Flags quotes

• I don't want the news to be patriotic. I don't want to see flags on the lapels of the anchors. I don't want any of that.
    -- Aaron McGruder

#Patriotic #Anchors #Flags

• The American flag represents all of us and all the values we hold sacred.
    -- Adrian Cronauer

#Flags #Sacred #American Flag

• Worrying that banning flag desecration would inhibit free speech reveals a misunderstanding of the flag's fundamental nature.
    -- Adrian Cronauer

#Worry #Flags #Fundamentals

• It is the will of the American people that we have a right to protect our flag and this can only be accomplished by passing a Constitutional amendment.
    -- Adrian Cronauer

#People #Flags #Amendments

• As Conservatives, We Don't Care About The Color of Your Skin, We Care About The Color of Our Flag
    -- Allen West

#Color #Skins #Flags

• If the flag of an armed enemy of the U.S. is allowed to fly over government buildings, then it implies that slavery, or at least the threat of slavery, is sanctioned by that government and can still legally exist.
    -- Amiri Baraka

#Government #Enemy #Flags

• Why worship a flag or a God, when we can worship that which is best in us: our will to be great.
    -- Andrew Ryan

#Flags #Worship

• This is not my fault! Any ideas?” “You don't have a white flag, do you?
    -- Andy McDermott

#Ideas #White #Flags

• If you tell a guy you don't like being tickled and he tickles you anyway, that's a red flag.
    -- Anna Kendrick

#Guy #Flags #Red

• If that's what you're thinking, then don't even question it. Go let your freak flag fly, brother.
    -- Anthony Kiedis

#Brother #Thinking #Flags

• If you wave a flag, make it an American Flag.
    -- Antonio Villaraigosa

#Flags #Wave #American Flag

• What the American people must never forget - is that when Fascism comes to America it will come wrapped in American flag
    -- Arthur Kinoy

#America #People #Flags

• Dams are the temples of secular India and almost worshipped. They are huge, wet cement flags that wave in our minds. They're the symbol of nationalism to many.
    -- Arundhati Roy

#Mind #India #Flags

• We cannot allow the American flag to be shot at anywhere on earth if we are to retain our respect and prestige
    -- Barry Goldwater

#Respect #Flags #Earth

• Even pirates, before they attack another ship, hoist a black flag.
    -- Bela Kiraly

#Pirate #Black #Flags

• There is no rule in the pink-triangle guide to coming out that you must wear a rainbow flag cap and organise a full band parade.
    -- Beth Ditto

#Rainbow #Flags #Band

• If you're passionate about something, then you should pick up your flag and run with it.
    -- Bette Midler

#Running #Flags #Passionate

• The flag represents all the values and the liberties Americans have and enjoy everyday.
    -- Bill Shuster

#Everyday #Liberty #Flags

• Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others!
    -- Bob Dole

#Abortion #Flags #American Flag

• For the glory born of Goodness Never dies, And its flag is not half-masted In the skies.
    -- Bret Harte

#Sky #Flags #Half

• There's a certain elitism that has crept into the attitudes of some in journalism, and it played out perfectly over the issue of these little American flag lapel pins.
    -- Brit Hume

#Attitude #Issues #Flags

• Wave the flag, wave the Bible, wave your sex or your business degree, whatever you want, just don't wave that thing at me.
    -- Bruce Cockburn

#Sex #Degrees #Flags

• We have way better ***** flags than THAT one.
    -- Burnie Burns

#Flags #Way #Nazi

• It was something I really wanted to do. I can't imagine what it will be like to carry the flag and walk through the doors of the stadium. I'm thrilled to lead the team.
    -- Chris Witty

#Team #Doors #Flags

• What a great opportunity to come to my fifth Olympics, be flag bearer and also be a returning medalist so I have a platform to talk about something and hopefully do some good in this world.
    -- Chris Witty

#Opportunity #Flags #World

• If you don't have a flag sticking out of your ass, you must be a communist.
    -- Chrissie Hynde

#Flags #Ass #Communist

• I'm just always learning lines. I've learned to flag the really crucial scenes, and I start figuring them out and committing them to memory as soon as I get them.
    -- Claire Danes

#Memories #Flags #Lines

• I didn't know anything until December 2004 when I went to purchase a vehicle and was told there was a foreclosure on my credit and I wouldn't be able to get the car. I've still got a red flag on my credit.
    -- Claude Brown

