Helpful quotes

• Let people realize clearly that every time they threaten someone or humiliate or unnecessarily hurt or dominate or reject another human being, they become forces for the creation of psychopathology, even if these be small forces. Let them recognize that every person who is kind, helpful, decent, psychologically democratic, affectionate, and warm, is a psychotheraputic force, even though a small one.
    -- Abraham Maslow

#Hurt #People #Helpful

• If we want users to like our software we should design it to behave like a likeable person: respectful, generous and helpful.
    -- Alan Cooper

#Design #Want #Helpful

• What can we surmise about the likelihood of someone's being caring and generous, loving and helpful, just from knowing that they are a believer? Virtually nothing, say psychologists, sociologists, and others who have studied that question for decade
    -- Alfie Kohn

#Caring #Knowing #Helpful

• Of all devotions, that of adoring Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament is the greatest after the sacraments, the one dearest to God and the one most helpful to us.
    -- Alphonsus Liguori

#Jesus #Blessed #Helpful

• Leaders who refuse to listen, will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing helpful to say
    -- Andy Stanley

#People #Leader #Helpful

• Lennon was very helpful. What he taught me seems completely obvious: he expected people to treat each other well.
    -- Annie Leibovitz

#People #Taught #Helpful

• The reason statins are so helpful is that even those who are trying their best to reach their target and still can't do it have something else to rely on.
    -- Antonio Gotto

#Trying #Target #Helpful

• It was as helpful as throwing a drowning man both ends of the rope.
    -- Arthur Baer

#Men #Rope #Helpful

• The reason domestic pets are so lovable and so helpful to us is because they enjoy, quietly and placidly, the present moment.
    -- Arthur Schopenhauer

#Cat #Pet #Helpful

• One of the hardest things in this world is to admit you are wrong. And nothing is more helpful in resolving a situation than its frank admission.
    -- Benjamin Disraeli

#Honesty #World #Helpful

• Before you speak ask yourself if what you are going to say is true, is kind, is necessary, is helpful. If the answer is no, maybe what you are about to say should be left unsaid.
    -- Bernard Meltzer

#Answers #Helpful #Kind

• This amateurism however, can sometimes be helpful in forging a style; you have to work around your weaknesses.
    -- Bill Bruford

#Style #Weakness #Helpful

• A life is not worth much of which it cannot be said, when it comes to its close, that it was helpful to humanity.
    -- Booker T. Washington

#Inspirational Life #Humanity #Helpful

• I know I'm not a wordsmith. And I don't write poetry. Sometimes I think I should, because it's really helpful. But I always wanted to write novels.
    -- Candace Bushnell

#Writing #Thinking #Helpful

• Of course, tax revenues have ended up being substantially higher than they were at the time these dire projections were made, and we are very close now to having a balanced budget. All that has been very helpful.
    -- Charles M. Vest

#Helpful #Made #Taxes

• Fans will praise you, scold you, and offer helpful advice. Fans will also defend you.
    -- Charley Pride

#Advice #Fans #Helpful

• I am an excellent eviscerator of chickens… a helpful skill in Congress.
    -- Chellie Pingree

#Skills #Helpful #Excellent

• I think we must quote whenever we feel that the allusion is interesting or helpful or amusing.
    -- Clifton Fadiman

#Thinking #Interesting #Helpful

• Since I started in Nascar, popularity has definitely gone up. I've become more attractive and helpful to companies that are looking for spokespersons. So from that perspective, things are going really well.
    -- Danica Patrick

#Perspective #Gone #Helpful

• If you make a film normally it's all right, the distributors are helpful and cooperative. But if you make a film that's a little stange, a little bizarre, then all the time it's a struggle with them.
    -- Dario Argento

#Struggle #Littles #Helpful

• If for some reason you are unsure where to go, all you have to do is stand there looking lost, and within seconds a helpful New Yorker will approach to see if you have any "spare" change.
    -- Dave Barry

#New York #Humorous #Helpful

• You can't please everyone, so proudly exclude people.
    -- Derek Sivers

#People #Marketing #Helpful

• The helpful thought for which you look Is written somewhere in a book.
    -- Edward Gorey

#Book #Looks #Helpful

• The only guy who was at all helpful as a producer was Sam Spiegel with On the Waterfront. He's one of the few who even knows what he's doing.
    -- Elia Kazan

