Shopping quotes

• Um,i'm going shopping for a dress for the Homecoming Dance with Miranda,Wyatt and Leif." Dank chuckled."So,Leif's wearing a dress?
    -- Abbi Glines

#Shopping #Dresses #Homecoming

• If the British are a nation of shopkeepers, Americans are a nation of shoppers.
    -- Ada Louise Huxtable

#Shopping #United States #British

• Style is the only thing you can't buy. It's not in a shopping bag, a label, or a price tag. It's something reflected from our soul to the outside world. An emotion.
    -- Alber Elbaz

#Shopping #Soul #Style

• Forget men, I want to marry my MacBook. It’s dependable, reliable and you can even go shopping with it.
    -- Alexandra Potter

#Men #Shopping #Want

• I like that 'Mad Men' is now an adjective I use to describe clothing when I'm shopping: 'I like this top. It's very 'Mad Men.''
    -- Alison Brie

#Men #Shopping #Mad

• The great subversive works of children's literature suggest that there are other views of human life besides those of the shopping mall and the corporation. They mock current assumptions and express the imaginative, unconventional, noncommercial view of the world in its simplest and purest form. They appeal to the imaginative, questioning, rebellious child within all of us, renew our instinctive energy, and act as a force for change. This is why such literature is worthy of our attention and will endure long after more conventional tales have been forgotten.
    -- Alison Lurie

#Children #Views #Shopping

• I'm not really into clubbing, I like to go to parties after events, and those do end up at clubs or bars. But in my free time I go grocery shopping or to the gym, or I talk on the phone.
    -- Amanda Seyfried

#Party #Shopping #Phones

• Weekly $25,000 shopping binges at Barney's and "high end" boutiques for clothes I barely wore were the norm. So were lavish meals with friends where I picked up $1000 tabs. These high-priced activities were within my limits because I was extremely successful financially, a testament to my manic behavior, not to mention my involvement in illegal activities.
    -- Andy Behrman

#Successful #Shopping #Clothes

• Cut down on your use of plastic shopping bags because many end up in the ocean.
    -- Angela Kinsey

#Ocean #Cutting #Shopping

• Consumers have not been told effectively enough that they have huge power and that purchasing and shopping involve a moral choice.
    -- Anita Roddick

#Shopping #Choices #Moral

• Anyone who believes the competitive spirit in America is dead has never been in a supermarket when the cashier opens another check-out line.
    -- Ann Landers

#Believe #Shopping #America

• I was doing the family grocery shopping accompanied by two children, an event I hope to see included in the Olympics in the near future.
    -- Anna Quindlen

#Children #Shopping #Two

• I will go out of my way to avoid the shopping crowds and the extreme consumerism - I hate all that.
    -- Annie Lennox

#Hate #Shopping #Crowds

• There are television sets in every home, every restaurant, every hotel room, every shopping mall-now they’re even small enough to carry in your pocket like electronic rosaries. It is an unquestioned part of everyday life. Kneeling before the cathode ray God, with our TV Guide concordance in hand, we maintain the illusion of choice by flipping channels (chapters and verses). It doesn’t matter what is flashing on the screen-all that’s important is that the TV stays on.
    -- Anton Szandor LaVey

#Home #Hands #Shopping

• When not eating, I like shopping; although I'm afraid I've become a bit of a cliche.
    -- Arabella Weir

#Shopping #Cliche #Eating

• The car, the furniture, the wife, the children - everything has to be disposable. Because you see the main thing today is - shopping.
    -- Arthur Miller

#Children #Shopping #Wife

• I like shopping from the comfort of my bed whilst my husband is asleep beside me.
    -- Ashley Madekwe

#Husband #Shopping #Bed

• Every time you take a train, step into your car, walk into the shopping mall, go to the airport - every single time, something could happen. That's how terrorism works.
    -- Ayaan Hirsi Ali

#Airports #Shopping #Car

• I hate shopping. I don't go shopping. If I do, I run in and out.
    -- Bai Ling

#Running #Hate #Shopping

• We can't do anything to change the world until capitalism crumbles. In the meantime we should all go shopping to console ourselves,
    -- Banksy

