Hipster quotes

• A guilty conscience needs to confess. A work of art is a confession.
    -- Albert Camus

#Art #Hipster #Needs

• But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin.
    -- Aldous Huxley

#Hipster #Real #Brave New World

• I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving hysterical naked, dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of the night.
    -- Allen Ginsberg

#Hipster #Night #Mind

• I'm definitely not a muscle builder or a guy that's interested in being a muscle builder. It feels good to get back down to a normal size. Not like a hipster size or a buff-guy size, but just a normal, 34-waist guy.
    -- Anthony Mackie

#Hipster #Guy #Feel Good

• Speak softly, but carry a big can of paint.
    -- Banksy

#Hipster #Graffiti #Speak

• Get out of my dreams, get into my car.
    -- Billy Ocean

#Dream #Hipster #Car

• All men's miseries derive from not being able to sit in a quiet room alone.
    -- Blaise Pascal

#Inspirational #Peace #Hipster

• If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
    -- Carl Sagan

#Inspirational #Nature #Hipster

• I'm always at the opposite end of the spectrum, the opposite of hipster culture, and I enjoy that.
    -- Chad Kroeger

#Hipster #Opposites #Culture

• Boring damned people. All over the earth. Propagating more boring damned people. What a horror show. The earth swarmed with them.
    -- Charles Bukowski

#Life #Hipster #People

• I want a guy who is masculine, good with his hands and able to build stuff and who has survival skills. Facial hair is a big turn-on. Most of the kids I hang out with in New York are hipster arty types, but I like a stronger, more physically imposing man - like a lumberjack.
    -- Chloe Sevigny

#New York #Hipster #Kids

• The 'Hipster Nerds' like stuff because they hate it. It's like they ironically like it.
    -- Chris Hardwick

#Hate #Hipster #Nerd

• Violence is my last option.
    -- Chuck Norris

#Hipster #Lasts #Violence

• Hipsters seek refuge in church, Our Lady of Perpetual Subculture. There is some discussion as to whether or not they are still cool but then they are calmed by the obscure location and the arrival of their kind. Keep the address to yourself, let the rabble fund it themselves. Wow, this crappy performance art is really making me feel no so terrible about my various emotional issues.
    -- Colson Whitehead

#Art #Hipster #Emotional

• it's gonna hurt because it matters.
    -- David Levithan

#Hurt #Hipster #Matter

• I'm very hip-oriented. I focus on hips in my comedy - probably more than any other hipster comic who is out there hipping today. My hips, other hips. I work with my hips a great deal. That is what I do. But not in a gay way.
    -- Demetri Martin

#Hipster #Gay #Focus

• I would like a ship for the hips, please. Ships and hips. Hipsters to stir with their hips on the hip ships. And, of course, hips. Yeah, hip. That's me. I also like sips. I'm a slow drinker. A sipster. I'm a sipster hipster comedian. Yeah, sips. But more hips. Hip, hipster, hip star, hiptard. Definitely.
    -- Demetri Martin

#Stars #Hipster #Comedian

• I myself identify as a recovering Blockhead. You'd be surprised how many twenty- and thirty-something hipster chicks have the NKOTB skeleton in their closet, albeit artfully concealed by stacks of Ksubi skinny jeans and ironic Judas Priest T-shirts.
    -- Diablo Cody

#Hipster #Skeletons #Jeans

• Typography is what language looks like.
    -- Ellen Lupton

#Hipster #Looks #Language

• The visionary is the only realist.
    -- Federico Fellini

#Hipster #Visionaries #Realist

• He was one of the numerous and varied legion of dullards, of half-animated abortions, conceited, half-educated coxcombs, who attach themselves to the idea most in fashion only to vulgarize it and who caricature every cause they serve, however sincerely.
    -- Fyodor Dostoevsky

#Fashion #Hipster #Conceited

• I've always found that word [“hipster”] is used with such disdain, like it's always used by chubby bloggers who aren't getting laid anymore and are bored, and they're just so mad at these young kids for going out and getting wasted and having fun and being fashionable,
    -- Gavin McInnes

#Fun #Hipster #Kids

• Vulnerability is beautiful to me. There might be a need to fabricate your own beauty paradigms. I guess I never quite bought into any kind of 'standard'.
    -- Hedi Slimane

