Fifteen quotes

• This is a time for serious people, Bob, and your fifteen minutes are up.
    -- Aaron Sorkin

#People #Serious #Fifteen

• Fifteen years ago I killed my sister.
    -- Adam Rapp

#Years #Fifteen #My Sister

• I wouldn’t trust the best fifteen minutes I ever lived to get me into heaven.
    -- Adrian Rogers

#Heaven #Fifteen #Minutes

• If you can have everything at fifty that you wanted when you were fifteen, you're happy.
    -- Alfred Bester

#Fifteen #Fifty #Wanted

• My mother took me to a psychiatrist when I was fifteen because she thought I was a latent homosexual. There was nothing latent about it.
    -- Amanda Bearse

#Mother #Gay #Fifteen

• Life insurance in America has traditionally been dominated by mutual insurers. Twelve of the fifteen largest life insurers are mutuals.
    -- Andrew Tobias

#America #Twelve #Fifteen

• In the future, everybody will be world famous for fifteen minutes.
    -- Andy Warhol

#Future #World #Fifteen

• With AC/DC, we've always started with rock, and we've just kept it going. The critic's view is always , 'They just made an album and it's the same as the last one.' I'll have fifteen of them, anytime.
    -- Angus Young

#Rocks #Views #Fifteen

• Put me in the last fifteen minutes of a picture and I don't care what happened before. I don't even care if I was IN the rest of the damned thing - I'll take it in those fifteen minutes.
    -- Barbara Stanwyck

#Care #Fifteen #Lasts

• For fifteen cents a day you can feed an African, they eat pennies.
    -- Bo Burnham

#Funny #Fifteen #Pennies

• I've been on the road for fifteen years and I had no intent to stop.
    -- Bon Scott

#Years #Fifteen #Fifteen Years

• I'm still trying to re-create a Ray Charles concert that I heard when I was fifteen years old, and all my nerve endings were fried and transformed, and electricity shot through me.
    -- Boz Scaggs

#Years #Trying #Fifteen

• Whatever labels may be attached to the fifteen charges brought against me, they all arise from my having been a member of the Communist Party and from my activities as a member.
    -- Bram Fischer

#Party #Labels #Fifteen

• I felt exactly like the man in the advertisement who has not devoted fifteen minutes a day to the study of the classics. If only (I thought) I had devoted fifteen minutes a day to the cultivation of the aesthetic attitude! I could bound Afghanistan.
    -- Burton Rascoe

#Attitude #Men #Fifteen

• I was a stuntman for over fifteen years.
    -- Chuck Zito

#Years #Fifteen #Stuntman

• It takes fifteen pounds of wild fish to get you one pound of farm tuna. Not very sustainable. It doesn't taste very good either.
    -- Dan Barber

#Motivation #Inspiration #Fifteen

• Japan has a low crime rate, unless you count the fact that approximately every fifteen minutes the entire Cabinet gets indicted for taking bribes.
    -- Dave Barry

#Humorous #Japan #Fifteen

• I know parental embarrassment usually stops somewhere at fifteen, but he just kept on giving me good reasons.
    -- Deb Caletti

#Giving #Fifteen #Reason

• The older painting - well, it does have an effect all at once, I suppose, but it's of a lesser intensity than a lot of the American work in the last ten or fifteen years.
    -- Donald Judd

#Years #Fifteen #Lasts

• The actions of a human being, even of fifteen months of age, may not be without significance to a sympathetic eye.
    -- Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#Eye #Age #Fifteen

• Five minutes of planning are worth fifteen minutes of just looking.
    -- E. L. Konigsburg

#Fifteen #Planning #Minutes

• Fifteen years ago I walked out of a production of one of my plays at the RSC because I decided it was a waste of time.
    -- Edward Bond

#Years #Play #Fifteen

• Don't wear fur! Did you know, a single fur coat takes fifteen trees, just for the protest signs?
    -- Emo Philips

#Tree #Coats #Fifteen

• At fifteen you had the radiance of early morning, at twenty you will begin to have the melancholy brilliance of the moon.
    -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

#Morning #Moon #Fifteen

• I'm off for a quiet pint - followed by fifteen noisy ones.
    -- Gareth Chilcott

#Beer #Fifteen #Quiet

• I once made love for an hour and fifteen minutes, but it was the night the clocks are set ahead.
    -- Garry Shandling

