Rebel quotes

• The crypto currency community hasn't decided whether they want to be anarchist rebels or to replace the establishment.
    -- Adi Shamir

#Community #Rebel #Want

• Actually, the person I related to was James Dean. I grew up with the Dean thing. Rebel Without A Cause had a very powerful effect on me.
    -- Al Pacino

#Powerful #Rebel #Causes

• Egyptians are like camels: they can put up with beatings, humiliation and starvation for a long time but when they rebel they do so suddenly and with a force that is impossible to control.
    -- Alaa Al Aswany

#Long #Rebel #Camels

• What is a rebel? A man who says no: but whose refusal does not imply a renunciation.
    -- Albert Camus

#Men #Rebel #Doe

• What is a rebel? A man who says no.
    -- Albert Camus

#Men #Rebel #Conformity

• I rebel; therefore I exist.
    -- Albert Camus

#Life #Rebel #Existentialism

• We are rebels for a cause, poets with a dream , and we won't let this world die without a fight.
    -- Albert Camus

#Dream #Fighting #Rebel

• The ancients, even though they believed in destiny , believed primarily in nature , in which they participated wholeheartedly. To rebel against nature amounted to rebelling against oneself. It was butting one's head against a wall.
    -- Albert Camus

#Wall #Destiny #Rebel

• When I was younger, I just thought that my plans were probably going to be more exciting than my parents' plans or the establishment. I sort of got by on being a little bit of a rebel.
    -- Amy Grant

#Parent #Rebel #Littles

• I've been reckless, but I'm not a rebel without a cause.
    -- Angelina Jolie

#Rebel #Causes #Reckless

• Rebels are the people who refuse the seen for the unseen.
    -- Anne Douglas Sedgwick

#People #Unseen #Rebel

• So, I was just a young guy, maybe with an idea, and Cecil Taylor, himself a rebel, would take a chance on a guy like me. It turned out to be a very symbiotic partnership. I learned a lot from him.
    -- Archie Shepp

#Ideas #Guy #Rebel

• My mind rebels at stagnation, give me problems, give me work!
    -- Arthur Conan Doyle

#Giving #Mind #Rebel

• There are no rebels in the cinema business.
    -- Beatrice Dalle

#Rebel #Cinema

• I didn't rebel as a child. I missed that angry teenager thing.
    -- Billy Crystal

#Children #Teenager #Rebel

• If you are not their slaves, you are rebels.
    -- C. L. R. James

#Rebel #Slave

• We are not merely imperfect creatures who must be improved; we are rebels who must lay down our arms.
    -- C. S. Lewis

#Rebel #Arms #Imperfect

• If someone puts too much pressure on me, I will automatically rebel.
    -- Carnie Wilson

#Rebel #Too Much #Pressure

• The constellations this year seem unfavourable to rebels.
    -- Cesare Borgia

#Years #Rebel #Constellations

• Pity for these inhabitants, I have none. In the first place, they are rebels, and I am almost prepared to agree with Sherman that a rebel has no rights, not even the right to live except by our permission.
    -- Charles Fessenden Morse

#War #Rights #Rebel

• In general, I'm not much into etiquette and am a rule-breaker and rebel by nature.
    -- Chip Conley

#Rebel #Etiquette

• Ancestors do not mean so much. The rebel who succeeds generally makes it easier for the posterity that follows him; so these descendants are usually contented and smug and soft. Rebels are made from life, not ancestors.
    -- Clarence Darrow

#Mean #Rebel #Succeed

• There's a rebel lying deep in my soul.
    -- Clint Eastwood

#Lying #Soul #Rebel

• Never rebel for the sake of rebelling, but always rebel for the sake of truth.
    -- Criss Jami

#Rebel #Sake

• Everybody always wants to rebel against their parents' music, but nobody listened to music louder than my dad.
    -- Dan Auerbach

#Dad #Parent #Rebel

• My idol was Sandino, and also Christ. I was brought up a Christian, but I regarded Christ as a rebel, a revolutionary.
    -- Daniel Ortega

#Christian #Idols #Rebel

• The Earth needs rebels!
    -- David Icke

#Rebel #Needs #Earth

• Talent, I believe, is most likely to be found among nonconformists, dissenters, and rebels.
    -- David Ogilvy

#Believe #Rebel #Talent

• To many people, free will is a license to rebel not against what is unjust or hard in life but against what is best for them and true.
    -- Dean Koontz

