Single quotes

• Whoever starts out toward the unknown must consent to venture alone.
    -- Andre Gide

#Single #Being Single #Venture

• Better to be quirky alone than unhappy together.
    -- Anita Hamilton

#Single #Quirky #Unhappy

• Single gals aren't all a bunch of Bridget Joneses, desperate for love.
    -- Anita Hamilton

#Single #Love Is #Desperate

• There is a lot of relief for daters who are serious about wanting to be in a relationship. This comes in the form of what appears to be dramatic changes like speed dating and Internet dating.
    -- April Masini

#Single #Dating #Serious

• He is his own best friend and takes delight in privacy whereas the man of no virtue or ability is his own worst enemy and is afraid of solitude.
    -- Aristotle

#Single #Men #Solitude

• I think it can be fun to be single and date like when you don't want a relationship. Or when you've just gotten out of a relationship, and, after get over the initial shock, you're thinking, hey, it's kind of cool being single.
    -- Breckin Meyer

#Relationship #Single #Fun

• Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.
    -- Brian Tracy

#Change #Single #Moving

• Some people are settling down, some people are settling and some people refuse to settle for anything less than butterflies.
    -- Candace Bushnell

#Love #Single #Butterfly

• One of the greatest necessities in America is to discover creative solitude.
    -- Carl Sandburg

#Single #America #Creative

• I would be married, but I'd have no wife, I would be married to a single life.
    -- Charles Bukowski

#Marriage #Single #Wedding

• The trouble is not that I am single and likely to stay single, but that I am lonely and likely to stay lonely.
    -- Charlotte Bronte

#Single #Lonely #Loneliness

• I want out of the labels. I don't want my whole life crammed into a single word. A story. I want to find something else, unknowable, some place to be that's not on the map. A real adventure.' A spinx. A mystery. A blank. Unknown. Undefined.
    -- Chuck Palahniuk

#Single #Real #Adventure

• There's only one way to have a happy marriage and as soon as I learn what it is I'll get married again.
    -- Clint Eastwood

#Marriage #Single #Learning

• I may climb perhaps to no great heights, but I will climb alone.
    -- Cyrano de Bergerac

#Single #Hiking #May

• A great revolution in just one single individual will help achieve a change in the destiny of a society and, further, will enable a change in the destiny of humankind.
    -- Daisaku Ikeda

#Life #Single #Peace

• There is a restless kind of consumer shopping for partners, as if the "right one" can be found by totting up a potential mate's pluses and minuses until the number of pluses matches some mythical standards.
    -- Deepak Chopra

#Single #Shopping #Numbers

• I don't like to be labeled as lonely just because I am alone.
    -- Delta Burke

#Single #Lonely #Being Alone

• When we cannot bear to be alone, it means we do not properly value the only companion we will have from birth to death-ourselves.
    -- Eda LeShan

#Single #Mean #Bears

• Conversation enriches the understanding, but solitude is the school of genius.
    -- Edward Gibbon

#Single #Wisdom #Loneliness

• The first of earthly blessings, independence.
    -- Edward Gibbon

#Single #Blessing #Independence

• A human being is a single being. Unique and unrepeatable.
    -- Eileen Caddy

#Single #Being Single #Unique

• Learning to enjoy being single involves the ability to experience everything through your own essence, instead of living vicariously through a spouse or partner.
    -- Ernie J Zelinski

#Single #Essence #Partners

• When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere.
    -- Francois de La Rochefoucauld

#Inspirational #Single #Peace

• I'm dating a woman now who, evidently, is unaware of it.
    -- Garry Shandling

#Single #Funny Love #Being Single

• I'm too shy to express my sexual needs except over the phone to people I don't know.
    -- Garry Shandling

#Single #Phones #People

• I knew I could not live my life around a husband, now would I want a husband to live his life around me. Of course, there are any number of variations in marital relationships between those extremes. But there is always a need for spouses to change their behaviors or habits to suit each other. I have always been set in my ways and did not fancy changing my behavior or lifestyle.
    -- Geraldine Lee Wei Ling

#Single #Husband #Numbers

• I am 54 years old and happily single. In addition to my nuclear family, I have a close circle of friends. Most of my friends are men. But my reputation is such that their female partners would never consider me a threat.
    -- Geraldine Lee Wei Ling

#Single #Men #Years

• If you are blessed, you are blessed, whether you are married or single.
    -- Greta Garbo

#Single #Blessed #Being Single

• You don't need strength to let go of something. What you really need is understanding.
    -- Guy Finley

