church

• Christmas is more stressful with present buying and making sure everyone gets included, but Thanksgiving is really not that. I don't ever really get stressed out about the food.
    -- Sandra Lee

#Christmas #Thanksgiving #Stressed

• Stressed souls need the reassuring rhythm of self-nurturing rituals.
    -- Sarah Ban Breathnach

#Self #Soul #Stressed

• I've always been under the impression that it would be such a bummer to be in a peaceful place like Hawaii or the tropics and be stressed about catching waves.
    -- Shaun White

#Peaceful #Stressed #Hawaii

• The timing & characteristics of state intervention affect not only organizational tactics and strategies, but the content and definition of interest itself... Some scholars have directly stressed that state interventions create corporatist forms... the formation, let alone the political capabilities, of such purely socioeconomic phenomena as interest groups and classes depends in significant measure on the structures and activities of the very states the social actors, in turn, seek to influence.
    -- Theda Skocpol

#Class #Political #Stressed

• You don't know what people are really like until they're under a lot of stress.
    -- Tim Allen

#Stress #People #Stressed

• Every time I find myself stressed out, it's because I do things primarily driven by growth.
    -- Tim Ferriss

#Growth #Stressed Out #Stressed

• I used to be more paranoid and stressed, constantly worrying about my Plan B. But the truth is I don't have one.
    -- Uma Thurman

#Worry #Stressed #Truth Is

• As a teenager, I put a lot of pressure on myself, and a lot of that, for me, was about finding a moral high ground. As I've grown up, I've decided to abandon that because it made me judgmental and also stressed me out.
    -- Veronica Roth

#Teenager #Stressed #Pressure

• Dopamine makes up less than one percent of the brain's neurotransmitters. It's a small portion. Dopamine is released when people are happy, angry, stressed. So it's really hard to call this specific neurotransmitter "the pleasure neurotransmitter."
    -- Carl Hart

#People #Brain #Stressed

• I am concerned that Millennials are stressed out. They have a higher suicide rate than other generations at their same age. They have the highest diagnosis of depression at their age than other generations. I think we have raised a generation that does not know how to be sad. They are programmed for success and the threat of failure is devastating.
    -- Chip Espinoza

#Suicide #Thinking #Stressed

• Good brands do three things for highly stressed out consumers: 1. They save time. 2. They project the right message. 3. They provide an identity.
    -- David F. D'Alessandro

#Stressed #Identity #Three

• While I'm sure people in Britain have money worries, they don't have them like the French do. The French, however much money they have, are worried. They're a very stressed people. It seems to be a very essential component of the national psyche.
    -- Jonathan Meades

#Worry #People #Stressed

• When I'm really stressed emotionally, I say to myself that there's only so much I can do to change things. Life happens on life's terms. Then, I go for a run.
    -- Kevin Griffin

#Running #Stressed #Life Happens

• I grew up in Phoenix, Arizona and was a very competitive (and stressed out!) gymnast before getting into entertainment, but it was never the actual gymnastics that was my true love. I loved the performing aspect of it all.
    -- Rachele Brooke Smith

#Gymnastics #Phoenix #Stressed

• Crying feels so good sometimes, and I do it when I'm happy, sad, stressed, scared. I like to believe that tears are my friend.
    -- Renee Marino

#Believe #Stressed #Tears

• Of course I am stressed after I finish working on an album about what an audience will think, if it will be successful or not.
    -- Rokia Traore

#Successful #Thinking #Stressed

• When people are rushed, they're stressed and you greatly increase the likelihood of being punitive and unilateral just because you're trying to grasp control.
    -- Ross W. Greene

#People #Stressed #Trying

• No matter how tired or stressed you are, just by getting dressed and rolling your sleeves up, you can accomplish almost anything.
    -- Sam Lamott

#Tired #Stressed #Matter

• I really admire police officers, surgeons, or anyone who works in high stressed situations.
    -- Yasmin Paige

#Police #Stressed #Admire

• When I am stressed, my No. 1 reliever is my music.
    -- Sabrina

#Stressed

• People who practise a religion have been found to be happier, healthier and less stressed than those who don't.
    -- Harold George Koenig

#People #Stressed #Found

• Whether I'm stressed out or angry or happy or depressed - however I feel, I say "I love my life," no matter what. That usually keeps me centered.
    -- John Feldmann

#Love Of My Life #Stressed #Matter

• I tell my coach all the time "Hey, listen, coach. You know the hardest person on me isn't you, right? It's me." I'm the hardest person on myself, my biggest critic, always pushing. But there are days when I have to tell myself, "Relax, breathe, you're too stressed out." When it's no longer fun, when it's no longer something you can tolerate, that's when you have to take a break.
    -- Jonathan Horton

#Fun #Relax #Stressed