#People #Rebel #Unjust

• It takes more than going down to the video store and renting "Easy Rider" to be a rebel.
    -- Dennis Hopper

#Rebel #Video #Easy

• I did rebel. I was the rebel in my family, because my dad wanted me to go and just travel with him.
    -- Dhani Harrison

#Dad #Rebel #My Family

• I've always been in a rebel.
    -- Donnie Yen

#Uprising #Rebel

• You never hear in the news, 'Two hundred killed today when atheist rebels took heavy shelling from the agnostic stronghold in the north.'
    -- Doug Stanhope

#Atheist #Two #Rebel

• It so happened that Lucy, who found daily life rather chaotic, entered a more solid world when she opened the piano. She was then no longer either deferential or patronizing; no longer either a rebel or a slave.
    -- E. M. Forster

#Piano #Rebel #World

• You send the best of this country off to be shot and maimed. No wonder the kids rebel and take pot.
    -- Eartha Kitt

#Country #Kids #Rebel

• He would still see it as his duty to shut up and get on with it, not cause any trouble. In our own time we've made a hero of the rebel, and it's more heroic to speak up.
    -- Eddie Campbell

#Hero #Rebel #Causes

• Defiance is beautiful. The defiance of power, especially great or overwhelming power, exalts and glorifies the rebel.
    -- Edward Abbey

#Beautiful #Rebel #Defiance

• The rebel is doomed to a violent death. The rest of us can look forward to sedated expiration in a coma inside an oxygen tent, with tubes inserted in every bodily orifice.
    -- Edward Abbey

#Oxygen #Rebel #Looks

• But if we continue in sin, and rebel and harden our hearts, we shall become so inured and fixed in it, that it will be natural, and we shall choose it from time to time.
    -- Elias Hicks

#Heart #Rebel #Sin

• Anyone who was a rebel at one time in life cannot return to being conventional.
    -- Elsa Peretti

#Rebel #Return

• I knew by heart all the dialogue of James Dean's films; I could watch Rebel Without a Cause a hundred times over.
    -- Elvis Presley

#Heart #Rebel #Watches

• I was a normal, rather dutiful child. I didn't even rebel as a teenager.
    -- Emily Watson

#Children #Teenager #Rebel

• I really never break the rules. I'm not scared to say what I think or if I really disagree with something then I'll say it, but I'm not kind of like a born rebel.
    -- Emma Watson

#Thinking #Rebel #Scared

• I've never really had any barrier to break I guess. I don't really have anything to rebel against. I'm quite lucky.
    -- Emma Watson

#Rebel #Lucky #Break

• I do things in my own way, but I've never felt any need to rebel,
    -- Emma Watson

#Rebel #Needs #Way

• I wouldn't say I was a rebel as such, but I certainly wasn't right at school.
    -- Emmanuelle Beart

#School #Rebel

• I would rather be a rebel than a slave.
    -- Emmeline Pankhurst

#Rebel #Slave

• Berkeley hackers liked to see themselves as rebels against soulless corporate empires.
    -- Eric S. Raymond

#Rebel #Empires #Hackers

• The Scripture stories do not, like Homer’s, court our favor, they do not flatter us that they may please us and enchant us—they seek to subject us, and if we refuse to be subjected we are rebels.
    -- Erich Auerbach

#Rebel #Stories #Favors

• Every rebel is, with us, more or less a soldier who has missed his vocation, a being made for a heroic life ... The European race is a race of masters and soldiers. If you reduce this noble race to the work in a slave's prison like Negroes or Chinamen, it will rebel.
    -- Ernest Renan

#Race #Soldier #Rebel

• We human beings cause monstrous conditions, but precisely because we cause them we soon learn to adapt ourselves to them. Only if we become such that we can no longer adapt ourselves, only if, deep inside, we rebel against every kind of evil, will we be able to put a stop to it. ... while everything within us does not yet scream out in protest, so long will we find ways of adapting ourselves, and the horrors will continue.
    -- Etty Hillesum

#Long #Evil #Rebel

• That is not what Geek means to me. We are more than the hobbies that we do or the things that we like. To me, Geek means an outsider, a rebel, a dreamer, a creator, a fighter. It's a person who dares to love something that isn't conventional.
    -- Felicia Day

#Mean #Dreamer #Rebel

• There has never been a truly selfless rebel, just hypocrites—conscious hypocrites or unconscious hypocrites, it’s all the same.
    -- Frank Herbert

#Hypocrite #Rebel #Selfless

• When I need to identify rebels, I look for men with principles
    -- Frank Herbert

