Flirting quotes

• What are you two doing flirting with this nerd? I told you, you are supposed to be in charge of the 50 dancing girls I had set up for Miz's celebration.
    -- Alex Riley

#Girl #Flirting #Wwe

• People are weird. We do live on all levels at the same time and you can be fighting and flirting, and there can be fury and sexual tension. All that stuff can co-exist so it's just a testament to how complex we are. Or maybe it's a testament to how boringly we try and simplify everything.
    -- Alice Eve

#Fighting #Flirting #People

• One expresses well only the love he does not feel.
    -- Alphonse Karr

#Flirting #Doe #Wells

• Treat your career like a bad boyfriend... Your career wont take care of you. It won't call you back or introduce you to its parents. Your career will openly flirt with other people while you are around... You have to care about your work, but not about the result. You have to care about how good you are and how good you feel, but not about how good people think you are or how good people think you look.
    -- Amy Poehler

#Thinking #Flirting #Careers

• Well, if you weren't flirting with him"-his voice had now grown a little plaintive-"who was he, and what did you want with him anyway?" "If you are so determined to bore me, I may just have to go home." Astrid sighed carelessly, "What a shame, when I am wearing such a pretty dress.
    -- Anna Godbersen

#Home #Flirting #Voice

• Some women flirt more with what they say, and some with what they do.
    -- Anna Held

#Flirty #Valentine #Flirting

• I think the eyes flirt most. There are so many ways to use them.
    -- Anna Held

#Flirty #Eye #Flirting

• For a married woman to flirt is a sin.
    -- Anna Held

#Flirty #Flirting #Married

• Im much happier talking with people than I am flirting with them.
    -- Anne Hathaway

#Flirting #Talking #People

• If you're an alcoholic or a drug addict or something, we flirt with death. We pull ourselves to the brink of destruction and if we're lucky we pull ourselves back. We all have that in us.
    -- Anthony Hopkins

#Flirting #Drug #Lucky

• Whoever loves above all the approach of love will never know the joy of attaining it.
    -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

#Love #Flirty #Flirting

• There are some women who are flirts upon principle; they consider it their duty to make themselves as pleasing as possible to every one.
    -- Antoine Rivarol

#Flirting #Principles #Duty

• I was staying on [writer/director/actor] Eric Schaeffer's couch in New York, and he said, "I've got this movie [If Lucy Fell]. Can you do five days on it?" And I was like, "Yeah, anything. Twenty-four hours times five is 120 hours. Oh, great, I'll fill 120 hours of my life with something." So I did that and it was fun, and then I did Flirting with Disaster.
    -- Ben Stiller

#New York #Fun #Flirting

• A Republican Congressman, Rep. Chris Lee, was caught flirting with a woman trolling for dates on Craigslist and sent her a shirtless photo of himself. He lied about his age and his marital status. He said he was 39 and divorced. He's 46 and married, though being a Republican congressman, I'm guessing he's really 60 and gay.
    -- Bill Maher

#Gay #Flirting #Age

• It all depends on how we look at things, and not how they are in themselves.
    -- Carl Jung

#Hippie #Thoughtful #Flirting

• Flirtation envies Love, and Love envies Flirtation.
    -- Carolyn Wells

#Flirting #Envy #And Love

• Magnus, you were trying to flirt with your own plate." "I'm a very open-minded sort of fellow!" "Ragnor is not," Catarina said. "When he found out that you were feeding us guinea pigs, he hit you over the head with your plate. It broke." "So ended our love," Magnus said. "Ah, well. It would have never worked between me and the plate anyway.
    -- Cassandra Clare

#Flirting #Pigs #Trying

• In order to avoid being called a flirt, she always yielded easily.
    -- Charles Maurice de Talleyrand

#Sarcastic #Flirting #Order

• A flock of flirting flamingos is pure, passionate, pink pandemonium-a frenetic flamingle-mangle-a discordant discotheque of delirious dancing, flamboyant feathers, and flamingo lingo.
    -- Charley Harper

#Flirting #Dancing #Flamingos

• Alas, the transports beauty can inspire!
    -- Christian Nestell Bovee

#Flirting #Inspire #Transport

• For the record, if there's anyone who could flirt with a mountain range, it's probably the person standing in front of you.
    -- Clara

