Sitting quotes

• Very few people changed the world by sitting on their couch.
    -- A. J. Jacobs

#People #Sitting #World

• I was very good at sitting. But I just read so much research about how horrible sitting is for you. It's like, it's really bad. It's like Paula-Deen-glazed-bacon-doughnut bad. So I now move around as much as possible.
    -- A. J. Jacobs

#Moving #Sitting #Research

• People with yuan fen are destined to like one another; Friendship develops even if a thousand miles apart. But should yuan fen be absent between two individuals, They will remain strangers despite sitting face-to-face
    -- Adeline Yen Mah

#Two #People #Sitting

• You and I are just like a blade of grass sitting here; we are going to wither and die. "But the word of the Lord endures forever"
    -- Adrian Rogers

#Forever #Sitting #Lord

• I didn't know anything about fashion. I couldn't believe it when I got here. I don't know how I'm sitting here right now speaking English.
    -- Adriana Lima

#Fashion #Believe #Sitting

• At the small table, sitting very upright, was one of the ugliest old ladies he had ever seen. It was an ugliness of distinction - it fascinated rather than repelled.
    -- Agatha Christie

#Sitting #Tables #Distinction

• Sitting here with one's knitting, one just sees the facts. -"The Blood-Stained Pavement
    -- Agatha Christie

#Knitting #Blood #Sitting

• When I'm gone, you'll be sitting in a cafe and say, "Do you remember Agnes?"
    -- Agnes Denes

#Gone #Sitting #Cafes

• When sitting in meditation, say, "That's not my business!" with every thought that comes by.
    -- Ajahn Chah

#Meditation #Sitting

• When I'm 80 years old and sitting in my rocking chair, I'll be reading Harry Potter. And my family will say to me, 'After all this time?' And I will say, 'Always.
    -- Alan Rickman

#Reading #Years #Sitting

• This has increased with the tremendous technological advances in communications. We have a vast new world of images brought into our sitting rooms electronically. Most of the images of reality on which we base our actions are really based on vicarious experience. This has increased with the tremendous technological advances in communications. We have a vast new world of images brought into our sitting-rooms electronically.
    -- Albert Bandura

#Communication #Reality #Sitting

• Suddenly to realise that one is sitting, damned, among the other damned--it is a most disquieting experience; so disquieting thatmost of us react to it by immediately plunging more deeply into our particular damnation in the hope, generally realized, that we may be able, at least for a time, to stifle our revolutionary knowledge.
    -- Aldous Huxley

#Damnation #Sitting #May

• Well-roundedness comes not from sitting in a classroom but from experiencing the larger world.
    -- Alex Tabarrok

#Sitting #World #Classroom

• There's something I love about how stark the contrast is between January and June in Sweden. In a way, I feel that time doesn't exist in LA. Sometimes I don't know if it's February or April or October, because you're always sitting outside on the same patio, and it's 70 degrees.
    -- Alexander Skarsgard

#June #Degrees #Sitting

• I'm not like most designers, who have to set sail on an exotic getaway to get inspired. Most of the time, it's on my walk to work, or sitting in the subway and seeing something random or out of context.
    -- Alexander Wang

#Sailing #Sitting #Exotic

• I just remember sitting in my trailer hysterically crying from the embarrassment I felt about myself, my body - and that no one could talk to me directly.
    -- Ali Larter

#Sitting #Body #Remember

• If you're sitting in front of the TV, you can't have ice cream. But if you're running around all day, then yeah, you can.
    -- Alison Sweeney

#Running #Ice Cream #Sitting

• Just make sure you're gone by the time we get to Miles's. It creeps me out to see you sitting in his lap without his permission.
    -- Alyson Noel

#Lap #Gone #Sitting

• But I didn't really enjoy my secondary education that much, probably because I am a very physical person and don't enjoy sitting at a desk all day. I just dragged myself through GCSE and A Levels, so it suited me very much to go on to drama school, which was very active.
    -- Amanda Burton

