Bullshit quotes

• But it feels good to love a thing and not expect anything back. It feels good to not get an argument or any pushiness or any rumors or any bullshit. It's love without strings. It's ideal.
    -- A.S. King

#Bullshit #Feel Good #Rumor

• ..you just get stoned, get the ideas in your head and then do 'em. And don't bullshit. I mean that's the thing about doin' that guerrilla theatre. You be prepared to die to prove your point.
    -- Abbie Hoffman

#Mean #Ideas #Bullshit

• One man's accuracy is another man's bullshit.
    -- Alex Winter

#Men #Bullshit #Accuracy

• So we might say that the most important thing one can acquire in college is a well-functioning bullshit meter.
    -- Andrew Delbanco

#College #Bullshit #Important

• I'm just giving you some spiel, the ludicrous plot of a novel, a story I invented to touch your heart—one-third bullshit, one-third booze, and one-third genuine tenderness, you know the kind of thing.
    -- Antonio Lobo Antunes

#Heart #Giving #Bullshit

• What we are now doing with the victory, and I agree with you if you condemn that and I condemn whole-heartedly the trivial bullshit it is to go after a man who makes a scientific breakthrough and all that we as women — organized women — do is to fret about his shirt?
    -- Ayaan Hirsi Ali

#Men #Bullshit #Victory

• I love the bullshit morning shows. They're so stupid but I love them.
    -- Ben Dreyfuss

#Morning #Stupid #Bullshit

• These corporations run our culture, and they riddle it with bullshit.
    -- Ben Goldacre

#Running #Bullshit #Culture

• Being a man is bullshit; maybe trying to be a man had been the problem all along. At a certain point you just have to trust someone. Even if it’s only yourself.
    -- Bennett Madison

#Men #Bullshit #Trying

• Atlantic reckoned we should use a top Yank producer and appointed one Eddie Kramer to the post. It turns out the guy was full of bullshit and couldn't produce a healthy fart.
    -- Bon Scott

#Bullshit #Guy #Healthy

• Yesterday's truth is today's bullshit. Even yesterday's liberating insight is today's jail of stale explanation.
    -- Brad Blanton

#Yesterday #Jail #Bullshit

• Happy endings are bullshit. There are only happy pauses.
    -- Brian K. Vaughan

#Bullshit #Happy Endings

• All screenwriting books are bullshit, all. Watch movies, read screenplays. Let them be your guide.
    -- Brian Koppelman

#Book #Bullshit #Watches

• There are basically two categories of music: Metal and bullshit.
    -- Bruce Dickinson

#Two #Bullshit #Categories

• I want a Zero Tolerance policy on All The Patriarchal Bullshit.
    -- Caitlin Moran

#Zero #Equal Pay #Bullshit

• Don't you give me that postmodern bullshit. There is truth, There is a truth. And what you want, or you feel, or you need, isn't going to change the truth. Any more than it's going to topple a skyscraper. There's truth, and there's belief. Don't call a mule a stallion.
    -- Carol Plum-Ucci

#Bullshit #Giving #Want

• Sookie, what have we done? And to whom?" "I killed a chicken. And I cooked it." "Sookie, Sookie. My bullshit meter is reading that as a false." -Eric Northman, Sookie Stackhouse
    -- Charlaine Harris

#Reading #Bullshit #Eric

• Do you sometimes wish you could fast-forward a week? You know something bad's coming up, and you know you'll get through it, but the prospect just makes you feel sick. I worried for about thirty minutes, and though I knew there was no point in doing so, I could feel my anxiety twisting me up in a knot. 'Bullshit,' I told myself stoutly. 'This is utter bullshit.
    -- Charlaine Harris

#Sick #Bullshit #Anxiety

• But she couldn't dismiss easily his light touch with her. No pushing or pressing, none of that herding and corralling bullshit, unlike any of her old boyfriends. And maybe who you fell for and who you eventually loved wasn't rational, no matter how hard you tried to list pros and cons and sum the results. You couldn't think your way through it, not all the way. Maybe just the scent of somebody carried more weight than everything else put together.
    -- Charles Frazier

