Signatures quotes

• Success is when your signature becomes an autograph.
    -- Abdul Kalam

#Signatures

• SUCCESS DEFINITION-- WHEN OUR SIGNATURE CHANGES TO AUTOGRAPH ,this marks the success.
    -- Abdul Kalam

#Signatures #Definitions #Mark

• A conservationist is one who is humbly aware that with each stroke [of the axe] he is writing his signature on the face of the land.
    -- Aldo Leopold

#Writing #Land #Signatures

• Compassion is the signature of Higher Consciousness. Non-violence is the tool to evolve into the Higher Consciousness.
    -- Amit Ray

#Compassion #Violence #Signatures

• When your signature dish is hamburger in between a doughnut, and you've been cheerfully selling this stuff knowing all along that you've got Type 2 Diabetes... It's in bad taste if nothing else,
    -- Anthony Bourdain

#Type 2 Diabetes #Knowing #Signatures

• Sitcoms are incredibly limiting. When you do a sitcom and it becomes a signature part for you, it's harder to do something else; but if you do a drama, you can get lost in it and have a role to do other things.
    -- Aunjanue Ellis

#Drama #Signatures #Roles

• I've always worn a lot of Ralph Lauren, and plaid shirts in general have been a signature piece for me. With plaid, you can look super-relaxed or you can look a bit dressed up.
    -- Avicii

#Signatures #Looks #Pieces

• More than the Big Mac, Coca Cola, or Levi's 501 jeans, the dollar is surely the United States' signature export.
    -- Barry Eichengreen

#Jeans #Signatures #United States

• And roast beef and Yorkshire pudding is my personal signature dish.
    -- Ben Elton

#Signatures #Pudding #Beef

• The first line is the DNA of the poem; the rest of the poem is constructed out of that first line. A lot of it has to do with tone because tone is the key signature for the poem. The basis of trust for a reader used to be meter and end-rhyme.
    -- Billy Collins

#Keys #Dna #Signatures

• Lyndon Johnson may have escalated the war, but when I was drafted and shipped off to Vietnam, the signature on my orders was Nixon's.
    -- Bob Gunton

#War #Order #Signatures

• You utter a vow or forge a signature and you may find yourself bound for life to a monastery, a woman or prison.
    -- Bronislaw Malinowski

#Finding Yourself #Signatures #May

• In the fabric of space and in the nature of matter, as in a great work of art, there is, written small, the artist's signature.
    -- Carl Sagan

#Art #Space #Signatures

• Perfume is like a personal signature, which is why I like to mix my own. For years I've paired Femme by Rochas with Shalimar and love the results.
    -- Danielle Steel

#Years #Signatures #And Love

• Ramones or AC/DC are two bands that have managed to keep their signature sound and their signature formula for years and years and album after album after album, without it seeming like a dead-end street.
    -- Dave Grohl

#Years #Two #Signatures

• My ambition is to further create a signature sound, a signature spirit, that makes some kind of contribution to music in general.
    -- David Lee Roth

#Ambition #Signatures #Sound

• Consumers could be in for an even sweeter deal, either getting discounts from retailers for using the PIN debit cards or being rewarded by card network by winning money back for using the signature debit cards.
    -- David Robertson

#Winning #Signatures #Cards

• What, more petitions! Won't you be, and stay, intimidated? You must really annoy Sen. Dodd. Here it is [my signature], and I hope it does some good.
    -- Edward Condon

#Signatures #Doe #Annoying

• I always wanted to do a deal with Russell Simmons, and now I've got my signature on a piece of paper with his.
    -- El-P

#Signatures #Pieces #Paper

• I envied women with signature hair-dos, signature perfumes, signature sign-offs. Novelists who tell Vogue Magazine: “I can’t live without my Smythson notebook, Pomegranate Noir cologne by Jo Malone and Frette sheets”. In the grip of madness, materialism begins to look like an admirable belief system.
    -- Emma Forrest

