Drs quotes

• The good thing about being Dr. Frankenstein is that you can always make new friends.
    -- Aaron Allston

#New Friendship #Drs #New Friends

• It seems some have chosen to ignore or have simply forgotten the big-picture vision promoted by Dr. King and his kin.
    -- Al Sharpton

#Kings #Vision #Drs

• Dr. King's general principles are universal. But the things he confronted took place in another era.
    -- Al Sharpton

#Kings #Principles #Drs

• As Dr. Sigmund Freud has observed, it cannot even be said that the State has ever shown any disposition to suppress crime, but only to safeguard its own monopoly of crime.
    -- Albert J. Nock

#Drs #Crime #States

• It is in our nature to destroy what we create. (Dr. Paul Kramer)
    -- Alex Scarrow

#Drs #Kramer

• Drs. Margolis and Fisher have done a great service to education, computer science, and the culture at large. Unlocking the Clubhouse should be required reading for anyone and everyone who is concerned about the decreasing rate of women studying computer science.
    -- Anita Borg

#Reading #Drs #Culture

• Dr Weiss, at forty, knew that her life had been ruined by literature
    -- Anita Brookner

#Drs #Literature #Ruined

• I love the Dr.Hauschka range and use the cleanser, toner and moisturiser every day,
    -- Anne Hathaway

#Drs #Use #Range

• Good morning, Dr. Chandra. This is Hal. I am ready for my first lesson.
    -- Arthur C. Clarke

#Morning #Drs #Lessons

• Ah! my dear Watson, there we come into those realms of conjecture, where the most logical mind may be at fault. Sherlock Holmes speaking with Dr. Watson.
    -- Arthur Conan Doyle

#Mind #Drs #May

• Like all Holmes' reasoning, the thing seemed simplicity itself when it was once explained. Dr. Watson, speaking of Sherlock Holmes.
    -- Arthur Conan Doyle

#Simplicity #Drs #Holmes

• If the fresh facts come to our knowledge all fit themselves into the scheme, then our hypothesis may gradually become a solution. Sherlock Holmes speaking with Dr. Watson.
    -- Arthur Conan Doyle

#Knowledge #Drs #May

• We all learn by experience, and your lesson this time is that you should never lose sight of the alternative. Sherlock Holmes speaking with Dr. Watson.
    -- Arthur Conan Doyle

#Time #Sight #Drs

• One forms provisional theories and waits for time or fuller knowledge to explode them. A bad habit, Mr. Ferguson, but human nature is weak. Sherlock Holmes speaking with Dr. Watson.
    -- Arthur Conan Doyle

#Time #Waiting #Drs

• There are days when you just don't feel all that evil." You don't become a world-class villain overnight." -Dr. Impossible
    -- Austin Grossman

#Class #Evil #Drs

• Dr Johnson died in 1944. The suspicion exists that he was silenced...However two federal inspectors did examine his hospital record in the late 1950's. They concluded it was likely that he was poisoned.
    -- Barry Lynes

#Cancer #Two #Drs

• My favorite Bond films are the really early ones, the first ones in fact, like 'Dr. No' and 'From Russia with Love.'
    -- Ben Whishaw

#Russia #Drs #Firsts

• The most frightening interview I've ever done was with Dr. Lonnie Thompson of The Ohio State University on the subject of global warming.
    -- Bill Kurtis

#Ohio State #Drs #Done

• ... we use Dr.Ducks Ax Wax religiously on all Danelectros before they ever leave the factory...
    -- Brian Martin

#Music #Ducks #Drs

• I'd met Dr Dre, he was thinking about his next album, we talked a little and he said, 'Let me give you some of these loops and see what you come up with'.
    -- Burt Bacharach

#Thinking #Giving #Drs

• As Dr. Chiang puts it, “while Buddha came to China on white elephants, Christ was borne on cannon balls.
    -- Carlo M. Cipolla

#Elephants #White #Drs

• I keep getting amazing things to bring to life. There's always something to discover with 'Dr. Bailey,' something that brings her home to the audience, something that makes people say, 'I know that woman. I work with that woman.' It's incredibly flattering and I'm still finding new things with her all the time.
    -- Chandra Wilson

