Florida quotes

• It is my plan to create a city that is direct and simple... To leave out all that is ugly, to eliminate the unnecessary, and to give Florida and the nation a resort city as perfect as study and ideals can make it.
    -- Addison Mizner

#Simple #Florida #Cities

• I lived in London for small amounts of time, and in Florida and New York.
    -- Alex Prager

#New York #Florida #London

• I'll give you a great example of an issue that no one brought up during this Florida primary, the fact that we're going to have a Chinese made oil rig put in place about 60 miles off the coast of Florida.
    -- Allen West

#Florida #Oil #Issues

• The Republicans in the House and Senate took the district that I firmly represent, 22 in south Florida, from a D plus one to a D plus five almost a D plus six district, which means you are given a five to six percent registration advantage to Democrats. They drew in more Democrats into the district I represent.
    -- Allen West

#Mean #Florida #House

• I live in Florida and people are crazy here. And I say that lovingly.
    -- Amy Seimetz

#Crazy #Florida #People

• I like to go somewhere where I learn something I didn't know before, like the Dry Tortugas between Florida and Cuba.
    -- Amy Tan

#Florida #Cuba #Dry

• They whooped our tail last time we was here. So it's time for a little revenge, and show that Florida football is coming back.
    -- Andre Caldwell

#Football #Revenge #Florida

• I never understood retirement. What is the attraction of retirement? I go down there to Florida and look around and I said, my God, who wants this? Not me.
    -- Andy Rooney

#Retirement #Florida #Looks

• The first time I acted was in high school in Florida, and when I heard that applause I felt so alive and felt that electricity go up my spine.
    -- Angela Bassett

#School #Florida #Firsts

• Since the nineteen-fifties, rural Florida has marketed itself to Northerners and Midwesterners as an unexplored paradise of citrus and mermaids.
    -- Anne Hull

#Florida #Mermaid #Paradise

• I'm pretty sure my house in Florida is haunted! He's a nice ghost though.
    -- Ariana Grande

#Nice #Florida #House

• You can find examples of how little we value ourselves everywhere you look. The signs on the front of the convenience stores where Stephen lives in Florida tell the story. Beer, ice, bread and milk are the big come-ons. The order of the words varies, but beer and ice are always two of the top four staples for sale. If we were all taking care of ourselves, wouldn't the convenience stores compete for our dollars with signs that read "Fruit, Vegetables, Bread, Milk"?
    -- Bernie Siegel

#Health #Beer #Florida

• In the wake of this disaster, the people of Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida should know that the United States Congress stands ready to help them in their time of need,.
    -- Bill Frist

#Florida #People #United States

• What we don't know is about Jeb Bush and cocaine. But we do know that he did once had his brother Florida on a silver platter.
    -- Bill Maher

#Brother #Florida #Silver

• I chewed up a lot of Florida highway when I was starting out. Used to come to Tampa two or three times a year for about 10 years straight.
    -- Billy Gardell

#Florida #Years #Two

• I remember the first sermon I ever preached. I had four sermons. I preached them, all four in ten minutes. And that was the beginning, in a place called Bostwick, Florida, in northern Florida, in a little tiny church, and on a cold night, about 40 people. And I was so nervous.
    -- Billy Graham

#Night #Florida #People

• The Democratic party of Florida has put a temperance plank in its platform and the Republican party of every state would nail that plank in their platform if they thought it would carry the election.
    -- Billy Sunday

#Sports #Party #Florida

• August in Florida is God's way of reminding us who's in charge.
    -- Blaize Clement

#Florida #August #Way

• I know there are California oranges and Florida oranges. When I'm in Florida, I like Florida oranges. Today, I think California oranges are the best, of course.
    -- Bob Dole

#Thinking #Florida #California

• As good as we were, we didn’t win a National Championship until 1993, mainly because we kept losing to Miami on missed kicks.  I used to get mad because nobody else would play Miami.  Notre Dame would play them, then drop them.  Florida dropped them.  Penn State dropped them.  We would play Miami and lose by one point on a missed field goal, and it would knock us out of the National Championship.  I didn’t want to play them, either, but I had to play them.  That’s why I said, When I die, They’ll say, ‘At least he played Miami.
    -- Bobby Bowden

