Cnn quotes

• They are scared that the BBC or CNN may call them radicals, so they remain soft instead. The problem lies there, with the Muslim leaders, not the Muslim masses.
    -- Abu Bakar Bashir

#Lying #Squash #Cnn

• I don't think you can shock an audience anymore. Me cutting my head off is a great illusion, but when you turn on CNN and there's a guy really getting his head cut off, it does dilute what I did.
    -- Alice Cooper

#Cutting #Thinking #Cnn

• When a big event happens, people turn on to CNN, not only because they know there will be people there covering an event on the ground, but because they know we're going to cover it in a way that's non-partisan, that's not left or right.
    -- Anderson Cooper

#Cnn #People #Events

• It's only because you can now watch cheerfully biased Fox News that you begin to realize how cheerlessly biased CNN really is - and always was. Or CBS. Or ABC. Or the BBC.
    -- Andrew Sullivan

#Cnn #Watches #News

• Go to Fox News for conservative, maybe go to msnbc for liberal, and be right here on CNN for the God's honest truth.
    -- Anthony Weiner

#Cnn #News #Foxes

• We worry about the seemingly ever-increasing number of natural catastrophes. Yet this is mainly a consequence of CNN - we see many more, but the number is roughly constant, and we manage to deal much better with them over time. Globally, the death rate from catastrophes has dropped about fifty-fold over the past century.
    -- Bjorn Lomborg

#Past #Numbers #Cnn

• Television has certain imperatives that CNN had the luxury of ignoring for a long period of time. CNN could take the position that the news would be the star, because in most of the programming day, they were the only all-news operation on the air.
    -- Brit Hume

#Stars #Luxury #Cnn

• The month of January, we were number one. Now, this is something we're proud of, because we recognize we're up against a formidable operation there at CNN.
    -- Brit Hume

#Numbers #Cnn #Literature

• You have to have pace, you have to have high production values, you have to have interesting graphics, and you have to have attractive people. CNN could afford not to be so obedient to those commands, and for a long time, it wasn't.
    -- Brit Hume

#Cnn #Long #People

• CNN is a more diverse brand. It's spread out over more products over there.
    -- Brit Hume

#Cnn #Spread #Diverse

• The image of how power shows itself to the public is important... CNN was an inspiration to do the project in color because power confirms itself through television... I thought it would be interesting to copy the same language. large color pictures are framed in heavy wooden frames with golden plates and hung slightly higher than normal. So viewers get a sore neck watching these events, this is also the case when looking at paintings of saints in cathedrals.
    -- Carl De Keyzer

#Inspiration #Cnn #Color

• When people - everyday people who watch the coverage on CNN of Anita Sarkeesian having to cancel a speaking engagement due to death threats - think of “gamers,” they are going to think of you, and that irritates me. It enrages me. I want to punch down a wall, and I like my walls. They're nicely painted.
    -- Chris Kluwe

#Wall #Thinking #Cnn

• We were thrilled and we were privileged to be part of a revolution, because make no mistake about it, Ted Turner changed the world with CNN.
    -- Christiane Amanpour

#Mistake #Cnn #World

• But 17 years ago, I arrived at CNN with a suitcase, with my bicycle, and with about 100 dollars.
    -- Christiane Amanpour

#Years #Cnn #Dollars

• I leave CNN with the utmost respect, love and admiration for the company and everyone who works here. This has been my family and shared endeavor for the past 27 years, and I am forever grateful and proud of all that we have accomplished.
    -- Christiane Amanpour

#Grateful #Past #Cnn

• We're going to develop - what we want to do is to provide the viewers with what they want from CNN and that is the news. So when people tune in, they'll get the latest news, but they'll also get the biggest story of the day in depth, as CNN does so well
    -- Connie Chung

#Cnn #People #Depth

• Today, especially, when there are so many stations for viewers to choose from, if they want news, they always come to CNN and that's where I wanted to be
    -- Connie Chung

#Cnn #News #Want

• But, you know, sometimes - many - they all understand. That's the nice thing. They were all very happy for me and they understand why I decided to come to CNN. So in that respect, I know that they think it's the best thing for me to do
    -- Connie Chung

#Nice #Thinking #Cnn

• With the exception of the New York Times, Fox news, and Lou Dobbs of CNN, and talk radio, the rest of the mainstream media has basically been silenced like a bunch of dumb monkeys.
    -- Curt Weldon