#Home #People #Drs

• I can't do coffee, but I can do Dr. Pepper.
    -- Cher

#Coffee #Drs #Peppers

• More than one side? You're Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Jackass!
    -- Chuck Palahniuk

#Drs #Jekyll #Sides

• Dr. Seuss provided "ingenious and uniquely witty solutions to the standing problem of the juvenile fantasy writer: how to find, not another Alice, but another rabbit hole.
    -- Clifton Fadiman

#Witty #Rabbits #Drs

• Dr. Margaret Oda, a true trailblazer in education, served as Honolulu school district superintendent and was the driving force behind the middle-school concept and the first chairwoman of the Japanese American National Museum.
    -- Colleen Hanabusa

#School #Museums #Drs

• There are moments when rather than reforming the human race I'd like to abandon it altogether and go become, say, one of Dr. O'Reilly's macaques, which have to have more sense.
    -- Connie Willis

#Race #Drs #Moments

• Dr. Jeckyll & Mr. Hyde is a metaphor for alcoholism. He drinks a potion, becomes a monster. I know exactly how he feels.
    -- Craig Ferguson

#Monsters #Drs #Hyde

• Nothing activates adrenaline production like pain. - Dr. Sienna Brooks
    -- Dan Brown

#Pain #Drs #Brooks

• The best physicians are Dr. Diet, Dr. Quiet, and Dr. Merryman.
    -- Daniel D. Palmer

#Physicians #Drs #Quiet

• What should we call him?" Klaus asked. "You should call him Dr. Montgomery," Mr. Poe replied, "unless he tells you to call him Montgomery. Both his first and last names are Montgomery, so it doesn't make much difference." "His name is Montgomery Montgomery?" Klaus said, smiling. "Yes, and I'm sure he's very sensitive about that, so don't ridicule him," Mr. Poe said, coughing again into his handkerchief.
    -- Daniel Handler

#Names #Differences #Drs

• Dr Strauss said I had something that was very good. He said I had a good motor-vation. I never ever knew I had that. I felt proud when he said that not every body with an eye-q of 68 had that thing. I don't know what it is or where I got it but he said Algernon had it too. Algernons motor-vation is the cheese they put in his box. But it cant be that because I didnt eat any cheese last week.
    -- Daniel Keyes

#Eye #Drs #Body

• I'm not Candide, nor Dr Pangloss, but we know that faith moves mountains
    -- Daniel Libeskind

#Moving #Mountain #Drs

• I generally like very visually striking films. I love a lot of Stanley Kubrick's films. I would have to say 'Dr. Strangelove', which of course has got resonance in 'Watchmen'. It's a favorite movie of mine.
    -- Dave Gibbons

#Drs #Film #Resonance

• I don't understand why women get upset when you compare them to one of the monkeys from Planet of the Apes, even one of the heroic ones, like Dr. Zera.
    -- David James

#Sex #Upset #Drs

• ...I enjoyed it (Dr.Ducks Ax Wax) .. in fact I'm all out...
    -- Dick Dale

#Music #Ducks #Drs

• 'Do you pray for the senators, Dr. Hale?' No, I look at the senators and I pray for the country.
    -- Edward Everett Hale

#Country #Drs #Looks

• Dr. Oaks made the remark that, according to the best estimate he could make, there were four hundred murders annually produced by abortion in that county alone....There must be a remedy for such a crying evil as this.
    -- Elizabeth Cady Stanton

#Evil #Abortion #Drs

• ...I love Dr.Ducks Ax Wax ... Glossily Yours ....
    -- Elliot Easton

#Music #Ducks #Drs

• Perhaps he wanted to be alone with Dr. G., who was here, but he should have let me know. At Hoffmann's I felt I was sitting on hot coals, expecting him to arrive every moment.
    -- Eva Braun

#Hot #Drs #Coal

• You know what I figured out?" I hate this part." Dr. Martin leaned back in his chair. "It means I'm about to lose income or I'm about to learn what a crappy shrink I am." (276)
    -- Gail Giles

