Eyebrows quotes

• Am I missing an eyebrow?
    -- Adam Savage

#Eyebrows #Missing #Mythbusters

• The warning message we sent the Russians was a calculated ambiguity that would be clearly understood.
    -- Alexander Haig

#Military #Eyebrows #Political

• It feels like we should do something," he said. "Like, send her off on a barge out to sea and set her on fire. Let her go out in a blaze of glory." Chubs raised an eyebrow. "It's a minivan, not a Viking.
    -- Alexandra Bracken

#Eyebrows #Fire #Sea

• "Maybe I just don't want another rejection," he shrugs. "I've had enough of that in my so-called acting career." Oh, so this is what it's all about. "But you're not auditioning for a role," I try to persuade him. "Aren't I?" he raises his eyebrows.
    -- Alexandra Potter

#Eyebrows #Careers #Rejection

• That's a lovely piece," Kat said, pointing at a Louise XV armoire near the fireplace. The man raised his eyebrows. "Did you come to steal it?" "Darn it," Kat said with a snap of her fingers."I knew I should have brought my big purse.
    -- Ally Carter

#Men #Eyebrows #Lovely

• How'd you get in here?" She raised her eyebrows. “You pick pockets.” Kat watched his hand fly to his back pocket. “I can pick locks. Looking for this?” she asked, holding up his wallet. “Oops. Maybe I can pick pockets too.
    -- Ally Carter

#Hands #Eyebrows #Pockets

• You expect me to believe that you're being held against your will?" I raised a skeptical eyebrow. "You're roaming around the castle freely." "As are you." He turned away from me then. "Not all prisons have bars. You should know that better than anyone, Princess.
    -- Amanda Hocking

#Believe #Princess #Eyebrows

• I try to look nice. I comb my hair, I tie my tie, I put on a jacket, but I draw the line when it comes to trimming my eyebrows. You work with what you got.
    -- Andy Rooney

#Nice #Hair #Eyebrows

• Russians call me German, Germans call me Russian, Jews call me a Christian, Christians a Jew.
    -- Anton Rubinstein

#Christian #Eyebrows #Call Me

• The United States can tell you all about what's wrong with the British, to say nothing of the Russians.
    -- Arthur Hays Sulzberger

#Eyebrows #United States #British

• My eyebrows could do with a trim.
    -- Arthur Smith

#Eyebrows

• I miss him still today: his long, whiskery eyebrows, his huge hands and hugs, his warmth, his prayers, his stories, but above all his shining example of how to live and how to die.
    -- Bear Grylls

#Prayer #Hands #Eyebrows

• If we're doing this for ten hours, I'm going to need a little incentive to stay motivated." Patch hooked his elbow around my neck and dragged me into a kiss. "Every time you strip my sword, I owe you a kiss. How's that sound?" I bit my lip to keep from giggling. "That sounds really dirty." Patch waggled his eyebrows. "Look whose mind just rolled into the gutter. Two kisses per strip. Any objections?" I pulled on an innocent face. "None whatsoever.
    -- Becca Fitzpatrick

#Dirty #Kissing #Eyebrows

• I'm naturally a mousy blonde, so I dye my hair, and my eyebrows would disappear if I didn't get through at least a pencil a month.
    -- Beth Ditto

#Hair #Eyebrows #Blonde

• In France, a chemist named Pilatre de Rozier tested the flammability of hydrogen by gulping a mouthful and blowing across an open flame, proving at a stroke that hydrogen is indeed explosively combustible and that eyebrows are not necessarily a permanent feature of one's face.
    -- Bill Bryson

#Science #Flames #Eyebrows

• The Russians have a lot at stake, and the power of Moscow pride should never be underestimated.
    -- Bob Schaffer

#Pride #Eyebrows #Moscow

• Hikmah (Wisdom) is knowing when to raise your eyebrow instead of your voice.
    -- Boonaa Mohammed

#Eyebrows #Voice #Knowing

• Ashley tugged on his sleeve. "You're scaring me Walter." "Sorry I guess talking about ghosts is-" "It's not that," she interrupted shaking her head. "You're using logic. That's scaring me." Walters eyebrows knitted. "So much for terms of endearment
    -- Bryan Davis