#Drama #School #Sitting

• Comfort rules. You want to be able to sit in a good chair comfortably for a few hours and be able to talk and enjoy a glass of wine. There's nothing worse than sitting in an uncomfortable chair.
    -- Amanda Pays

#Wine #Glasses #Sitting

• Actually, who hasn't been through the ghastly experience of sitting in front of a blank page, with its toothless mouth grinning at you: Go ahead, let's see you lay a finger on me? A blank page is actually a whitewashed wall with no door and no window. Beginning to tell a story is like making a pass at a total stranger in a restaurant.
    -- Amos Oz

#Wall #Doors #Sitting

• If you're constantly moving, you can get in a monotony that's just as equally boring as sitting still for a long period of time.
    -- Amy Seimetz

#Moving #Long #Sitting

• Life's short. Anything could happen, and it usually does, so there is no point in sitting around thinking about all the ifs, ands and buts.
    -- Amy Winehouse

#Thinking #Doe #Sitting

• I'm sitting here watching Hannah Montana, so I'm not going to annihilate 4.3 million Pakistanis without hearing directly from someone whose authority I recognize!
    -- Andre Braugher

#Sitting #Montana #Hearing

• When I'm sitting in a casting room in Paris, I'm not the thinnest model. Sometimes I'm not the most flat-chested, either.
    -- Andrej Pejic

#Paris #Sitting #Casting

• I've been not only articulating the dissatisfaction with Albany, I've been acting on it. I've been very aggressive in bringing public integrity cases and public corruption cases and bringing cases against sitting legislators
    -- Andrew Cuomo

#Integrity #Acting #Sitting

• Do you know how much power I have over you? Yes, you, the one just sitting there hitting the f5 button day in and day out!
    -- Andrew Hussie

#Over You #Sitting #Hitting

• There is nothing to compare with the instantaneous feedback a singer gets from the people sitting in front of him. That is where it all comes together - all the rehearsing and working to get everything just exactly right.
    -- Andy Gibb

#People #Together #Sitting

• When I have a full schedule like that, I don't see myself sitting there for a couple of months, doing the research, going through a painful process, it's just not my thing anymore.
    -- Ang Lee

#Couple #Sitting #Schedules

• When I was little, like Maleficent, I was told that I was different. And I felt out of place -- too loud, too full of fire, never good at sitting still, never good at fitting in. And, then one day I realized something, something that I hope you all realize: Different is good.
    -- Angelina Jolie

#Fire #One Day #Sitting

• There was nothing new in sitting on this dock, on this or that wooden bench, watching for his boat to come. In some ways, she was always waiting for him.
    -- Ann Brashares

#Waiting #Sitting #Benches

• This is how I learn most of what I know about my children and their friends: by sitting in the driver's seat and keeping quiet.
    -- Anna Quindlen

#Children #Sitting #Keeping Quiet

• I was raised by a single psychologist mother and we spent every evening sitting at the kitchen table and dissecting our emotions and speculating about the inner life of everyone we knew.
    -- Annie Baker

#Mother #Kitchen #Sitting

• For me, sitting still is harder than any kind of work.
    -- Annie Oakley

#Sitting #Kind #Harder

• As mayor, I'm in the frying pan. I'm just sitting here on the griddle now, and I've got to really think, you know, do I want to stay here on the griddle?
    -- Anthony A. Williams

#Thinking #Frying Pans #Sitting

• The gentleman will sit! The gentleman is correct in sitting!
    -- Anthony Weiner

#Gentleman #Sitting

• Martin Luther dreamed up Protestantism while sitting on the toilet at Wittenburg monastery, and we know what a big movement that became.
    -- Anton Szandor LaVey

#Sitting #Movement #Toilets

• The book of your revolution sits in the pit of your belly, young Indian. Crap it out, and read. Instead of which, they're all sitting in front of color TVs and watching cricket and shampoo advertisements.
    -- Aravind Adiga