#Hate #Mean #Drs

• Dr. Phil is hiding something. Otherwise, why wouldn't he use his last name?
    -- Garry Shandling

#Names #Dr Phil #Drs

• Dr. Strangelove' was and is one of my favorite movies ever, and I just can't believe they actually blew up the world after that.
    -- Gary Ross

#Believe #Drs #World

• I'm an advocate of the great Dr. Johnson, the English man of letters who said that patriotism was the last refuge of the scoundrel.
    -- George Galloway

#Men #Patriotism #Drs

• Dr. Flint had sworn that he would make me suffer, to my last day, for this new crime against him, as he called it; and as long as he had me in his power he kept his word
    -- Harriet Ann Jacobs

#Long #Suffering #Drs

• Dr. Manton taught my youth to yawn, and prepared me to be a High-Churchman, that I might never hear him read nor read him more.
    -- Henry Bolingbroke

#Atheism #Drs #Might

• I urge each of you to think seriously about the vision Dr. Daniel puts forth and think about what you can do to make it happen.
    -- Henry R. Luce

#Thinking #Vision #Drs

• Oh, the Places You'll Go!,' by Dr. Seuss, is still one of my favorite books ever.
    -- Hilary Swank

#Book #Drs #My Favorite

• Dr. Calder [a Unitarian minister] said of Dr. [Samuel] Johnson on the publications of Boswell and Mrs. Piozzi, that he was like Actaeon, torn to pieces by his own pack.
    -- Horace Walpole

#Drs #Pieces #Ministers

• I wouldn't be able to act like Al Pacino or play the piano like Dr. John, But I could probably act better than Dr. John and play the piano better than Al Pacino.
    -- Hugh Laurie

#Play #Piano #Drs

• We may say of angling, as Dr. Boteler said of strawberries, Doubtless God could have made a better berry, but doubtless God never did; and so, if I might be judge, God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.
    -- Izaak Walton

#Judging #Drs #Berries

• Dr Johnson said, the inscription should have been in Latin, as every thing intended to be universal and permanent, should be.
    -- James Boswell

#Latin #Drs #Should

• Dr. Johnson ... sometimes employed himself in chymistry, sometimes in watering and pruning a vine, and sometimes in small experiments, at which those who may smile, should recollect that there are moments which admit of being soothed only by trifles.
    -- James Boswell

#Pruning #May #Drs

• Particular bits of knowledge are nothing, because they are made up of what Dr. Robert Hutchins once called rapidly aging facts. Principles and method are everything.
    -- James Webb Young

#Principles #Drs #Facts

• Dr. Johnson has said that the chief glory of a country arises from its authors. But then that is only as they are oracles of wisdom; unless they teach virtue, they are more worthy of a halter than of the laurel.
    -- Jane Porter

#Country #Drs #Oracles

• 'Dr. Quinn' came along when I turned 40, so my career actually peaked then.
    -- Jane Seymour

#Careers #Drs #Quinn

• Saints preserve us,' Dr. Kellen said, and squeezed Galen's shoulder. 'What have we done to our youth?
    -- Jessica Day George

#Drs #Saint #Done

• Paper money is made of cotton, and I'm long cotton, by the way. One reason I'm long cotton is because Dr. Bernanke is out there running the printing presses as fast as he can.
    -- Jim Rogers

#Running #Long #Drs

• ...I like Dr.Ducks Ax Wax ....
    -- Joe Beck

#Music #Ducks #Drs

• If there was another Dr. Quinn movie, I would do it in a heartbeat.
    -- Joe Lando

#Drs #Heartbeat #Quinn

• The problem is that most people spend their lives looking but not truly seeing, or, as Sherlock Holmes, the meticulous English detective, declared to his partner, Dr. Watson, “You see, but you do not observe.
    -- Joe Navarro

#People #Drs #Detectives

• I do sometimes watch 'Dr. Who' and while the stories barely make sense, if at all, the doctor is such great company I don't care.
    -- John Shirley