#Car #Flags #Credit

• I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the constitution to a man who will burn the constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
    -- Craig Washington

#Men #Flags #Constitution

• (Obama's) a nice person, he's very articulate this is what's been used against him, but he couldn't sell watermelons if it, you gave him the state troopers to flag down the traffic.
    -- Dan Rather

#Nice #Racism #Flags

• At least in my country, we have come to accept the flags burning, but what we cannot accept is violence, burning of embassies and intimidations, and there is no excuse for that.
    -- Daniel Fried

#Country #Flags #Burning

• It was hard walking around the pitch... You do that when you win trophies. The fans were throwing flags on and that was hard to take, something which put a lump in your throat.
    -- Darren Fletcher

#Winning #Fans #Flags

• The headline is the 'ticket on the meat.' Use it to flag down readers who are prospects for the kind of product you are advertising.
    -- David Ogilvy

#Perspective #Meat #Flags

• If you can't come clean and tell investors how and why you failed, that raises a red flag. They need to see that you learned from it and came back stronger.
    -- Daymond John

#Stronger #Needs #Flags

• There will be no white flag above my door, I'm in love and always will be
    -- Dido Armstrong

#Doors #White #Flags

• Hold the period of youth sacred to education, and the period of maturity, when the physical forces begin to flag, equally sacred to ease and agreeable relaxation.
    -- Edward Bellamy

#Maturity #Relaxation #Flags

• Why can't a man stand alone? Must he be burdened by all that he's taught to consider his own? His skin and his station, his kin and his crown, his flag and his nation They just weigh him down
    -- Elvis Costello

#Men #Skins #Flags

• Success is not just the crowning moment, the spiking of the ball in the end zone or the raising of the flag on the summit. It is the whole process of reaching for a goal and, sometimes, it begins with failure.
    -- Erik Weihenmayer

#Goal #Balls #Flags

• That is, no matther whether th' constitution follows th' flag or not, th' supreme coort follows th' iliction returns.
    -- Finley Peter Dunne

#Flags #Return #Constitution

• No matter whether the Constitution follows the flag or not, the Supreme Court follows the election returns.
    -- Finley Peter Dunne

#Flags #Matter #Return

• In vain these economic royalists seek to hide behind the flag and the Constitution. In their blindness they forget what the flag and the Constitution stand for. Now, as always, they stand for democracy, not tyranny; for freedom, not subjection; and against a dictatorship by mob rule and the over-privileged alike.
    -- Franklin D. Roosevelt

#Democracy #Mob Rule #Flags

• I am not the flag: not at all. I am but its shadow.
    -- Franklin Knight Lane

#Shadow #Flags

• You are the makers of the flag and it is well that you glory in the making.
    -- Franklin Knight Lane

#Flags #Glory #Makers

• I tell you, my friends, it's a sin to pray for the U.S.A. And nobody that's intelligent, and that fears God, will fly the American flag any way but upside-down, the international signal of distress... It's too late to pray for the U.S.A.
    -- Fred Phelps

#Intelligent #Too Late #Flags

• I wish I could put a patent on that thing. That was so straight I had to lean over sideways to see the flag!
    -- Gary Player

#Wish #Patents #Flags

• I don't get all choked up about yellow ribbons and American flags. I consider them to be symbols and I leave symbols to the symbol minded.
    -- George Carlin

#Yellow #Flags #Ribbons

• Naxal flag will soon fly in delhi
    -- George Fernandes

#Flags #Delhi

• There is something distinguished about even his failures; they sink not trivially, but with a certain air of majesty, like a great ship, its flags flying, full of holes.
    -- George Jean Nathan

#Air #Flying #Flags

• SST was formed to put out the first Black Flag record. Basically, there wasn't anyone else to do it. I felt that what I was doing with Black Flag was very worthwhile, and I wanted to get it out there.
    -- Greg Ginn

#Black #Flags #Records

• Black Flag was formed in 1977. We first recorded in 1978.
    -- Greg Ginn

#Black #Flags #Firsts

• I fear my enthusiasm flags when real work is demanded of me.
    -- H. P. Lovecraft

#Real #Flags #Enthusiasm

• I expect the Republicans will enjoy a large bounce out of their convention. They're here wrapping themselves in the 9/11 flag, which I think is inappropriate in many ways, but it's their choice.
    -- Harold Ford, Jr.