#Notebook #Hair #Signatures

• You really dont need to wear any make-up most of the time; keep your eyebrows the way they are, and find your own natural beauty signature.
    -- Erin Heatherton

#Eyebrows #Signatures #Needs

• Banks are so protected from liability they would have to really do something that was their mistake in order for them to be liable for it. Banks don't look at signatures. They're processing millions of checks and they have very little liability.
    -- Frank Abagnale

#Mistake #Order #Signatures

• You have freedom, so you have to make choices - and at the point when I make a choice, the building starts to look like a Frank Gehry building. It's a signature.
    -- Frank Gehry

#Choices #Signatures #Looks

• Always interline a contract before signing it, merely to impress the Party of the First Part. The one who puts his signature to Articles of Agreement drawn up by the other fellow is establishing a dangerous precedent.
    -- George Ade

#Party #Agreement #Signatures

• I thought that from the moment someone else could do the same as myself, there was no difference between the pictures and they should not be signed. Afterwards I realized it was not so and began to sign my pictures again. Picasso had begun again anyhow.
    -- Georges Braque

#Differences #Signatures #Moments

• I considered that the painter's personality should be kept out of things, and therefore pictures should be anonymous. It was I who decided that pictures should not be signed, and for a time Picasso did the same.
    -- Georges Braque

#Personality #Signatures #Should

• My master's visualizations were so powerful their condensation into matter was mere signature. Donald Walters, formerly Kriyananda, author of The Path about his guru Yogananda.
    -- Goswami Kriyananda

#Powerful #Achievement #Signatures

• I did six internships, even though I was only allowed to do one. I had a paper with my advisor's signature on it that I would just forward for every new internship. I didn't get school credit, but I got away with giving free labor to everyone.
    -- Grace Helbig

#School #Giving #Signatures

• Men want to put their signature at the bottom; women don't want to finish that letter.
    -- Ian Shoales

#Women #Signatures #Letters

• I don't think I have a signature.
    -- J. J. Abrams

#Thinking #Signatures

• The signature of mediocrity is not an unwillingness to change. The signature of mediocrity is inconsistency.
    -- James C. Collins

#Signatures #Mediocrity #Inconsistency

• The signature of mediocrity is chronic inconsistency.
    -- James C. Collins

#Signatures #Mediocrity #Inconsistency

• The signature of mediocrity is chronic inconstancy. The signature of greatness is a disciplined and consistent focus on the right things.
    -- James C. Collins

#Greatness #Focus #Signatures

• Ineluctable modality of the visible; at least that if no more, thought through my eyes. Signatures of all things I am here to read.
    -- James Joyce

#Eye #Vision #Signatures

• When I came into Metallica, I had to do justice to Cliff's work, but I also had to put my own signature on it. No one could be Cliff Burton; Cliff Burton was the Jimi Hendrix of bass.
    -- Jason Newsted

#Justice #Signatures #Bass

• The arts are the signature of a nation.
    -- Joan Mondale

#Art #Signatures

• [Signature phrase:] Can we talk?
    -- Joan Rivers

#Signatures #Phrases

• Surfaces reveal so much. The marks painters make reveal so much about their work and themselves; their sense of proportion, line, and rhythm is more telling than their signature. Looking at the surfaces of nature may offer equivalent revelations. What do these shapes and patterns reveal about the world and their creator? Surfaces hide so much...
    -- John Paul Caponigro

#Signatures #Texture #World

• Everywhere I find the signature, the autograph of God, and he will never deny his own handwriting. God has set his tabernacle in the dewdrop as surely as in the sun. No man can any more create the smallest flower than he could create the greatest world.
    -- Joseph Parker

#Flower #Men #Signatures

• My signature is the one that Hyun Joong hyung made for me five years ago, but I’m still using it.
    -- Kim Hyung-jun

#Years #Signatures #Made

• I like my body, I like to have fun with what I put on, but I also want to remain classic. So I guess my signature is sexy and eclectic but classic.
    -- Lake Bell