#Sorry #Talking #Eyebrows

• Boy trouble, huh?" "Boy catastrophe is more like it. I'm not sure I can do this." "Do what?" Concern sounded in Holiday's voice. "Do Lucas," Kylie said. Holiday made a funny face and raised one eyebrow.
    -- C.C. Hunter

#Holiday #Boys #Eyebrows

• Bleaching eyebrows makes me crazy.
    -- Carine Roitfeld

#Crazy #Eyebrows #Bleaching

• You're just worried they'll hire a male instructor and he'll be hotter than you." Jace's eyebrows went up. "Hotter than me?" "It could happen," Clary said, "You know, theoretically." "Theoretically the planet could suddenly crack in half, leaving me on one side and you on the other, forever and tragically parted, but I'm not worried about that either. Some things," Jace said, with his customary crooked smile, "are just too unlikely to dwell upon.
    -- Cassandra Clare

#Eyebrows #Forever #Leaving

• If Russians knew how to read, they would write me off.
    -- Catherine the Great

#Writing #Eyebrows

• Why he would agree to install an eight-by-eight-foot fish tank and then not fill it with a single dolphin made me want to burn his eyebrows off.
    -- Chelsea Handler

#Eight #Eyebrows #Feet

• When I first had my eyebrows waxed, I was pretty disturbed.
    -- Chiwetel Ejiofor

#Eyebrows #Firsts #Disturbed

• I'm so envious of that genetic wiring that immediately puts a smile on your face. My genetic wiring just puts creases in my eyebrows.
    -- Chris Pine

#Eyebrows #Faces #Envious

• There's a rhythm to the words combined with the pictures [in a comic]. Whenever I'm working on a comic strip I re-read it, probably hundreds of times through to pay attention to how all of those things work. Sometimes even changing the angle of a character's eyebrow can really, seriously alter the effect and overall interpretation of a scene. And the insertion of a pause or a cough or a sniff, and all these things that we do in conversation, can bring it to life in a strange way.
    -- Chris Ware

#Character #Eyebrows #Attention

• I can remember in early elementary school when the Russians launched the first satellite. There was still so much unknown about space. People thought Mars was probably populated.
    -- Christa McAuliffe

#School #Eyebrows #Space

• If I make a move, like raise my eyebrows, some critic says I'm doing Nicholson. What am I supposed to do, cut off my eyebrows?
    -- Christian Slater

#Moving #Cutting #Eyebrows

• You have to be more discerning, Lily, when experimenting with bondage." He wiggled his eyebrows. "I'd make a great master.
    -- Christine Feehan

#Eyebrows #Lilies #Bondage

• You didn't have to go to the fireworks with him. Or - or let him fondle you." "Fondle?" Raisa raised her eyebrows, "When did I mention fondling?
    -- Cinda Williams Chima

#Eyebrows #Fireworks #Raised

• People don't realize that doing a horror movie is hard work. You're out there all day screaming your lungs out, breathing in toxic make-up fumes, rolling around in the dirt, getting your eyebrows burned off - it's not like doing a sitcom.
    -- Clint Howard

#Hard Work #Breathing #Eyebrows

• I only have to do three things to look halfway decent. Curl my eyelashes, fill in my eyebrows and put some lipstick on.
    -- Courteney Cox

#Eyelashes #Eyebrows #Curls

• Well, actually, plucking my eyebrows is more of a hobby than a grooming tip.
    -- Courteney Cox

#Eyebrows #Hobbies #Wells

• Before taking the stage, Paul Ryan spent 6 hours staring into a mirror working on 'concerned eyebrow.'
    -- Damien Fahey

#Eyebrows #Mirrors #Hours

• I need a sample of your blood,' said Kira. Marcus raised an eyebrow. 'I didn't know we'd reached that stage of our relationship.
    -- Dan Wells