#Doctors #Drs #Watches

• I love 'Dr Strangelove.
    -- Jon M. Chu

#Drs

• DRS is like giving Picasso Photoshop.
    -- Juan Pablo Montoya

#Giving #Drs #Photoshop

• God help him." He chortled. "He doesn't realize he loves her. And even if he did, he wouldn't admitted it." -Dr. Whitticomb
    -- Judith McNaught

#Drs #Helping #Realizing

• A good marriage is like Dr Who's Tardis: small and banal from the outside but spacious and interesting from within.
    -- Katharine Whitehorn

#Marriage #Interesting #Drs

• She said, 'I'm so afraid.' And I said, 'why?,' and she said, 'Because I'm so profoundly happy, Dr. Rasul. Happiness like this is frightening.' I asked her why and she said, 'They only let you be this happy if they're preparing to take something from you.
    -- Khaled Hosseini

#Life #Drs #Said

• Dr. Bashiri, if I ever want to put a curse in someone, I say, 'May God give you a restaurant.
    -- Khaled Hosseini

#Giving #Drs #May

• Jerry Jones and Chris Christie are probably the most important latent homosexual relationship since Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson.
    -- Kinky Friedman

#Important #Drs #Holmes

• ...it works ... (Dr.Ducks Ax Wax & String Lube) .. makes the strings last longer ...
    -- Larry Coryell

#Music #Ducks #Drs

• ...Dr.Ducks Ax Wax is Great Stuff...
    -- Leland Sklar

#Music #Ducks #Drs

• You can't watch 'Dr. Strangelove' with commercials. That would be sacrilegious.
    -- Les Claypool

#Drs #Watches #Would Be

• We've all listened to Dr. Laura Schlessinger, haven't we? We all know how not to play a psychiatrist.
    -- Lesley-Anne Down

#Play #Drs #Laura

• I had still never read one of the Bond books when the movie Dr. No came out.
    -- Leslie Charteris

#Book #Drs #Stills

• The line between faith and fanaticism is a constantly shifting one,” Dr. Poblocki said. “When does belief become justification? When does right become rationale and crusade become crime?
    -- Libba Bray

#Shifting #Doe #Drs

• You know, I have a deep, deep affinity for Dr. Suess.
    -- Liev Schreiber

#Drs #Affinity

• [David Harker asked: Dr Pauling, how do you have so many good ideas?] Well David, I have a lot of ideas and throw away the bad ones.
    -- Linus Pauling

#Ideas #Drs #Wells

• ISABEL: Sorry I missed my session Monday. DR. RUSH: Would you like to tell me why? ISABEL: I was depressed. DR. RUSH: That's a good reason to come to therapy.
    -- Lisa Lutz

#Monday #Sorry #Drs

• Toni hears voices," said Trapp. "But who is this Dr. Ellsworth to tell her she's a schizophrenic? Maybe she just perceives better than the rest of us. Maybe the voices she hears are just uncommunicated ideas, floating free.
    -- Louis Sachar

#Voice #Ideas #Drs

• Also, with information having just come out at the time about J. Edgar Hoover's electronic surveillance of Dr. King, it gave greater weight to the statements of those persons who were alleging involvement of the FBI.
    -- Louis Stokes

#Kings #Drs #Weight

• ...it (Dr.DucksAxWax) works great ... I love it...
    -- Lowell Levinger

#Music #Drs

• The greatest artists, saints, philosophers, and, until quite recent times, scientists... have all assumed that the New Testament promise of eternal life is valid.... I'd rather be wrong with Dante and Shakespeare and Milton, with Augustine of Hippo and Francis of Assisi, with Dr. Johnson, Blake, and Dostoevsky than right with Voltaire, Rousseau, the Huxleys, Herbert Spencer, H. G. Wells, and Bernard Shaw.
    -- Malcolm Muggeridge

#Artist #Promise #Drs

• I was proud to call Dr Rupert a friend. He was always a wonderful source of support and kindness.
    -- Mangosuthu Buthelezi

#Kindness #Support #Drs

• In 1963 ... The Vatican condemned Dr. No as a 'dangerous mixture of violence, vulgarity, sadism and sex.' Ka-ching!
    -- Manohla Dargis