#Guy #Helpful #The Waterfront

• I will vote adamantly against the interests of my district if I actually think what I am doing is going to be helpful.
    -- Eric Massa

#Thinking #Helpful #Vote

• It is helpful to know the proper way to behave, so one can decide whether or not to be proper.
    -- Gail Carson Levine

#Way #Helpful #Behave

• It's always helpful to learn from your mistakes because then your mistakes seem worthwhile.
    -- Garry Marshall

#Mistake #Helpful #Worthwhile

• Unlike the stage, I never found it helpful to be good in a bad movie.
    -- Gene Tierney

#Helpful #Found #Stage

• I'm very confident that the solutions that we are developing are going to be effective not only in application in Iraq, but also will be very helpful for potential homeland security situations as well.
    -- Geoff Davis

#Iraq #Helpful #Situation

• In so far as it takes effect at all, pacifist propaganda can only be effective against those countries where a certain amount of freedom of speech is still permitted; in other words it is helpful to totalitarianism.
    -- George Orwell

#Country #Freedom Of Speech #Helpful

• The political process is rough and tumble by definition, and being grounded in faith in a Higher Power has proven helpful in navigating the difficult terrain.
    -- Hakeem Jeffries

#Political #Definitions #Helpful

• Sometimes the most helpful thing you can do is to stop trying to be helpful.
    -- Harriet Lerner

#Trying #Helpful #Sometimes

• She - philosophy is equally helpful to the rich and poor: neglect her, and she equally harms the young and old.
    -- Horace

#Philosophy #Educational #Helpful

• When you find the absolute values, you are important to this world because you know what is important. Those who know what is truly important are helpful to this world, because they won't put their personal concerns before what is important to all.
    -- Ilchi Lee

#Important #World #Helpful

• Exposure to a diversity of disciplines has been exceptionally helpful to me.
    -- Irene Rosenfeld

#Discipline #Diversity #Helpful

• My mom said I was a handful. Now I'm helpful.
    -- Jamie Lee Curtis

#Mom #Helpful #My Mom

• It has been shown as proof positive that carefully prepared chocolate is as healthful a food as it is pleasant; that it is nourishing and easily digested... that it is above all helpful to people who must do a great deal of mental work.
    -- Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin

#People #Chocolate #Helpful

• If I have a lot of adrenaline in my body, that is helpful because I feel less pain
    -- Jens Lehmann

#Pain #Body #Helpful

• People can't relate to someone who only talks about their successes.
    -- Jeremy Schoemaker

• My background has been very helpful for this experience. But everyone was so accommodating because they knew it's not the most comfortable position to be the new kid.
    -- Jeri Ryan

#Kids #Helpful #Backgrounds

• Talent is helpful in writing, but guts are absolutely necessary.
    -- Jessamyn West

#Courage #Writing #Helpful

• I remember my manager telling me, Be myself, be humble, keep rooted, keep God first. Those words were very helpful.
    -- John Boyega

#Humble #Firsts #Helpful

• You are helpful, and you are loved, and you are forgiven, and you are not alone.
    -- John Green

#Hate #Helpful #Forgiven

• Abstinence is many times very helpful to the end of religion.
    -- John Tillotson

#Helpful #Abstinence #Ends

• I don't have a directorial overview, which sometimes is very helpful.
    -- Julia Barr

#Helpful #Sometimes

• Life as a therapist is ruthless; circumstances that are helpful to one neurotic may crush another.
    -- Karen Horney

#Crush #May #Helpful

• I found the sections on aging, relationships, and procrastinating especially helpful. I really found the tips and suggestions very helpful, inspiring, positive, and motivating. Yes, I would definitely recommend it.
    -- Karen Lewis

#Self Esteem #Suggestions #Helpful

• When you choose to view your stress response as helpful, you create the biology of courage.
    -- Kelly McGonigal

#Stress #Views #Helpful

• Helpful is the new viral.
    -- Laura Fitton

#Social Media #Helpful #Viral

• It's a good thing to feel like you have to prove something
    -- Lauren Conrad

#Addiction #Helpful #Like You

• After trying several unreliable web site hosts, I signed up with NitroTek and was pleased to discover there is a reliable, easy to work with service available to individuals and companies who want to keep a solid presence on the net. NitroTtek is a helpful, no-hassles company to work with.
    -- Lesley Choyce