#Winning #Florida #Play

• We've had a series of major news stories that have brought in viewers who either were sampling to see what else was available or were normal news watchers. The Florida recount and the end of the election was a huge development. And then 9/11 came along.
    -- Brit Hume

#Florida #Sampling #Development

• The Civil War was fought in 10,000 places, from Valverde, New Mexico, and Tullahoma, Tennessee, to St. Albans, Vermont, and Fernandina on the Florida coast. More than 3 million Americans fought in it, and over 600,000 men, 2 percent of the population, died in it.
    -- Bruce Catton

#War #Men #Florida

• It's a dream come true for Bubba Watson from Bagdad, Florida to have the green jacket on.
    -- Bubba Watson

#Dream #Florida #Green

• Florida is a very healing place.
    -- Burt Reynolds

#Healing #Florida

• I'm a mom, so I have to be comfortable. Jeans are a staple - I have way too many in my closet! It's warm in Florida, so I wear jeans and a tank top every day. I love my True Religions, my Rich and Skinny, and Citizens of Humanity. But I also love getting dressed up!
    -- Candace Cameron

#Mom #Mother #Florida

• As frightening as this may sound, what you see in the books is the way I see the world. And so far I haven't seen anything, either in Florida or elsewhere, to dissuade me from it.
    -- Carl Hiaasen

#Book #Florida #Sound

• Disney's something to be a little alarmed about. It's not just a little theme park anymore. It's now an ethic and outlook and strategy that goes way beyond central Florida.
    -- Carl Hiaasen

#Florida #Littles #Way

• I grew up in Florida, where if you weren't comfortable dancing, you weren't going to get any girls.
    -- Channing Tatum

#Girl #Florida #Dancing

• President Obama has a strong record of doing what is best for America and Florida, and he built it by spending more time worrying about what his decisions would mean for the people than for his political fortunes.
    -- Charlie Crist

#Strong #Mean #Florida

• I'm a conservative, and I'm a compassionate conservative. And I think it's important that Florida continues to move in that direction.
    -- Charlie Crist

#Moving #Thinking #Florida

• But in my district I have heard from law enforcement officials and across the State of Florida about how much this JAG funding helps them fight crime, and to protect and serve the citizens within their jurisdiction.
    -- Cliff Stearns

#Fighting #Florida #Law

• The only way you're going to save things in life is through love, and that's what we're trying to do .... make people fall in love with Florida.
    -- Clyde Butcher

#Falling In Love #Florida #People

• So here we are, just two months away from the election, with more and more examples that modern day Jim Crowe laws are alive and well in the state of Florida.
    -- Corrine Brown

#Florida #Law #Two

• You know, having been an election monitor in countries across the world, I can tell you that we would never certify another country's election if it had as many flaws in place as we had in Florida.
    -- Corrine Brown

#Country #Florida #World

• I represent central Florida, which depends on tourists for its economic survival. We need people to be able to get to the State and enjoy it.
    -- Corrine Brown

#Florida #People #Survival

• Able Danger consisted of approximately 20 direct individuals working for Special Forces in Tampa, Florida. The total amount of people working for Able Danger was 20.
    -- Curt Weldon

#Florida #People #Special

• Nasty is the new normal in Florida. Politics here is very gutterlike. It's like a very bad reality TV show that still gets very high ratings.
    -- Dan Gelber

#Reality #Florida #Tv Shows

• A strong accountability system needs to broaden, not narrow, the curriculum. That cannot happen if you only have accountability without adequate school funding. Until Tallahassee understands the need to raise the bar as well as the financial investment, Florida will continue to celebrate mediocrity at the expense of true achievement.
    -- Dan Gelber

#Strong #School #Florida

• We can change the lives of autistic children. We can make a difference. There are hundreds of families in Florida who can't afford the therapists.
    -- Dan Marino

#Change #Children #Florida

• I grew up in Florida and went to school there, and ended up going to University of Central Florida.
    -- Daniel Tosh

#Funny #School #Florida

• When I left my parents' home when I was 19, I went to the University of Florida, and within 24 hours was in the mental health department. And within 20 minutes, I was being told by the director there that they didn't have what I needed there.
    -- Darrell Hammond