#Flirting #Mountain #Records

• Rhett: Don't start flirting with me. I'm not one of your plantation beaus. I want more than flirting from you. Scarlett: What do you want? Rhett: I'll tell you, Scarlett O'Hara, if you'll take that Southern-belle simper off your face. Someday, I want you to say to me the words I heard you say to Ashley Wilkes: I love you! Scarlett: That's something you'll never hear from me Captain Butler as long as you live.
    -- Clark Gable

#Love #Flirting #Long

• You’re going to tell me that last night shouldn’t have happened.” No. I’m glad it happened. For too long, I’ve been telling myself that I could spend all this time with yo and flirt with you and not have it mean anything. It does mean something. You mean something to me. But I’m not in love with you.
    -- Claudia Gray

#Love You #Mean #Flirting

• Money can be fickle, having a lasting relationship with a few and a brief fling with others, while just flirting with the rest of us.
    -- Cullen Hightower

#Money #Flirting #Fling

• I was born and bred to be a great flirt
    -- Cybill Shepherd

#Flirting #Born

• If I'm going to spend the whole night waiting for you guys to stop flirting and shoot each other, I want to at least be entertained.
    -- Dan Wells

#Flirting #Night #Guy

• A big part of letting go is recognizing when it is time to stay in a situation and when it is time to move on.
    -- Darren Johnson

#Letting Go #Moving #Flirting

• Things that matter are not easy. Feelings of happiness are easy. Happiness is not. Flirting is easy. Love is not. Saying you’re friends is easy. Being friends is not.
    -- David Levithan

#Flirting #Love Is #Feelings

• I can flirt with the best of them, but only when it doesn't matter.
    -- David Levithan

#Flirting #Matter

• Most of authors seek fame, but I seek for justice - a holier impulse than ever entered into the ambitious struggles of the votaries of that fickle, flirting goddess.
    -- Davy Crockett

#Struggle #Flirting #Justice

• I am a rubbish flirt.
    -- Dawn French

#Flirting #Rubbish

• Yes, Bill Clinton is a big flirt.
    -- Dee Dee Myers

#Flirty #Flirting #Bills

• Here she comes that little town flirt, you're falling for her and you're gonna get hurt.
    -- Del Shannon

#Hurt #Fall #Flirting

• Because I’m an English ninja,” Tanith replied. “We’re just like regular ninjas, except we wear leather and flirt more.
    -- Derek Landy

#Flirting #Ninja #Leather

• Coquetry whets the appetite; flirtation depraves it. Coquetry is the thorn that guards the rose - easily trimmed off when once plucked. Flirtation is like the slime on water-plants, making them hard to handle, and when caught, only to be cherished in slimy waters.
    -- Donald Grant Mitchell

#Flirting #Water #Rose

• As the excitement of the game increases, prudence is sure to diminish.
    -- Edward Bulwer-Lytton, 1st Baron Lytton

#Flirting #Games #Excitement

• Flirting with the dark side has always had it's fascination. Because you learn, and there's wisdom there. Escpecially with the post-Fruedian era with the young, the shadow is ninety percent gold. You hold treasures there that you need to learn about yourself to be a whole person.
    -- Edward Herrmann

#Dark #Flirting #Shadow

• The suggestion that the prime minister had been flirting with one of the senior women cabinet ministers made me laugh every time I saw it, and I thought, "if you only knew!" Perhaps they should have pushed it a bit harder.
    -- Edwina Currie

#Senior #Flirting #Laughing

• One was a Cartoon Artist with a heart like chiffon and a wit as accidentally malicious as the jab of a pin in a flirt's belt.
    -- Eleanor Hallowell Abbott

#Heart #Artist #Flirting

• Do you really think he was flirting with me?" "Let's see. He gave you candy you hate - I saw your face - and a CD of songs..." He looks at the CD. "All of these are, like, twenty years old at least. Figures. Oh, and he groped your face. Sounds like true love to me.
    -- Elizabeth Scott

#Song #Hate #Flirting

• The two go hand in hand like a dance: chance flirts with necessity, randomness with determinism. To be sure, it is from this interchange that novelty and creativity arise in Nature, thereby yielding unique forms and novel structures.
    -- Eric Chaisson

#Creativity #Flirting #Unique

• It's fun to be a woman. It's fun to flirt and wear makeup and have boobs
    -- Eva Mendes

#Fun #Flirting #Makeup

• I hope to start enjoying flirting again when I'm 70, like my mother did.
    -- Felicity Kendal

#Mother #Flirting #Enjoy

• All women are flirts, but some are restrained by shyness, and others by sense.
    -- Francois de La Rochefoucauld

#Flirty #Flirting #Shyness

• Novelty is to love like bloom to fruit; it gives a luster which is easily effaced, but never returns.