#Trying #Want #Helpful

• The most important thing to remember is you must know your audience.
    -- Lewis Howes

#Marketing #Important #Helpful

• A lot of the time writers are just sponges... for what's around them, and so books are helpful for focusing your mind and literally putting it into words.
    -- Marcus Mumford

#Book #Mind #Helpful

• When you're improvising, it's fun to find something that you can lean on that is similar to your life experience. In my opinion, that's very helpful.
    -- Mark Duplass

#Fun #Helpful #Opinion

• You can't fake authenticity.
    -- Mark Schaefer

#Fake #Marketing #Helpful

• If I'm within reach and can be helpful, I have a tendency to say 'Yes.' It's hard to say 'No.
    -- Marvin Hamlisch

#Helpful #Tendencies

• The religious lifestyle keeps you focused. It's helpful when trying to manoeuvre through the music scene.
    -- Matisyahu

#Religious #Trying #Helpful

• Anything that you [as an actor] can change about yourself for a part is helpful.
    -- Michael Pitt

#Actors #Helpful #About Yourself

• I believe in celebrating the female figure and embracing what we've been given, not hiding that.
    -- Miranda Kerr

#Believe #Female #Helpful

• I have learned not to do predictions. It's not helpful, psychologically. I don't sit and fret about things.
    -- Mumia Abu-Jamal

#Helpful #Predictions #I Have Learned

• I find that the older you get, the more helpful eyeliner is.
    -- Nick Rhodes

#Helpful #Eyeliner

• More than ever, movies reveal themselves as healing, as helpful, as encouraging, as escapist - anything that makes someone get through their day in these times. It's the best form of entertainment, and it's still arguably the most inexpensive form of entertainment.
    -- Nicolas Cage

#Healing #Entertainment #Helpful

• Violence is like money in the bank; it's only helpful if you don't have to use it.
    -- Nikki Giovanni

#Violence #Use #Helpful

• Dreamers who regard dreams as important and even vital to success in life will receive and remember helpful dreams.
    -- Patricia Garfield

#Dream #Important #Helpful

• It's helpful to remind yourself that meditation is about opening and relaxing with whatever arises, without picking and choosing.
    -- Pema Chodron

#Wisdom #Meditation #Helpful

• Brick walls are there for reason. And once you get over them-- even if someone has practically had to throw you over-- it can be helpful to others to tell them how you did it.
    -- Randy Pausch

#Wall #Bricks #Helpful

• Bear heard Rose in the background saying, 'Why thank you, Mr. Fish.' 'Good redhead. Helpful redhead,' Fish returned.
    -- Regina Doman

#Rose #Bears #Helpful

• Why blame the dark for being dark? It is far more helpful to ask why the light isn’t as bright as it could be.
    -- Rob Bell

#Dark #Light #Helpful

• Judgment of the people in the situation is not helpful. How can you help them is the question.
    -- Russell Simmons

#People #Helpful #Helping

• I have a lot of responsibilities outside myself. I have a large family. I want to know I can always be helpful.
    -- Sarah Jessica Parker

#Responsibility #Want #Helpful

• As an actor, anything that you have to help get you into character is helpful.
    -- Scarlett Johansson

#Character #Actors #Helpful

• I've never kept a record of anything. I gave away everything: all the posters, the memorabilia that would have been helpful - and financially rewarding.
    -- Sean Connery

#Records #Helpful #Posters

• If you don't understand people, you don't understand business.
    -- Simon Sinek

• It is actually helpful to acknowledge the truth that we are just as quirky as everyone else and that God loves quirky!
    -- Stasi Eldredge

#Quirky #Helpful #God Love

• If you can build a company and make money, great. But eventually, my intention is to give all my money away. I told my kids that. [Wealth] is not particularly helpful to kids. It's almost a burden. It's better to allow them to do their own thing and have their own successes.
    -- Steve Case

#Kids #Giving #Helpful

• Be helpful - even if there's no immediate profit in it.
    -- Susan Ward

#Educational #Helpful #Profit

• The Buddha taught complete honesty, with the extra instruction that everything a person says should be truthful and helpful.
    -- Sylvia Boorstein

#Honesty #Taught #Helpful

• One doesn’t become a witch to run around being helpful either…. It’s to escape all that – to have a life of one’s own, not an existence doled out to you by others, charitable refuse of their thoughts, so many ounces of stale bread of life a day.
    -- Sylvia Townsend Warner