#Beautiful #Hipster #Needs

• We have a strategic plan. It's called 'doing things'.
    -- Herb Kelleher

#Hipster #Plans

• The Beat Generation, that was a vision that we had, John Clellon Holmes and I, and Allen Ginsberg in an even wilder way, in the late forties, of a generation of crazy, illuminated hipsters suddenly rising and roaming America, serious, bumming and hitchhiking everywhere, ragged, beatific, beautiful in an ugly graceful new way.
    -- Jack Kerouac

#Beautiful #Hipster #Crazy

• Nashville has always felt perfect. I don't think Third Man Records could exist in any other town that I know of in America. Anything smaller or larger than the size of Nashville, and also the music - the attention that's paid to music in that town is sort of the right kind. It's not too hipster and it's not too fake; it's something in the middle, which is really good ground for a place like Third Man Records, that aims to be genre-less. It's great to be able to have that kind of access.
    -- Jack White

#Hipster #Men #Thinking

• Sometimes skulls are thick. Sometimes hearts are vacant. Sometimes words don't work.
    -- James Frey

#Hipster #Heart #Skulls

• Part of growing up is not waiting in line at a hipster breakfast restaurant. The eggs taste the same across the street. I promise.
    -- Jason Segel

#Growing Up #Hipster #Eggs

• Spontaneous kindness is to hipsters as high beams are to deer.
    -- Jeph Jacques

#Kindness #Hipster #Deer

• It is so hard to leave—until you leave. And then it is the easiest ***** thing in the world.
    -- John Green

#Inspirational #Life #Hipster

• The world may be broken, but hope is not crazy.
    -- John Green

#Hipster #Crazy #Broken

• The town was paper, but the memories were not.
    -- John Green

#Memories #Hipster #Paper

• When I look at my room, I see a girl who loves books.
    -- John Green

#Girl #Hipster #Book

• What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person.
    -- John Green

#Life #Hipster #Believe

• There is no Them. There are only facets of Us.
    -- John Green

#Hipster #Poverty #Facets

• I try to live life so that I can live with myself.
    -- John Green

#Hipster #Live Life #Trying

• I may die young, but at least I'll die smart.
    -- John Green

#Hipster #Smart #May

• What matters to you defines your mattering.
    -- John Green

#Hipster #What Matters #Matter

• The rules of capitalization are so unfair to words in the middle of a sentence.
    -- John Green

#Hipster #Unfair #Middle

• All those paper people living in their paper houses, burning the future to stay warm.
    -- John Green

#Hipster #People #House

• She was not an adventure, she was not a fine and precious thing. She was a girl.
    -- John Green

#Girl #Hipster #Adventure

• As long as we don't die, this is gonna be one hell of a story.
    -- John Green

#Hipster #Long #Stories

• I didn’t need you, you idiot. I picked you. And then you picked me back.
    -- John Green

#Hipster #Needs #Idiot

• We just did an awesome job of not dying.
    -- John Green

#Jobs #Hipster #Dying

• And then something invisible snapped insider her, and that which had come together commenced to fall apart.
    -- John Green

#Wise #Hipster #Fall

• At some point, you gotta stop looking up at the sky, or one of these days you'll look back down and see that you floated away, too.
    -- John Green

#Life #Hipster #Sky

• To be human is to catch the falling person.
    -- John Green

#Hipster #Fall #Humans

• They love their hair because they're not smart enough to love something more interesting.
    -- John Green

#Funny #Hipster #Smart

• I'm not saying that everything is survivable. Just that everything except the last thing is.
    -- John Green

#Hipster #Inspiration #Lasts

• If you don't imagine, nothing ever happens at all.
    -- John Green

#Motivational #Hipster #Imagine

• You are so busy being YOU that you have no idea how utterly unprecedented you are.
    -- John Green

#Inspirational #Hipster #Ideas

• What you must understand about me is that I’m a deeply unhappy person.
    -- John Green

#Hipster #Sadness #Unhappy

• Our fearlessness shall be our secret weapon.
    -- John Green

#Graduation #Hipster #Secret

• I don't write music for critics or hipsters.  I write for me.
    -- John Rzeznik

#Hipster #Writing #Critics

• Life is nothing if you're not obsessed.
    -- John Waters

#Hipster #Life Is #Obsessed

• When I see hipsters wearing Mao hats or Lenin T-shirts, I'm grateful. It's like truth-in-labeling. For now I know you are: Woefully ignorant, morally stunted, purposively asinine, or all three.
    -- Jonah Goldberg

#Hipster #Grateful #Ignorant

• I write to give myself strength. I write to be the characters that I am not. I write to explore all the things I'm afraid of.
    -- Joss Whedon