#New York #Media #Cnn

• Occasionally I'll watch Fox News for as long as I can tolerate it, or CNN. I'll watch until I get infuriated, but you got to know what they're talking about and what they're not talking about.
    -- David Cross

#Talking #Cnn #Long

• When there was a disaster, it used to be that people went to church and all held hands. Now the minute anything happens they run to CNN.
    -- Don Hewitt

#Running #Hands #Cnn

• People think that there is a country there that these people are only around when they are on CNN. I don't think that's limited to Haiti.
    -- Edwidge Danticat

#Country #Thinking #Cnn

• Believe it or not, I got into the charismatic, shady, sly heart of Sedgewick Bell by watching CNN and C-SPAN.
    -- Emile Hirsch

#Believe #Heart #Cnn

• I try to read all news sources - not just CNN or FOX, but worldwide papers and journals, to get opinions from every end of the spectrum - and then I like to try to find out the cut and dried facts - and go from there.
    -- Eric Stoltz

#Cutting #Cnn #Trying

• CNN is getting smarter, and you can feel it in the stories, you can feel it in the depth with which they're covered, the kinds of people in terms of guests who are brought on air, the way in which issues are discussed.
    -- Fareed Zakaria

#Air #Issues #Cnn

• The people who watch Fox are not going to watch CNN. You know, lets be honest.
    -- Fareed Zakaria

#Cnn #People #Watches

• Good journalism is crucial. Good journalism isn't easy so I think it's less about what story and more about the layers and context that need to be explored in the story. That's one of the reasons why I'm excited to be a part of CNN. This is the kind of place that you can do that.
    -- George Stroumboulopoulos

#Thinking #Cnn #Needs

• People often ask why I left CNN - I didn't like management. I liked my colleagues in the news gathering but the corporate culture that seized management when AOL came in (Steve Case and Gerry Levin) was disgusting.
    -- Greta Van Susteren

#Cnn #People #Gathering

• The AP has only so many reporters, and CNN only has so many cameras, but we've got a world full of people with digital cameras and Internet access.
    -- Howard Rheingold

#Cnn #People #Cameras

• I get really frustrated during a crisis when I go through all the cable channels and find - very often with the exception of CNN - that I'm not watching news at all. You think, 'Well, God... there are talk shows, talk shows, talk shows and everyone is an expert!
    -- Howard Stringer

#Thinking #Cnn #Frustrated

• CNN said that after the war, there is a plan to divide Iraq into three parts: regular, premium and unleaded.
    -- Jay Leno

#War #Cnn #Iraq

• Tonight was the CNN primary debate with the four remaining candidates. It was kind of a change for Newt Gingrich. Usually when he's arguing with three people at once, it's his wife, his ex-wife, and his mistress.
    -- Jay Leno

#Cnn #People #Wife

• I'm very committed to and interested in CNN's journalism and our magazines and our movie studio, not just HBO, where I grew up. But I do have a fondness for subscription television.
    -- Jeffrey Bewkes

#Hbo #Cnn #Magazines

• I'm liberal, but I watch the three majors. Obviously I watch MSNBC, also CNN and Fox, which is what I would call ridiculously to the right.
    -- Jerry Springer

#Cnn #Watches #Three

• I can watch CNN on television or the Internet to find out what happened in Hong Kong ten minutes ago. After all, it doesn't matter where something is made, we're all part of the same big family now.
    -- Jet Li

#Cnn #Matter #Hong Kong

• At CNN, our view is that good journalism equals good business.
    -- Jim C. Walton

#Views #Cnn #Journalism

• Since I arrived at CNN, it has grown into one of the largest and most trusted news organizations in the world.
    -- Jim C. Walton

#Organization #Cnn #News

• CNN was one of the first news organizations in the world to train and equip its journalists before deploying them to dangerous areas.
    -- Jim C. Walton

#Organization #Cnn #News

• CNN can still afford 36 bureaus around the world.
    -- Jim C. Walton

#Cnn #World #Around The World

• It's not about 'NBC is evil.' It's about that media structure - CBS, ABC, CNN, even some of the smaller operations are now multinationals, with these extraordinarily diverse holdings.
    -- Keith Olbermann

#Nbc #Media #Cnn

• I was first to break the news about the death of Lady Diana. The CNN team couldn't get into makeup fast enough.
    -- Matt Drudge

#Team #Makeup #Cnn

• When you watch CNN and they're giving you news based on tweets that people are sending out, you realize that society is really changing. The collective public have a really big voice that they didn't previously have, and they're influencing the trajectory of how we are socially with one another.
    -- Megan Fox