#Book #Color #Sitting

• I have no philosophy, my favourite thing is sitting in the studio.
    -- Arne Jacobsen

#Philosophy #Sitting #Favourite

• I did find some time to go to a record store and check out "Headstrong" actually in the racks. It was pretty cool; I never thought I'd see my own CD sitting there with everyone else's. I made my Mom take lots of pics!
    -- Ashley Tisdale

#Mom #Cds #Sitting

• I havent mastered the art of sitting and smiling.
    -- Ashley Wagner

#Art #Sitting

• But I can also write in crappy motel rooms, while standing in line, or sitting in the dentist's chair.
    -- Augusten Burroughs

#Writing #Sitting #Lines

• Music is my life. I love doing it, so I just do it nonstop all day. And with dancing, I wanted to put on a show for people. I don't want to just be sitting there doing nothing, so that's when I started to dance.
    -- Austin Mahone

#People #Dancing #Sitting

• [on Martin Freeman playing Bilbo Baggins] It was great. I got to hang out with him, and I kept a straight face for a bit and then I started giggling because I know Martin, I don't know Bilbo. For Martin to be sitting there playing Bilbo is amazing. He's going to be amazing, he's going to be fantastic in this film.
    -- Benedict Cumberbatch

#Sitting #Faces #Film

• I'm not conniving - that has a pejorative context. I'm not sitting in back rooms making deals. That's not my style.
    -- Bess Myerson

#Style #Rooms #Sitting

• The program should know if someone is at the keyboard or joystick or if it is just sitting there idle. It should know if someone is proficient in its use or a novice.
    -- Bill Budge

#Sitting #Use #Novices

• A message in a bottle is one of the most intriguing things that you can find, the circumstance and method of delivery forever hidden but just the message sitting there, enigmatic, to decode.
    -- Bill Gothard

#Forever #Bottles #Sitting

• Becoming an artist is about sitting and paying attention to the world that is passing everyone else by
    -- Blaine Hogan

#Artist #Attention #Sitting

• I really like the thing I did with Martina McBride. I had that song sitting around for a long time.
    -- Bob Seger

#Song #Long #Sitting

• Arsene Wenger is sitting on the hot chair
    -- Bobby Gould

#Hot #Sitting #Wenger

• My first 'SNL' episode was with Michael Phelps and Lil Wayne. And if you go back and watch the monologue - it was supposed to feature Barack Obama, but we couldn't get him - it was with William Shatner. But if you watch it, Guy Fieri is sitting in the front row.
    -- Bobby Moynihan

#Guy #Watches #Sitting

• Here's what I love: I love sitting at my desk, staring at the blank screen, and beginning that conversation with my imaginary friends.
    -- Brad Meltzer

#Writing #Sitting #Desks

• When the man who knows all about the fruit fly chromosomes finds himself sitting next to an authority on Beowulf, there may be an uneasy silence.
    -- Brand Blanshard

#Men #Silence #Sitting

• I tend to feel really protective of songs, and if they aren't sitting well in a record, I'll pull them tight to my chest until I feel it's a better time.
    -- Brandi Carlile

#Song #Sitting #Records

• The only batsman I would love to see by paying for the tickets and sitting in the stand just to watch him is none other than Sachin Tendulkar
    -- Brian Lara

#Watches #Sitting #Tickets

• I'm not a person for sitting on beaches. What would I do?
    -- Brian May

#Beach #Sitting #Persons

• When I'm sitting writing, I know that something works if I've made myself cry, or laugh, or have a visceral emotion.
    -- Brit Marling

#Writing #Laughing #Sitting

• Somebody has to stand when other people are sitting. Somebody has to speak when other people are quiet.
    -- Bryan Stevenson

#People #Sitting #Quiet

• When you argue against Him you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all: it is like cutting off the branch you are sitting on.
    -- C. S. Lewis

