Sister quotes

• It is true that I was born in Iowa, but I can't speak for my twin sister.
    -- Abigail Van Buren

#Sister #Iowa #Twins

• We hang out, we help one another, we tell one another our worst fears and biggest secrets, and then just like real sisters, we listen and don't judge.
    -- Adriana Trigiani

#Sister #Real #Judging

• I consider my mom and all my sisters my friends.
    -- Alexa Vega

#Family #Sister #Mom

• To his sister-in-law: What a contrast between us! You live a warm and glowing life, surrounded by loved ones whom you care for and who care for you; you are anchored in contentment. I drift about without rudder or compass, a wreck on the sea of life; I have no memories to cheer me, no pleasant illusions of the future to comfort me, or about me to satisfy my vanity. I have no family to furnish the only kind of survival that concerns us, no friends for the wholesome development of my affections, or enemies for my malice.
    -- Alfred Nobel

#Sister #Cheer #Memories

• Is solace anywhere more comforting than that in the arms of a sister.
    -- Alice Walker

#Inspiring #Sister #Comforting

• I've got two sisters and they're both married and they're both much more settled into the way things are.
    -- Ann Wilson

#Sister #Two #Way

• Of the many guests we welcomed to the Mickey Mouse Club, my absolute favorites were the Lennon Sisters.
    -- Annette Funicello

#Sister #Guests #Clubs

• She wouldn't climb out of the bed for her sister, but she had climbed into a crater. She wouldn't cross a room, but she had crossed a continent.
    -- Anthony Marra

#Sister #Bed #Rooms

• It always seems to the brothers and the father that their brother or son didn't marry the right person.
    -- Anton Chekhov

#Sister #Brother #Father

• Sweet is the voice of a sister in the season of sorrow.
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

#Sister #Sweet #Voice

• It's called Sisters of the Winter Madrigal. It was interesting for me to see it done after so many years; because I wrote it and I didn't realize what a rage I was in.
    -- Beth Henley

#Sister #Winter #Years

• One of the best things about being an adult is the realization that you can share with your sister and still have plenty for yourself.
    -- Betsy Z. Cohen

#Sister #Adults #Realization

• I was an only child; I didn't have a sister, or sisters.
    -- Beverly Cleary

#Sister #Children #Only Child

• My two elder sisters married Englishmen and went abroad.
    -- Bill Forsyth

#Sister #Two #Married

• She encouraged any artistic impulse I had, and my father discouraged any artistic impulse I had. They took out their problems with each other on me and my sister.
    -- Bill Griffith

#Sister #Father #Artistic

• For many years, our Messianic Jewish brothers and sisters have paid a great price. Other Jews have rejected them, and the Christian church would require they walk away from their traditions to fit into the Gentile culture. We must face these past wrongs.
    -- Bill McCartney

#Sister #Christian #Brother

• Ah, bless you, Sister, may all your sons be bishops.
    -- Brendan Behan

#Sister #Son #Bishops

• There are two types of encryption: one that will prevent your sister from reading your diary and one that will prevent your government.
    -- Bruce Schneier

#Sister #Reading #Government

• My look was even more solidified when I started singing in Greenwich Village with my sister Lucy. We wore matching dresses as the Simon Sisters.
    -- Carly Simon

#Sister #Singing #Dresses

• In thee my soul shall own combined the sister and the friend.
    -- Catherine Killigrew

#Sister #Soul #Thee

• A good wife is one who serves her husband in the morning like a mother does, loves him in the day like a sister does and pleases him like a prostitute in the night.
    -- Chanakya

#Sister #Mother #Morning

• The next day the two sisters went to the ball, and so did Cinderella, but dressed more magnificently than before. The King's son was always by her side, and his pretty speeches to her never ceased.
    -- Charles Perrault

#Sister #Kings #Son

• You can kid the world, but not your sister.
    -- Charlotte Gray

#Sister #Sibling #Kids

• We may look old and wise to the outside world. But to each other, we are still in junior school.
    -- Charlotte Gray

#Sister #Wise #School

• Elder sisters never can do younger ones justice!
    -- Charlotte Mary Yonge

#Sister #Justice #Elders

• Going out in Paris was like going out in the '30s dressed like the Andrews Sisters. It was everything I'd seen in books at my grandparents' house, only it was our generation.
    -- Christian Lacroix

#Sister #Book #Our Generation

• For there is no friend like a sister in calm or stormy weather; To cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands.
    -- Christina Rossetti