#Sexy #Fun #Signatures

• I think that there was a fad where everyone said, 'I want you to create a signature step for my artist.' The thing is, for me, music creates the step. The artist commands the step, you know?
    -- Laurieann Gibson

#Artist #Thinking #Signatures

• I'm totally on a mission to find my signature scent, but I'm too mercurial.
    -- Lexa Doig

#Signatures #Scent #Missions

• I grew up singing Mexican music, and that's based on indigenous Mexican rhythms. Mexican music also has an overlay of West African music, based on huapango drums, and it's kind of like a 6/8 time signature, but it really is a very syncopated 6/8. And that's how I attack vocals.
    -- Linda Ronstadt

#Mexican #Singing #Signatures

• To me, watercolor is a Western medium, so when I feel like I am using a Western manner I will use English to sign my name.
    -- Liu Dan

#Names #Signatures #Use

• How do our philosophers act? Do they not inscribe their signatures to the very essays they write on the propriety of despising glory.
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

#Writing #Signatures #Philosopher

• I'm able to sign my name to the paintings. That is really a blessing.
    -- Margaret Keane

#Blessing #Names #Signatures

• The good life consists in deriving happiness by using your signature strengths every day in the main realms of living. The meaningful life adds one more component: using these same strengths to forward knowledge, power, or goodness. A life that does this is pregnant with meaning, and if God comes at the end, such a life is sacred.
    -- Martin Seligman

#Meaningful #Good Life #Signatures

• The good life is using your signature strengths every day to produce authentic happiness and abundant gratification.
    -- Martin Seligman

#Happiness #Good Life #Signatures

• Every mode of travel has its signature mental aberration.
    -- Mary Roach

#Travel #Signatures #Aberration

• You had only one chance for a signature in life, but most people left no impression.
    -- Meg Wolitzer

#People #Signatures #Chance

• When I see people on the street, I look at how they walk. It's like a signature, a fingerprint.
    -- Mikhail Baryshnikov

#People #Looks #Signatures

• I'm not a star. I don't feel I'm so great. So how can I make you feel great just because you've got my signature on a piece of paper?
    -- Mr. T

#Stars #Paper #Signatures

• Now I have something. In fact, I have posted on the Internet more than Obama has. My birth certificate actually has signatures.
    -- Orly Taitz

#Facts #Signatures #Birth

• A fragrance is like a signature, so that even after a woman leaves the room, her fragrance should reveal she's been there.
    -- Oscar de la Renta

#Rooms #Signatures #Should

• Fashions change and with rare exception are forgotten by the public. But the classic fragrances, like an invisible dress, endure. Fragrance must be introduced properly. A fragrance is like a signature, so that even after a woman leaves the room, her fragrance should reveal she's been there.
    -- Oscar de la Renta

#Fashion #Rooms #Signatures

• I have finally perfected my signature. It took hours of practicing I decided early on just to write Pippa, not Middleton.
    -- Pippa Middleton

#Writing #Signatures #Hours

• Every person has a signature. Just some people don't know it yet.
    -- Rita Ora

#People #Signatures #Persons

• Fragrance is a very personal gift, and I think that's why it makes a great Christmas gift. There's a very distinct signature to it, so if you give it as a gift, I like to think that it's from a person that thinks very highly of you.
    -- Ryan Reynolds

#Thinking #Giving #Signatures

• I think a fragrance is more of a signature than even what you wear - something you'll remember more down the road than a shirt.
    -- Ryan Reynolds

#Thinking #Signatures #Remember

• There's no one out there like Quentin Tarantino. His films have a signature look, and they never just stick to the same kind of story.
    -- Saoirse Ronan

#Signatures #Looks #Stories

• she kissed as if she, alone, could forge the signature of the sun
    -- Saul Williams

#Signatures #Sun

• Either Mitt Romney through his own words and his own signature was misrepresenting his position at Bain to the SEC, which is a felony, or he was misrepresenting his position at Bain to the American people.
    -- Stephanie Cutter

#People #Signatures #Position

• Every top player has his own style, just as every painter has his own personal signature.
    -- Vladimir Kramnik