#Cutting #Religion #Sitting

• A concentrated mind and a sitting body make for better prayer than a kneeling body and a mind half asleep.
    -- C. S. Lewis

#Prayer #Mind #Sitting

• There is a difficulty about disagreeing with God. He is the source from which all your reasoning power comes: you could not be right and he wrong any more than a stream can rise higher than its own source. When you are arguing against Him you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all: it is like cutting off the branch you are sitting on.
    -- C. S. Lewis

#Cutting #Sitting #Branches

• A woman sitting by herself is not waiting for you.
    -- Caitlin Stasey

#Waiting #Sitting #Waiting For You

• When helicopters were snatching people from the grounds of the American embassy compound during the panic of the final Vietcong push into Saigon, I was sitting in front of the television set shouting, Get the chefs! Get the chefs!
    -- Calvin Trillin

#People #Finals #Sitting

• I want to tell you how much I miss my mother. Bits of her are still there. I miss her most when I'm sitting across from her.
    -- Candy Crowley

#Mother #Missing #Sitting

• Actually it was the mark of the stupid, which is what you get for sitting under a tree during a thunderstorm.
    -- Carl Hiaasen

#Stupid #Tree #Sitting

• Whenever I travel I like to keep the seat next to me empty. I found a great way to do it. When someone walks down the aisle and says to you, "Is someone sitting there?" just say, "No one except the Lord."
    -- Carol Leifer

#Travel #Sitting #Way

• Just because you're a different size doesn't mean you're sitting on the couch eating bonbons all day long watching TV.
    -- Carre Otis

#Mean #Long #Sitting

• I'm not sitting on a soapbox telling women what they should and shouldn't do, but I know what works for me.
    -- Cate Blanchett

#Sitting #Soapbox #Should

• What happened to the good old days of "Woman as passive recipient?" What happened to being courted? What happened to sitting back under a parasol and granting someone a chance to try to win us over?
    -- Cathy Guisewite

#Winning #Trying #Sitting

• If I don't work, I'll be sitting on the couch watching TV, eating popcorn and getting like a cow.
    -- Celia Cruz

#Watching Tv #Popcorn #Sitting

• I spent the whole evening sitting before a mirror to keep myself company.
    -- Cesare Pavese

#Mirrors #Sitting #Evening

• I can sit underneath the shed with all my family, my cousins, and everything, and just be like, "Yeah, this is what it's about - just sitting with people you love and hanging out."
    -- Channing Tatum

#Cousin #People #Sitting

• The world is on fire! Why am I sitting in front of my computer? It is because I don’t have a fire extinguisher for the world, and there isn’t a global 911 to call.
    -- Charles Eisenstein

#Fire #Sitting #World

• It's kind of pathetic actually that we are all sitting here talking about Forth. It is not the wave of the future. It's never been the wave of the future. It's not within our power to make it the wave of the future.
    -- Charles H. Moore

#Talking #Sitting #Language

• I'm pretty good at getting things out of the way, especially paperwork. I hate it sitting about, as it somehow weighs me down.
    -- Cherie Lunghi

#Hate #Sitting #Way

• That her relationship with him was like being content in a house but always sitting by the window and looking out
    -- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

#House #Sitting #Window

• Perhaps the window is not a sun but an asterisk, interrupting the grammar of the sky, with me sitting below it like a footnote.
    -- China Mieville

#Sky #Sitting #Sun

• You are sitting on the earth and you realize that this earth deserves you and you deserve this earth. You are there - fully, personally, genuinely.
    -- Chogyam Trungpa

#Sitting #Earth #Realizing

• No one ever accomplished anything great sitting down.
    -- Chris Hadfield

#Sitting Down #Sitting #Accomplished

• Whatever I'm already doing becomes enhanced when I smoke pot. It can also be demotivating, because if I'm not doing anything and I smoke a joint, it enhances just sitting in a chair. Then I don't even want to get up to change a record. That might not be a bad thing, but you have to get things done once in a while.
    -- Chrissie Hynde