#Night #Fifteen #Hours

• Comics were going down for the second time and here, all of a sudden, came this thing and for the next fifteen years, romance comics were about the top sellers in the field; they outsold everything.
    -- Gil Kane

#Years #Romance #Fifteen

• So, to add to a momentous day, I corrected a misconception that my family had held for at least fifteen years and came out to them as straight.
    -- Graeme Simsion

#Years #Add #Fifteen

• Girls are like buses, miss one, next fifteen, one comin.
    -- Gucci Mane

#Girl #Missing #Fifteen

• I first came out against Castro in June 1968, fifteen months after my book had been published, and you cannot imagine how quickly a void was created around me
    -- Guillermo Cabrera Infante

#Book #June #Fifteen

• The whole famous Reign of Terror [of the 1790s] in fifteen months guillotined 2,596 aristos. The Versaillists [the anti-Communards of 1871] executed 20,000 before their firing squads in one week. Do these figures represent the comparative efficiency of guillotine and modern rifle or the comparative cruelty of upper and lower class mobs?
    -- Guy Endore

#Squad #Class #Fifteen

• Sex got me into trouble from the age of fifteen: I'm hoping that by the time I'm seventy I'll straighten it out.
    -- Harold Robbins

#Sex #Age #Fifteen

• I shall not say why and how I became, at the age of fifteen, the mistress of the Earl of Craven.
    -- Harriette Wilson

#Mistress #Age #Fifteen

• Your son at five is your master, at ten your slave, at fifteen your double, and after that, your friend or foe, depending on his bringing up.
    -- Hasdai ibn Shaprut

#Son #Fifteen #Slave

• At fifteen, neither beauty nor talent exist: a woman is all promise.
    -- Honore de Balzac

#Promise #Fifteen #Talent

• I won't play for a penny less than fifteen hundred dollars
    -- Honus Wagner

#Play #Dollars #Fifteen

• It was the sheer variety of the pain that stopped me from crying out. It came from so many places, spoke so many languages, wore so many dazzling varieties of ethnic costume, that for a full fifteen seconds I could only hang my jaw in amazement.
    -- Hugh Laurie

#Pain #Costumes #Fifteen

• It was a great time to be born, because I got to have my own publishing company right from the beginning, so I made more money than somebody would have doing what I did ten or fifteen years before.
    -- Jackson Browne

#Years #Fifteen #Born

• Fifteen. Sixteen was probably something, but fifteen - fifteen was a place between here and nowhere.
    -- Jacqueline Woodson

#Fifteen #Sixteen

• Everything that everyone is afraid of has already happened: The fragility of capitalism, which we don't want to admit; the loss of the empire of the United States; and American exceptionalism. In fact, American exceptionalism is that we are exceptionally backward in about fifteen different categories, from education to infrastructure.
    -- James Hillman

#Loss #Fifteen #Want

• The New Age? Its just the old age stuck in a microwave oven for fifteen seconds.
    -- James Randi

#Age #Fifteen #Microwaves

• One little ripple started today could create a typhoon fifteen years from now.
    -- Jay Asher

#Years #Fifteen #Littles

• I've had the same friends for ten, fifteen years.
    -- Jeanne Tripplehorn

#Friends #Years #Fifteen

• You never know how long your fifteen minutes of fame is going to last.
    -- Jeff Dunham

#Long #Fifteen #Lasts

• If people are still buying tickets, and still buying the DVDs, and they're still watching on YouTube and my fifteen minutes of fame isn't finished yet, then I'll just keep doing it.
    -- Jeff Dunham

#Dvds #People #Fifteen

• Can you be sure?" "I haven't spent the last fifteen hundred years learning how to knit my own socks, boy!" The crone looked like she might box Heinrich's ears, if she could reach them.
    -- Jessica Day George

#Boys #Years #Fifteen

• I'd the upbringing a nun would envy. Until I was fifteen I was more familiar with Africa than my own body.
    -- Joe Orton

#Envy #Body #Fifteen

• So great was the preference given to sacred over profane learning that Christianity had been in existence fifteen hundred years, and had not produced a single astronomer.
    -- John William Draper

#Years #Atheism #Fifteen

• I was happy using cassettes when I was fifteen, but I'm sure they were sneered at in their day by audiophiles.
    -- Jonny Greenwood