#Home #Florida #Parent

• The best baby-sitters, of course, are the baby’s grandparents. You feel completely comfortable entrusting your baby to them for long periods, which is why most grandparents flee to Florida.
    -- Dave Barry

#Baby #Grandmother #Florida

• The leader of the controversial Church of Scientology routinely physically attacked members of his management team, according to former executives, a Florida newspaper has reported. Defectors from the controversial organisation who spoke to the St Petersburg Times told the paper that David Miscavige was "constantly denigrating and beating on people". Mike Rinder, the church's spokesman for decades, said he was attacked by Miscavige some 50 times.
    -- David Miscavige

#Team #Florida #People

• While I'm critical to the Bush presidency, it's been enormously beneficial for Salon because we're seen as kind of an aggressive watchdog on the Bush White House. Particularly since Florida, our readership hit a whole new level, and we held onto those readers.
    -- David Talbot

#Florida #White #House

• I know a lot of people in the retirement village that I have a house in in Florida that are on the Internet and are reading the paper on the Internet, and they're communicating on the Internet.
    -- Davy Jones

#Retirement #Reading #Florida

• With the recent news that the State of Florida has agreed to purchase 181,000 acres of U.S. Sugar land, we have an historic opportunity for our larger restoration efforts and for the people of Florida. This too will not come without difficult challenges, but it reminds us that anything is possible.
    -- Debbie Wasserman Schultz

#Opportunity #Florida #Land

• To be clear, climate change is a true 800 pound gorilla in the room. The effects of global warming threaten global environmental upheaval over the coming century. But for South Florida and the Everglades, it could be our death knell if urgent action is not taken.
    -- Debbie Wasserman Schultz

#Taken #Florida #Environmental

• I think I'm going to my grave without swimming from Cuba to Florida,
    -- Diana Nyad

#Swimming #Thinking #Florida

• I have to remind the people who put down East Coast surfing that Kelly Slater is from Florida.
    -- Don Winslow

#Florida #People #Surfing

• Florida isn't so much a place where one goes to reinvent oneself, as it is a place where one goes if one no longer wished to be found.
    -- Douglas Coupland

#Florida #Found #Oneself

• A young city, Miami lacks the history, the roots, and the traditions of other major metropolitan areas. Everybody here is from someplace else.
    -- Edna Buchanan

#Florida #Cities #Roots

• Or even the state of Florida, where they are prepared to execute children. Umm, well, you hope that at least that there is something there to be claimed.
    -- Edwidge Danticat

#Children #Florida #States

• California is lucky, the East Coast is lucky because we get great seafood and a lot of produce from Florida, locally in good weather, but in the winter we have to buy it.
    -- Eric Ripert

#Winter #Florida #Weather

• If I'm offered a good case in Florida or a good case somewhere else, South Florida will win every time.
    -- F. Lee Bailey

#Winning #Florida #Cases

• Late February, and the air's so balmy snowdrops and crocuses might be fooled into early blooming. Then, the inevitable blizzard will come, blighting our harbingers of spring, and the numbed yards will go back undercover. In Florida, it's strawberry season- shortcake, waffles, berries and cream will be penciled on the coffeeshop menus.
    -- Gail Mazur

#Spring #Florida #Air

• Tim Tebow's like the snake doctor for Florida. Gotta stop the snake doctor, keep the Gators from moving the ball....this time he snaked Alabama with a play action pass.
    -- Gary Danielson

#Moving #Doctors #Florida

• Both teams are making mistakes. Florida's making these itsy-bitsy little ones, and Tennessee is making huge, gigantic mistakes.
    -- Gary Danielson

#Mistake #Team #Florida

• We were all worried that nothing good was going to happen for Florida
    -- Gary Danielson

#Florida #Worried

• Gov. Jeb Bush and the Florida Legislature's strong commitment to increase access to Advanced Placement courses continues to pay off.
    -- Gaston Caperton

#Strong #Commitment #Florida

• While travelling near Tampa, Florida I passed the "Jehovah's Witness Assembly Hall" and was struck by the fact that that must be where they make them.
    -- Gene Spafford

#Florida #Jehovah #Facts

• It doesn't make any difference if you are in favor of capital punishment or if you are opposed to capital punishment. The fact of the matter is that as a viable penalty, capital punishment does not work at this time and has not worked in the State of Florida for many, many years.
    -- Gerald Kogan