#Flirting #Giving #Fruit

• Coquetry is the essential characteristic, and the prevalent humor of women; but they do not all practice it, because the coquetry of some is restrained by fear or by reason.

#Flirting #Practice #Essentials

• Truth is a great flirt.
    -- Franz Liszt

#Flirty #Flirting #Truth Is

• But dinner is dinner, a meal at which not so much to eat - it becomes difficult to eat much at it as you grow older - as to drink, to talk, to flirt, to discuss, to rejoice "at the closing of the day". I do not think anything serious should be done after it, as nothing should before breakfast.
    -- George Saintsbury

#Flirting #Thinking #Meals

• A tease is a con. You press a spot because you know that it can be pressed, and while the sucker is feeling the pleasure or the pain resulting from the pressure, you take something from him. ...A flirt doesn't do that. A flirt does a dance within the context of giving pleasure. Referring to this, referring to that. And suddenly, following the references, you find a little surprise. Nothing enormous. Nothing like 'Feed on me.' Nothing like that. Something small with a bow on it. It's a pleasure. A surprise, and a *gift*.
    -- George W. S. Trow

#Pain #Flirting #Giving

• There's nothing wrong with sending a quick note if you're busy or just want to flirt, but it's hard to have any real interaction over text. In the buffet of communication, text messaging should be a side dish, not the entree.
    -- Greg Behrendt

#Real #Communication #Flirting

• Oh yea FORTUNATELY the girls are a lot braver then the guys, they flirt all the time.
    -- Gwen Stefani

#Girl #Flirting #Guy

• I think you have to be cool to be a good flirt, and I don't think I'm very cool.
    -- Harry Styles

#Flirty #Flirting #Thinking

• Flirt!'s mascara is insane - I don't need false lashes when I wear it.
    -- Heather Morris

#Flirting #Insane #Needs

• I am thrilled FLIRT! tapped into me to be their new Style Ambassador. I love FLIRT! products because they help me express my own personal style - especially when I want to stand out on set or in the crowd. What could be more fun than getting to play with makeup and fragrance and tell people all about it!
    -- Heather Morris

#Fun #Flirting #Makeup

• Flirting is the gentle art of making a man feel pleased with himself.
    -- Helen Rowland

#Art #Flirty #Flirting

• Chicks who dig home runs aren't the ones who appeal to me. I think there's sexiness in infield hits because they require technique. I'd rather impress the chicks with my technique than with my brute strength. Then, every now and then, just to show I can do that, too, I might flirt a little by hitting one out.
    -- Ichiro Suzuki

#Running #Home #Flirting

• Flirting is conversational chemistry.
    -- Isaac Mizrahi

#Inspirational #Flirting #Chemistry

• I am a flirt: I have no heart: I have an actor's nature.
    -- Ivan Turgenev

#Heart #Flirting #Actors

• Do you know a young and beautiful woman who is not ready to flirt-just a little?
    -- Jean Antoine Petit-Senn

#Beautiful #Flirting #Littles

• If we compel the composer to write in terms of what the listener is able to hear, we flirt with the danger of freezing the evolution of musical language, whose progressive development comes about through transgressions of a given era's perceptual habits."
    -- Jean-Jacques Nattiez

#Music #Writing #Flirting

• That one tickled. If electrocution is your way of flirting, I commend you on your originality.
    -- Jeaniene Frost

#Flirting #Way #Originality

• There is laughter, shrill calls. Everyone is flirting, saying in nudges and jokes and blushing what they would do in private
    -- Jesmyn Ward