#Shopping #World #Should

• I should probably confess that ice cream is my favorite food, and I eat it every night. When I go grocery shopping, I try to buy a new flavor, rather than reverting back to a favorite flavor. I'm on a mission to taste every flavor of ice cream out there!
    -- Becca Fitzpatrick

#Night #Ice Cream #Shopping

• I do all of the grocery shopping in my little family. I buy cheese, of many different kinds, sliced packaged meats and poultry, bagels, immense quantities of eggs, pre-made fried chicken. Milk. Bacon. It is insane how much dairy, deli and bakery stuff I buy.
    -- Ben Stein

#Eggs #Shopping #Insane

• If you are shopping for common stocks, choose them the way you would buy groceries, not the way you would buy perfume.
    -- Benjamin Graham

#Intelligent #Shopping #Investing

• Here, you go to the supermarket and you have wipes to clean your hands before shopping. No, we don't have that in France, but we recycle
    -- Berenice Bejo

#Hands #Shopping #Wipe

• I despise shopping and department stores.
    -- Bethenny Frankel

#Shopping #Stores #Despise

• The seasons don't matter to most of us anymore except as spectacles. In my county and in many places around this part of the nation, the fair that once marked the harvest now takes place in late August, while tourist dollars are still in heavy circulation. Why celebrate the harvest when you harvest every week with a shopping cart?
    -- Bill McKibben

#Time #August #Shopping

• Shopping online is fantastic for comparison shopping, because never before have you had the ability to see all the prices offered from everybody at one time.
    -- Bill Vaughan

#Shopping #Online #Fantastic

• Cities may now bulldoze private citizens' homes, farms and small businesses to make way for shopping malls or other developments.
    -- Bob Goodlatte

#Home #Cities #Shopping

• I'll be out shopping, and all it takes is for one person to recognise me and it can get scary.
    -- Bonnie Wright

#Shopping #Scary #Recognise

• I don't know what's wrong with my television set. I was getting C-Span and the Home Shopping Network on the same station. I actually bought a congressman.
    -- Bruce Baum

#Funny #Home #Shopping

• Boredom turns a man to sex, a woman to shopping, and it drives newscasters berserk.
    -- Bruce Herschensohn

#Sex #Men #Shopping

• I have always had the same New Year resolutions: To stop smoking, to start wearing a bra, and to stop shopping.
    -- Cameron Diaz

#New Year #Years #Shopping

• This is where our obsession with going fast and saving time leads. To road rage, air rage, shopping rage, relationship rage, office rage, vacation rage, gym rage. Thanks to speed, we live in the age of rage.
    -- Carl Honore

#Vacation #Shopping #Air

• The Carmen Electra cards give me another way to connect with my fans while providing them the ability to enjoy the convenience of shopping or paying bills with ease -- online and offline, ... Payment Data Systems is the perfect partner for me because of the capabilities the company already has in place.
    -- Carmen Electra

#Data #Shopping #Giving

• I don't shop because I need something, I just shop for shopping's sake.
    -- Cat Deeley

#Shopping #Needs #Sake

• I hate last-minute shopping, it's always unsuccessful.
    -- Cat Deeley

#Hate #Shopping #Lasts

• Occasionally I go shopping for clothes, but I find the whole thing a real chore.
    -- Catherine McCormack

#Real #Shopping #Clothes

• The specific story line that people have responded to the most has been the horror of bathing suit shopping.
    -- Cathy Guisewite

#Shopping #People #Stories

• When I hear health professionals suggesting that you shouldn't worry about the balance of calories in versus calories out, but rather eat clean and follow your hunger instincts, well, I really just want to pinch their heads off. That's like a millionaire suggesting that instead of worrying about that's in your bank account, just listen to your shopping instincts and buy high-quality goods . . . weight loss is not magic. To a great extent, it's accounting.
    -- Chalene Johnson

#Loss #Shopping #Worry

• The biggest moment of flexibility in our shopping habits is when we have a child, because all of your old routines go out the window, and suddenly a marketer can come in and sell you new things.
    -- Charles Duhigg

#Children #Shopping #Window

• The sugar industry doesn't want to see more of the agricultural areas turned into storm-water treatment areas. Ultimately they want to develop that land for houses and a shopping center.
    -- Charles Lee