#Fifteen

• The central fact of North American history is that there were fifteen British Colonies before 1776. Thirteen rebelled and two did not.
    -- June Callwood

#Two #Fifteen #Facts

• At the age of fifteen my grandmother became the concubine of a warlord general.
    -- Jung Chang

#Grandmother #Age #Fifteen

• I dyed my hair pink when I was fifteen.
    -- Karen Gillan

#Hair #Fifteen

• ...I have an IQ of about 160, I taught science for about fifteen years...
    -- Kent Hovind

#Years #Fifteen #Taught

• I've been dating since I was fifteen. I'm exhausted. Where is he?
    -- Kristin Davis

#Dating #Fifteen #Exhausted

• I spent the next fifteen minutes convincing a crying werewolf that I wasn’t going to hurt her. My life was getting too strange, even for me.
    -- Laurell K. Hamilton

#Hurt #Next #Fifteen

• Hell, Lou (Gehrig) it took fifteen years to get you out of a game. Sometimes I'm out in fifteen minutes.
    -- Lefty Gomez

#Years #Games #Fifteen

• Fifteen cents of every twenty-cent stamp goes for storage.
    -- Louis Rukeyser

#Twenties #Fifteen #Stamps

• We are always more anxious to be distinguished for a talent which we do not possess, than to be praised for the fifteen which we do possess.
    -- Mark Twain

#Musical #Fifteen #Talent

• You reach a certain age -- sometimes it's fifteen, sometimes it's forty-six -- and you realize the cliche you have adopted for yourself isn't working.
    -- Matt Haig

#Age #Fifteen #Six

• When I left I got an award for being the latest person in the history of the school. If you got three late marks for being over fifteen minutes late you’d get an after school detention. I got something like 257 marks. And I only lived about ten minutes away.
    -- Matthew Bellamy

#School #Awards #Fifteen

• Fifteen dollar too beaucoup. Five dollars each... Five dollars is all my mom allows me to spend.
    -- Matthew Modine

#Mom #Money #Fifteen

• Less than fifteen cents to the province and more than twenty-five cents to Ottawa, this is far from being excessive!
    -- Maurice Duplessis

#Fifteen #Ottawa #Twenties

• Anyone who is going to be a writer knows enough at fifteen to write several novels.
    -- May Sarton

#Writing #Fifteen #Enough

• Meet me inside the Edge of the Icepack penguin enclosure in at four fifteen" she says, sounding just like Kim Possible. If Kim Possible ever asked people to meet her inside a penguin enclosures.
    -- Meg Cabot

#People #Fifteen #Kim

• Despite my professional experience, the fifteen-hour workdays, and a successful new show that I had helped build, MSNBC was still refusing to pay me what I was worth.
    -- Mika Brzezinski

#Successful #Fifteen #Pay

• If you act like you've only got fifteen minutes, it'll take all day. Act like you've got all day and it'll take fifteen minutes.
    -- Monty Roberts

#Horse #Fifteen #Like You

• Consider yourself not ready to start the day, ill equipped, unprepared to mix with your fellows, until you have spent at least fifteen minutes in prayer. Count it as much a social necessity as washing.
    -- Muriel Lester

#Prayer #Fifteen #Start The Day

• Of course you don't believe in fairies. You're fifteen. You think I believed in fairies at fifteen? Took me until I was at least a hundred and forty. Hundred and fifty, maybe. Anyway, he wasn't a fairy. He was a librarian. All right?
    -- Neil Gaiman

#Believe #Thinking #Fifteen

• The Irish question is this: Do the Irish know the answer to everything? ... And the answer to that is that we know fifteen different answers to every question. All of them right.
    -- Olivia Robertson

#Fifteen #Different #Answers

• When I quit working, I lost all sense of identity in about fifteen minutes.
    -- Paige Rense

#Identity #Fifteen #Quitting

• You get fifteen democrats in a room, and you get twenty opinions.
    -- Patrick Leahy

#Fifteen #Rooms #Twenties

• I have worked every day since the age of fifteen, supporting not only myself, but also helping a sizable family when needed.
    -- Paulina Porizkova

#Age #Fifteen #Helping

• Looking back, I think I tried to be too eclectic. Sometimes I'd sing thirty songs, and fifteen of them were not in English.
    -- Pete Seeger