#Single #Letting Go #Understanding

• I'm single again and I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm loving it at the moment. This is what I've been missing.
    -- Guy Ritchie

#Single #Missing #Way

• Singleness would be recognized as a vital stage of the journey to maturation, a time to learn about who we are, to learn responsibility and self-sufficiency, to identify our true desires, and to confront our inner strengths and demons.
    -- Harville Hendrix

#Single #Responsibility #Journey

• Many divorced or widowed people do with their singleness what they should have done before they married for the first time: live alone, find their own rhythms, date a variety of people, go into therapy, develop new friends and interests, learn how to live with and care for themselves.
    -- Harville Hendrix

#Single #People #Done

• I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.
    -- Helen Keller

#Inspirational #Life #Single

• When two people decide to get a divorce, it isn't a sign that they 'don't understand' one another, but a sign that they have, at last, begun to.
    -- Helen Rowland

#Marriage #Single #Divorce

• Nothing is more precious than independence and liberty.
    -- Ho Chi Minh

#Single #Being Single #Independence

• Keep your heart right, even when it is sorely wounded.
    -- J. C. Macaulay

#Single #Being Single #Heart

• When I think about it like that, it feels like a burden. But that won't mean I'll be single for the rest of my life - I hope. I feel very settled with myself in my world. I don't feel as needy and desperate to prove things about myself. In my twenties I was very keen to achieve this and disprove this and that. Now I enjoy just being able to concentrate on my children and my work and myself.
    -- Jude Law

#Single #Children #Mean

• Too many women throw themselves into romance because they're afraid of being single, then start making compromises and losing their identity. I won't do that.
    -- Julie Delpy

#Relationship #Single #Being Alone

• I realized that whatever your path, whatever your calling, the most damaging thing you can do is let other voices define you and drown out your own. You've got to block them out and find that place deep inside you, shaken but still intact, and hold on to it.
    -- Katie Couric

#Single #Block #Voice

• I'm not that girl who's really concerned with it. I've dated a bit and it's just draining to me. If it's not going to happen natural, obviously it's going to be someone in the industry because that's the only time people ever really see me.
    -- Kelly Clarkson

#Single #Girl #People

• People are really concerned about my relationship status. When I tell people I'm happy being single, they don't believe me. They say: 'You have to be miserable being alone'.
    -- Kelly Clarkson

#Single #Believe #People

• Being single is about celebrating and appreciating your own space that you're in. I couldn't have lived alone before. I always needed someone to share my space but now I like being by myself. If I want to be with people then I see my friends; if I want a date then I'll have one.
    -- Kelly Rowland

#Single #Space #People

• Don't hold to anger, hurt or pain. They steal your energy and keep you from love.
    -- Leo Buscaglia

#Love #Single #Hurt

• Marriage is a great institution, but I'm not ready for an institution.
    -- Mae West

#Love #Marriage #Single

• Independence-is loyalty to one's best self and principles, and this is often disloyalty to the general idols and fetishes.
    -- Mark Twain

#Single #Loyalty #Self

• Solitude is the place of purification.
    -- Martin Buber

#Single #Faith #Inspiration

• Independence I have long considered as the grand blessing of life, the basis of every virtue; and independence I will ever secure by contracting my wants, though I were to live on a barren heath.
    -- Mary Wollstonecraft

#Life #Single #Blessing

• Being single is pretty good. It's a nice sense of irresponsibility.
    -- Michael Douglas

#Single #Nice #Being Single

• Only in solitude do we find ourselves; and in finding ourselves, we find in ourselves all our brothers in solitude.
    -- Miguel de Unamuno

#Single #Brother #Loneliness

• The thoughtful soul to solitude retires.
    -- Omar Khayyam

#Single #Thoughtful #Solitude

• I think it's very healthy to spend time alone. You need to know how to be alone and not be defined by another person.
    -- Oscar Wilde

#Inspirational #Single #Thinking

• By persistently remaining single a man converts himself into a permanent public temptation.
    -- Oscar Wilde

#Single #Men #Temptation

• Inside myself is a place where I live all alone and that is where I renew my springs that never dry up.
    -- Pearl S. Buck

#Single #Women #Spring

• I feel the same way about solitude as some people feel about the blessing of the church. It's the light of grace for me. I never close my door behind me without the awareness that I am carrying out an act of mercy toward myself.
    -- Peter Høeg