#Blood #Eyebrows #Needs

• The Russians are turning east to the Chinese - to the Europeans' surprise. It always seemed to me that the relationship between Russia and China would shift from being based in Marx and Lenin to being based in oil and gas.
    -- Daniel Yergin

#Relationship #Russia #Eyebrows

• What great comedians, great comic writers, great comic actors do is that they just read the headlines with the right eyebrow position and it's funny.
    -- David Salle

#Eyebrows #Comedian #Actors

• Come to find out, the Russians were never afraid of the Americans. They weren't raised with the terror that we were by our government. I was struck by how our government misled us for so many years.
    -- Deidre Hall

#Government #Years #Eyebrows

• Relationships, like eyebrows, are better when there is space between them.
    -- Demetri Martin

#Eyebrows #Space

• I was seeing this girl and she wanted to get more serious. But I wasn't ready to, I had just gotten out of a difficult relationship before that. So I said to her, 'Listen, you have to understand something. Relationships are like eyebrows. It's better when there's a space between them.' And that's coming from a Greek guy.
    -- Demetri Martin

#Funny #Girl #Eyebrows

• Everyone wants to pluck eyebrows. I thinned them out real thin once and it just didn't look like me.
    -- Denise Richards

#Real #Eyebrows #Looks

• But I always curl my lashes, even if I don't put on mascara. I'll also put on a lip gloss or lip balm. And I always brush my eyebrows. I have very thick eyebrows - I'm just now starting to thin them out a bit.
    -- Denise Richards

#Eyebrows #Curls #Lips

• It is quite exhilarating to speak about a God who has an incredible bias, a notorious bias in favor of the downtrodden. You look at Exodus and the Israelites' escape from a bottomless pit. God is not evenhanded. God is biased up to his eyebrows.
    -- Desmond Tutu

#Eyebrows #Looks #Pits

• My first film, 'Like Minds,' was with Toni Colette, who was extraordinary. I mean it was basically a mini-masterclass for acting on film at a time when all you could probably see were my eyebrows bouncing up and down on screen.
    -- Eddie Redmayne

#Mean #Eyebrows #Mind

• Now, now," said Vale in a sickeningly sweet voice reminiscent of a nursery nanny. "I already gave him a drubbing for courting Emmie."Reynaud raised his eyebrows. "You did?""He did not," Hartley said even as Vale nodded happily. "I threw him down the stairs."Vale pursed his lips and looked skyward. "Not my recollection, but I can see how your memory of the event may've become hazy.
    -- Elizabeth Hoyt

#Sweet #Memories #Eyebrows

• Don’t do drugs, don’t have sex, and don’t touch your eyebrows.
    -- Emilia Clarke

#Sex #Eyebrows #Drug

• I find the whole concept of being 'sexy' embarrassing and confusing. If I do a photo-shoot, people desperately want to change me - dye my hair blonder, pluck my eyebrows, give me a fringe. Then there's the choice of clothes. I know everyone wants a picture of me in a mini-skirt. But that's not me.
    -- Emma Watson

#Sexy #Hair #Eyebrows

• If I have one thing perfect, it's my eyebrows. And my feet. I love my feet. They're like Japanese feet. The rest I would like to hide. Especially my freckles. I feel ridiculous.
    -- Emmanuelle Beart

#Eyebrows #Feet #Perfect

• You really dont need to wear any make-up most of the time; keep your eyebrows the way they are, and find your own natural beauty signature.
    -- Erin Heatherton

#Eyebrows #Signatures #Needs

• And the Russians certainly don't have it. If a woman shows up in a fur coat, I just assume she's a crook. And that's me, the nice American. The assumption that you can't make money honestly is a killer.
    -- Esther Dyson

#Nice #Eyebrows #Crooks

• Living in a small Italian hilltown, and having lived in a small town in south Georgia, I understand that you can recognize a family gene pool by the lift of an eyebrow, or the length of a neck, or a way of walking.
    -- Frances Mayes

#Italian #Eyebrows #Necks

• The computer can't tell you the emotional story. It can give you the exact mathematical design, but what's missing is the eyebrows.
    -- Frank Zappa