#Running #Bread #Helpful

• Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual.
    -- Terry Pratchett

#Helpful

• I'm kind of perverse in that I think pessimism is helpful. My pessimism is my own kind of patriotism. My dissent.
    -- Tracy Letts

#Thinking #Helpful #Kind

• There have been many occasions when I found it helpful to talk out loud to my own thoughts, ordering the unwholesome ones to go off somewhere and jump into the river.
    -- Vash Young

#Rivers #Helpful #Found

• It's about using the right tools, with the right triggers, within a proper marketing framework
    -- Vishen Lakhiani

#Marketing #Tools #Helpful

• Simplicity hinges as much on cutting nonessential features as on adding helpful ones.
    -- Walter Bender

#Cutting #Simplicity #Helpful

• Just because I've stopped working doesn't mean that I've stopped being helpful.
    -- Walter Huston

#Mean #Aging #Helpful

• I thought some of Mrs. White's material was prophetic. I felt some of her insights were extremely helpful and I regarded her as a sister in the Lord. I wasn't out to attack Ellen White's character.
    -- Walter Martin

#Character #White #Helpful

• It was helpful to have the American troops there in great strength. They knew there'd be consequences if they didn't move back. Now, there has been some removal of the foreign forces.
    -- Warren Christopher

#Moving #Troops #Helpful

• I think seeing some of the past can be helpful, especially if you're into crime solving.
    -- Yancy Butler

#Thinking #Past #Helpful

• In fact, we actually listen to fans all the time. It's helpful because you want to get a sense of what people are looking for and what they disagree with.
    -- Alex Kurtzman

#People #Helpful #Disagree

• When one is altering the face of the universe one cannot remember small helpful acts.
    -- Alice Foote MacDougall

#Gratitude #Faces #Helpful

• As a director you already have a script, you have actors... you have collaborators when you're a director. When you're writing there's no one to collaborate with, there's no material to look at. I haven't adapted something yet, so, I'm sure that would be helpful. When you're writing an original piece you have nothing.
    -- Ben Younger

#Writing #Helpful

• Learning how to do some of the technical work on the film can be helpful too and allows you to start the film on your own. However, if you are passionate about an idea, just begin.
    -- Chris Hegedus

#Ideas #Passionate #Helpful

• Writing music is always really helpful for me. It always reveals to me how I am feeling.
    -- Erika M. Anderson

#Writing #Feelings #Helpful

• I always feel like, when you go into an audition, your best chance at success is to be as comfortable as you can be. It's generally more helpful for me to just be confident and comfortable.
    -- Hoon Lee

#Auditions #Chance #Helpful

• Focusing on negative situations is never helpful.
    -- Jacqui Holland

#Negative #Helpful #Situation

• What my previous film 'Paper Tigers' have proven, is that it can point toward helpful tools for change.
    -- James Redford

#Tools #Paper #Helpful

• I'm interested in taking things from my relationship that I don't see on screen - or that I feel like that could be useful or helpful if it were out in the open - and trying to put that in the movies as much as possible.
    -- Joe Swanberg

#Trying #Helpful #Feels

• It would be helpful if everybody would focus on getting the right outcome from Brexit. An aggressive stand by the EU will only feed into those who promote the narrative of "better off out".
    -- Keir Starmer

#Focus #Helpful #Aggressive

• The basic problem with the Non-Proliferation Treaty is there's no teeth in it, no penalties for countries that don't comply. Worse, as you say, the very naïve structure of the NPT has actually made it helpful for countries who want to acquire nuclear weapons. Iraq, North Korea, Iran, all used the NPT to build up their nuclear programs.
    -- Kenneth M. Pollack

#Country #Helpful #Problem

• In New York, there's so much stuff going on all the time, and when I first moved here my productivity went down. I felt like I had certain social obligations. I found the more that I was like, "Don't listen to other music," or "Don't watch other things," and, "Don't go to other shows," for a specific time period, if I really need to complete something, that is the most helpful tool for me.
    -- Kissey

#Helpful #Obligation #Moved

• With "marriage," the word gets applied to same-sex marriages by proponents and opponents alike. That means the word itself is changing, and we reflect this change. But because of the idea that the dictionary is the objective voice of authority over culture and knowledge, it reads like approval. It's not a helpful way of looking at lexicography.
    -- Kory Stamper

#Mean #Culture #Helpful