#Men #Principles #Rebel

• By the cross we, too, are crucified with Christ; but alive in Christ. We are no more rebels, but servants; no more servants, but sons!
    -- Frederic Farrar

#Friday #Son #Rebel

• The real damper on employee engagement is the soggy, cold blanket of centralized authority. In most companies, power cascades downwards from the CEO. Not only are employees disenfranchised from most policy decisions, they lack even the power to rebel against egocentric and tyrannical supervisors.
    -- Gary Hamel

#Real #Decision #Rebel

• I was not cut out to be a rebel.
    -- Gene Tierney

#Cutting #Rebel

• Although both sides of my family were religious, I was never forced to practice the Jewish faith. I did not really rebel against it, but then, as today, I disliked organized religion. I have a strange inhibition about praying with others.
    -- Georg Solti

#Religious #Practice #Rebel

• Personally, I regard myself as an intellectual 'rebel,' kicking against the 'old colonialism-imperialism paradigm' which has landed Africa in a conundrum.
    -- George Ayittey

#Intellectual #Colonialism #Rebel

• If a woman rebels against high-heeled shoes, she should take care to do it in a very smart hat
    -- George Bernard Shaw

#Smart #Shoes #Rebel

• If there's been any use of nerve gas it's the rebels that used it. If there has been a use of chemical weapons it was Al-Qaeda that used the chemical weapons - who gave al-Qaeda the chemical weapons? Here's my theory, Israel gave them the chemical weapons.
    -- George Galloway

#Israel #Rebel #Nerves

• You're only a rebel from the waist downwards,' he told her.
    -- George Orwell

#Rebel

• I’VE ALWAYS BEEN A REBEL. I NEVER DO THINGS THE WAY THEY’RE SUPPOSED TO BE DONE. EITHER I GO IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION OR I CREATE A NEW DIRECTION FOR MYSELF, REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE RULES ARE OR WHAT SOCIETY SAYS.
    -- Grace Jones

#Opposites #Rebel #Done

• Persecution matures young rebels.
    -- Han Suyin

#Rebel #Young #Persecution

• There must be some point, at which the lawyer's own personal and social morality will rebel against his traditional allegiance to his client.
    -- Harry Jones

#Character #Rebel #Clients

• Every syllable that can be struck out is pure profit, and every page that can be economised is a five-per-cent dividend. Nature rebels against this rule; the flesh is weak, and shrinks from the scissors; I groan in retrospect over the weak.
    -- Henry Adams

#Editing #Retrospect #Rebel

• Why does it [government] always crucify Christ, and excommunicate Copernicus and Luther, and pronounce Washington and Franklin rebels?
    -- Henry David Thoreau

#Government #Rebel #Doe

• What hurts me most is poverty, and that's what led me to become a rebel.
    -- Hugo Chavez

#Hurt #Rebel #Poverty

• Crowded hallways, are the loneliest places, for outcasts and rebels,or anyone who just dares to be different.
    -- Hunter Hayes

#Rebel #Different #Outcast

• If You Want To Rebel Against Society, Don’t Dull The Blade
    -- Ian MacKaye

#Rebel #Dull #Want

• Rebels and non-conformists are often the pioneers and designers of change.
    -- Indira Gandhi

#Rebel #Pioneers #Designer

• True rebels after all, are as rare as true lovers,and in both cases, to mistake a fever for passion can destroy one's life
    -- James A. Baldwin

#Mistake #Passion #Rebel

• What do we need all that for?”If a picture is psychologically motivated, if there is truth in the relationship in it, then I think that picture will do good. I firmly believe Rebel Without A Cause is such a picture.
    -- James Dean

#Believe #Thinking #Rebel

• Robert Pattinson is rebel cool incarnated -- the James Dean of the undead.
    -- James Wolcott

#Rebel #Dean #Undead

• The task of youth is not only its own salvation but the salvation of those against whom it rebels, but in that case there must be something vital to rebel against and if the elderly stiffly refuse to put up a vigorous front of their own, it leaves the entire situation in a mist.
    -- Jane Addams

#Elderly #Rebel #Tasks

• I love Rebel Rebel in Manhattan's West Village for vinyl, but record stores are hard to come by these days. I almost don't even use iTunes. I mostly use music subscription services. But I'll go into Rebel Rebel once a month or so and buy everything I love on vinyl.
    -- Jason Sellards