#Missing You #Emotional #Eyebrows

• Mr. Powell raised an eyebrow. 'I'm a librarian,' he said. 'I always know what I'm talking about.
    -- Gary D. Schmidt

#Talking #Eyebrows #Librarian

• Who is she, why is she still here and when can I see her naked? Paris asked with an eyebrow wiggle
    -- Gena Showalter

#Paris #Eyebrows #Naked

• The best thing we can do if we want the Russians to let us be Americans is to let the Russians be Russian.
    -- George F. Kennan

#Eyebrows #Want

• What that situation really needed was a little eyebrows.
    -- George Hamilton

#Football #Eyebrows #Littles

• Another adverse factor was the way the Russians received continual reinforcements from their back areas, as they fell back. It seemed to us that as soon as one force was wiped out, the path was blocked by the arrival of a fresh force.
    -- Gerd von Rundstedt

#Eyebrows #Way #Path

• You know the hardest thing about having cerebral palsy and being a woman? It's plucking your eyebrows. That's how I originally got pierced ears.
    -- Geri Jewell

#Eyebrows #Ears #Being A Woman

• She raised a sharp eyebrow at him. "Vlad, no offense, but look at you. If you're not a vampire, you're clearly the most anemic goth I've ever seen."... "We believed you. Because that's what friends do." pg267 October to Vlad
    -- Heather Brewer

#Eyebrows #Vampire #October

• The decision, therefore, lies here in the East; here must the Russian enemy, this people numbering two hundred million Russians, be destroyed on the battle field and person by person, and made to bleed to death .
    -- Heinrich Himmler

#Lying #Eyebrows #Two

• The bomb and the entrance of the Russians into the war will certainly have an effect on hastening the victory.
    -- Henry L. Stimson

#War #Eyebrows #Victory

• I grew up at the base of a mountain in Virginia, so my comfort zone is that Appalachian area, where all the dudes wear Carhartt and all the women can put on a beautiful sweater with a snowman applique and nobody raises an eyebrow.
    -- Hilarie Burton

#Beautiful #Virginia #Eyebrows

• Andrea raised her eyebrows. "Look at you, all high-speed." "Yeah, you'd think I was a detective or something." Andrea held her hand out. "You'll jinx it.
    -- Ilona Andrews

#Thinking #Eyebrows #Hands

• One look at Rebecca and Aunt B would have an instant apoplexy. Raphael’s eyebrows furrowed. “My mother’s approval isn’t necessary.” Aha. “Does she know that?
    -- Ilona Andrews

#Mother #Aunt #Eyebrows

• I will kill him.” “Erra’s eyebrows rose. “You’d have to go through me first.” I shrugged. “I have to do something for a warm-up.” She laughed softly. “That’s the spirit. I do think you might be my favorite niece.
    -- Ilona Andrews

#Niece #Thinking #Eyebrows

• You replaced me with a shaved poodle?” “He’s got mad skills.” Derek’s eyebrows crept up. “He can vomit and urinate at the same time and he doesn’t make fun of my car.
    -- Ilona Andrews

#Fun #Eyebrows #Skills

• Oh, I don't know. I might grow on you." She furrowed her pretty eyebrows. "Like a cancer?" "Like a favorite vice.
    -- Ilona Andrews

#Cancer #Eyebrows #Vices

• I know a man who is in love with my friend. He loves her absolutely. The only thing he wants in return is for her to love him.” Saiman arched his eyebrows, imitating me. “And?” "You’re the exact opposite of him. You lack the capacity to love, so you want to smother mine as well.
    -- Ilona Andrews

#Men #Opposites #Eyebrows

• I never let anyone pluck, including myself, unless my mom approves. She guards my eyebrows. She's like the eyebrow police!
    -- Isabelle Fuhrman

#Mom #Eyebrows #Police

• Good Morning!” said Bilbo, and he meant it. The sun was shining, and the grass was very green. But Gandalf looked at him from under long bushy eyebrows that stuck out further than the brim of his shady hat. “What do you mean?” he said. “Do you wish me a good morning, or mean that it is a good morning whether I want it or not; or that you feel good this morning; or that it is a morning to be good on?
    -- J. R. R. Tolkien