#Voice #Cnn #Giving

• For me, at the French Open, if I wasn't playing my match I was glued to CNN watching the events unfold.
    -- Michael Chang

#Cnn #Events

• Fox would hire me in a minute. And believe it or not, CNN would, too.
    -- Michael Savage

#Believe #Cnn #Foxes

• There's nothing good on the news. You're not telling me CNN is all cats in trees, are you? Nothing can be that good if Piers Morgan is in it, you know what I mean?
    -- Noel Gallagher

#Mean #Cat #Cnn

• Is it shocking that it's very difficult for a news organization to do news in America now? It's not shocking because we're a culture that doesn't want news. We want entertainment. We want info-tainment. That's why CNN is having problems.
    -- Oprah Winfrey

#Organization #America #Cnn

• I'm a big fan of CNN. I watched it from the beginning.
    -- Peter Jennings

#Cnn #Fans #Bigs

• I get all of my comedy from CNN.
    -- Rob Corddry

#Cnn #Comedy

• Every morning I have been looking at CNN to see if there is any reason for hope . I see a few large and impressive peace protests here and there around the world, but mostly I see empty robot faces monotonously reciting the magic incantations, "We must support the President" and "We must support our troops", both of which mean the killing must continue.
    -- Robert Anton Wilson

#Morning #Mean #Cnn

• CNN canceled all the shows I was on. They're going in a different direction, but that's their privilege. They own the business.
    -- Robert Novak

#Cnn #Mind Your Own Business #Privilege

• Well, except for ABC, CBS, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, New York Times, the Washington Post, and about another 100 newspapers, I find little evidence of liberal bias in the media.
    -- Rupert Murdoch

#New York #Media #Cnn

• CNN is pretty consistently on the left, if you look at their choice of stories, what they play up. It's not what they say. It's what they highlight.
    -- Rupert Murdoch

#Play #Cnn #Choices

• I am amazed that CNN can't get its act together.
    -- Rupert Murdoch

#Cnn #Together #Amazed

• I remember back in the day when Chuck D called hip-hop the 'black people's CNN.' Well now, hip-hop is more like Fox News. It's biased, and highly suspect.
    -- Saul Williams

#Cnn #People #Hip Hop

• I made a lot of money. I earned a lot of money with CNN and satellite and cable television. And you can't really spend large sums of money, intelligently, on buying things. So I thought the best thing I could do was put some of that money back to work - making an investment in the future of humanity.
    -- Ted Turner

#Cnn #Humanity #Television

• I'm 68 and a half years old; I grew up with newspapers; I love newspapers; I love the news business. I started CNN; I'm a journalist and proud of it.
    -- Ted Turner

#Years #Cnn #News

• I love CNN. I love the Cartoon Network. I mean, I thought these things up.
    -- Ted Turner

#Mean #Cnn #Cartoon

• When I started 'CNN,' I made the decision to stay out of endorsing candidates, and let the doers make up their own minds about politics, that it wasn't going to come from me.
    -- Ted Turner

#Cnn #Decision #Mind

• When I was a publisher of CNN, I took responsibility for the actions of the network.
    -- Ted Turner

#Responsibility #Cnn #Action

• My mother was married to one of the greatest newsmen of all times. CNN was built out of his idealism and his recognition that, in a global age, we needed greater understanding of the world around us.
    -- Troy Garity

#Mother #Cnn #Understanding

• I don't know. Maybe we're all chaos theorists. Lovers of pattern and predictability, we're scared shitless of explosive change. But we're fascinated by it, too. Drawn to it. Travelers tap their brakes to ogle the mutilation and mangled metal on the side of the interstate, and the traffic backs up for miles. Hijacked planes crash into skyscrapers, breached levees drown a city, and CNN and the networks rush to the scene so that we can all sit in front of our TVs and feast on the footage. Stare, stunned, at the pandemonium--the devils let loose from their cages.
    -- Wally Lamb

#Cities #Cnn #Devil

• Well, it came from the White House, it came from people around the White House. It came from all over. I got a call on 9/11. I was on CNN, and I got a call at my home saying, 'You got to say this is connected. This is state-sponsored terrorism. This has to be connected to Saddam Hussein.
    -- Wesley Clark

#Home #White #Cnn

• Now we have food networks and everything. CNN was the beginning of all of that.
    -- Will Ferrell