#Thinking #Choices #Flags

• I hear they had our flag on their dressing room floor. I wonder if they'd like us to sign it?
    -- Hayley Wickenheiser

#Hockey #Flags #Rooms

• London doesn't love the latent or the lurking, has neither time, nor taste, nor sense for anything less discernible than the red flag in front of the steam-roller. It wants cash over the counter and letters ten feet high.
    -- Henry James

#Feet #Flags #Cash

• A thoughtful mind, when it sees a Nation's flag, sees not the flag only, but the Nation itself
    -- Henry Ward Beecher

#Thoughtful #Mind #Flags

• I still want to be the candidate for guys with Confederate flags in their pickup trucks.
    -- Howard Dean

#Guy #Flags #Want

• If fascism ever came to the United States, it would be wrapped in an American flag.
    -- Huey Long

#United States #Would Be #Flags

• When facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the American flag.
    -- Huey Long

#America #Flags #American Flag

• I believe that the Union Flag should change now to reflect the four nations of the United Kingdom - England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales
    -- Ian Lucas

#Believe #Scotland #Flags

• Had someone from Serbia flown a Greater Serbia flag in Tirana or Pristina, it would become an issue for the U.N. Security Council.
    -- Ivica Dacic

#Issues #Flags #Council

• It's time for the [Confederate] Flag to come down, because it just doesn't represent who we are as a people, as Americans anymore.
    -- Jack Hunter

#People #Flags #Who We Are

• My major aim in writing is to set out flags and issue wake-up calls.
    -- James Broughton

#Writing #Issues #Flags

• When I see the American flag, I go, 'Oh my God, you're insulting me.'
    -- Janeane Garofalo

#Insulting #Flags #American Flag

• Red flag of the eating disorder: the muffin. Keep your eye on the ladies with the muffins...and sometimes I'll just eat the muffin top.
    -- Janeane Garofalo

#Eye #Eating Disorder #Flags

• One night I dreamed that I painted a large American flag, and the next morning I got up and I went out and bought the materials to begin it.
    -- Jasper Johns

#Morning #Night #Flags

• If the flag needs protection at all, it needs protection from members of Congress who value the symbol more than the freedoms that the flag represents.
    -- Jerrold Nadler

#Democracy #Needs #Flags

• There is much more to being a patriot and a citizen than reciting the pledge or raising a flag.
    -- Jesse Ventura

#House #Citizens #Flags

• I want to experience that massive adrenalin rush when you step into a new stadium, all the more so when that Olympic Stadium is packed full of people waving British flags.
    -- Jessica Ennis

#People #Flags #Want

• Any Southern nationalist movement, especially one that wraps itself in the Confederate flag, is going to be viewed with suspicion, given the historical record.
    -- John Shelton Reed

#Southern #Historical #Flags

• Tonight the American flag floats from yonder hill or Molly Stark sleeps a widow,
    -- John Stark

#Sleep #Flags #Widows

• It's all flags, fireworks, family, food and fun That's July Four July Five, the fun is done The fireworks are no more
    -- John Walter Bratton

#Fun #4th Of July #Flags

• I feel like I'm waving the flag for musicianship, trying to bring back bands that can play.
    -- Jonathan Davis

#Play #Trying #Flags

• The Republican Party would have the American flag and the swastika flying side by side,
    -- Julian Bond

#Party #Flying #Flags

• Why was it, Lloyd wondered, that the people who wanted to destroy everything good about their country were the quickest to wave the national flag?
    -- Ken Follett

#Country #People #Flags

• Every time a colony wants independence, the questions on the agenda are: a) how do you get the imperialists out, and b) what kind of society do you build? There are usually the bourgeois nationalists who say, 'Let's just change the flag and keep everything as it was.' Then there are the revolutionaries who say, 'Let's change the property laws.' It's always a critical moment.
    -- Ken Loach

#Law #Independence #Flags

• The Confederate flag represents the same thing to blacks as the Nazi flag represents to Jews,.
    -- Ken Page

#Flags #Nazi #Confederate

• Unfortunately a Constitutional amendment that would have empowered Congress to make desecration of the United States flag illegal failed to pass by one vote.
    -- Kenny Marchant