#Morning #Mean #Eyebrows

• You must never underestimate the power of the eyebrow.
    -- Jack Black

#Funny #Eyebrows #Underestimate

• Making the decision to do more serious work raises eyebrows. It's less easy for the industry to deal with....
    -- Jacqueline Bisset

#Eyebrows #Decision #Serious

• The idea of bringing young people up to Literature is doubtless calculated to raise the eyebrows almost as much as the suggestion of bringing them up to the Stage.
    -- James Payn

#Eyebrows #Ideas #People

• If letters had eyebrows, these would be arched.
    -- James St. James

#Eyebrows #Would Be #Letters

• He murmers into my hair, "Forget what I said earlier, let's stick with this, I might not survive anything more." I laugh. Then he jumps up, finds my wrists, and pins them over my head. "Yeah, right. Totally joking, I want to do everything with you, whenever you're ready, I'm the one, promise?" He's above me, batting and grinning like a total hooplehead. "I promise," I say. "Good. Glad that's decided." He raises an eyebrow. "I'm going to deflower you, John Lennon.
    -- Jandy Nelson

#Eyebrows #Hair #Laughing

• While he has not, in my hearing, spoken the English language, he makes it perfectly plain that he understands it. And he uses his ears, tail, eyebrows, various rumbles and grunts, the slant of his great cold nose or a succession of heartrending sighs to get his meaning across.
    -- Jean Little

#Dog #Eyebrows #Tails

• I had to choose between American and British actors, and it didn't take me more than a second to decide: Russians are Europeans and should be played by other Europeans.
    -- Jean-Jacques Annaud

#Eyebrows #Actors #Should

• Just as the Russians and the Soviets didn't manage to wipe out languages in Lithuania, neither have they managed to wipe out religion to the extent that we had feared.
    -- Jeane Kirkpatrick

#Eyebrows #Wipe #Language

• It looks as if I was thinking what you were thinking." "Actually, you weren't. I was really thinking I needed to ask you a question." "What was that?" "Do you think we should ask Goatee Guy how to find the caterer?" I smiled at him innocently as his eyebrows pratically met above his nose. "I am never going to share my pet peeves with you again."
    -- Jennifer Rardin

#Thinking #Eyebrows #Guy

• I have become a bit obsessed with eyebrows. I used to never have any, and then I realised big eyebrows are good, and now I'm an eyebrow fiend. Everyone comes to me to get their eyebrows done.
    -- Jessie J

#Eyebrows #Done #Obsessed

• Where is your unit?" Murphy asked. I wiggled my eyebrows at her. "Right where it's always been, dollface.
    -- Jim Butcher

#Eyebrows #Units #Murphy

• He had tried to explain the way he felt to Danny once, about compulsive behavior and time rushing too fast and the Internet and drugs. Danny had only lifted one of his slender, mobile eyebrows and stared at him in smirking confusion. Danny did not think coke and computers were anything alike. But Jude had seen the way people hunched over their screens, clicking the refresh button again and again, waiting for some crucial if meaningless hit of information, and he thought it was almost exactly the same.
    -- Joe Hill

#Thinking #Rushing #Eyebrows

• You should have left him to wander,” Svengal said coldly. Erak looked at him, eyebrows raised. “Would you?” he asked, and Svengal hesitated. At the end, Toshak had fought well and that counted for a lot of Skandians. “No,” he admitted.
    -- John Flanagan

#Eyebrows #Said #Ends

• How do you know that?" "Because,"Chong said with raised eyebrows,"when you open those things called 'books',there are words as well as pictures.Sometimes the words tell you stuff.
    -- Jonathan Maberry

#Book #Eyebrows #Stuff

• There are certain TV shows that probably would have made me rich, and there are certain commitments I could have made that probably would have raised a lot of eyebrows that I didn't. But I don't look back at those decisions and say, 'Oh God, I'm such an idiot.
    -- Josh Gad