#Family #Sister #Cheer

• Ayurveda is a sister philosophy to yoga. It is the science of life or longevity and it teaches about the power and the cycles of nature, as well as the elements.
    -- Christy Turlington

#Sister #Philosophy #Yoga

• He may have hair upon his chest but, sister, so has Lassie.
    -- Cole Porter

#Sister #Hair #May

• When I go home, I play with my baby dolls and strollers and diaper bags, and play with my sisters.
    -- Dakota Fanning

#Sister #Baby #Home

• You keep your past by having sisters. As you get older, they're the only ones who don't get bored if you talk about your memories.
    -- Deborah Moggach

#Sister #Memories #Past

• Whatever you do they will love you; even if they don't love you they are connected to you till you die. You can be boring and tedious with -sisters, whereas you have to put on a good face with friends.
    -- Deborah Moggach

#Sister #Love You #Faces

• Loomis has always felt himself responsible for the fact that he did not stop Michael when he first murdered his sister, and so he's got that guilt to live with.
    -- Donald Pleasence

#Sister #Guilt #Firsts

• When I was growing up, I always read horror books, while my sister read romance novels.
    -- Dorothy Allison

#Sister #Growing Up #Book

• I was a bratty little sister. I was the youngest of three, and I often felt as though I didn't fit in.
    -- Dorothy Hamill

#Sister #Three #Littles

• My brother and sister are both older than I am and were born before my father went off to World War I.
    -- Douglass North

#Sister #Brother #Father

• She never managed to find herself in these books no matter how hard she tried, exhuming traits from between the pages and donning them for an hour, a day, a week. We think in some ways, we have all done this our whole lives, searching for the book that will give us the keys to ourselves, let us into a wholly formed personality as though it were a furnished room to let. As though we could walk in and look around and say to the gray-haired landlady behind us, "We'll take it."
    -- Eleanor Brown

#Sister #Book #Thinking

• We were never organized readers who would see a book through to its end in any sory of logical order. We weave in and out of words like tourists on a hop-on, hop-off bus tour. Put a book down in the kitchen to go to the bathroom and you might return to find it gone, replaced by another of equal interest. We are indiscriminate.
    -- Eleanor Brown

#Sister #Book #Order

• A sister is both your mirror - and your opposite.
    -- Elizabeth Fishel

#Sister #Mirrors #Opposites

• I have two older sisters; I'm the youngest.
    -- Elizabeth Perkins

#Sister #Two #Older Sister

• I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness.
    -- Emily Dickinson

#Sister #Sibling #Might

• My mother was like a sister to me, only we didn't have sex quite so often.
    -- Emo Philips

#Love #Life #Sister

• Just before my final year of high school, my brother, sister and I moved with my mother to San Francisco.
    -- Eric Allin Cornell

#Sister #Mother #Brother

• I do not mourn the loss of my sister because she will always be with me, in my heart," she says. "I am, however, rather annoyed that my Tara has left me to suffer you lot alone. I do not see as well without her. I do not hear as well without her. I do not feel as well without her. I would be better off without a hand or a leg than without my sister. Then at least she would be here to mock my appearance and claim to be the pretty one for a change. We have all lost our Tara, but I have lost a part of myself as well.
    -- Erin Morgenstern

#Sister #Heart #Loss

• We can choose to humble ourselves by conquering enmity toward our brothers and sisters, esteeming them as ourselves, and lifting them as high or higher than we are. . . .
    -- Ezra Taft Benson

#Sister #Brother #Humble

• Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood.
    -- Fionnula Flanagan

#Sister #Sisterhood #Secret

• I don't like my shoes,' said Rose. 'I'm wearing my shoes and you don't see me complain.' 'You only hear a person complain,' said Rose. 'Not see.' How has Rose lived for seventeen years and no one has killed her, not once?
    -- Franny Billingsley

#Sister #Years #Shoes

• My sister and I were born in San Francisco. When our parents died, we came down here to live with relatives.
    -- Freddy Fender

#Sister #San Francisco #Parent

• Freedom and Justice are twin sisters.
    -- Friedrich Ebert

#Sister #Justice #Twins

• Husbands come and go; children come and eventually they go. Friends grow up and move away. But the one thing that's never lost is your sister.
    -- Gail Sheehy

#Sister #Children #Growing Up

• I was brought up by my mother and my two sisters, although they're older than me and fled the nest very young, so I was technically raised as an only child, but I was very much loved.
    -- Gary Oldman

#Sister #Mother #Children

• You may be as different as the sun and the moon, but the same blood flows through both your hearts. You need her, as she needs you...
    -- George R. R. Martin