#Laughter #Flirting #Nudge

• There's a lot of pressure on women to fulfill certain fantasies. They expect you to be a little bit of a tart, to flirt with all the men. A lot of women do it. But I'm not doing that. I talk with these guys about their wives and kids right away. When they say inappropriate things, I let them, because boys will be boys, but I'm not looking to participate in their conversations.
    -- Jessica Alba

#Women #Kids #Flirting

• O Polly, you might have toyed and kissed, by keeping men off, you keep them on.
    -- John Gay

#Flirty #Kissing #Flirting

• If your flirting strategy is indistinguishable from harassment, it's not everyone else that's the problem.
    -- John Scalzi

#Flirting #Problem #Strategy

• You know, I'm not really any good at working out when people are flirting with me. And I think I'm too flirtatious with people I'm trying not to flirt with! What I am good at is making people feel uncomfortable. I don't want to but it always ends up happening!
    -- Josh Hartnett

#Thinking #Flirting #People

• He gave her his best smile. His best I-almost-died-so-how-can-you-deny-me smile. Or at least that’s how he hoped it appeared. The truth was, he wasn’t a very accomplished flirt, and it might very well have come across as an Iam- mildly-deranged-so-it’s-in-all-of-our-best-interests-if-youpretend- to-agree-with-me smile.
    -- Julia Quinn

#Flirting #Might #Deny

• Flirting is the first step in a long process of finding the right man or woman.
    -- Julie Garwood

#Flirting #Men #Long

• I used to flirt with girls just to get the guys circling around us. I'm getting out of it now. I have to look after my reputation.
    -- Katie Price

#Girl #Flirty #Flirting

• Rafe didn't just flirt-he charmed girls right up to the point where they fell for him, then he changed his mind.I called him a player with attention deficit disorder.
    -- Kelley Armstrong

#Girl #Player #Flirting

• We did some massive flirting in front of the nation, but there was never anything more than that.
    -- Kenny Rogers

#Flirting #Makeup

• Maybe I’m old, but to me, ‘going out’ means going out to dinner. It’s about the conversation: someone recognizing your intellect, the charm of flirting, and really speaking to somebody.
    -- Keri Russell

#Mean #Flirting #Going Out

• What, no flirting?” I asked, trying to buy time. “Aren’t you going to at least try to be sexy? Think of all those vampire fans out there—they’d be so disappointed.” I pulled out my silver knife. Probably should have paid more attention during my knife training. “Tell you what. Let me go and I promise not to tell anyone that you aren’t suave.
    -- Kiersten White

#Sexy #Thinking #Flirting

• I'm just a natural flirt, but I don't see it in a sexual way. A lot of the time I'm like an overexcited puppy.
    -- Kylie Minogue

#Flirty #Flirting #Way

• I think I'm being friendly with someone and I'll sit in their lap. They think I'm flirting with them.
    -- Kylie Minogue

#Flirting #Thinking #Friendly

• If I tried to flirt with a woman and she didn't know who I was, she would run away.
    -- Larry David

#Running #Flirting #Running Away

• I should not have to flirt with someone while I'm trying to threaten someone else with a gun; it was too hard to do both.
    -- Laurell K. Hamilton

#Gun #Flirting #Trying

• Texting is not flirting, if you don't care about me enough to say the words than that's not love, I don't like it!
    -- Lauren Graham

#Flirty #Flirting #Care

• They're just talking. They're flirting kind of like they're strangers, but at the same time they also seem to know each other really well. I don't get it." "So they're taking it slow. What's wrong with that?" Bill asked. "Kids today, they just want things to go fast-- boom boom BOOM.
    -- Lauren Kate

#Kids #Flirting #Talking

• Straight girls like me. They flirt with me to get whatever they want. Of course it works.
    -- Lea DeLaria

#Girl #Flirting #Want

• On a scale of one to ten, I'm probably a six when it comes to flirting. I'm quite shy.
    -- Liam Payne

#Flirting #Shy #Six

• When i started flirting with the hustle, failure became my ex, now I'm engaged to the game and married to success.
    -- Lil Wayne

#Flirty #Flirting #Games

• Christopher heard a pair of women gossiping nearby, whispering in disapproving undertones. "... Ramsey was found flirting in a corner with a woman. They had to drag him away from her." "Who was it?" "His own wife." "Oh, dear.
    -- Lisa Kleypas