#Commitment #Tv Shows #Eyebrows

• Rick said, "Is there some place we can go and talk?" "You want to talk?," Keir raised an eyebrow. "I never thought I'd see the day." "Nah, I want to tell you this joke I heard." Keir nodded, patient. "Shoot." "Two Irish cops walk into a bar. The first cop says..." Rick's voice dropped. He said gruffly, "I love you. Come home." Keir managed to keep his voice steady. "What's the other cop say?" The sweetness of Rick's smile was like a kick in his chest. "That's what I'm here to find out, boyo.
    -- Josh Lanyon

#Love You #Home #Eyebrows

• We were fortunate to have the Russians as our childhood enemies. We practiced hiding under our desks in case they had the temerity to drop a nuclear weapon.
    -- Kary Mullis

#Eyebrows #Childhood #Enemy

• I completely took off my eyebrows one time for a screen test. I hadn't even gotten the role yet. So you have to have a commitment.
    -- Katerina Graham

#Commitment #Eyebrows #Roles

• Everything all right, Gwyneth?” asked Gideon, raising one eyebrow. “You look nervous. Would you like a cigarette to calm your nerves? What was your favorite brand, did you say? Marlboros?” I could only stare at him speechlessly. “Leave her alone,” said Xemerius. “Can’t you see she’s unhappy in love, bonehead? All because of you! What are you doing here, anyway?
    -- Kerstin Gier

#Eyebrows #Unhappy #Gideon

• The widow’s eyebrows raised. “Ye’ve got all these nasty pooches to run around with and ye still might die?” “I’m going to go fight with a god, some demons, and a coven of witches who all want to kill me,” I said, “so it’s a distinct possibility.” “Are y’goin’ t’kill ’em back?” “I’d certainly like to.” “Attaboy,” the widow chuckled. “Off y’go, then. Kill every last one o’ the bastards and call me in the mornin’.
    -- Kevin Hearne

#Running #Fighting #Eyebrows

• I always thought I had crooked eyebrows and crooked teeth. That's why I never understood why people called me a beauty.
    -- Lauren Bacall

#Eyebrows #People #Teeth

• My grandmother used to say that there's something truly intimate about sharing food with the people you love." [Stacey] "Intimate? Sharing food? People you love?" Amber raises an eyebrow. "Um, no offense, Stace, but it sounds like Gram was into food kink.
    -- Laurie Faria Stolarz

#Grandmother #Eyebrows #People

• I've always been a missionary and what people don't know is that I've always taken some strategic and eyebrow-raising steps.
    -- LeCrae

#Taken #Eyebrows #People

• The camera can capture thought in a way that's quite surprising and shocking. You can become very simple and minimal in your work and communicate a lot with just a finger or an eyebrow, or a look, or a glance.
    -- Leonard Nimoy

#Simple #Eyebrows #Cameras

• I didn't want to be different. I longed to be everything grownups wanted, so they would love me. I followed all their rules, tried my best to please. But there was something about me that made them knit their eyebrows and frown. No one ever offered a name for what was wrong with me. That's what made me afraid it was really bad. I only came to recognize its melody through this constant refrain: 'Is that a boy or a girl?'
    -- Leslie Feinberg

#Girl #Boys #Eyebrows

• Evie was so nervous that she downed her cocktail in two stiff swigs, then refilled her glass. Henry arched an eyebrow. “A pro, I see.” “What else is there to do in Ohio?
    -- Libba Bray

#Glasses #Ohio #Eyebrows

• I'm misrepresented as a scary person. I'm not. It's all about my size and my eyebrows.
    -- Liev Schreiber

#Eyebrows #Scary #Size

• His eyebrows drew together. He was perilously close to unibrow; I guess nobody had held him down and administered a good plucking to the caterpillar climbing across his forehead.
    -- Lilith Saintcrow

#Climbing #Eyebrows #Together

• Don't overpluck your eyebrows. A make-up artist told me this once, and I've always remembered it.
    -- Lily Cole

#Artist #Eyebrows #Remembered

• No-one is born with perfect eyebrow.
    -- Linda Evangelista

#Eye #Eyebrows #Perfect