#Love #Age #Rebel

• He was, after all, the ultimate rebel -- it takes a lot of cojones to stand up to Zeus.
    -- Jasper Fforde

#Rebel #Cojones #Zeus

• A Libyan rebel has admitted to killing Moammar Gadhafi. He said he shot Gadhafi twice in the temple, to which Michele Bachmann said, "I didn't even know the guy was Jewish.
    -- Jay Leno

#Guy #Rebel #Temples

• Unwillingness to accept God's 'way of escape' from temptation frightens me - what a rebel yet resides within.
    -- Jim Elliot

#Temptation #Rebel #Way

• Other people will call me a rebel, but I just feel like I'm living my life and doing what I want to do. Sometimes people call that rebellion, especially when you're a woman.
    -- Joan Jett

#People #Rebel #Want

• Come! Let us lay a lance in rest, And tilt at windmills under a wild sky! For who would live so petty and unblest That dare not tilt at something ere he die; Rather than, screened by safe majority, Preserve his little life to little end, And never raise a rebel cry!
    -- John Galsworthy

#Sky #Majority #Rebel

• Although I never lack the presence and plain image of my own wretched infirmity, yet seeing sin so manifestly abounds in all estates, I am compelled to thunder out the threatenings of God against the obstinate rebels.
    -- John Knox

#Rebel #Sin #Threatening

• I always was a rebel...but on the other hand, I wanted to be loved and accepted...and not just be a loudmouth, lunatic, poet, musician. But I cannot be what I am not.
    -- John Lennon

#Hands #Musician #Rebel

• Discipline is tough for a guy who is a rebel.
    -- Jonathan Winters

#Discipline #Guy #Rebel

• America is a land of creators and rebels.
    -- Jose Marti

#Land #America #Rebel

• I didn't rebel in the way a lot of people do.
    -- Josh Turner

#People #Rebel #Way

• A lot of teenagers, when they're in the business, they want to rebel, because they've been so tied up and stuff. I'm not too tied up. I like to have fun. I just don't see myself getting out of control.
    -- Justin Bieber

#Fun #Teenager #Rebel

• I didn't do anything differently than what my father was doing. It's a really hard family to rebel in. I could have become an accountant. Or I could have become a Republican.
    -- Justin Townes Earle

#Father #Rebel #Republican

• I was a real rebel. I got expelled.
    -- Katie Price

#Real #Rebel

• My mum was never strict. I was allowed to go out to clubs underage, watch TV, listen to whatever music I wanted to, and that made me not rebel. I have never touched a drug in my life.
    -- Kelly Brook

#Drug #Rebel #Watches

• It is the cruelest of all ironies that moderns imagine themselves to be (abstractly understood) "individuals," because in actuality moderns are "types," abstracted and self-abstractive victims of a process of stereotyping that afflicts even would-be rebels and anarchists.
    -- Kenny Smith

#Self #Rebel #Would Be

• Rebel, renegade, must stay paid.
    -- KRS-One

#Rap #Hip Hop #Rebel

• Whenever you have to deal with a boy who is a rebel, remember that you must not fail at some time or other to get him to face the question, Are you going to be a fighter or a quarreller?
    -- Kurt Hahn

#Boys #Rebel #Faces

• I'm going to join them", he said. And he did. When Sveva fled, Rath stayed and fought with the rebels. And died with them, right there at the toes of the mountains. And was dragged with them into a big pile. And burned
    -- Laini Taylor

#Mountain #Rebel #Toes

• What causes adolescents to rebel is not the assertion of authority but the arbitrary use of power, with little explanation of the rules and no involvement in the decision-making.
    -- Laurence Steinberg

#Father #Decision #Rebel

• No one can go on being a rebel too long without turning into an autocrat.
    -- Lawrence Durrell

#Long #Rebel #Goes On

• Hell was not part of the original creation. Hell is God's fall-back position. Hell is something God was forced to make because people chose to rebel against him and turn against what was best for them and the purpose for which they were created.
    -- Lee Strobel

#Fall #People #Rebel

• I think guys who are rebels and make their own rules are appealing.
    -- Leighton Meester

#Thinking #Guy #Rebel

• We ought to be providing protective sanctuaries for the Kurdish rebels. That means finding some places where they can come and to which we will then be able to provide food and water and medical help.
    -- Les Aspin

#Mean #Water #Rebel

• Rebels seldom make good revolutionaries, because organized action, even union with other people, is not possible for them.
    -- Lillian Hellman

#People #Rebel #Unions