#Florida #Years #Punishment

• The fans made a difference in the outcome of the game. It was one of those games that Florida really did have to beat the team on the field and in the stands.
    -- Gerry DiNardo

#Team #Differences #Florida

• I've enjoyed the accommodations offered by police departments from Florida to Hawaii. Any time I saw a badge, something in me would snap.
    -- Grace Slick

#Florida #Police #Hawaii

• Three years ago I came to Florida without a nickel in my pocket. Now I've got a nickel in my pocket
    -- Groucho Marx

#Inspiration #Florida #Years

• When you get to be my age, all your friends have either died or moved to Florida.
    -- Helen Van Slyke

#Florida #Age #Moved

• Being down in Orlando, Florida, where we filmed the movie, I learned how to bass fish. Jerry Reed, who plays the villain in the movie, taught me how to bass fish.
    -- Henry Winkler

#Play #Florida #Taught

• One thing I will never do as long as I’m at Georgia is lose to Florida.
    -- Herschel Walker

#Florida #Long #Georgia

• Since traveling is such a big part of my life when I am working, I like to vacation relatively close to home. Florida is a great place for me to go and relax. It's so close, which is perfect because it's the minimal travel time.
    -- Hilary Rhoda

#Home #Vacation #Florida

• One day, though, I was asked if I'd like to go to the University of Florida and become a Gator.
    -- Jack Youngblood

#Florida #One Day #Gators

• I taped my first series for PBS in 1982 at WJCT-TV in Jacksonville, Florida. The show, called 'Everyday Cooking with Jacques Pepin,' was about saving time and money in the kitchen - and it was a celebration of simple and unpretentious food.
    -- Jacques Pepin

#Simple #Florida #Pbs

• I'm from Florida, so any time I get invited to come to Florida and play a show, I'm definitely always up for that.
    -- Jake Owen

#Florida #Play #Shows

• I am big into water sports and just being out on the water. That is second nature to me, being from Florida.
    -- Jake Owen

#Sports #Florida #Water

• If you want to be angry at Gore, be angry at him for not fighting harder in Florida.
    -- James Carville

#Fighting #Florida #Want

• Florida will be gone altogether, the whole damned place, in not too long.
    -- James Lovelock

#Florida #Long #Gone

• A man in Florida has been arrested for wearing a President Obama mask while robbing a McDonald's. To show you how good this guy's disguise was, instead of a holdup note he was reading from a teleprompter.
    -- Jay Leno

#Reading #Men #Florida

• President Bush announced tonight that he believes in democracy and that democracy can exist in Iraq. They can have a strong economy, they can have a good health care plan, and they can have a free and fair voting. Iraq? We can't even get this in Florida.
    -- Jay Leno

#Strong #Believe #Florida

• It's cold out. It's even cold in Florida. So cold today that Katherine Harris put on a third layer of makeup.
    -- Jay Leno

#Makeup #Florida #Layers

• We are stronger because we recognize that government isn't the sole answer to the most important questions, and we welcome community and faith based organizations as partners to serve the needs of Florida families.
    -- Jeb Bush

#Organization #Florida #Government

• You have to remember that in a state like Florida, independent voters will decide the election.
    -- Jeb Bush

#Independent #Florida #Voters

• I reject the notion that a high turnout helps Senator Kerry. I think in Florida at least, it's going to help President Bush because we have gotten more registered voters than the Democrats, and our base is just fired up - thanks to your help and a lot of others.
    -- Jeb Bush

#Thinking #Florida #President

• I want to accelerate, not slow down, the enforcement of the death penalty in Florida.
    -- Jeb Bush

#Florida #Enforcement #Want

• Florida is a place of unparalleled diversity of backgrounds, experiences and vision. It makes our culture unique, but it can also make it difficult to define a common identity and create a sense of community that reaches beyond our neighborhoods to all corners of our state.
    -- Jeb Bush

#Unique #Florida #Diversity

• I feel at some point that the farm state politics will overwhelm the Florida politics.
    -- Jeff Flake

#Florida #States #Feels

• I think it's unconscionable for a Senator from Massachusetts to come down here and tell the people of Florida what's right for them. It's arrogant and irresponsible.
    -- Jeff Miller