#Single #Loneliness #Blessing

• It's better to be healthy alone than sick with someone else.
    -- Phil McGraw

#Single #Being Single #Sick

• They are never alone that are accompanied with noble thoughts.
    -- Philip Sidney

#Single #Being Alone #Noble

• Be yourself; no base imitator of another, but your best self. There is something which you can do better than another. Listen to the inward voice and bravely obey that. Do the things at which you are great, not what you were never made for.
    -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

#Inspirational #Motivational #Single

• Being single isn't the cause of loneliness, and marriage is not necessarily the cure. There are many lonely married people as well.
    -- Renee Jones

#Single #Lonely #Loneliness

• I still miss those I loved who are no longer with me but I find I am grateful for having loved them. The gratitude has finally conquered the loss.
    -- Rita Mae Brown

#Single #Gratitude #Grateful

• Always look at what you have left. Never look at what you have lost.
    -- Robert H. Schuller

#Single #Attitude #Past

• Ah, yes, divorce... from the Latin word meaning to rip out a man's genitals through his wallet.
    -- Robin Williams

#Single #Money #Rip

• I've been having a lot of dance parties alone in my apartment while learning to cook. Part of my quest to be an attractive single is to learn how to cook and sew and get a license.
    -- Sara Quin

#Single #Party #Quests

• Everyone is lonely sometimes, even married people. But most single women (as well as women with spouses) actually enjoy their solitude.
    -- Sarah Mahoney

#Single #Lonely #People

• Voyager upon life's sea, To yourself be true, And whate'er your lot may be, Paddle your own canoe.
    -- Sarah T. Bolton

#Single #Sea #May

• I don't need anyone to rectify my existence. The most profound relationship we will ever have is the one with ourselves.
    -- Shirley MacLaine

#Single #Profound #Heartless

• Do not allow yourself to be imprisoned by any affection. Keep your solitude. The day, if it ever comes, when you are given true affection, there will be no opposition between interior solitude and friendship, quite the reverse. It is even by this infallible sigh that you will recognize it.
    -- Simone Weil

#Single #Solitude #Affection

• Singlehood is not longer a state to be overcome as soon as possible. It has its own rewards. Marriage is not the gateway to adulthood anymore. For most people it's the dessert - desirable, but no longer the main course.
    -- Stephanie Coontz

#Single #People #Rewards

• Pain is never permanent.
    -- Teresa of Avila

#Single #Pain #Humility

• I must learn to love the fool in me the one who feels too much, talks too much, takes too many chances, wins sometimes and loses often, lacks self-control, loves and hates, hurts and gets hurt, promises and breaks promises, laughs and cries.
    -- Theodore Isaac Rubin

#Single #Hurt #Hate

• Solitude, though it may be silent as light, is like light, the mightiest of agencies; for solitude is essential to man. All men come into this world alone and leave it alone.
    -- Thomas de Quincey

#Music #Single #Men

• If we be doomed to marry, we marry; if we be doomed to remain single we do.
    -- Thomas Hardy

#Single #Being Single

• One travels more usefully when alone, because he reflects more.
    -- Thomas Jefferson

#Single #Travel #Loneliness

• I feel completely safe in my house but all my friends are scared for me. And of course I can tell my parents panic a little. The best thing about living alone is being able to have my friends come over whenever.
    -- Vanessa Hudgens

#Single #Parent #House

• For a while we pondered whether to take a vacation or get a divorce. We decided that a trip to Bermuda is over in two weeks, but a divorce is something you always have.
    -- Woody Allen

#Single #Divorce #Vacation

• I don't dwell in the past; I don't wallow in old events and emotions. I don't waste time on regret. No use going over and over the details of what already happened.
    -- Yanni

#Single #Regret #Past

• When I'm alone, I can sleep crossways in bed without an argument.
    -- Zsa Zsa Gabor

#Single #Sleep #Bed

• About age 30 most women think about having children, most men think about dating them.
    -- Judy Carter

#Single #Children #Thinking

• There are a number of mechanical devices which increase sexual arousal, particularly in women. Chief among these is the Mercedes-Benz 380SL convertible.
    -- P. J. O'Rourke

#Funny #Hilarious #Single

• I have not been able to find a single useful institution which has not been founded either by an intensely religious man or by the son of a praying father or a praying mother. I have made the statement before the chambers of commerce of all the largest cities of the country and have asked them to bring forward a case that is an exception to this rule. Thus far, I have not heard of a single one.
    -- Roger Babson

#Single #Christian #Mother