#Sex #Sadism #Drs

• people coming away from a session with Dr. S. usually looked as if they had had fifty minutes on the anvil with an apprentice blacksmith.
    -- Margaret Halsey

#Doctors #People #Drs

• I looked around the iTunes store and came across Dr. Moku's Hiragana Mnemonics. Thirty minutes later I had memorized all 46 hiragana. Now my 9-year-old is learning them, and having a lot of fun.
    -- Mark Frauenfelder

#Fun #Years #Drs

• You want to be a good person, don't you, Pat?' I nod. I cry. I do want to be a good person, I really do. 'I'm going to up your meds,' Dr. Patel tells me. 'You might feel a little sluggish, but it should help to curb your violent outbursts. You need to know it's your actions that will make you a good person, not desire.
    -- Matthew Quick

#Desire #Drs #Needs

• I used to watch the old 'Flash Gordon' series on TV, and it was thrilling to rocket to the planet Mongo every week. But after a while, I figured out that although Flash got the girl and all the accolades, it was really Dr. Zarkov who made the series work. Without Dr. Zarkov, there could be no Flash Gordon.
    -- Michio Kaku

#Girl #Drs #Watches

• The situation in this country is like a dog with worms. You bring the dog to the vet to be dewormed, but the vet is Dr. Obama, and he says you can't get the dog dewormed because the worms have a vote. And that's the problem, folks: the worms have a vote.
    -- Neal Boortz

#Country #Dog #Drs

• Life is not cured, Mr. Gilner." Dr. Mahmoud leans in. "Life is managed.
    -- Ned Vizzini

#Drs #Life Is

• I don't think there is a good reason for an abortion, but Dr. Jasper made me really realize it was just a racket. He was just doing it for the money. He didn't care about the women.
    -- Norma McCorvey

#Thinking #Abortion #Drs

• Dr. Kertesz mentioned to me a case known to him of a farmer who had developed prosopagnosia and in consequence could no longer distinguish (the faces of) his cows, and of another such patient, an attendant in a Natural History Museum, who mistook his own reflection for the diorama of an ape
    -- Oliver Sacks

#Reflection #Museums #Drs

• Dr. Adler had instructed me to always say whatever I was thinking, but this was difficult for me, for the act of thinking and the act of articulating those thoughts were not synchronous to me, or even necessarily consecutive. I knew that I thought and spoke in the same language and that theoretically there should be no reason why I could not express my thoughts as they occurred or soon thereafter, but the language in which I thought and the language in which I spoke, though both English, often seemed divided by a gap that could not be simultaneously, or even retrospectively, bridged.
    -- Peter Cameron

#Thinking #Drs #Gaps

• Ecstatic over the total annihilation of the Earth, Dr. Strangelove "resurrects" himself, miraculously regaining his ability to walk. His mechanical, robot-like body rises out of his wheelchair, crying exultantly: "Sir! I have a plan. Heh." (He realizes he is standing up.) "Mein Fuehrer, I can walk!"
    -- Peter Sellers

#Robots #Drs #Body

• I am not getting you a brain, because I am not that kind of assistant, Dr. Frankenstein.
    -- Rachel Caine

#Brain #Assistants #Drs

• I want my kids to know that they're just as good and just as American as Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, or Dr. Martin Luther King. My worst fear is they will become ordinary.
    -- Rafe Esquith

#Kings #Kids #Drs

• We suspect Dr. Clutterbuck's sense of hearing must be injured: for him the 'ear trumpet' magnifies but distorts sound, rendering it less distinct than before.
    -- Robert James Graves

#Drs #Ears #Hearing

• I do not know of any credible evidence that suggests Dr. Zavos can clone a human being. This seems to be yet another one of his claims to get publicity.
    -- Robert Winston

#Publicity #Drs #Claims

• Being around all the animals in the film Dr. .Doolittle made me one too.
    -- Samantha Eggar

#Animal #Drs #Film

• What about a hoverboard?" "It's waiting on the roof, of course." Dr. Cable snorted. "What is it about you miscreants and those things?
    -- Scott Westerfeld

#Waiting #Drs #Roof