#Land #Shopping #Agriculture

• My hairdresser and I found ourselves shopping at Bloomingdale's with nothing to do for days.
    -- Chita Rivera

#Shopping #Found #Hairdresser

• I had a personal blog, but why does anyone care that I went shopping for hats?
    -- Chris Hardwick

#Shopping #Doe #Care

• Every town has the same two malls: the one white people go to and the one white people used to go to.
    -- Chris Rock

#Funny #Shopping #Two

• I love dress shopping, and I love talking about the wedding food. That's what makes me happy. If you tell me to do a guest list, I cry. I hate it.
    -- Chrissy Teigen

#Hate #Talking #Shopping

• I love shopping! I'm impatient though. I'll go to the mall and in 30 minutes be ready to go.
    -- Ciara

#Shopping #Impatient #Minutes

• One beautiful day, a radiant day, Mr Abramovich introduced himself to me and said I should put a shopping list together
    -- Claudio Ranieri

#Beautiful #Shopping #Together

• I got rid of my glasses and they changed my hair. That's really all they did. They went shopping for me, so the clothes are different too. It wasn't like Extreme Makeover where I got a nose job or anything.
    -- Clay Aiken

#Jobs #Shopping #Clothes

• Swingers are all from the suburbs and consequently brain-addled by car pools, shopping malls, and welcome wagons.
    -- Cynthia Heimel

#Cities #Shopping #Car

• I quickly discovered that trying to go play golf while living in Manhattan was about as easy as trying to grab a taxi while standing out in front of Saks Fifth Avenue in the freezing rain on the last shopping day before Christmas.
    -- Dan Jenkins

#Rain #Golf #Shopping

• I absolutely fell in love with Moscow. It's one of those places where you can't help but trip over history at every turn. It's a city of enormous contradictions. Within a few yards of Lenin's Tomb is some of the most expensive shopping in the world.
    -- Daniel Silva

#Cities #Shopping #Yards

• We're designed to be hunters and we're in a society of shopping. There's nothing to kill anymore, there's nothing to fight, nothing to overcome, nothing to explore. In that societal emasculation this everyman is created.
    -- David Fincher

#Fighting #Shopping #Overcoming

• You work with people who are obsessive about shopping, obsessive about owning things and buying things, like this purchase is going to make them happy. And you want to say to them, You know, no amount of real estate is gonna fill that void.
    -- David LaChapelle

#Real #Shopping #People

• I love summer. Because it means I can wear a bikini top and shorts, even just to go shopping.
    -- David Wain

#Summer #Mean #Shopping

• You can look in every direction and find a competition or an event going on. Even if you're not involved in playing one of the sports being offered, you can find anything you want to do. There's shopping, entertainment, all different types of people ... it's really a great atmosphere.
    -- Dawn Staley

#Sports #Shopping #People

• The Internet has transformed many parts of our daily lives, touching everything from how we find information to how we go shopping, get directions, and even stay in touch with friends and family.
    -- Dean Ornish

#Shopping #Touching #Family And Friends

• I really love Paul Smith. And Chrome Hearts. They make the most beautiful, high-end leather and outerwear and jewelry youve ever seen. But Im not a big fan of shopping. I certainly am a fan of clothes and especially people that put time into the construction of them.
    -- Dean Winters

#Beautiful #Heart #Shopping

• There is a restless kind of consumer shopping for partners, as if the "right one" can be found by totting up a potential mate's pluses and minuses until the number of pluses matches some mythical standards.
    -- Deepak Chopra

#Single #Shopping #Numbers

• One quarter of what you buy will turn out to be mistakes.
    -- Delia Ephron

#Mistake #Shopping #Quarters

• And then, I do love my shopping, but actually, lounging is the big thing.
    -- Delta Burke

#Shopping #Lounging #Bigs

• I set a personal record on Christmas. I got my shopping done three weeks ahead of time. I had all the presents back at my apartment, I was halfway through wrapping them, and I realized, 'Damn, I used the wrong wrapping paper.' The paper I used said, 'Happy Birthday.' I didn't want to waste it, so I just wrote 'Jesus' on it.
    -- Demetri Martin