#Empowering #United States #Flags

• You cannot have companies where many of the largest ones lose money indefinitely without someone finally waving the white flag, and IBM is the most recent example of that.
    -- Kevin B. Rollins

#White #Example #Flags

• The less a statesman amounts to, the more he loves the flag.
    -- Kin Hubbard

#Flags

• Courage~ What makes the flag on the mast to wave? What makes the elephant charge his tusk in the misty mist, or the dusky dusk? What makes the muskrat guard his musk? Courage! What makes the sphinx the seventh wonder? Courage! What makes the dawn come up like thunder? Courage! What makes the Hottentot so hot? What puts the "ape" in apricot?~Cowardly Lion from the Wizard of Oz
    -- L. Frank Baum

#Elephants #Sphinx #Flags

• The man who is always waving the flag usually waives what it stands for.
    -- Laurence J. Peter

#Men #Flags #He Man

• The flag still stands for freedom and they can't take that away.
    -- Lee Greenwood

#Flags #Politics #Stills

• I fly my geek flag proudly. Absolutely.
    -- LeVar Burton

#Flags #Geek

• A man may climb Everest for himself, but at the summit he plants his country's flag.
    -- Margaret Thatcher

#Country #Men #Flags

• If a train doesn’t stop at your station, it’s simply because it’s not your train. Don’t try to flag down the conductor and convince them to stop there, even if their own map says that they should just keep going. You may not realize it, but there’s another train trying to come toward you, unable to get into your station because a train that doesn’t even belong there is being delayed there by your intensity.
    -- Marianne Williamson

#Trying #Flags #Maps

• So I hope I’ve made clear that imposing agile methods is a very red flag.
    -- Martin Fowler

#Flags #Red #Method

• I don't want to fly the flag for being unhealthy and overweight, but I don't want to fly the flag for being too thin, either.
    -- Martine McCutcheon

#Want #Flags #Overweight

• Old England is our home, and Englishmen are we; Our tongue is known in every clime, our flag in every sea.
    -- Mary Howitt

#Home #Sea #Flags

• Some of the more fatuous flag-waving Americans are in danger of forgetting that you can't extract gratitude as you would extract a tooth; that unless friendship is freely given, it means nothing and less than nothing.
    -- Max Lerner

#Gratitude #Mean #Flags

• What matters the party to me? I shall find enough anyhow who unite with me without swearing allegiance to my flag.
    -- Max Stirner

#Party #What Matters #Flags

• History of science is a relay race, my painter friend. Copernicus took over his flag from Aristarchus, from Cicero, from Plutarch; and Galileo took that flag over from Copernicus.
    -- Mehmet Murat Ildan

#Race #Flags #Copernicus

• In the event of the death of a current or former President, like the recent death of President Ronald Reagan, the flag should be flown at half-staff for thirty days from the day of the death.
    -- Michael K. Simpson

#President #Events #Flags

• Our flag represents every American and it should not be hidden away as a result of property agreements.
    -- Mike Fitzpatrick

#Agreement #Flags #Results

• The American flag is the symbol of our freedom, national pride and history.
    -- Mike Fitzpatrick

#Pride #Flags #American Flag

• I didn't know what was going on at the start in the swirling wind. The flags were all pointing in different directions and I thought the Irish had starched them just to fool us.
    -- Mike Watkins

#Wind #Flags #Fool

• Every time I hit a shot, I feel like I am shaking hands with the flag stick.
    -- Moe Norman

#Hands #Sticks #Flags

• I prefer someone who burns the flag and then wraps themselves up in the Constitution over someone who burns the Constitution and then wraps themselves up in the flag.
    -- Molly Ivins

#Flags #Constitution

• I believe that movements to suppress wrongs can be carried out under the protection of our flag.
    -- Mother Jones

#Believe #Flags #Movement

• What if the invasion forces will not leave our lands? What if the U.S. forces and others stay in our beloved lands? What if their companies and embassy headquarters will continue to exist with the American flags hoisted on them? Will you be silent? Will you overlook this?
    -- Muqtada al Sadr

#Land #What If #Flags

• It is remarkable how fast and how effectively you can construct a nationality with a flag , a few speeches, and a national anthem; to this day I avoid the label "Lebanese," preferring the less restrictive "Levantine" designation.
    -- Nassim Nicholas Taleb

#Flags #Speech #Labels