#Flirting #Wife #Pairs

• Because whipping an atlas at Jackson's head while he was flirt-touching that Frankie girl in geography would have been very satisfying. And beating him with the Eiffel Tower snowglobe while he kissed Cleo in French would have been tres cathartic. But she hadn't. Instead she'd been egg-like: a hard shell on the outside, and a runny mess on the inside.
    -- Lisi Harrison

#Crush #Girl #Flirting

• Flirtation and coquetry are so nearly allied as to be identical; both are the art of successful and pleasing deception.
    -- Louise Colet

#Art #Successful #Flirting

• Flirting with death is the spice of life.
    -- Margaret M. Lock

#Life #Flirting #Spices

• Do you think that clothes have a life of their own, and maybe have unsuitable affairs with opposite styles? I mean - you look at some people - their clothes go on flirting long after the people inside them have lost interest.
    -- Margaret Mahy

#Mean #Flirting #Thinking

• To have a man who can flirt is next thing to indispensable to a leader of society.
    -- Margaret Oliphant

#Flirty #Flirting #Men

• Flirting is a cheap, dangerous shortcut to get something you can't hold after you get it.
    -- Margery Wilson

#Flirting #Shortcuts #Dangerous

• Food served is always more than just food served. That is to say, it is more than just fuel for the body. Depending upon who has prepared the food and who has served it and with what spirit, it can uplift the--and around the world, in every culture, food is used to flirt, to be coy, a raise in the employment or to search for employment. It can bring warring factions together.
    -- Maya Angelou

#Uplifting #Flirting #Together

• I used to flirt with fundamentalism, and I had this idea that creation was something that happened. Now I see creation as something that is happening. Hundreds of millions of stars are still being born every day. Creation is an ongoing process. The Artist has not yet cleaned out the brushes. The paint is still wet. Human beings are the small clumps of clay and breath, and we have been handed brushes of our own, like young artist apprentices. The brushes aren't ours, nor the paint or canvas, but here they are in our hands, on loan. What shall we make?
    -- Michael Gungor

#Stars #Flirting #Artist

• There you are!” he shouted at them. “Father has half the castle turned out looking for you.” “Us?” Hadrian asked. “Yes.” Fanen nodded. “He wants to see the two thieves in his chambers right away.” “You didn’t steal the silver or anything, did you, Royce?” Hadrian asked. “I would bet it has more to do with your flirting with Lenare this afternoon and threatening Mauvin just to show off,” Royce retorted. “That was your fault,” Hadrian said, jabbing his finger at him.
    -- Michael J. Sullivan

#Father #Flirting #Two

• Did you hear about the recently discovered temple in the Sudan ?" I stared at him. "Yeah. I'm a regular reader of National Geographic." Ol' Frankie's brows quirked. "You wield sarcasm, madam, as well as a master swordsman does." "Gee, thanks." I smiled at him and batted my lashes. Quit flirting . Patrick flicked the command into my head. He sounded half-annoyed, half-amused. I'm not flirting. Quit being cute and likeable. An impossible request. I've always been too adorable for words.
    -- Michele Bardsley

#Cute #Sarcasm #Flirting

• I kinda flirt with everything and everyone, no matter if it's a tree or a coffee cup. I can't resist.
    -- Mika

#Coffee #Flirting #Tree

• Flirting is a promise of sexual intercourse without a guarantee.
    -- Milan Kundera

#Flirting #Promise #Guarantees

• Men like to flirt with, and sometimes even date a wild child, but those women aren't usually first on their lists for marriage or motherhood.
    -- Nancy Leigh DeMoss

#Children #Motherhood #Flirting

• A flirt is like a dipper attached to a hydrant; every one is at liberty to drink from it, but no one desires to carry it away.
    -- Nathaniel Parker Willis

#Flirting #Desire #Liberty

• Flirtation is a circulating library, in which we seldom ask twice for the same volume.
    -- Nathaniel Parker Willis

#Flirting #Library #Volume

• It’s not lying, it’s flirting.
    -- Neil Strauss

#Lying #Flirting

• I'm not really a flirt; I just try to be myself.
    -- Niall Horan

#Flirting #Trying