#Jesus #Funny Christmas #Shopping

• After I had the Caesarean, I was told I had really strong stomach muscles and so would heal very quickly. And I did. I was up walking about within three hours. Six days after having her, I was out shopping and shortly after that I made it to David Walliams' wedding.
    -- Denise Van Outen

#Wedding #Strong #Shopping

• Most everything I do revolves around tae kwon do. That said, I like to be a typical girl and go shopping. I have three nieces and nephews that I like to hang out with. I'm also finishing my last semester at the University of Houston, where I'm majoring in childhood education.
    -- Diana Lopez

#Girl #Niece #Shopping

• No decision should be made on an empty shopping bag.
    -- Donita K. Paul

#Shopping #Decision #Bags

• I love Tate Modern; there's such great style and shopping here. I love the galleries and the pubs out on the street, just having your pint as the sun is setting.
    -- Drew Barrymore

#Shopping #Style #Sun

• I'd watch my father get up at 5 o'clock and go down to the Eastern Market in Detroit to do the shopping for his restaurant, and get that business going and then go out on his vending machine business.
    -- Ed Bradley

#Father #Shopping #Watches

• I take the family shopping round. The markets of the world.
    -- Edgar Guest

#Shopping #World

• Two drinks a day. Two drinks a day. TWO DRINKS A DAY! It doesn't work! Not when you want eleven, and not when you start shopping for wine glasses in the vase department at Bloomingdales.
    -- Elaine Stritch

#Wine #Glasses #Shopping

• When women are depressed, they eat or go shopping.
    -- Elayne Boosler

#Shopping

• I wear a pedometer, aiming for five miles a day - don't be too impressed; that includes walking around my house and food shopping.
    -- Elinor Lipman

#Shopping #House #Miles

• For some people, history is simply what your wife looks good standing in front of. It’s what’s cast in bronze, or framed in sepia tones, or acted out with wax dummies and period furniture. It takes place in glass bubbles filled with water and chunks of plastic snow; it’s stamped on souvenir pencils and summarized in reprint newspapers. History nowadays is recorded in memorabilia. If you can’t purchase a shopping bag that alludes to something, people won’t believe it ever happened.
    -- Elizabeth McCracken

#Believe #Shopping #Glasses

• We were both very much the same. We were both very impulsive. We both loved life. We both loved shopping. We both had a love of clothes, obviously, because he was the designer that I kind of wore forever and ever.
    -- Elton John

#Shopping #Clothes #Forever

• I love shopping, especially food shopping.
    -- Emma Bunton

#Shopping

• I don't have pets, I have two guard dogs; and I don't do my own shopping; it's a security thing.
    -- Enya

#Dog #Shopping #Two

• Shopping is a woman thing. It's a contact sport like football. Women enjoy the scrimmage, the noisy crowds, the danger of being trampled to death, and the ecstasy of the purchase.
    -- Erma Bombeck

#Sports #Football #Shopping

• Modern man is drinking and drugging himself out of awareness, or he spends his time shopping, which is the same thing.
    -- Ernest Becker

#Drinking #Men #Shopping

• I go shopping maybe three times a year in an intense way. I'm like a man. Can't spend too much time in a shop.
    -- Eva Green

#Men #Years #Shopping

• Christmas is a season of such infinite labour, as well as expense in the shopping and present-making line, that almost every woman I know is good for nothing in purse and person for a month afterwards, done up physically, and broken down financially.
    -- Fanny Kemble

#Christmas #Shopping #Broken

• I don't have much time for shopping so I pick things up when I can. My favorite labels are APC, Isabel Marant and Agnes B because the clothes are cut small and have a simplicity to them.
    -- Felicity Jones

#Cutting #Shopping #Clothes

• I choose the places I go to carefully and wisely. I'll rarely go to a shopping mall anymore.
    -- Fran Drescher

#Shopping #Malls

• Taking the things people do wrong seriously is part of taking them seriously. It’s part of letting their actions have weight. It’s part of letting their actions be actions rather than just indifferent shopping choices; of letting their lives tell a life-story, with consequences, and losses, and gains, rather than just be a flurry of events. It’s part of letting them be real enough to be worth loving, rather than just attractive or glamorous or pretty or charismatic or cool.
    -- Francis Spufford