#Player #Style #Signatures

• The signature of a truly enviable woman is the tenacity and continuity of her women friends.
    -- Wendy Wasserstein

#Signatures #Tenacity #Continuity

• I think for a chef, to have a signature dish is a tough question to answer. On one, you don't want to be associated necessarily with just one thing that you think you might do well. On the other side, you've got to commit to owning up to certain things.
    -- Chuck Hughes

#Thinking #Tough Questions #Signatures

• That's one of the things we're most excited about, really, is just allowing this great, Oscar-nominated actor, giving him material to play in one of his signature roles.
    -- David Kirschner

#Play #Giving #Signatures

• I'm always searching for a signature sound and melody that resonates with the film and audience and becomes integral to the film, game, or show.
    -- David Raiklen

#Games #Signatures #Sound

• The artist has the power to signoff the work by deconstructing the work itself: I've finished this work now and I'll sign it and relegate the painting to simply something that services my signature. The painting becomes the colorful backdrop of the signature.
    -- Gavin Turk

#Artist #Signatures #Painting

• Being a digital artist enables me to take my signature pieces and place them in a dimensional reality that only really exists within my head. Then I can bring it to life.
    -- Kesh

#Artist #Reality #Signatures

• The humor for me is how far above your head the signature is - it's dislocated from the sign of the artist in such a distinct way that it could almost be a self-portrait of a sort.
    -- Laura Owens

#Artist #Self #Signatures

• Online petitions are built around getting as many signatures as possible. But the experience of taking them and forgetting about them degrades the importance.
    -- Margaret D. Klein

#Signatures #Forget #Online

• Immigration has been [Donald] Trump`s signature issue throughout his entire presidential campaign, and his supporters love him for it.
    -- Steve Kornacki

#Issues #Presidential #Signatures

• I'm interested in photographs that have no personal signature.
    -- Thomas Struth

#Signatures #Photograph

• Virgil Donati is clearly the best drummer to come along in the music scene in quite some time. He is extremely unique and has embraced an original sound that has given him a signature that is unmistakable and impossible to duplicate.
    -- Tony MacAlpine

#Unique #Signatures #Sound

• I'm always fascinated when people say, "We found rude conversations people had via e-mail." Why are you e-mailing this stuff? It has your signature on it! It has a time stamp!
    -- Trevor Noah

#People #Rude #Signatures

• When I perform, it's definitely about duration. I don't play any kind of time signature known to man.
    -- Z'EV

#Men #Play #Signatures

• I don't think in time signatures, and when I do, what I write is generally 3/4 or 4/4, the most basic, straightforward stuff. I think that comes from just not being a super-schooled musician.
    -- Blake Judd

#Writing #Thinking #Signatures

• ...and my signature is drawn in magic markeron the lower right hand corner of the windowso when something passes in the darkit's captured for a moment inside my work.
    -- David Berman

#Hands #Magic #Signatures

• Distributed print is arguably our biggest challenge as a machinery supplier, as more publishers find efficiencies in transferring print production to remote printers and supersites. But our signature Goss flexibility and adaptability allow us to meet that challenge head-on with relevant technologies, services and expertise that continue to provide customers with an edge.
    -- Eric Bell

#Technology #Challenges #Signatures

• Each environment has its own signature. Sound tells a story: You make choices about what you're hearing, where to look, how you want to feel about what's going on.
    -- Stephen Hopkins

#Choices #Signatures #Sound

• To be a true comic, you have to have a signature move. You ever watch wrestling? And your favorite wrestler has the one move that he always does to finish his opponent off, right? Like when he climbs on the rope, and he always jumps off the top rope and finishes off his opponent - that's what a comic has.
    -- J. B. Smoove

#Moving #Wrestling #Signatures

• Our analytical faculties allow us to look critically at our writing and interpret it. Sometimes we make bold, impulsive edits to our poems, but most forms of precision and economy in poetry, it seems to me, are signatures of the analytical mind.
    -- James Arthur

#Writing #Mind #Signatures