#Thinking #Florida #People

• I go to Florida sometimes for vacation. I actually really like Florida. It's a weird place, it's surreal. It's so close, but you feel like you're in another world or on an island.
    -- Jemima Kirke

#Vacation #Islands #Florida

• I just see myself as just an ordinary chick from Florida, not some beautiful woman.
    -- Jennifer Sky

#Beautiful #Florida #Ordinary

• My parents didn't want to move to Florida, but they turned sixty and that's the law.
    -- Jerry Seinfeld

#Moving #Funny Relationship #Florida

• They did is sent me down Clearwater, Florida, and they said to me, Jessica, I need you to make Jim Bakker feel better.
    -- Jessica Hahn

#Feel Better #Florida #Needs

• And the main thing was that I wanted to live in south Florida. That's why I left the Cowboys; to live in south Florida.
    -- Jimmy Johnson

#Cowboy #Florida #Wanted

• I’m familiar with a lot of guys, hang out with those guys. A couple of my teammates actually went to Florida, so I’m familiar with a lot of those guys. It's going to be fun walking out with a victory and rubbing it in their faces.
    -- Joanna Noelle Levesque

#Couple #Fun #Florida

• Soon after I was born, my parents moved to the South Florida area, and I've lived here ever since (with a few years of living in both Portugal and Brazil in my younger days).
    -- Joe Tex

#Florida #Years #Parent

• Given that Mr. Kerry is clearly exaggerating what happened to minority voters in the 2000 election in Florida, maybe we should wait for him to provide evidence of what he is alleging in 2004.
    -- John Fund

#Florida #Waiting #Minorities

• Yesterday, two firefighters with the Florida Division of Forestry were killed while working on the Blue Ribbon Fire in Florida. On behalf of the 3,500 firefighters on the Wallow Fire and all of us in the firefighting community, our heartfelt condolences go out to their families and their co-workers. “If Prometheus was worthy of the wrath of heaven for kindling the first fire upon earth, how ought all the gods honor those who make it their professional business to put it out?
    -- John Godfrey Saxe

#Condolences #Fire #Florida

• For instance, some early ideas for Florida were done only recently. The idea of a little village was there from the beginning and now we have this "Celebration" village. Same thing for the Disney Institute. Walt talked about this idea in the very first.
    -- John Hench

#Florida #Ideas #Done

• Samuel Beckett's 'Waiting for Godot,' billed as 'the laugh sensation of two continents,' made its American debut at the Coconut Grove Playhouse, in Miami, Florida, in 1956. My father, Bert Lahr, was playing Estragon, one of the two bowler-hatted tramps who pass the time in a lunar landscape as they wait in vain for the arrival of a Mr. Godot.
    -- John Lahr

#Father #Florida #Two

• I was a few miles south of Louisville when I planned my journey. I spread out my map under a tree and made up my mind to go through Kentucky, Tennessee, and Georgia to Florida, thence to Cuba, thence to some part of South America; but it will be only a hasty walk. I am thankful, however, for so much.
    -- John Muir

#Journey #Florida #Kentucky

• According to current Florida law you can get a gun, follow an unarmed minor, call the police, have them explicitly tell you to stop following [the minor] and choose to ignore that, keep following the minor, get into a confrontation with them, and if at any point during that process you get scared you can shoot the minor to death, and the state of Florida will say, 'Well, look: you did what you could.'
    -- John Oliver

#Gun #Law #Florida

• It's ironic that the Bible belt is the killing belt - Texas, Florida, Alabama, Virginia, and so forth, Georgia. Chief executioners.
    -- Joseph Lowery

#Virginia #Florida #Texas

• Florida was a living tomb, she used to tell anyone who'd listen, an old-age home in the shape of a state, God's little waiting room, as she was fond of quoting.
    -- Joy Fielding

#Home #Florida #Waiting

• In the 2000 presidential election, Al Gore got more votes than George W. Bush, but still lost the election. The Supreme Court's ruling in Florida gave Bush that pivotal state, and doomed Gore to lose the Electoral College. That odd scenario - where the candidate with the most votes loses - has happened three times in U.S. history.
    -- Juan Williams

#College #Florida #Presidential