#Cnn #Food Network

• I think that especially in the U.S. there's this kind of sensationalizing of news - and making it almost like CNN and stuff are entertainment networks.
    -- Andrew VanWyngarden

#Thinking #Cnn #News

• CNN has a thing called You Choose the News. Y'know what CNN? I'm turning you on because I don't know the news. I was hoping you could help me.
    -- Andy Kindler

#Cnn #News #Helping

• This batch [emails hacked from a top Hillary Clinton aide] shows [Donna] Brazile gave the [Hillary] Clinton campaign advance warning of questions the candidate might be asked at CNN events.
    -- Ari Shapiro

#Cnn #Email #Events

• CNN says Donna Brazile, the chairwoman of the Democratic National Committee, will no longer be a political commentator for the network. This comes after WikiLeaks posted more emails hacked from a top Hillary Clinton aide.
    -- Ari Shapiro

#Cnn #Political #Email

• According to a CNN poll, Trump nearly doubled his support from March. Actually, he just combed his March numbers over his current ones.
    -- Conan O'Brien

#Numbers #Cnn #Support

• A new study has found that watching Fox News can make you more conservative and watching MSNBC can make you more liberal. And watching CNN can make you think that no plane has ever safely reached its destination.
    -- Conan O'Brien

#Thinking #Cnn #Make You Think

• The paid Trump surrogates help CNN keep his supporters engaged with their shows, but it also sends their own reporters busy chasing after many of their false claims. That's not a virtuous news cycle. It's an insidious one.
    -- David Folkenflik

#Cnn #News #Helping

• CNN stands to make a hundred million dollars more than it's expected lift for the election cycle, due to the phenomenon that is Donald Trump.
    -- David Folkenflik

#Cnn #Dollars #Election

• My first introduction to fashion probably came through television: I was obsessed with Elsa Klensch, who used to cover fashion for CNN.
    -- Erdem Moral?oglu

#Fashion #Cnn #Firsts

• CNN is not fake news.
    -- Jolene Ivey

#Cnn #Fake #News

• I don't think CNN is 'fake news.' I think there are some reports everywhere, in print, on TV, on radio, in conversation, that are not well-researched and are sometimes based on falsehoods.
    -- Kellyanne Conway

#Thinking #Cnn #Fake

• You don't want to talk about the fact that Hillary Clinton defended a rapist successfully, and I want everybody to remember the name Kathy Shelton. She deserves a hearing. I know CNN did not want to put her on CNN the other night when she was in the debate hall. I thought it was incredibly courageous and brave of her to be there.
    -- Kellyanne Conway

#Night #Names #Cnn

• I've all venture a guess as we saw a lot of those executives going in for the viewers, we saw a bunch of Fox News executives going in there. We saw Jeff Zucker president of CNN standing there, just in case you don't know those faces. So there was all of muckety-mucks from all of the media, cable, broadcast, you name it.What is fairness to [Donald] Trump? With President-elect Trump?
    -- Kellyanne Conway

#Cnn #Media #Names

• I watch CNN, it's so much anger and hatred and just the hatred.
    -- Kevin Drum

#Cnn #Hatred #Watches

• As CNN saw our growth in African-American viewership, they affirmed a fundamental truth of news coverage - people will watch you if they see themselves in what you report. It doesn't hurt if the people doing the reporting look like them, too.
    -- Soledad O'Brien

#Hurt #Cnn #People

• The Mars Rover sent back stunning photos [last week] indicating the past presence of water. The pictures show tiny splotches of blue on the Red Planet. The other theory is that the satellite dish on the rover accidentally picked up CNN's election coverage.
    -- Argus Hamilton

#Past #Blue #Cnn

• In a Time/CNN poll of 1,000 Americans conducted last week by Yankelovich Partners, two-thirds said it was more important to protect the privacy of phone calls than to preserve the ability of police to conduct wiretaps. When informed about the Clipper Chip, 80% said they opposed it.
    -- Philip Elmer-DeWitt

#Cnn #Phones #Two

• Louisville, Colorado, which was just voted by CNN and Money magazine as the best place to live, is a veritable Whitopia that is unaffected by the housing crisis and even the severe recession. You look at the best places to live, according to Money's 2009 list, and 9 of the 10 are Whitopias.
    -- Richard Benjamin

#Cnn #Colorado #Louisville

• Have you seen U2's live show? It's boring as hell. It's like watching CNN.
    -- Sharon Osbourne

#Cnn #Hell #Boring