#Thinking #Light #Bullshit

• Nothing stands for content-free corporate bullshit quite like PowerPoint. And that's just scratching the surface...
    -- Charles Stross

#Bullshit #Surface #Powerpoint

• Master your instrument. Master the music. And then forget all that bullshit and just play.
    -- Charlie Parker

#Music #Play #Bullshit

• I wouldn't give myself any advice, because advice is kinda bullshit. Take a deep breath and don't take any of it too seriously.
    -- Cher

#Giving #Bullshit #Advice

• Love is bullshit. Emotion is bullshit. I am a rock. A jerk. I'm an uncaring ***** and proud of it.
    -- Chuck Palahniuk

#Love Is #Rocks #Bullshit

• Just for the record, the weather today is calm and sunny, but the air is full of bullshit.
    -- Chuck Palahniuk

#Air #Weather #Bullshit

• The work is what it is and hopefully it's seen as feminist work, or feminist-advised work, but I'm not going to go around espousing theoretical bullshit about feminist stuff.
    -- Cindy Sherman

#Bullshit #Feminist #Stuff

• Wine buffs write and talk as though the food and wine will be in your mouth at the same time, that one is there to be poured over the other. This is bullshit. Gustatory enjoyment comes from food and wine and cigars of your liking. So far no one has said that a Monte Cristo is the only cigar to smoke after Armagnac, Romeo and Juliet after Calvados ... but the time may yet come.
    -- Clement Freud

#Writing #Wine #Bullshit

• When I started, I decided to devote my life to it and not get sidetracked by all the other bullshit life has to offer
    -- Cliff Burton

#Bullshit #Offers

• I'm jumping in right now. And I'm going to say that everybody I know has a 'day I met CM Punk story' and they're all 100% fabrication. It's all bullshit. Thank you.
    -- CM Punk

#Jumping #Wwe #Bullshit

• Emotional luggage nothing of it, I don't check bags, I just carry on, leave that bullshit in the past
    -- Curren$y

#Past #Emotional #Bullshit

• We can learn to ignore the bullshit in the Bible about gay people. The same way we have learned to ignore the bullshit in the Bible about shellfish, about slavery, about dinner, about farming, about menstruation, about virginity, about masturbation.
    -- Dan Savage

#Gay #People #Bullshit

• I think astrology is annoying bullshit-which is so Libra of me
    -- Dan Savage

#Thinking #Astrology #Bullshit

• My powers of persuasion are only as strong as the bullshit I have to back it up. - Charley Davidson
    -- Darynda Jones

#Strong #Bullshit #Persuasion

• This is what the real, no bullshit value of your liberal arts education is supposed to be about: how to keep from going through your comfortable, prosperous, respectable adult life dead, unconscious, a slave to your head and to your natural default setting of being uniquely, completely, imperially alone day in and day out,
    -- David Foster

#Art #Real #Bullshit

• My biggest advice would be to take the pictures you want to take. Don’t think about the marketplace, what sells or what an editor might say. And don’t think about style. It’s all bullshit and surface stuff. Style happens.
    -- David LaChapelle

#Thinking #Editors #Bullshit

• You need to quickly recognize when and why you're being spooned bullshit. That happens very often, but it happens for a reason.
    -- David Weigel

#Bullshit #Needs #Reason

• This very expensive GLOBAL WARMING bullshit has got to stop. Our planet is freezing, record low temps,and our GW scientists are stuck in ice.
    -- Donald Trump

#Ice #Bullshit #Records

• It's all bullshit on Everest these days.
    -- Edmund Hillary

#Climbing #Bullshit #These Days

• If you love something, set it free. If it was meant to be, it will come back to you. But this, of course, was bullshit. If you loved something and let it go...it would (hello!) find something else to love.
    -- Elin Hilderbrand

#Bullshit #Let It Go #Were Meant To Be

• I've never seen any life transformation that didn't begin with the person in question finally getting tired of their own bullshit.
    -- Elizabeth Gilbert

#Tired #Bullshit #Transformation

• It's bullshit. It's so easy to label people, to look at a list of symptoms and say, "This is who you are. This is what you are.
    -- Elizabeth Scott