#Song #Thinking #Fifteen

• I want to stay away from politics, or else I'll probably end up putting my size fifteen foot into my mouth
    -- Peter Steele

#Feet #Fifteen #Want

• Drill instructors worked seven days a week, fifteen to seventeen hours a day in many cases, with no time off in between platoons.
    -- R. Lee Ermey

#Fifteen #Hours #Seven

• You know what they say about Chicago. If you don't like the weather, wait fifteen minutes.
    -- Ralph Kiner

#Weather #Waiting #Fifteen

• [There was] only one news channel, overseen by a bland and complexly multicultural board of advisors. It broadcast in fifteen languages and was, as a rule, interesting in none of them.
    -- Robert Charles Wilson

#Interesting #Fifteen #Boards

• I became a musician because that's really what I wanted to do when I was fifteen, but I had other abilities.
    -- Robyn Hitchcock

#Fifteen #Musician #Ability

• He doesn’t love me. He might still love me as I was at fifteen, when I didn’t know any better. When I trusted everyone. I’m not that person any more. He’s just a boy. He was the first to really hurt me, but he’s just a boy. There were a lot of them.
    -- Sarah Dessen

#Hurt #Boys #Fifteen

• Fifteen minutes later, a meeting was called. "Okay, look." Deb's face was dead serious. "I know I just joined this project, and I don't want to offend anyone. But I'm going to be honest. I think you've been going about this all wrong." "I'm offended," Dave told her flatly.
    -- Sarah Dessen

#Thinking #Looks #Fifteen

• The beginning of 1856 found me teaching in the family of a planter named Bryan, residing in Prince George County, Md., some fifteen or twenty miles from Washington.
    -- Simon Newcomb

#Teaching #Fifteen #Twenties

• I say, play your own way. Don't play what the public want - you play what you want and let the public pick up on what you doing - even if it does take them fifteen, twenty years.
    -- Thelonious Monk

#Years #Play #Fifteen

• To appreciate heaven well, it's good for a person to have some fifteen minutes of hell.
    -- Will Carleton

#Appreciate #Heaven #Fifteen

• Most of the basic material a writer works with is acquired before the age of fifteen.
    -- Willa Cather

#Writing #Age #Fifteen

• The things that mount the rostrum with a skip, And then skip down again, pronounce a text, Cry hem; and reading what they never wrote Just fifteen minutes, huddle up their work, And with a well-bred whisper close the scene!
    -- William Cowper

#Reading #Hem #Fifteen

• At fifteen, it [ "Follies"] didn't have any kind of resonance with me, this show about regret and middle age.
    -- Charles Busch

#Regret #Age #Fifteen

• I grew up with "Follies." I saw it when I was fifteen. It was the original production, and of course, that production will never be equaled.
    -- Charles Busch

#Fifteen #Saws #Grew Up

• A lot of artists make art for five years, some artists make art for ten years, a few make art for fifteen: very few do it until they die.
    -- Doseone

#Art #Years #Fifteen

• After all, isn't that what really draws the line between childhood and adulthood, knowing that you are solely responsible for yourself? If so, then my childhood ended at fifteen.
    -- LIZ

#Knowing #Childhood #Fifteen

• I remember having my tonsils out when I was fifteen and waking up crying historically but not being able to stop. That was quite strange.
    -- Rae Morris

#Wake Up #Fifteen #Able

• It's been seven hours and fifteen days, since you took your love away.
    -- Sinead O'Connor

#Sadness #Fifteen #Hours

• In the future, everyone will have fifteen minutes of fame. Followed by fifteen minutes of legal problems, fifteen minutes of ridicule from late-night TV hosts, fifteen minutes of obscurity, and fifteen minutes of "Where are they now?".
    -- Dan Piraro

#Night #Obscurity #Fifteen

• If you spend fifteen minutes in a shopping mall, you will pass more people than our ancestors saw during their entire lifetimes.
    -- Rolf Dobelli

#Shopping #People #Fifteen

• Academics were not a challenge when I was fifteen in college. The challenge was figuring out how to fit in socially.
    -- Ian Bremmer

#College #Challenges #Fifteen

• Men come of age at sixty, women at fifteen.
    -- James Stephens

#Men #Age #Fifteen