#Hipster #Writing #Character

• My dad was a big fan of comedy. He wanted to be a stand-up. He loved Lenny [Bruce]. He also loved Lord Buckley and jazz and stuff. He was a hipster. My parents were kind of beatnik-y, you know, for Salt Lake City. But my humor, I think, came from wanting to disarm people before they hit me.
    -- Judd Apatow

#Dad #Hipster #Thinking

• Rather be dead than cool.
    -- Kurt Cobain

#Hipster #Truthful

• Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round & wet & crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies-God damn it, you've got to be kind.
    -- Kurt Vonnegut

#Summer #Baby #Hipster

• I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.
    -- Kurt Vonnegut

#Hipster #Religion #Different

• Here we are, trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.
    -- Kurt Vonnegut

#Time #Hipster #Amber

• But I'd say 'How to Make It in America' is the most accurate depiction of the New York hipster community on television for sure.
    -- Lake Bell

#New York #Hipster #America

• The glow dies down, and she's standing at the end of my bed--the one who's been following me around leaving feather messages. I take in the torn fishnets, plaid mini-kilt, shiny, riveted breastplate with leather straps at the sides and a worn Great Temolo decal near the left shoulder. Her wings are a crazy black-and-white-checkered pattern, like they've been spray-painted at a body shop to look like hipster sneakers.
    -- Libba Bray

#Hipster #Crazy #Black And White

• I ain’t no hipster, but girl I can make your hips stir.
    -- Mac Miller

#Girl #Hipster #Hips

• The pride of the hipster food movement is sort of annoying, but it fascinates me.
    -- Matt Stone

#Hipster #Pride #Movement

• I see no greatness in my self...I'm a simple-minded, child-like, insipid sort of moronic and kind of akward feeling adolescent.
    -- Neal Cassady

#Children #Hipster #Simple

• I don't know the difference between a hippie and a hipster but, it's fun to watch either one of them get beat up.
    -- Norm MacDonald

#Fun #Hipster #Hippie

• I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.
    -- Oscar Wilde

#Funny #Clever #Hipster

• Eh. Hipster's not really a thing anymore. Plus, hipster or out of touch old dude? Same uniform really...
    -- Patrick Stump

#Hipster #Uniforms #Plus

• Every hero becomes a bore at last.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

#Motivational #Badass #Hipster

• Being a philosopher, I have a problem for every solution.
    -- Robert Zend

#Hipster #Philosopher #Problem

• Literature + Illness = Illness
    -- Roberto Bolano

#Hipster #Literature #Illness

• I don't do drugs. I am drugs.
    -- Salvador Dali

#Life #Hipster #Epic

• It feels like a perfect night, to dress up like hipsters, and make fun of our exes.
    -- Taylor Swift

#Fun #Hipster #Night

• In small towns, bored teenagers turn their eyes longingly to the exciting doings in the big cities, pining for urban amenities like hipster bars and farmers' markets and indie-rock festivals. Like everyone else, they want the vibrant and they will not be denied.
    -- Thomas Frank

#Hipster #Teenager #Eye

• Nobody hates hipsters more than hipsters.
    -- Tim Heidecker

#Hate #Hipster

• Kids on the Youtube, learning how to be cool.
    -- Toby Keith

#Hipster #Kids #Youtube

• I'm beat to the square, and square to the beat, and that's my vocation.
    -- William Everson

#Hipster #Squares #Beats

• Civilization begins with distillation
    -- William Faulkner

#Hipster #Civilization #Alcohol

• Every man has inside himself a parasitic being who is acting not at all to his advantage.
    -- William S. Burroughs

#Hipster #Men #Acting

• If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans.
    -- Woody Allen

#Life #Laughter #Hipster

• I sued American Apparel because they calculatingly took my name, my likeness and image and used them publicly to promote their business.
    -- Woody Allen

#Hipster #Names #Apparel

• Hip-hop music, in my opinion, is still very closed-minded, and if you're trying to do something that's too different, you get categorized as trying to do some kind of "alternative hipster" thing.
    -- Alexander Spit

#Hipster #Trying #Different

• Well, it's sort of funny to try and get that balance between just accepting the reality of my friend [co-star Satya Bhabha] flying in from the ceiling of the theatre and like starting to do a dance with demon hipster chicks. It's like, so how do we react when he throws fireballs? Are we surprised? Does this happen a lot?
    -- Alison Pill