#People #Bullshit #Labels

• But then, my entire life is bullshit. The best things in it have vanished, ghosts. Ghosts I'll admit I created.
    -- Ellen Hopkins

#Bullshit #Ghost #Life Is

• Never tell a lie when you can bullshit your way through it
    -- Eric Ambler

#Lying #Bullshit #Way

• He had then warned his daughter not to violate the Eleventh Commandment. "Which one is that?" I asked her. "Do not bullshit thy father," she said.
    -- Erich Segal

#Daughter #Father #Bullshit

• Everything really needs to be paraben-free for me. I mean, because if I’m going to smoke cigarettes, then I need to be aware of all the other bullshit I’m putting into my body.
    -- Erin Wasson

#Mean #Bullshit #Needs

• Develop a built-in bullshit detector.
    -- Ernest Hemingway

#Bad Ass #Bullshit #Ass

• A comedian is simply a different kind of therapist. A comedian is a psychologist and a psychiatrist rolled into one. Except I can't prescribe medicine. (You still need a doctorate, which is bullshit.) Okay, so I'm not like a psychiatrist. Fine. But I'm still like a psychologist (except I can't diagnose or treat mental illness).
    -- Eugene Mirman

#Medicine #Bullshit #Comedian

• Believing your own bullshit is always a perilous activity, but never more fatal than for the owner of a start-up venture.
    -- Felix Dennis

#Believe #Bullshit #Venture

• Back off, asshole. I haven't had a woman today, so I'm in no mood for this kind of bullshit.
    -- Gena Showalter

#Bullshit #Today #Kind

• There’s an old adage that says that money is the root of all evil. Bullshit. Lack of money is the root of all evil.
    -- Gene Simmons

#Roots #Evil #Bullshit

• When in comes to bullshit...bigtime, major league bullshit...you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims...religion.
    -- George Carlin

#Atheist #Bullshit #League

• When it comes to bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims: religion... Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do.
    -- George Carlin

#Men #Sky #Bullshit

• I haven't played a single game all year. This is bullshit!
    -- Georges Laraque

#Years #Games #Bullshit

• I'm tired of seeing great women in bullshit relationships.
    -- Greg Behrendt

#Tired #Bullshit

• If you're not operating on an instinctive level, you're not an artist.... Reason over emotion is bullshit, absolute bullshit... We suffocate ourselves in rules. I find fantasy liberating.
    -- Guillermo del Toro

#Artist #Bullshit #Levels

• ..."better to have loved and lost" bullshit. Don't show me paradise and then burn it down.
    -- Harlan Coben

#Bullshit #Paradise #Lost

• Booze, broads and bullshit. If you got all that, what else do you need?
    -- Harry Caray

#Sports #Bullshit #Needs

• I think all of us are looking for that which does not admit of bullshit . . . If you tell me you can bench press 450, hell, we'll load up the bar and put you under it. Either you can do it or you can't do it-you can't bullshit. Ultimately, sports are just about as close to what one would call the truth as it is possible to get in this world.
    -- Harry Crews

#Sports #Thinking #Bullshit

• Bullshit is a greater enemy of the truth than lies are.
    -- Harry Frankfurt

#Lying #Bullshit #Enemy

• One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit. Everyone knows this. Each of us contributes his share. But we tend to take the situation for granted. Most people are rather confident of their ability to recognize bullshit and to avoid being taken in by it. So the phenomenon has not aroused much deliberate concern, or attracted much sustained inquiry. In consequence, we have no clear understanding of what bullshit is, why there is so much of it, or what functions it serves.
    -- Harry Frankfurt

#Taken #People #Bullshit

• It is impossible for someone to lie unless he thinks he knows the truth. Producing bullshit requires no such conviction.
    -- Harry Frankfurt

#Lying #Thinking #Bullshit

• Bullshit is unavoidable whenever circumstance require someone to talk without knowing what he is talking about.
    -- Harry Frankfurt

#Talking #Knowing #Bullshit

• One of the most salient features of our culture is that there is so much bullshit.
    -- Harry Frankfurt