#Real #Loss #Shopping

• I don't love reading so much, but I love book shopping.
    -- Francisco Costa

#Book #Reading #Shopping

• Modern man is frantically trying to earn enough to buy things he's too busy to enjoy.
    -- Frank A. Clark

#Money #Men #Shopping

• In general, it’s not too hard to corrupt an American, mostly a matter of supply to their demand. Supply should be variegated to encourage the Illusion of Choice. Other than that they’re looking for numbness, so be ready to sedate. Drugs, booze, television, shopping, etc…
    -- Geoffrey Wood

#Shopping #Numbness #Choices

• I've sold my records outta shopping carts on the street.
    -- GG Allin

#Shopping #Records #Carts

• I do get pleasure from very inconsequential things, like shopping for clothes.
    -- Graham Norton

#Shopping #Clothes #Pleasure

• The things that inform student culture are created and controlled by the unseen culture, the sociological aspects of our climbing culture, our 'me' generation, our yuppie culture, our SUVs, or, you know, shopping culture, our war culture.
    -- Gus Van Sant

#War #Shopping #Yuppies

• Child actors come off as work being their life and doing it 24/7, but I still have those days where it's totally, like, whatever: shopping, movies, adventures.
    -- Hailee Steinfeld

#Children #Adventure #Shopping

• Weekend planning is a prime time to apply the Deathbed Priority Test: On your deathbed, will you wish you'd spent more prime weekend hours grocery shopping or walking in the woods with your kids?
    -- Hal Borland

#Kids #Weekend #Shopping

• I listen a lot to my own music when I'm in the process of making it. In the car, in the kitchen while making food, on my iPod when I go shopping, etc. I listen to it as much as possible, and if I get tired of listening to it, it's not good enough, and I leave it unreleased.
    -- Hans-Peter Lindstrøm

#Tired #Shopping #Ipods

• There's nothing better than online shopping in your PJ's with a glass of wine with the kids asleep!
    -- Helen Wilson

#Wine #Kids #Shopping

• If you're a queen, you're powerless, so I'd probably demote myself and go shopping.
    -- Helena Bonham Carter

#Inspirational #Queens #Shopping

• The most important fact about our shopping malls, as distinct from the ordinary shopping centers where we go for our groceries, is that we do not need most of what they sell, not even for our pleasure or entertainment, not really even for a sensation of luxury. Little in them is essential to our survival, our work, or our play, and the same is true of the boutiques that multiply on our streets.
    -- Henry Fairlie

#Play #Shopping #Luxury

• My basic strategy is to stick to my core business, and to my area of expertise. My businesses are all related - retail, shopping centers, banking, real estate and tourism development. Together they create synergy.
    -- Henry Sy

#Real #Shopping #Together

• What is the disposition which makes men rejoice in good bargains? There are few people who will not be benefited by pondering over the morals of shopping.
    -- Henry Ward Beecher

#Men #Shopping #People

• Popular dissatisfaction seems to occur only when the shopping or the commercials are interrupted. In such an atmosphere, is there any reason to imagine that saturation shopping could be a source of instability to the U.S. world position?
    -- Herbert Schiller

#Shopping #Atmosphere #World

• I haven't reported my missing credit card to the police because whoever stole it is spending less than my wife.
    -- Ilie Nastase

#Missing You #Shopping #Wife

• Win or lose, we go shopping after the election.
    -- Imelda Marcos

#Winning #Shopping #Politics

• Years ago the public used to hound me but now I can go shopping in peace
    -- Irene Dunne

#Years #Shopping #Hounds

• I do have a dominant shopping gene but, unlike a reasonable person, I never plan for what I need each season. I enjoy the thrill of the hunt, the discovery and the endless search. In another creation I was, perhaps, a hunter/gatherer. After all these years, I’ve learned that it’s not the end result or finished product but the process I most enjoy. If my experimenting, searching and juxtaposing turns into an exciting outfit well, it’s just a big fat bonus!
    -- Iris Apfel

#Discovery #Years #Shopping