#Stars #Hipster #Reality

• I remember first seeing Barney Kessel, in the 1940s, standing on the corner of Hollywood and Vine, in his cowboy boots, sun glasses and hipster threads, holding his guitar case man, you just knew that cat could wail!'
    -- Anita O'Day

#Hipster #Cat #Men

• I'm not incredibly hipster. I wasn't cool enough to handle it.
    -- Ashley Hinshaw

#Hipster #Enough #Handle

• I can't be one of those hipster guys with a beard when I have a hair campaign. I strive to look a little bit more... all-American.
    -- C. J. Wilson

#Hipster #Hair #Guy

• I have problems with the word lo-fi, because it's sort of like the term "hipster" in the way that it's used to describe things. It's kind of almost always used as a derogatory term, in the same way that "hipster" is.
    -- Cassie Ramone

#Hipster #Kind #Problem

• Kids today are sold so much, by corporations and media and commercials and advertising and music videos, that I do. A lot of times, they retain that stuff and wear it, and that's the concept of a hipster. It's about owning it and redefining it, on your own level. It's a way of retaining control and meaning, in a world where you're being told to think in a certain way.
    -- Joseph M. Kahn

#Hipster #Kids #Thinking

• My theory is that the only people who hate hipsters are hipsters.
    -- Kemp Muhl

#Hate #Hipster #People

• My theory is that the only people who hate hipsters are hipsters. Where I come from my friends and family don't even know what they are. The only people that talk about hipsters are hipsters.
    -- Kemp Muhl

#Hate #Hipster #People

• I'm not interested in the being the next indie hipster scene or in how skinny my jeans can be. That's not my thing. I'm interested in arenas. That was the magic of the music I grew up listening to. Being a rocknroll front man is all I've ever wanted since I was 10 years old. I give it everything I have.
    -- Matthew Mayfield

#Hipster #Men #Giving

• It's tragic that extremists co-opt the notion of God, and that hipsters and artists reject spirituality out of hand. I don't have a fixed idea of God. But I feel that it's us - the messed-up, the half-crazy, the burning, the questing - that need God, a lot more than the goody-two-shoes do.
    -- Mike Doughty

#Hipster #Artist #Spirituality

• They literally have what they would call "a four-quadrant" movie that they could just release at any moment. Parents want to go there, kids want to go there, hipsters want to go there. It's like everyone will want to see it.
    -- Nicholas Stoller

#Hipster #Kids #Parent

• I live in East Hollywood which is sort of the end of the grit, butting up against Silverlake and Los Feliz which are the refined gentrified hipster zones, which I tend to appreciate when I need to get coffee, but I like living in the grit. I like feeling separate from that elitist civilization in some way, even though I don't really "belong" in the grit either. But I do spend more than half my time now in the desert which is really nice - to be off the grid, remembering that the world is bigger than the city streets.
    -- Ottessa Moshfegh

#Hipster #Nice #Coffee

• I want to say that what is cool about writing self-aware first person narrative is that the awareness is not necessarily the same awareness of the reader. I have a story coming out in the Paris Review and it's about a hipster. He think's he's self-aware, he's very introspective and analytical, but when you're reading it you can totally see through his self-analysis because you have a higher awareness than he does. I like playing with that too.
    -- Ottessa Moshfegh

#Hipster #Reading #Writing

• I glean a few times a week, and it's all about the subject line. I look for the lyrical, "Billowy Red Scarf Girl" or the funny, "Hipster Chick Who Passed Gas," the unintentionally funny, "Looking for the Hot Girl in Pink Dress," ones that immediately suggest images, "Furry Arms Under a Yellow Umbrella," or the plain odd, "Seeking Girl Who Bit Me Twice..." I don't think I've ever abandoned one... the images usually arrive fully formed in my head as soon as I read the message, and I decide whether to draw it or not.
    -- Sophie Blackall

#Girl #Hipster #Thinking

• You got this new breed of hipster chicks and hipster men that don't understand anything about sacrifice. They didn't lay it on the line. People like Cat Power, Tom Waits, they are the last of the beats, the real true philosophers.
    -- Willis Earl Beal

#Hipster #Real #Cat

• If a fan comes up and it is a middle-aged lady, it is probably from 'Prime'; if it is a younger girl, it is probably from when I guest-starred on 'One Tree Hill.' And if it is, like, a skateboard kid or a hipster kid, I can tell they are 'How to Make It' fans.
    -- Bryan Greenberg

#Girl #Hipster #Kids