#Bullshit #Culture

• I love acting. Oh, God, I love it. But all this fame and all this bullshit attention. I'm not supernatural. I've done nothing extremely special to deserve the position. It happens every couple of years, and it's happened to hundreds of people before me.
    -- Heath Ledger

#Couple #Years #Bullshit

• Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit.
    -- Henry Rollins

#Bullshit

• Heroes didn't win. The heroes were whoever happened to win. History told their story -- the dead didn't say a word. All of it was bullshit.
    -- Hugh Howey

#Hero #Winning #Bullshit

• History is hard to know, because of all the hired bullshit, but even without being sure of "history" it seems entirely reasonable to think that every now and then the energy of a whole generation comes to a head in a long fine flash, for reasons that nobody understands at the time--and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened.
    -- Hunter S. Thompson

#Thinking #Bullshit #Long

• Very well." He sat cross-legged on the floor of the cage. "You haven't run off so you want to talk. I will hear your explanation now." "Really, Your Majesty? So good of you to condescend. I'll try to use small words and go slow." "You're wasting my time. I know Jim betrayed me and you're covering for him. This is your chance to dazzle me wih your brillance or baffle me with your bullshit. You won't get another. When I get out, I won't be in the mood to listen.
    -- Ilona Andrews

#Running #Bullshit #Trying

• If I lend my support to a specific cause, it has to be something that I look over and that I have a complete understanding of and it's not just some extracurricular bullshit.
    -- Immortal Technique

#Bullshit #Support #Understanding

• Lawyers will always buckle under to something, whether its bribes, violence, court orders, or the weight of their own bullshit.
    -- James Alan Gardner

#Order #Bullshit #Weight

• I couldn't imagine being a girl. The bullshit routine they had to go through just to get out the door consumed half of their lives.
    -- Jamie McGuire

#Girl #Doors #Bullshit

• There is no blacklist. In the first place, in the entertainment business, money talks, bullshit walks. So Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins won't be blacklisted because they are bankable stars. In the second place, if you are a woman, the only things you're going to be blacklisted for in Hollywood are body fat and aging.
    -- Janeane Garofalo

#Stars #Bullshit #Hollywood

• To be true to myself, to be the person that was on the inside of me, and not play games. That's what I'm trying to do mostly in the whole world, is not bullshit myself and not bullshit anybody else.
    -- Janis Joplin

#Games #Play #Bullshit

• I'm just doing what I wanted to and what feels right and not settling for bullshit and it worked. How can they be mad at that?
    -- Janis Joplin

#Mad #Bullshit #Settling

• We lie. That's what we do. You're selling me a line of bullshit and you want me to sell you a line of bullshit back so you can write a major line of bullshit and be paid for it.
    -- Jennifer Egan

#Lying #Writing #Bullshit

• Be as pissed off as you want to be. Don’t hold back because you think it’s unladylike or some such nonsense. We shouldn’t be shamed out of our anger. We should be using it. Using it to make change in our own lives, and using it to make change in the lives around us. (I know, I’m cheesy.) So the next time someone calls you emotional, or asks if you’re PMSing, call them on their bullshit.
    -- Jessica Valenti

#Emotional #Thinking #Bullshit

• Why do we hide all the bullshit? Life is life. Why hide it?
    -- Jim Breuer

#Bullshit #Life Is

• I got this bad allergy - I'm allergic to bullshit.
    -- Jim Cornette

#Wrestling #Bullshit #Allergies

• I'd define it as self-awareness: an ability to trust your own judgment. An ability to see through veils of bullshit or spins on stories or propaganda. Maybe an ability to think for yourself.
    -- Joe

#Thinking #Self #Bullshit

• As I say at the beginning of my workshops, 'Everything I say here is a lie -- bullshit, in other words -- because anything that you put in words is not experience, is not the experiment. It's a representation -- a misrepresentation.
    -- John C. Lilly

#Lying #Bullshit #Misrepresentation

• Actors in general are pretty good bullshit artists; we're good at just chewing the fat, interacting with people. So we're good ambassadors for movies.
    -- John C. Reilly