#Sister #Heart #Moon

• You nine daughters of Jupiter, sisters of one heart.
    -- Gnaeus Naevius

#Sister #Daughter #Heart

• Sometimes I just walk through; I just show up, as in The Other Sister.
    -- Hector Elizondo

#Sister #Sometimes #Walks

• A successful home is based on the love and helpfulness of children just as it is based on loving parents handling their responsibilities. ... Be eager to forgive when problems arise at home. Help with your younger brothers and sisters when needed. You are their hero.
    -- Hugh W. Pinnock

#Sister #Brother #Children

• My dear sister, I hope, when God Almighty in his righteous providence shall take me out of time into eternity, that it will be by a flash of lightning.
    -- James Otis

#Sister #Lightning #Dear God

• There were once two sisters who were not afriad of the dark because the dark was full of the other's voice across the room, because even when the night was thick and starless they walked home together from the river seeing who could last the longest without turning on her flashlight, not afraid because sometimes in the pitch of night they'd lie on their backs in the middle of the path and look up until the stars came back and when they did, they'd reach their arms up to touch them and did.
    -- Jandy Nelson

#Sister #Stars #Lying

• Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply...
    -- Jane Austen

#Sister #Children #Mean

• Real excellence and humility are not incompatible one with the other, on the contrary they are twin sisters.
    -- Jean-Baptiste Henri Lacordaire

#Sister #Real #Humility

• And my little sister died when she was 16.
    -- Jeremy London

#Sister #Little Sister #Littles

• It is true that a fellow cannot ignore women - but he can think of them as he ought - as sisters, not as sparring partners.
    -- Jim Elliot

#Sister #Thinking #Partners

• In 1792, my Sister told me, I was growing out of my senses.
    -- Joanna Southcott

#Sister #Growing #My Sister

• I have a sister, so I know-that relationship, it's all about fairness: you want your sibling to have exactly what you have-the same amount of toys, the same number of meatballs on your spaghetti, the same share of love. But being a mother is completely different. You want your child to have more than you ever did. You want to build a fire underneath her and watch her soar. It's bigger than words.
    -- Jodi Picoult

#Sister #Mother #Children

• If you have a sister and she dies, do you stop saying you have one? Or are you always a sister, even when the other half of the equation is gone?
    -- Jodi Picoult

#Sister #Sibling #Loss

• The chilly December day! two shivering bicycle mechanics from Dayton, Ohio first felt their homemade contraption whittled out of hickory sticks, gummed together with Arnstein's bicycle cement, stretched with muslin they'd sewn on their sister's sewing machine in their own backyard on Hawthorn Street in Dayton, Ohio, soar into the air above the dunes and the wide beach at Kitty Hawk.
    -- John Dos Passos

#Sister #Beach #Air

• It was post war. It was very gray, very dreary. Everything was still rationed when I first saw the United States in 1951. I went over to visit my sister who was a war bride.
    -- John Mahoney

#Sister #War #United States

• Lord, confound this surly sister, blight her brow with blotch and blister, cramp her larynx, lung and liver, in her guts a galling give her.
    -- John Millington Synge

#Sister #Giving #Lord

• Nobody fights you like your own sister; nobody else knows the most vulnerable parts of you and will aim for them without mercy.
    -- Jojo Moyes

#Sister #Fighting #Vulnerable

• "I'm not going anywhere," she told me that night. But until we are old ladies-a cypress age, a Sawtooth age-I will continue to link arms with her, in public, in private, in a panic of love.
    -- Karen Russell

#Sister #Night #Age

• Bless you, my darling, and remember you are always in the heart - oh tucked so close there is no chance of escape - of your sister.
    -- Katherine Mansfield

#Sister #Heart #Chance

• We each deal with childhood in different ways. That brothers and sisters can take the same lump of clay that is childhood and use it to shape themselves into unique human beings is a miracle in itself. Despite individual struggles, triumphs, joys and disappointments, someone is made of the same stuff and has been at your side, whether figuratively or literally, from the beginning. Use our brother and sister quote collection to explore this truth and gain compassionate understanding for yourself and your siblings.
    -- Laura Ramirez

#Sister #Brother #Disappointment

• I, Lawrence Klein, was born in Omaha, Nebraska, as were my elder brother and younger sister.
    -- Lawrence Klein

#Sister #Brother #Nebraska

• The ones the listeners loved most of all in those early years were the four Lennon girls who became the whole nation's little sisters.
    -- Lawrence Welk