#Sitting #Done #Records

• Unlike sitting at a computer screen, printing is very direct and hands-on.
    -- Christian Marclay

#Hands #Sitting #Computer

• It's good to get away from the editing suite. It's very unhealthy to be sitting in front of the screen for too long.
    -- Christian Marclay

#Editing #Long #Sitting

• My classroom is set up to accommodate the different types of assignments students do. Sitting at a single desk the entire class time just doesnt work for this type of class.
    -- Christine Taylor

#Class #Different #Sitting

• In that moment, there was no place for doubt. I was sitting with the supreme being. I had always sat beside her. She was inside of me.
    -- Christopher Pike

#God #Doubt #Sitting

• I believe that one can't command sitting on one's ***** in the rear.One has to up among the forward brigade commanders, even as far as battalion commanders, especially if one is fighting a defensive action. One simply has to know what is going on.
    -- Christopher Vokes

#Believe #Fighting #Sitting

• There was a stool there, and some fella kept asking me if I wanted to sit down. When I saw the stool sitting there, it gave me the idea. I'll just put the stool out there and I'll talk to Mr. Obama and ask him why he didn't keep all of the promises he made to everybody.
    -- Clint Eastwood

#Ideas #Promise #Sitting

• With the inevitability of a tongue returning to probe a painful tooth, we come back and back and back again to our fears, sitting to talk them over with the eagerness of a hungry man before a full and steaming plate.
    -- Clive Barker

#Men #Teeth #Sitting

• In certain ways I still feel like I'm finding my way. I feel pretty comfortable playing acoustic guitar and singing, but then I feel pretty good sitting on a reggae groove as well.
    -- Colin Hay

#Guitar #Singing #Sitting

• It is galling to see such mendacious hypocrites as Kennedy and Biden at the Senate Judiciary Committee sitting in judgment on distinguished jurists.
    -- Conrad Black

#Hypocrite #Sitting #Biden

• I was very happy sitting alone at a dining room table, writing a script.
    -- Conrad Hall

#Writing #Dining #Sitting

• Love is a pig dressed as a clown sitting in a bath full of beans: pretty much amazing, once you get over the shock.
    -- Craig Stone

#Love Is #Pigs #Sitting

• I'm very, very Spanish. I have fat cheeks on both ends. I'm sitting on my Spanish part. And it's my heart, the way I am, the way I speak. It has nothing to do with the way I look.
    -- Cristina Saralegui

#Heart #Looks #Sitting

• There’s something to be said about sitting in front of the TV and being removed from your own life and just pushed into another one.
    -- Crystal Reed

#Sitting #Tvs #Said

• I tried to pretend that I was sitting in the stands with a buddy watching the game - poking him in the ribs when something exciting happened.
    -- Curt Gowdy

#Games #Ribs #Sitting

• I feel like Cinderella sitting in the middle of the road with a pumpkin and a couple of mice, while Prince Charming charges off to rescue some other chick.
    -- Cynthia Hand

#Couple #Sitting #Pumpkin

• I'm a total theater junkie - whether I'm working on a stage or sitting in a seat. I am always looking for a great play and a great part to do.
    -- Cynthia Nixon

#Play #Sitting #Theater

• Why doesn't the past decently bury itself, instead of sitting waiting to be admired by the present?
    -- D. H. Lawrence

#Past #Waiting #Sitting

• And, I believe that if a man dies with a single penny still sitting in the bank, he's a fool.
    -- Dan Aykroyd

#Believe #Men #Sitting

• I simply felt alone, one leaf sitting miles away from a giant, communal pile.
    -- Dan Wells

#Giants #Sitting #Miles

• A good thing to do when one is sitting, eating, and resting is to have a conversation.
    -- Daniel Handler

#Sitting #Eating #Good Things