#Artist #People #Bullshit

• Avant-garde is French for bullshit
    -- John Lennon

#Bullshit #Avant Garde

• I was never conscious of my screenplays having any acts. It's all bullshit.
    -- John Milius

#Bullshit #Conscious #Screenplays

• There is no definition of a mental disorder. It's bullshit. I mean, you just can't define it.
    -- Jon Rappoport

#Mean #Bullshit #Definitions

• Everything he did was at least partial and often total bullshit” (402).
    -- Jonathan Franzen

#Bullshit

• I don't buy into the glory days thing. I think every time has its great things to it. The '60s were such a glorious time but it's easy to forget that there was all sorts of bullshit too.
    -- Joseph Gordon-Levitt

#Thinking #Bullshit #Forget

• You're like a tornado of bullshit right now. We'll talk again when your bullshit dies out over someone else's house.
    -- Justin Halpern

#Bullshit #House #Tornadoes

• What Im trying to say is that what makes you up, its always been around, and it always will be around. So really the only thing you should worry about is the part you're at right now. Where you got a body and a head and all that bullshit. Just worry about living, dying is the easy part.
    -- Justin Halpern

#Bullshit #Worry #Dying

• You say you’re sick, huh? Well, it looks like you’ve come down with a case of bullshit.
    -- Justin Halpern

#Sick #Bullshit #Looks

• What I love about the way they both [Paul Thomas Anderson and Joaquin Phoenix] work is that all of the monkey business is on film. There's no monkey business outside of the monkey business of making the movie. There's no ego bullshit, there's no wasted energy. It's all directed at the story and that's rare.
    -- Katherine Waterston

#Phoenix #Bullshit #Ego

• Kids are so smart these days. They sense when there's a phony bologna out there. Especially in music, when they see something that's being marketed to them, they'll call it out. They'll be like, "This chick is bullshit."
    -- Katy Perry

#Smart #Kids #Bullshit

• Bullshit, as you Americans say. He's Irish. The Irish say bullshit too.
    -- Kevin Hearne

#Bullshit

• There's no need to wait for the bad things and bullshit to be over. Change now. Love now. Live now. Don't wait for people to give you permission to live, because they won't.
    -- Kris Carr

#Change #Life Lesson #Bullshit

• In three strides Reaver was on her, his mouth crushing hers. “No more bullshit,” he said against her lips. “I want you. I think I’ve always wanted you.
    -- Larissa Ione

#Crush #Thinking #Bullshit

• The first day of school is bullshit
    -- Lauren Barnholdt

#School #Bullshit #First Day Of School

• Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you
    -- Lemmy Kilmister

#Bullshit #People #Waiting

• That’s what death did, it treated you like a child, like everything you had ever thought and done and cared about was just a child’s game, to be crumpled up and thrown away when it was over. It didn’t matter. Death didn’t respect you. Death thought you were bullshit, and it wanted to make sure you knew it.
    -- Lev Grossman

#Children #Games #Bullshit

• They don't find peace. It's pure bullshit. When something unspeakable happens, or when you do something unspeakable, it changes you. It takes you apart and reassembles you. You are a Frankenstein of circumstance, and the parts never fit back quite right and the life you live is a stolen one. You don't deserve to walk among the living, and you know it.
    -- Lisa Unger

#Life #Bullshit #Fit

• whenever they get a chance, never fear, people make you waste hours and months ... they use you as a wall to bounce their bullshit off of ... blah! and blah! and blahblahblah! ... you put up with it for an hour, you'll need two weeks to recover ... blah! blah!
    -- Louis-Ferdinand Celine

#Wall #Two #Bullshit

• We have to believe in ourselves more. It's all the same thing: We need to release the guilt. We need to forgive. We need to drop all the bullshit we were taught.
    -- Louise Hay

#Believe #Bullshit #Forgiving

• Dreamworlds can maintain themselves only as glimpses. Once the writer transports the reader across the threshold, nothing that was promised can be delivered. What was ominous becomes ordinary; what was bizarre, quotidian. Unless you simply keep upping the ante, piling on the bullshit, the only way to revive things is to switch perspectives as quickly as you can.
    -- M. John Harrison

#Perspective #Bullshit #Glimpse