#Sister #Girl #Years

• My sister taught me everything I really need to know, and she was only in sixth grade at the time.
    -- Linda Sunshine

#Sister #Needs #Taught

• More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you've been bad and good.
    -- Linda Sunshine

#Sister #Santa #Santa Claus

• If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child.
    -- Linda Sunshine

#Sister #Children #Only Child

• If sisters were free to express how they really feel, parents would hear this: "Give me all the attention and all the toys and send Rebecca to live with Grandma."
    -- Linda Sunshine

#Sister #Grandma #Giving

• May and I are sisters. We'll always fight, but we'll always make up as well. That's what sisters do: we argue, we point out each other's frailties, mistakes, and bad judgment, we flash the insecurities we've had since childhood, and then we come back together. Until the next time.
    -- Lisa See

#Sister #Mistake #Fighting

• We hug, but there are no tears. For every awful thing that's been said and done, she is my sister. Parents die, daughters grow up and marry out, but sisters are for life. She is the only person left in the world who shares my memories of our childhood, our parents, our Shanghai, our struggles, our sorrows, and, yes, even our moments of happiness and triumph. My sister is the one person who truly knows me, as I know her. The last thing May says to me is 'When our hair is white, we'll still have our sister love.
    -- Lisa See

#Sister #Daughter #Growing Up

• Sisters, as you know, also have a unique relationship. This is the person who has known you your entire life, who should love you and stand by you no matter what, and yet it's your sister who knows exactly where to drive the knife to hurt you the most.
    -- Lisa See

#Sister #Hurt #Love You

• I'm the oldest and I've got two sisters.
    -- Lisa Snowdon

#Sister #Two #Two Sisters

• Rock 'n' roll offered me a platform to speak what I felt. It also offered me a platform to support my mama and my brothers and sisters - twelve children.
    -- Little Richard

#Sister #Brother #Children

• But my brother Joey was there, and my sister Tina Nina Minnelli was there.
    -- Liza Minnelli

#Sister #Brother #Nina

• I always went to my sister, because she was older and had the care of me after my mother died.
    -- Lizzie Borden

#Sister #Mother #Care

• My sister Liza and I have never felt that we were in competition.
    -- Lorna Luft

#Sister #Competition #My Sister

• Between sisters, often, the child's cry never dies down. "Never leave me," it says; "do not abandon me."
    -- Louise Bernikow

#Sister #Children #Cry

• Of two sisters one is always the watcher, one the dancer.
    -- Louise Glück

#Sister #Two #Dancer

• My sisters were going out with artists and poets, and eventually it was the creative world which attracted me.
    -- Luc Ferrari

#Sister #Artist #Creative

• My father's sister never married in order to raise me.
    -- Marcel Carne

#Sister #Father #Order

• If physical death is the price that I must pay to free my white brothers and sisters from a permanent death of the spirit, then nothing can be more redemptive.
    -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

#Inspirational #Change #Sister

• There can be no situation in life in which the conversation of my dear sister will not administer some comfort to me.
    -- Mary Wortley Montagu

#Sister #Comfort #Conversation

• I don't believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at.
    -- Maya Angelou

#Sister #Brother #Sibling

• It was my sister Maureen who was responsible for my becoming a Reagan.
    -- Michael Reagan

#Sister #Becoming #My Sister

• Sister Virginia used to say, 'You'll be known by the company you keep.'
    -- Michael Scheuer

#Sister #Virginia #Used

• Sometimes when I visit my sister and her two children, I wonder if she missed a lot by getting married. Right now, nothing could be further from my mind than getting married.
    -- Natalie Wood

#Sister #Children #Two

• My sister is a nurse and saves people's lives.
    -- Nicholas Lea

#Sister #Nurse #People

• For me being the youngest, there was never ever anything that was an issue to cause rivalry between me and my sisters.
    -- Nicole Appleton

#Sister #Issues #Causes

• The typewriting machine, when played with expression, is no more annoying than the piano when played by a sister or near relation.
    -- Oscar Wilde

#Funny #Sister #Sarcastic

• If your sister is in a tearing hurry to go out and cannot catch your eye, she's wearing your best sweater.
    -- Pam Brown

#Funny #Sister #Sibling

• Sisters annoy, interfere, criticize. Indulge in monumental sulks, in huffs, in snide remarks. Borrow. Break. Monopolize the bathroom. Are always underfoot. But if catastrophe should strike, sisters are there. Defending you against all comers.
    -- Pam Brown

#Sister #Sibling #Bathroom